PDA

View Full Version : How's your handicap??

jaster
13th May 2004, 07:50 PM
We have the "How's your form" thread, so here is one to show us your handicap :) Let everyone know what your goal handicap is also!

My current handicap is 3.7 which is my all time comeback low 8) Aiming for 2 by the end of the year.

Onewood
13th May 2004, 07:59 PM
Currently 7 neat and looking at 5 :shock: by the end of the year :P

Feeling confident too :D

jaster
13th May 2004, 08:06 PM
Only 1.6 to go for you mate :wink:

goughy
13th May 2004, 08:10 PM
Mine's 13.1. My target is 9 by the end of september, then low enough to make the penants team next year :shock: Why not have lofty goals.

As andyp will attest to after our round on saturday, I may have my work cut out. But I'm gonna get there. Tho I may be ](*,)

jaster
13th May 2004, 08:16 PM
Golf is not a game of perfect 8)

Eag's
13th May 2004, 08:42 PM
My handicap journey starts tomorrow :smt023
Looking forward to seeing what I end up with after all cards are in :-k

AndyP
13th May 2004, 11:23 PM
We have the "How's your form" thread
That's what it is called for now anyway. I'm still waiting for some more votes in the poll before changing it.

Was 15.7 at the start of the calendar year, and would have liked to make A grade, that is 12.4 or less, by the end of the year. Might have been a little greedy considering a new bubs was around the corner, therefore restricting my golfing. :roll:

But for some reason I had a 2.1 jump in April down to 12.7. :? :wink: So now I have got close a lot earlier than expected. Don't think I will change my aim though, I'm not there yet.

Jarro
14th May 2004, 03:25 AM
12.4 at the moment.

Looking for single figures by the end of the year 8)

Courty
14th May 2004, 07:17 AM
As per my sig, I'm currently on 11.4. I have been hovering between 10.5 and 11.8 for around 12 months now. It's starting to annoy me now. I know I have the game to go lower, I just need to be more consistent. So, it is my aim to not only get into single figures by the end of the year but also stay there. I have recently become more motivated about it and have started hitting balls a few times a week. With my new job starting soon (18 hours less a week :D ) I should have more opportunities for more practice and playing...

drunken
14th May 2004, 07:24 AM
22.3 at the moment. After not playing for a number of years I'm trying to get back to where I left off. I was playing off my age at 15 and then didn't play comp for over 4 years. I don't seem to be able to hit the ball quite as well as I used to... :roll:

Courty
14th May 2004, 08:10 AM
After my pizzling 26 points last week, my handicap went out to 9.4.
I'm afraid next comp round could take me out of single figures for the first time in about 15 years...

Welcome to the world of mere mortals :wink:

Golfgirl
14th May 2004, 09:19 AM
My handicap is 27.3 at the moment - it has been hard going on the new course and I slid out to 27.7 before yesterday's round brought me a 0.4 chop. :D

My goal is to get to 18 by the end of the year - unfortunately, I set this goal while still on the Sunshine Coast and playing on an easier course. I'm not sure if I should revise it or not?? What do you think?? :?

One thing is for sure - if I reach 18 on this golf course - then I really will be playing some good golf! :shock:

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 10:00 AM
I've steadily gone out from 3 to 6 in the past couple of years.... My goal is probably somewhere around 9, as I rarely break 80 these days.

Currently, I'm sitting on 5.9. Bloody Gailes haven't sent my past couple of cards (83,80,79) back to City, so it's taking me longer than expected to go out....

markTHEblake
14th May 2004, 12:06 PM
Have been on 4.4 since February. I seem to be able to predict the CCR with amazing accuracy last couple of months. (exception was my hack at Gailes but they dont send cards in)

My Goal for the year is 3. But that has also been the goal for the last 14 years. My lowest ever has been 3.5

Choppa
14th May 2004, 12:23 PM
Just need to get those 5 cards in for my first official handicap in 13 years....

5 cards from Gainsborough sounded so easy.

BrisVegas
14th May 2004, 01:41 PM
Geezuz choppa...just get vegas to sign five cards...you make up the numbers...it's an honesty system here my friend.

I swear I been telling him that for a while now..... :smt115 ](*,)

mike
14th May 2004, 02:45 PM
Currently 12.5 . Was 12.2 a couple of months ago ( all time low )

My goal is 18, makes scoring stableford easier :?

AndyP
14th May 2004, 07:57 PM
My goal is to get to 18 by the end of the year - unfortunately, I set this goal while still on the Sunshine Coast and playing on an easier course. I'm not sure if I should revise it or not?? What do you think?? :?

One thing is for sure - if I reach 18 on this golf course - then I really will be playing some good golf! :shock:

Don't revise your goal. Work harder! :wink:

Currently 12.5 . Was 12.2 a couple of months ago ( all time low )

My goal is 18, makes scoring stableford easier
Nice work, mike.

Golfgirl
14th May 2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks Andy!

I think I can conceivably play this course averaging bogey on each hole - certainly my eclectic says that I can.... :shock: Just have to do it now.... :roll:

McMw
15th May 2004, 01:08 PM
playing like a real hack...so no change from wat's below!!! 8)

Flowergirl
18th May 2004, 01:00 PM
My handicap is currently 22.8. I've been playing for 18 months and I started off 45. Took me 6 months to get off 45!! Have mainly broken my handicap when I play away from my home course. My goal is to break 20 by the end of the year - and I'm confident that I will :lol: :lol:

Good luck Golf girl - that's a pretty big goal you've set yourself - how long have you been playing??

990B Luva
18th May 2004, 04:58 PM
i am if 19.1, hope to get to 12 by dec 31 this year, got my work cut out, ccr @ my home club is between 1 and 4 under par, been playing like crap recently

990B Luva
18th May 2004, 05:57 PM
out to 19.2 shot sq to my hcp but went out 0.1 ccr was 4 under :twisted: not happy

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 06:45 PM
Wow 990B!

Between 1 and 4 under par CCR means that you are gonna have to play your butt off to lose strokes.... :shock: Why is the CCR coming in so low all the time? :?

jaster
18th May 2004, 06:54 PM
Our CCR is the same as par 71...but most times it will 71 or lower...hardly ever higher :( You think it is tough trying to play to 19??? :shock: Try 4 :roll: :P :wink:

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 07:08 PM
Flowergirl - I started playing competition golf in April last year, and they started me on a handicap of 40. It took me 3 months to move off of that, but then I lost a lot of handicap very quickly. :D I am currently stalled on 27/28, but I am adjusting to a new course that is a lot more difficult than my old course. :( I have set myself a pretty big goal - it was set when I was at my old course and losing handicap hand over fist - but I also have mini-milestones to achieve on my way, so I won't get too disheartened. :wink: Oh well - can only give it a go! :D

AndyP
19th May 2004, 04:01 AM
:shock: Why is the CCR coming in so low all the time? :?
Because it is an easy course. :P

I believe 990B is a member at Jindalee. There are only 9 holes, so maybe it helps to have a second crack at a hole, and there are no overly long holes.

goughy
19th May 2004, 04:45 AM
My mates and I used to wander onto jindalee and play a few holes in the arvo after work (away from the clubhouse let's say). Personally I've never seen it as a great course. One of the par 4's I used to have to chip my second from the right side of the green after teeing off with my 3 wood :shock: . What's shocking is I'm not that long a hitter now, and was much shorter back then.

AndyP
19th May 2004, 04:57 AM
H/cap out to 12.8 after my effort at Middle Ridge. Don't think I will redeem myself today at Federal. Now two shots away from A grade.

senecio
22nd May 2004, 10:47 PM
Handed my first handicap card in this morning after re-joining at Carbrook after an 18 month lay off. Shot 78 off the stick (Par 70 until the 12th hole is finished) which I was very happy with considering I didn't have a very good ball stricking day.

Lowest handicap was 7 and my goal is to get back to it before the end of the year.

Ryan

goughy
22nd May 2004, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a good start ryan. :D

senecio
22nd May 2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks Goughy,

I'm not getting too carried away with it. Apart from some tough pin positions the course really did play easy. Perfect weather for it also, not a breath of wind until the last couple of holes.

