PDA

View Full Version : Attention the Goldie crew

shavey
13th May 2004, 11:27 PM
Just wanted to check if any of your were interested in playing Lakelands in a few weeks on a Sunday (maybe the 23rd or 30th)?

$50 bucks each...

Only three spots available..

Onewood
13th May 2004, 11:39 PM
shavey,
I'm interested in the 30th 8)

AndyP
14th May 2004, 12:30 AM
Damn, in Canberra both dates.

Lakelands for $50. =P~

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 07:13 AM
Absolutely!!!! Could it be the 23rd as well?? I had planned a game at Gailes on the 23rd with choppa and rok..... but none of us has played Lakelands before.... Was that an internet deal or something??? Great price!!

Can I get back to you in a couple of hours once I've checked with the other two....

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 08:46 AM
Absolutely!!!! Could it be the 23rd as well?? I had planned a game at Gailes on the 23rd with choppa and rok..... but none of us has played Lakelands before.... Was that an internet deal or something??? Great price!!

Can I get back to you in a couple of hours once I've checked with the other two....

Yep, 3 x confirmed starters if you make it the 23rd. Can't make it the 30th. Up to you mate!

Onewood
14th May 2004, 11:15 AM

Yep, 3 x confirmed starters if you make it the 23rd. Can't make it the 30th. Up to you mate!

First in best dressed :wink: check the first post :D so theres only 2 vacant spots not 3 :D

markTHEblake
14th May 2004, 11:47 AM
Shave, what happened to the private email invites i used to get ? :x

Book me in either day providing that the Tee off time is after 11.30.

dont worry if the spots are all full up already, those clowns from brisbane are always pulling out of golf at the last moment, so I am guaranteed a spot as a first reserve.

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 01:31 PM

First in best dressed :wink: check the first post :D so theres only 2 vacant spots not 3 :D

Kev, I'm not disputing you were the first to respond. :roll:

Let me rephrase my last post.... I checked with the other two (choppa and rok) and they, like me, are available on the 23rd if Shavey chooses to invite us. If the event is on the 30th, none of us are available. If the offer is available for BOTH weekends, looks like he's got 6 guests now ready and eager. The 6 guests would be YOU, ME, choppa, rok, golfer69, marktheblake.

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 01:37 PM
Shave, what happened to the private email invites i used to get ? :x

Book me in either day providing that the Tee off time is after 11.30.

dont worry if the spots are all full up already, those clowns from brisbane are always pulling out of golf at the last moment, so I am guaranteed a spot as a first reserve.

MTB, please check your facts before you slander us all with the same brush... [-X [-X

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 01:51 PM
Vegas,

Not happy with my position in your batting order there ! :x
What does a game at lakelands cost these days ?
I saw a letter in the office here last week offering 2 for 1. If the boss don't want it I guess I can steal it.

OK, how about... Kev, G69, MTB, choppa, rok, BrisVegas ???

Honestly, if it worries you boys that much, count me out. I'm sure I'll get a game at Lakelands eventually, but I don't want to start a fight over the elusive 4th spot.... Gailes is $8.80. A game's a game. Macleod was wanting a game that day anyway, so I'm sure he'll be happy to see his home club again.

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 02:00 PM
Vegas,
MTB is an absolute bunny...put him in at #11.

:lol: :lol: You're words mate, not mine!!!

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 02:09 PM
If we're going to get pedantic about this, the thread was aimed at the Goldie crew, not the Ippy or Brizzy crew ! :D

Well, yes, you were being pedantic..... :-({|=

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 02:13 PM
G69, We need 8-9 more pages of this before it's a real golf day... :!:

Where's choppa??? He's always got something smart to add.... :twisted:

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 02:32 PM
cool. where do i go for that?

Onewood
14th May 2004, 04:51 PM
:shock: :shock: Are we sounding a bit Vicish here :lol: :lol:

Jarro
14th May 2004, 04:59 PM

i think we need spellcheck built into these forums :? :lol:

markTHEblake
14th May 2004, 05:05 PM
If we're going to get pedantic about this, the thread was aimed at the Goldie crew, not the Ippy or Brizzy crew ! :D

Well that only leaves two of us entitled to the invite. Whom do you think we should let in?

Onewood
14th May 2004, 06:29 PM

What can't you understand mate

VIC-ish :smt102

Jarro
14th May 2004, 06:58 PM

What can't you understand mate

VIC-ish :smt102

don't worry about me Kev, i'm a dope :oops:

Onewood
14th May 2004, 07:07 PM
:lol: :lol: I knew you'd get it sooner or later :lol: :lol:

AndyP
14th May 2004, 10:07 PM
I'm in. Oh wait, am I too late? :roll:

Now I definitely sound Vic-ish, but that's in my blood. :wink:

You've probably all scared shavey off now.

shavey
16th May 2004, 07:14 AM
This thread stops right here and now.. I can't believe the response.. Please remember one and all, this is ozgolf.net, not rec.sports.golf

If you want to diss each other, this is not the place...

I will probably look at the 30th for the game and will sought through the thread to organise my playing partners..

Will organise another day in the future and will let you all know...

Stay tuned for some photos from the day..

goughy
16th May 2004, 10:37 AM
Let's keep it civil guys. We don't want it to turn into rsg. I left that place a couple of years ago, and I don't think much has changed.

Kind of off topic but here goes....

I'm possibly staying at royal pines for a weekend later in the year (octoberish). Game of golf included. I don't know much about it, but parents told me that they can find a group for me. But if I can make my own group and some of you guys are interested that would be cool. No idea of cost or anything yet. Just thought I'd mention it.

markTHEblake
16th May 2004, 11:14 AM
This thread stops right here and now.. I can't believe the response.. Please remember one and all, this is ozgolf.net, not rec.sports.golf

dont worry shave, we is all mates here. you wouldnt beleive all the hugging that goes on at our golf days.

It wouldnt be "Oz" golf if there wasnt sledging. some of these blokes here would make Steve Waugh cry.

goughy
16th May 2004, 12:41 PM
[quote="markTHEblakeIt wouldnt be "Oz" golf if there wasnt sledging. some of these blokes here would make Steve Waugh cry.[/quote]

And Glen McGrath blush :oops:

markTHEblake
25th May 2004, 01:54 PM
Just spoke to Shavey, and it looks like we are going to play Sunday 30th May at around 1-2pm, to be confirmed. There is a shotgun start earlier so the later tee time wont hurt us as there will be nobody in front of us.

Shavey will post the confirmed times later.