PDA

View Full Version : Superstitions

Flowergirl
28th October 2004, 01:15 PM
Ok.........after just posting on another thread about only using "Noodles" cos I'm superstitious about using another brand of ball.I started thinking about other superstitions I have when it comes to golf.

If I mark my ball at all - I only ever use a flower.
If I really want to have a good game I make sure I eat baked beans for breakfast and I wear my "lucky" black undies ( no connection to the previous meal choice) and I sing a rendition of "fly me to the Moon" while driving in my car up the hill to the course.

You see cos at one time all of these things were done before a good game before so it must be the key and I'm not prepared to take the risk :P

amanda
28th October 2004, 01:42 PM
Must have my hat clip ball marker, Michigan State University Spartans pitch tool & a small Woodstock (from the Snoopy cartoons) that has come to every exam since 1990.

damoocow
28th October 2004, 01:47 PM
Strange thing for me is that I always used to say "tee scabs burn in hell' and would never pick up a good tee another player had discarded - but since I have started picking these tees up I have played better - for godsake I now even pick up half tees ! - What is happening to me - oh I am so ashamed.
damoocow

markTHEblake
28th October 2004, 01:51 PM
Red tees are lucky. Why? cos the pro at my first club (whom GG knows well), used to go through the pack and throw out the red tees cos he said they were unlucky. So i used to get em!

Fishman Dan
28th October 2004, 01:54 PM
FG - your ball marker concept is cool.
Damo - you are getting weirder. Perhaps you should lower your GI? :lol:

Superstitions? Apart from the usual - left sock, right sock. Left shoe, right shoe (from my cricket playing days - left pad first - it's the front-foot, then right pad; left glove first, then right glove - because the left-glove thumb isn't fat with padding and you can fasten the other).

Bunch of tee's (6-8?) in the pocket. Marker and pitch-repairer. When i play my next good round i'll document everything i did and try it a 2nd time... :roll:

BrisVegas
28th October 2004, 02:08 PM
If I really want to have a good game I make sure I eat baked beans for breakfast and I wear my "lucky" black undies ( no connection to the previous meal choice) and I sing a rendition of "fly me to the Moon" while driving in my car up the hill to the course.

Chri$t, that's some weird shi!t right there.... :shock: You're creeping me out just a bit FG...

Flowergirl
28th October 2004, 02:16 PM

Chri$t, that's some weird shi!t right there.... :shock: You're creeping me out just a bit FG...

Hey Bris - I can get a lot creepier than that !!!

And guys thanks so much - I thought I was the only weirdo!!!
( good to see you're normal like me after all Damoocow!!) :wink:

3oneday
28th October 2004, 02:18 PM
If I mark my ball at all - I only ever use a flower. don't venture out in the wind then :wink: :lol:

Used to have different fixations, some I won't care to go into, don't think there are any nowadays, I got nuthin.

I must be in touch with my inner being

:lol:

macleod
28th October 2004, 02:31 PM
was my lucky purple lyrca undies but i blew a hole in them so..... :shock:

now that i think of it, ever since they 'died'...... :-k

i don't knock superstitions much, they are a powerful psychological tool for most people...equally a tool of both good and bad though. that's why i don't have any, i gots enough issues.

i believe in the fundamental interconnectedness of all things at a quantum level so i don't discount anything lightly, maybe it's a dirk gently thing.

let's put it this way then, it's like the boyscout motto but for the individuals psyche.

My father had a thing about "Liddle Luck", it is just murphy's law but specific to anyone who had his genes.

Personally i appreciated the nice alliterative quality of it :lol:

damoocow
28th October 2004, 02:35 PM
Flowergirl - I think we are both 'normal' it's just the rest of the world that is #$cked up.
damoocow

AndyP
28th October 2004, 02:36 PM
I'm trying to think of some little thing I consistently do before every round that may be counted as superstitous, but I don't think there is anything.

macleod
28th October 2004, 02:43 PM
swing keys aren't supersition are they?

like normans right pocket back...

i used to try and visualise stuff but the giant bats and lizards were getting to me...

andylo
28th October 2004, 02:43 PM
When I see the good tees in the gay pink colour I usually pick them up and use them for driver shot exclusively.

For some reason I will drive so straight until the tee breaks.

And the ability expired on the day too... if the tee survived the game and I use it next week, it lost it's superpower.

Flowergirl
28th October 2004, 02:45 PM
swing keys aren't supersition are they?

like normans right pocket back...

i used to try and visualise stuff but the giant bats and lizards were getting to me...

Maybe it's time to lay off the scotch a bit there........isn't that called the DT's.???

And AndyP..........surely you must have some little weird thing you do?????

macleod
28th October 2004, 02:46 PM
mmm delirium tremens......skadnv'KNWVEwme ,msd45sdv hooray!

:smt030

Fishman Dan
28th October 2004, 02:57 PM
mmm delirium tremens......skadnv'KNWVEwme ,msd45sdv hooray!

:smt030

And i have some troubles reading A-Lo's posts... Anyone?

:smt102

AndyP
28th October 2004, 02:57 PM
And AndyP..........surely you must have some little weird thing you do?????
Yes, but we are talking about golf here, FG. :neutral:
If I think of something, I will report it.

Hasn't clikchic installed that automatic macleod translator into this forum yet? :?

Jarro
28th October 2004, 03:42 PM
.. i'd like to hear more about the black undies please FG :wink:

Flowergirl
28th October 2004, 04:01 PM
.. i'd like to hear more about the black undies please FG :wink:

Hate to disappoint you Jarro..............but did you see Bridget Jones Secret Diary???? Well undies like them but black.....nothing the remotely anything sexy at all..........very comfortable, big, granny undies!!!!!

Jarro
28th October 2004, 04:55 PM
Hate to disappoint you Jarro..............but did you see Bridget Jones Secret Diary???? Well undies like them but black.....nothing the remotely anything sexy at all..........very comfortable, big, granny undies!!!!!

=P~ :smt016

Flowergirl
28th October 2004, 05:15 PM

=P~ :smt016

You are one sick puppy!!! :roll: :D ( but u make me laugh)

Jarro
28th October 2004, 05:35 PM
You are one sick puppy!!!

thankyou very much :D :smt023

terryand
28th October 2004, 09:43 PM
God bless cottontails het FG :smt047

Terry.

Iain
30th October 2004, 01:16 PM
I don't like using a ball with a higher number than 4, there aren't many out there anyway but I don't like 'em.... :x

Iain

Onewood
30th October 2004, 08:05 PM
Always tuck my putter cover (twoball) into my belt at the back whilst putting :D

McMw
30th October 2004, 08:09 PM
used to play with "lucky" caps....until they turned out to be no better than the crappy caps...

not much now...just get to the course, and hope to get to a good start...