PDA

View Full Version : and you thought you could only play golf at daytime? Think again

flyfordelectronics
6th May 2008, 10:21 PM
The promotion has closed and thankyou to all the people that participated. We had a great response from people all over Australia and the world. The people who emailed me befored this time today will recieve their free twilight tracer early next week.

William Moore
Flyford Electronics
flyford@flyford.com

mikezone13
6th May 2008, 10:30 PM
Hmm.. are these the balls that when you hit them the kinetic energy makes them light and up and flash and you then get about 3-5 minutes to walk to your ball?

If so, great idea, but poorly implemented as after taking your pre-shot routine the ball stopped flashing and you had to hit in pitch blackness. Was funny though!

markTHEblake
6th May 2008, 10:34 PM
tough luck if you hit into the pond and the ball is perched up nicely on the duckweed.

3oneday
6th May 2008, 10:34 PM
Probably still can't see it at the bottom of a pond though.

flyfordelectronics
6th May 2008, 10:50 PM
It's actually not the kinetic energy - these one's actually have light bulbs that flash in them. So you give the ball a little knock so it's flashing put the ball on the tee and fire away. You have 5 minutes to walk up to your ball, which is plenty of time. The light bulb is very powerful so you can see the balls from over 4 holes away. The best thing thing to do is to have 2 so you can alternate between each shot that way the ball never catches you out on your second shot. Best way to explain it is to imagine as soon as you give the ball a knock a timer starts counting down from 5 minutes till it turns off.

flyfordelectronics
6th May 2008, 10:54 PM
so if any of you golfers want to try one out for free if your in the first 50 to email me I'll send one out to you and you can report back to us your two cents on it.

flyford@flyford.com

mikezone13
6th May 2008, 11:07 PM
OK, I'll take you up on that.. email sent.

flyfordelectronics
6th May 2008, 11:34 PM
so i've sent off mikezone13's twilight tracer ball since he was 2nd to take me up on the offer, so in the next couple days he should be able to give us some feedback on his experience with it. shall be interesting...

Also if you don't want me to send the ball to your address you can list your club address and I'll send it attention to you

markTHEblake
7th May 2008, 12:09 AM
Yeh, but you expect us to pay for the thing if we keep it.... just like those free stamp collections i subscribed for as a kid, cost mum a fortune.

flyfordelectronics
7th May 2008, 12:22 AM
I totally understand the skepticism, I would be skeptical if I was you. But I'm not expecting any payments and clearly said that the first 50 people to respond will receive their golf balls free. I can do this due to a backlog of stock and it help gets word about the product around. So that's the honest reason behind this. Either take advantage of it or not. Also it's not a subscription to anything. I'm just a regular golfer myself I've been a member for two clubs here in Melbourne for a long time. any more questions?

markTHEblake
7th May 2008, 12:28 AM
But I'm not expecting any payments and clearly said that the first 50 people to respond will receive their golf balls free.

Not quite clear then

we’ll send you a twilight tracer golf ball before you pay a cent and you only pay for it IF your happy with it.

flyfordelectronics
7th May 2008, 12:58 AM
apologies mark I should've made it more clear - done so now

sms316
7th May 2008, 06:39 AM
These pills are worth $20 each?? Do they come with a disco light inside them or something?

PeteyD
7th May 2008, 07:05 AM
Naked Dancing girls?

3oneday
7th May 2008, 07:56 AM
I'm not allowed out at nights.

gaetan
7th May 2008, 08:13 AM
http://www.paramountzone.com/twilight] scroll down to comments by users

Email sent William, thanks for the offer. PS, the link you provided appears to be dead.

Gaetan

prmeier
7th May 2008, 09:18 AM
email sent flyfordelectronics.

moree golfer
7th May 2008, 10:19 AM
I'll give it a go and tell everyone what I think of it, no holds barred. I have only ever played night golf with a 6pack in the bag so I'll keep with tradition. Email sent to flyfordelectronics.

poidda
7th May 2008, 10:41 AM
These pills are worth $20 each?? Do they come with a disco light inside them or something?

I'm giving away 50 balls worth a 1000 dollars free.

Yeah at 20 clams a ball, that turns my round into a $100+ day out. And yeah, I don't care how bright they are, if they're at the bottom of a pond, or in someones bedroom it aint going to help. ;)

dc68
7th May 2008, 11:40 AM
or in someones bedroom it aint going to help. ;)

You gonna buy a half dozen and string em together mate?

3oneday
7th May 2008, 12:15 PM
On the Christmas Tree ?

flyfordelectronics
7th May 2008, 01:41 PM
I fixed the link, just forgot to put the .htm at the end of it www.paramountzone.com/twilight.htm - As far as the cost goes they are definitely not going to cost you 20 dollars a ball - they will if you go to a retail store but we cut out the middle man so we can get them for you for around 40 dollars for 3 which is about 13 dollars a ball - now don't titliest pro-v's come in at 9-10 dollars a ball? and they definitely don't have any electronics in them. But anyway there's the questions answered. I don't expect anyone here to buy one anyway, i'll be selling them to retail stores soon and you'll be able to get them from there. Just want to test the market.

Jarro
7th May 2008, 01:47 PM
I'm just struggling to know when i'd actually use them ?

I mean, i don't play golf in the dark :-s

dc68
7th May 2008, 01:50 PM
Just think mate you could knock off at 2am and slip in 9 holes on the way home.

