PDA

View Full Version : Graphite Shafted irons

Pinglauncher
11th May 2008, 09:34 PM
Due to my elbow injury and the unknown factor of when it may get back to some type of normality, I have been considering over the last few weeks whether a graphite shafted set of irons may ease some of the pain and enable a slow comeback to a little more practice.

Considering Mizuno MX-23 or MX-25 or Titleist 775 with stock regular graphite. Would love a set of AP1's but not having played graphite extensively in irons not willing to outlay a fortune if it does not work out for me.

Any thoughts or suggestions for good combos http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif

TS
11th May 2008, 09:46 PM
Chris.

I like the feel of graphite in irons instead of steel, but I find most stock graphite shaft is too light.

I have a set of MX-23 with the stick graphite. I have added a fair bit of lead tape to the head but they are still feeling too light.

I have put some 115g UST graphite shaft into a set of X-forge and they feel quite good. Got the kick of graphite and the weight of light weight steel.

TS

BrisVegas
12th May 2008, 08:39 AM
Chris.

I like the feel of graphite in irons instead of steel, but I find most stock graphite shaft is too light.

I have put some 115g UST graphite shaft into a set of X-forge and they feel quite good. Got the kick of graphite and the weight of light weight steel.

TS

That sounds cool TS. I had the 104gram UST graphite in my hybrid and it felt just like steel to me in terms of weight, but smoother at impact.

I'd hate to think how much coin a set of X-Forged's with UST graphites would be though! :shock:

Grunt
12th May 2008, 12:37 PM
I had my first ever use of Graphite shafts in a recent club test for Golf Australia. Was impressed but they did feel too light for me. The clubs were the new Callaway i-brid irons. Did not really suit me 100% but were a nice club.

3oneday
12th May 2008, 02:15 PM
What's 30 grams to a chopper ?

You should probably save the cash for lessons.

;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pinglauncher
12th May 2008, 02:32 PM

Lessons generally require practising the swing changes to be of any benefit. A little difficult at the moment :wink:

Pinglauncher
12th May 2008, 02:34 PM
Chris.

I have a set of MX-23 with the stick graphite. I have added a fair bit of lead tape to the head but they are still feeling too light.

TS

Maybe you should consider selling the MX-23's if you don't like them :wink:

They wouldn't be regular would they :roll:

TS
12th May 2008, 02:36 PM

It is much more fun trying to buy a solution. And require less effect.

Not that it ever work yet!