Ryan

goughy
22nd May 2004, 11:41 PM
Nothing wrong with having the perfect conditions for a round. Unless you want to pad you hc to win a few tourneys. Then only poor play can help you. :wink:

terryand
23rd May 2004, 07:42 AM
Finally off 4 :smt026

Had 36 pts and the coarse was rated at 73,lost .2 to go to 4.4 \:D/

Usual crap though, 5 over on the front with a triple on nine,then par on the back :smt013

Terry.

gazgolf1
23rd May 2004, 08:07 AM
Currently off 8,
which is about what I've been for the last 5 yrs. :roll:

Don't really feel I can score at the moment,seems like I'm always scrambling for par rather than having 20 footers for birdie.
Maybe I'll try that strange thing that I keep hearing about on this forum,
I hope I get the pronounciation right............PRACTICE.......is that how you say it. :wink:

terryand
23rd May 2004, 08:38 AM
PRACTICE [-X

Over rated Gaz :roll:

Terry.

jaster
23rd May 2004, 09:05 AM
Right tezza..... :wink: So going to a certain driving range that is less than 2mins from your house doesn't count as practice then??? :P

Congrats on your handicap reduction by the way :smt023

terryand
23rd May 2004, 09:17 AM
Once every 2 weeks if I'm lucky

Terry.

Golfgirl
23rd May 2004, 09:18 AM
Congrats on the handicap reduction Terry,

mmm.... practice eh? :-k maybe I should try some of that.... :wink:

jaster
23rd May 2004, 09:26 AM
Once every 2 weeks if I'm lucky

Terry.

Do you feel lucky...? :wink:

terryand
23rd May 2004, 11:50 AM
Not atm Jaster with assignments due and uni exams comin up for Jo :cry:

Terry.

goughy
23rd May 2004, 12:44 PM
On ya Terry. sweet hc :smt023

markTHEblake
23rd May 2004, 01:41 PM
I have finally managed to shoot 2 over the CCR, to get the .1 back that i needed to get to 4.5.

in my last 13 round i have played under my handicap once, and over it twice. I reckon I am due for a blinder, but which side of the scales ?

:-)

McMw
24th May 2004, 12:28 AM
another hot stinking day... :x
threw away three shots in my 78 this arvo...one oobs trying to hit the par 4, and a missed 2 footer (maybe less) on the very first hole...

other than that...just hit the ball all over the joint...defn sucked more than it did yesterday...

still...the birdie putt in off the green on the last for a 2 was nice...tho unexpected, and the fact that out of 76 players...I had the only score under 80...

talk about shit-out-of-luck, I didn't win a single prize!!! :roll:

AndyP
25th May 2004, 11:03 PM
12.9 now thanks to my terrible round in Canberra. However, it won't creep out enough to save me in my matchplay at Nambour. :(

Onewood
28th August 2004, 09:51 PM
Andylo, have you got your golf links number up yet 8) I see your name on the list this morning......they gave you a 27 handicap :D welcome to the real golfing community :D

goughy
29th August 2004, 05:12 AM
Welcome to the real world andylo =D>

I know you've been doing lots of work. Now you've got a real target to work towards. Set yourself a goal hc wise and go for it.

AndyP
30th August 2004, 08:44 AM
Andylo, have you got your golf links number up yet 8) I see your name on the list this morning......they gave you a 27 handicap :D welcome to the real golfing community :D

About bloody time. Woohoo! :D Get that link up andylo, so we can keep an eye on your progress. 8)

Jarro
30th August 2004, 08:48 AM
Welcome andylo and damoocow to the real golfing world :smt023

get those Golflink links up here boys

damoocow
30th August 2004, 08:53 PM
OK - and how do I do that ? - don't you realise I have no technical expertise.
damoocow

jaster
31st August 2004, 07:20 AM
Post your golflink and I'll fix it for you ;)

cazandpaul
31st August 2004, 08:47 AM
Jaster, can you do it for us as well? Paul 4070702834 Caz 4070702835