Toolish
7th May 2008, 02:01 PM
If it works well I am thinking of setting up a golf night at the club I grew up at in an attempt to get some more money in for the club.

ddasey
7th May 2008, 02:08 PM
If it works well I am thinking of setting up a golf night at the club I grew up at in an attempt to get some more money in for the club.

Great idea.

I think you could take it a tad further, with barefoot night golf with compulsory UDL :-k

Jarro
7th May 2008, 02:10 PM
Just think mate you could knock off at 2am and slip in 9 holes on the way home.

Mate, there's only one hole i wanna slip into after 2am !!

3oneday
7th May 2008, 02:15 PM
ewwww

Toolish
7th May 2008, 02:20 PM
Great idea.

I think you could take it a tad further, with barefoot night golf with compulsory UDL :-k

Will skip the barefoot...3 corner jacks and oily feet won't really encourage the punters. But beers would definately have to be up there. That said on a normal day you have 5 opportunites on the way around to get a beer due to eskies around the course!

markTHEblake
7th May 2008, 07:53 PM
Most golf courses around here lock all the gates when it gets dark, ya wouldnt be able to get out. Except for the ones lit up for night golf.

Dazza
7th May 2008, 08:14 PM
Mate, there's only one hole i wanna slip into after 2am !!

Thats bloody gold!

I haven't tried night golf before... What other methods do people use to make the ball glow/flash?

sms316
7th May 2008, 08:50 PM
Thats bloody gold!

I haven't tried night golf before... What other methods do people use to make the ball glow/flash?

Put your ball in a microwave.
:shock:

moree golfer
8th May 2008, 04:20 PM
There are rubber-type balls that have a hole through them and you jam a glow stick inside to make it luminescent. Balls aren't crash hot though and I have only used them on a course with sand greens.

Toolish
8th May 2008, 04:28 PM
I have used them before...only go about 75% of a normal ball distance. I too have only used them on sands. Had a couple of interesting experiences.

1. While putting a ball went against the break. When we picked it up realised there was a 3 corner jack in the side of the ball that had pushed it off course.

2. A stick that obviously hadn't been put in properly came flying out in mid air. Had no idea what was happening as it looked like the ball just plummetted out of the sky!

rocket
8th May 2008, 04:40 PM
We played night golf while in Thailand a few months ago the course has 27 holes all fully light, we hit of at 6.30pm and finished around 11.30 it was great, over there a lot of the business guys knock of work 5-6pm and head out for 18 holes, the course was that well light i think I only lost one ball in a water hazard, we only used standard balls not flashing or fancy ones.

Jarro
8th May 2008, 04:48 PM
We played night golf while in Thailand a few months ago

Surely you could've been doing better things with your time during the evenings ?

;)

Scottt
8th May 2008, 04:56 PM
I played some 24hr challenges a few years back at Northbridge. It was a cancer fundraiser.

The organiser was a bloke named Gary Dawson, who once played 1107 holes in a week at Northbrisge (hilly par 64 in Sydney) at a stroke average of 70.

4 rounds in 24 hours, using glow balls (with the stick in them) for the night rounds.

It was ****ing brilliant.

There are also balls that you charge up with a black light and they stay glowing for about an hour.

rocket
8th May 2008, 04:57 PM
Jarro, the courses in Thailand are brilliant and the caddies aren't half bad.

CobraSS
8th May 2008, 06:44 PM
Jarro, the courses in Thailand are brilliant and the caddies aren't half bad.

ladyboys aren't they.........:lol:

markTHEblake
8th May 2008, 06:49 PM
No to both Jarro, the caddies are not 'approachable' to do so would be considered very bad manners.

There are dedicated establishments for ladies that are approachable :-)

rocket
8th May 2008, 09:06 PM
No they aren't lady boys and Mark some are very approachable in fact one actually hit a mate up for a quick trip into the woods. One caddie I had passed her number onto me, Last time I was there we played a round with two Thai nationals and messing around with the caddies is a bit of a sport to them, nothing serious but they rely on tips if they are a bit touchy with the guy he tips better. By in large you are spot on, but they are no different to a lot of Thai women, if asked out to dinner etc they won't knock it back. That has been my experience on the couple of trips I have had there.

mikezone13
14th May 2008, 02:54 PM
Received my ball today... and the marketing spiel along with it... no metnion of credit card details or anything.

Even came in the retail box with a ball pouch and a couple of tees. The only bit that worried me is where it says, good for 450 light ups (about 5 rounds) but then I realised I'd probably lose a ball within 5 rounds anyway.

Only problem I see is when you're on the 5th hole and you lose your only one into a water hazard... hahaha and have to trudge back to the car park in the dark.

I can see the sales pitch being buy on, buy many, you don't want to get stranded.

I am now done to 446 light ups as I keep knocking it on my desk to see the glow.

Will give a review once I've used it in the dark on a real course.

3oneday
14th May 2008, 03:15 PM
Everyone should have a ball pouch.

;)

ddasey
14th May 2008, 03:22 PM
Everyone should have a ball pouch.

;)

I prefer a sack....:wink:

moree golfer
14th May 2008, 03:24 PM
" good for 450 light ups (about 5 rounds) but then I realised I'd probably lose a ball within 5 rounds anyway.

I am now done to 446 light ups as I keep knocking it on my desk to see the glow.

Will give a review once I've used it in the dark on a real course.

I am still awaiting mine but I want to know if there is counter on the ball as to how many lightups left? Wouldn't it p**s you off if you are 5 holes in and the thing runs out!! :smt013

3oneday
14th May 2008, 03:47 PM
That's probably why you need to buy one guys ;)

:lol: