PDA

View Full Version : da Blake v Da-moocow

markTHEblake
10th May 2008, 09:57 PM
Damo, thought an impatient bastard like you would have begun organising this last monday afternoon around 4pm.

How does Carbrook on a sunday arvo sound? Its $17 and easy on the travel for both of us, and is in good nick at the moment.

p.s. minimum 13 club rule applies.

damoocow
11th May 2008, 03:34 PM
How about Keperra on a Sunday or a Wednesday ? - course is in great condition and travel is easy for me

markTHEblake
11th May 2008, 04:01 PM
travel is easy for me

thats an incentive, I wouldnt want to tire you out before you played.

Cant do wednesdays (how can a teacher do wednesdays), Sundays are fine if after 12, and < 1hr travel time.

Rusty
12th May 2008, 05:49 PM
i'd go back to Carbrook for a Sunday arvo game. Carbrook seems a neutral enough venue about half way.

damoocow
15th May 2008, 09:48 AM
how about Karana Downs ?

Jarro
15th May 2008, 03:18 PM
how about Karana Downs ?

I'd be keen to play there again 8)

damoocow
21st May 2008, 07:55 AM
How about we play this at the Nudgee Plate ?

Jarro
21st May 2008, 02:40 PM
I'm not sure if Blakey will be playing the Nudgee Plate Damo, it's an early tee-time, something he hates (that's why i make it early every year)

damoocow
25th May 2008, 09:04 PM
Perhaps you would prefer Victoria Park anytime on a Sunday ?

markTHEblake
25th May 2008, 10:41 PM
Anytime Sat, or Sunday PM. I aint sure if i will play nudgee,

Have you really got something against Carbrook, it is the new Windaroo. (cheap and we can get on there)

damoocow
27th May 2008, 08:08 PM
If you really can't play Nudgee then Carbrook may be a chance - what dates are you available ? - we both have to fit in with family stuff...........

markTHEblake
27th May 2008, 08:57 PM
what dates are you available ?

Sundays, tee time Midday or after.
Saturdays are ok, but its hard for us to get on somewhere

damoocow
15th June 2008, 06:23 PM
damoocow wins 2 and 1.....................this was a very subdued match on reflection – we certainly both had our chances to win but seemed to fritter away our best chances.............Blakey got away to an early lead and I fought back to be 2 up after 10 holes...........Blakey then won the next two holes and we stayed all square until the 16th when what looked to be the best approach of the match by Blakey just ran over the green and we both made 5's but with my shot [on most holes !] I won – game was over on the 17th green when we both made 5's again............I think Blakey's short game deserted him just in his hour of need [I suspect that his flowing locks hampered his vision]– although up to that point he was chipping and putting very well – add to that his accurate tee shots and pin seeking [or pin hitting] approaches and it was a fun match played in good spirits.....thanks Blakey and also kpac and dc for the round...........Nudgee was in great nick, thanks Jarro again for organising...............

Flowergirl
16th June 2008, 02:33 PM
I was rooting for ya Damoocow:smt060

Jarro
16th June 2008, 02:36 PM
I was rooting for ya Damoocow:smt060

I think we all were ;)

markTHEblake
16th June 2008, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the game Damo. it was a rather uneventful match really, whilst close it never really got exciting. I think it was just the arduous conditions on the day that probably deflated some of the emotions, I guess its like watching a footy game in the mud.

For a bloke off 23 you play pretty well, and to think that you apart from those two clangers (7 over on 11 and 12) you woudl have cleaned up everything.

BrisVegas
17th June 2008, 02:14 PM
For a bloke off 23 you play pretty well, and to think that you apart from those two clangers (7 over on 11 and 12) you woudl have cleaned up everything.

23 markers MUST have a couple of clangers per round otherwise they win everything. :wink: