PDA

View Full Version : *Found* WTB DG SL S300 shafts or clubs

goonie
9th May 2008, 10:21 PM
Seeing if someone has any of these shafts they want to sell, taper or parallel OK.
Or a set of players Cavs with these shafts for the right price. eg j33cb, 704s, 755s, r7tp...

If not may have to order some from golfcomponents.com.au.
Does anyone know if this site is reputable? does Ben still run it?

Thanks

markTHEblake
9th May 2008, 10:26 PM
i was under the impression that Ben has wound (or winding) down the business. You could contact him on his forum if you are not sure.

In any case, i reckon if you contact the Golf Factory in Bundall (gold coast) ask for Craig, tell him you are from Ozgolf, you might find the deal is as good as any.

peter_rs
10th May 2008, 01:18 PM
let me know how much you can get a set for new and I may change my mind on the j33cb ;)

goonie
10th May 2008, 04:08 PM
Asked the Pro Shop at my Club for a price today, and they can get them for me pretty cheap (a bit cheaper than online after adding postage costs) and I can use my golf winnings to offset the cost, so will only cost me about $60-$70, so I think I might go that way if nothing else comes up in the next few days.

OK peter, changed your mind yet? :-)

goonie
12th May 2008, 11:36 AM
where are you peter? :-)

Jarro
12th May 2008, 11:38 AM
Any particular reason why you want DG SL shafts ?

goonie
12th May 2008, 12:27 PM
I like the flight of the DG shafts but find, maybe because I only play once a week, that I start losing my swing (mainly irons) towards the end of a round. And if I'm having a bad day or a bit tired the iron shots can get pretty bad. But I have also had very good rounds with the DG's. I am current using 110-115g Nippon's and they are easier to use round after round, but the flight can get a bit high. A month or so ago I put a 6 iron together with the DG SL shaft in it and took it to the range and found it easier to swing with less effort, had a lower flight and was 16g lighter overall than the nippon shafted clubs. I have a few spare sets of iron heads so I want to get some DG SL shafts and give a full set a run and see if the hype is true that they play like the DG but 20% lighter.

Jarro
12th May 2008, 12:32 PM
Ok cool :)

The reason i ask is because i'm in exactly the same boat ... i have DGS300's in my J33 combo's and i'm looking at lighter alternative with similar characteristics to the DG's

3oneday
12th May 2008, 02:17 PM
Ktk

goonie
12th May 2008, 04:44 PM
Ktk??

peter_rs
12th May 2008, 05:21 PM
where are you peter? :-)

interstate working ;)