PDA

View Full Version : Pro Shop - archive sold threads

markTHEblake
4th May 2008, 01:06 PM
Suggestion, when a Thread is finished in the Pro Shop cos the item is sold, move it to a sub forum.

That way someone looking at the Pro Shop can easily see what is for sale.

Bit of work I know, but such moderating can also be delegated to others and in the first instance, retire them all.

would also prevent the need for bump posts :lol:

Courty
4th May 2008, 01:10 PM
Good idea, Blakey. One of the most sensible things you've ever said. :p

Jarro
4th May 2008, 01:52 PM
piss off Blake, i've got enough to do around here with all this spam :roll:

AndyP
4th May 2008, 05:38 PM
People don't even mark their threads as sold half the time, so how can this be done?

markTHEblake
4th May 2008, 06:05 PM
Good point. Most of us do, and I think that the residual effect of doing this will actually prompt people to be more proactive.

I don't think it would much of a management burden i see that other golf forums do this. you can also delegate this to others, it doesnt have to be you. I would think that the people who sell the most stuff, would be the most motivated to keep the pro shop "tidy".

Courty
4th May 2008, 06:21 PM
I nominate Perci. ;)

3oneday
4th May 2008, 06:32 PM
I 2nd that nomination ;)

Webster
4th May 2008, 06:40 PM
pointless

markTHEblake
4th May 2008, 06:44 PM
yeah, Perci cant even type.

Jarro
5th May 2008, 01:06 AM
Perci's pro-shop threads never actually end anyway ... nothing ever really gets sold.

It's the old revolving door scenario ;)

perci
5th May 2008, 06:07 AM
yeah, Perci cant even type.

Because real men don't Type!

3oneday
5th May 2008, 07:59 AM
What if each member just had one thread for their own Pro Shop items, just like everyone only has one WITB... this would halve the number of new threads ?

I know it would affect the ability to go back and look at previous sale prices, but seriously as product gets older it gets cheaper anyway, whether it is new or not ;)

I would rather just have one thread which I can update, much like Scarfie1 used to do. I guess all the forum would require is a new post of "new items added" to bump it to the top.

AndyP
5th May 2008, 08:02 AM
Is it really that untidy anyway? How many current sales do we have going at once?

3oneday, one disadvantage I see in having everything sold in one thread, in addition to looking back at previous sales, is that you won't grab the attention of some buyers with a heading that clearly states what is for sale.

3oneday
5th May 2008, 08:14 AM
grab the attention of some buyers with a heading that clearly states what is for sale.does this happen now ? Not too many state what is inside. You could style it the same as the WITB... 3onedays for sale thread. Percis for sale thread... etc etc. Just a thought.

AndyP
5th May 2008, 08:19 AM
I know, but if I was selling, I'd want the attention of prospective buyers. Not everyone clicks on every for sale thread.

It may work for those that sell plenty of gear though.

Since I don't use the Pro Shop as much as many others, I'd appreciate the input of those that do.

3oneday
5th May 2008, 08:31 AM
It may work for those that sell plenty of gear though.I guess that was what I was aiming at.

markTHEblake
5th May 2008, 05:06 PM
I bought this up, as I have noticed last few months several people have posted Wanted to Buy requests for clubs that I have still listed for sale, and probably others too, albeit old posts they are still available.

It appears obvious, most people dont have a look first, or don't look hard enough.

If the only items listed in the Pro Shop were still available, it makes browsing the items available so much easier.

Jarro
5th May 2008, 05:50 PM
Maybe you should **bump** your wares a bit more Blake :roll:

AndyP
5th May 2008, 08:27 PM
So jarro does extra work because people are too lazy to use the search function?

markTHEblake
5th May 2008, 09:31 PM
I often like to browse everything not just search for something.

also how does one search for 3 wood, searches less than 4 letters dont work

bumping own threads is bad manners.

not sure what you mean by extra work. a change from zero work to some work is not extra

Jarro
6th May 2008, 04:27 AM
bumping own threads is bad manners.

Says who ?? :-s

No wonder you don't sell much of your stuff then.

AndyP
6th May 2008, 10:02 AM
I often like to browse everything not just search for something.
Anyone else do this? I just want to make sure that things aren't changed for one.

also how does one search for 3 wood, searches less than 4 letters dont workTry google.

bumping own threads is bad manners.I haven't been offended by it yet.

not sure what you mean by extra work. a change from zero work to some work is not extraJarro is a valuable resource to this company. The discussion generation from his thought provoking posts is more than enough.

Courty
6th May 2008, 05:43 PM
Anyone else do this?

Yes. Sometimes I have cash burning a hole in my pocket that I need to offload. ;)

markTHEblake
6th May 2008, 05:51 PM
Anyone else do this? I just want to make sure that things aren't changed for one.

who doesnt walk into a golf shop and check almost every club in the shop, even though they have no new stock since yesterday when you last did it :lol:

Says who ?? :-s

not me, but i think it, therefore I dont do it.