Thanks mate :D

damoocow
31st August 2004, 09:35 AM
thanks jaster - but have just discovered that golflink have no record of my membership at Emerald Lakes - will need to sort this out,
damoocow

damoocow
31st August 2004, 09:52 AM
ok 69 - I THINK I understand - now about your avatar , it is making me feel quite ill.
damoocow

Jarro
31st August 2004, 10:00 AM
ok 69 - - now about your avatar , it is making me feel quite ill.
damoocow

.. me too :x

Fishman Dan
31st August 2004, 10:37 AM
The only recorded version of 'Twisting By The Pool' ;)

Flowergirl
14th October 2004, 12:07 PM
Been a while since this thread was used but I really think it's time for another posting here Amanda :wink:

amanda
14th October 2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks FG! Started the week at 25.2, dropped to 21.6 on Wednesday, dropped to 20.8 today :D

Jarro
14th October 2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks FG! Started the week at 25.2, dropped to 21.6 on Wednesday, dropped to 20.8 today :D

Great work Amanda :D

.. can you tell me your secret :wink:

AndyP
14th October 2004, 03:06 PM
With all of these people improving their h/caps, jarro, yours is looking a little stale. :P :roll:

drunken
14th October 2004, 03:10 PM
With all of these people improving their h/caps, jarro, yours is looking a little stale. :P :roll:

He's only played two comp rounds in the last three months....

Jarro
14th October 2004, 03:41 PM

.. is that a challenge :-s

amanda
14th October 2004, 03:47 PM

I finally learned how to hit and control my pitch/chip shots! I think I may also be playing a little smarter these days - not always flag-hunting.

AndyP
14th October 2004, 03:51 PM

.. is that a challenge :-s
:smt102
Do you think you can take me? :twisted:

Courty
14th October 2004, 04:09 PM
After yesterday's good round, I have dropped to a new all-time lowest handicap of 9.6 (only 0.2 away from single figures!)

Jarro
14th October 2004, 04:32 PM
After yesterday's good round, I have dropped to a new all-time lowest handicap of 9.6 (only 0.2 away from single figures!)

urine sample please :wink: :lol:

Courty
14th October 2004, 05:09 PM

urine sample please :wink: :lol:

I'm sure you've got plenty of body fluid samples already, Rocc... I mean Jarro. :wink:

Moderator!!!!

Onewood
14th October 2004, 05:14 PM

Well done Courty, 8) That new job must be very stress free :wink: :D

drunken
14th October 2004, 05:17 PM
well done guys!!!

I think I'm going to need an improvement in form before Oct 31.

Golfgirl
15th October 2004, 09:11 AM
Congratulations Amanda!!!

That is fantastic news - you are obviously playing some really good golf and have made a breakthrough with your course management! :D

You won't want to play with a chopper like me anymore.... still sitting pretty on 25.7, played twice in the last two months, and don't think I will get more than a couple more games in before next year... :(

Oh well, maybe next year's goal can be 18, and this year's goal can be revised to just "actually play some golf, some how, somewhere..."

Still, enough griping from me - I am so excited for you, and I can't wait to see this good form when I do finally catch up with you for a game. :D

amanda
15th October 2004, 10:15 AM
You won't want to play with a chopper like me anymore.... still sitting pretty on 25.7, played twice in the last two months, and don't think I will get more than a couple more games in before next year... :(

I really don't care about handicaps of playing partners - just the quality of conversation :D How's the house hunting going? Looking forward to finally playing golf with you!

Golfgirl
15th October 2004, 10:35 AM
just the quality of conversation

Don't worry - I can talk... :lol: :lol: :oops:

Choppa
15th October 2004, 02:05 PM
You won't want to play with a chopper like me anymore....

hmmmm :? :)

Eag's
15th October 2004, 05:06 PM
Well done Amanda :smt023 at this rate you will be off single figures in about 6 months 8)

As for myself, I have played bugger all comps over the last few months.
Might have to get a few in before the Champs so I can get rid of that Burglar tag :wink:

AndyP
19th October 2004, 01:40 PM
My Keperra round has pushed me out to 14 (13.5).
I skipped 14 on my way down earlier this year, and only briefly touched it for 6 days in August in between Club Champ rounds.

