PDA

View Full Version : Marketing opportunity re: Facebook

Scottt
16th May 2008, 06:46 PM
Facebook is going gangbusters, right. In every corner of the globe.

For those Facebook neophytes, the Facebook database is full of different 'applications' you can add to your page to personalise it - say a travel map showing all the places you've been, or a list of your favourite books/films/CDs, surveys that show what Simpsons character you are etc... pretty much everything.

Many are presented by a website, so it's a good little bit of advertising for the site every time someone adds the application to their page.

So what is mising is a What's in the Bag application. It would take some setting up, but I think golfers, as an obsessive bunch, would love the chance to show off their arsenal on their Facebook page.

You could have pics of all your sticks and you bag and whatnot.

There are also some stats applications on there that could easily be ripped off easily.

Does anyone here with some IT nous know what goes into creating a Facebook application? I'd be happy to help out with sourcing images and whatnot to help get it together.

poidda
16th May 2008, 09:18 PM
I'll look into it next week. I have been trying to think of an useful application to write for facebook.

AndyP
17th May 2008, 09:21 AM
I'll leave the contract negotiations up to goughy, poid.

goughy
17th May 2008, 09:39 AM
I'll leave the contract negotiations up to goughy.

It'll never get done then :roll::mrgreen: