PDA

View Full Version : Cally HX Tour 56

Scottt
13th May 2008, 02:36 PM
Just picked up a dozen in my search to replace the NXT Tour as my ball of choice. I've read a few good things here and there. Anyone here played them for any length of time?

kpac
13th May 2008, 02:39 PM
yep they're good. I'm no where near good enough to utilise their full potential but, they're a good ball, lots of spin, go far enough...

dc68
13th May 2008, 02:40 PM
Shite. The cover chews off them in about 4 holes.

PeteyD
I liked them. Usually get these ones with vouchers from the pro shop. The newer ones have a longer lasting cover. They are outdated though with the iX or whatever it is coming out.

3oneday
I have played the HX 56 for about 3 years... I have tried to change but can't :)

I love everything about this ball, perfect stopping, flies well, great feel, excellent distance. Nothing bad to say about them.

gazgolf1
13th May 2008, 02:42 PM
They will spin a lot more than a NXT Tour.

Scottt
13th May 2008, 03:13 PM
They will spin a lot more than a NXT Tour.

That's the plan. I went from ProV1 to NXT Tour and while I like the NXT Tour in most areas, but short game doesn't agree with it. I use spin a lot on short shots and my U/D % dropped from around 45 with a Pro V to 15 or 20 with the NXT.

I was hitting more greens, but not enough more that I could afford such a piss poor U/D stat.

The NXT can also take 15 ft to pull up on a 4-7 iron shot, and 7-10ft on a short iton at times - so tight pins were off limits as well.

Jarro
13th May 2008, 06:04 PM
Scottt, get some mint condition secondhand 2008 ProV1X's ... much better ball ;)

leighthebee
13th May 2008, 06:31 PM
yeah, i don't mind the hexes. got the same sort of durability as prov's for me.

only thing i didn't like is the graphics taking up most of the ball.

if i could get blank prov's i would

miro
13th May 2008, 06:45 PM
I have played the HX Tour and HX Tour 56 for the past 12 months and generally reckon they are a first class ball. Versus the Pro V1 I dont think the Cally's spin as much which is most notable chipping. But for me I reckon that they feel slighter firmer which I like.

On a really personal opinion basis I think the Pro V1's putt better -actually roll better. This may make no sense at all but there you go.

I am going to spend the next 3 or so months playing the V1X and see how it goes.

talbo
13th May 2008, 06:51 PM
Anyone like the TM TP Red/Black, compared to the HX Tour 56?

jaybam
13th May 2008, 06:58 PM
I will hit the taylor made tp black before i go back to the hx tour 56's. Just like the feel of them better and get a better flight. :)

macjackass
13th May 2008, 07:05 PM
Tried the new TM red today, not bad but IMO the pro v is still the best ball around. The new prov 1x is my favourite.

pt73
13th May 2008, 07:05 PM
I have played the HX 56 for about 3 years... I have tried to change but can't :)

I love everything about this ball, perfect stopping, flies well, great feel, excellent distance. Nothing bad to say about them.
Exactly the same for me. I've been given some Tour ix to try but that will be just before my current stock of HX Tour 56 runs out.

PT

talbo
13th May 2008, 07:15 PM
I will hit the taylor made tp black before i go back to the hx tour 56's. Just like the feel of them better and get a better flight. :)

Cheers, will try them out :)

oz
13th May 2008, 07:21 PM
Very good quality ball, IMO. Hard to find a real weakness. If being picky, I found them to be a little less durable than some other premium balls. I must say, though, it is about perfect in terms of feel (for me).

3oneday
13th May 2008, 10:03 PM
Exactly the same for me. I've been given some Tour ix to try but that will be just before my current stock of HX Tour 56 runs out.

PTisn;t the ix the replacement for the HX Tour ? I'm waiting for the i.