Not the direction I want my handicap to head in, but now that the matchplay is over, I can concentrate on getting it down.

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 01:43 PM
My Keperra round has pushed me out to 14 (13.5).
I skipped 14 on my way down earlier this year, and only briefly touched it for 6 days in August in between Club Champ rounds.

Not the direction I want my handicap to head in, but now that the matchplay is over, I can concentrate on getting it down.

Good timing to get a shot back for the champs Andy! :wink:

I'm sure you'll get the hcap down again soon enough (probably after the MacLeod Cup 2005!!). You're bag is sorted now, so you can focus on the game itself.

AndyP
19th October 2004, 01:49 PM
Good timing to get a shot back for the champs Andy! :wink:
Not in the clear yet. Still got a comp at Nambour this weekend. 8-[

Iain
19th October 2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks to the ccr being only 69 at Keperra, I only lost 0.3, and my hcp went down to 15.7, so I am still of 16.

But I think I have made a minor discovery this afternoon, to help me hit it a bit better....

All will tell tomorrow, as I have a comp round at Redland Bay. :wink:

Flowergirl
19th October 2004, 04:51 PM
A "discovery"!!!!!!!!!! Well come on - share the secret :wink:
All knowledge MUST be shared with fellow Ozgolfers - thems the rules :twisted:
Not fair - I'm going home now and won't get to learn the secret before I play tomorrow. :roll:

Iain
19th October 2004, 06:27 PM
A "discovery"!!!!!!!!!! Well come on - share the secret :wink:
All knowledge MUST be shared with fellow Ozgolfers - thems the rules :twisted:
Not fair - I'm going home now and won't get to learn the secret before I play tomorrow. :roll:
Sorry FG, I don't think it really is something that applies to everyone, just something in my setup that allows me to hit the ball higher than normal. :wink:

But if you really want to know, I can tell you..... :P

Jarro
19th October 2004, 06:40 PM
still on 12.4 :(

but that's because i haven't been playing many comps of late.. better get my act together and start playing in some, so i can beat my arch enemy AndyP to single figures :P :wink:

only joking APH.

AndyP
19th October 2004, 06:47 PM
Sorry FG, I don't think it really is something that applies to everyone, just something in my setup that allows me to hit the ball higher than normal. :wink:

It thought it might be that. Do you really think that distance is the answer to all your problems? :roll: :razz:

How many settings did you have to try on the R7 before you found the right mix?

Iain
19th October 2004, 07:20 PM

It thought it might be that. Do you really think that distance is the answer to all your problems? :roll: :razz:

How many settings did you have to try on the R7 before you found the right mix?
No, I can hit it plenty long enough, but it also applies to my irons, not just my driver!!! And isn't it easier playing a par 4 with only a 54* wedge in or a par 5 with a 6 iron for your second shot into the green.... :P

I haven't really tried that many weight combinations, just set it on something if I feel like changing it, I don't think there's a lot to it, quite simple, if you want to hit it higher, put more weight in the back, hit it left more weight in the heel. Simple.... I'll do that when hitting it more consistently, which I am starting to do now.... :D

Iain

AndyP
19th October 2004, 07:25 PM
It appears that I misunderstood your comment. I thought your fix was changing the setup in your R7.

That club just isn't right. :smt011

Jarro
19th October 2004, 07:28 PM
It appears that I misunderstood your comment. I thought your fix was changing the setup in your R7.

what's wrong with it :?:

.. besides the crappy OEM speeder :x

Iain
19th October 2004, 07:34 PM

No I meant my posture/setup..... #-o ](*,) [-(

What isn't right with the r7tp??

What are you on about Jarro?? Nothing wrong with the speeder?? :smt023

Iain

AndyP
19th October 2004, 07:40 PM
what's wrong with it

What isn't right with the r7tp??
Changing weights in a club is unnatural. ;)

Jarro
19th October 2004, 07:47 PM
What are you on about Jarro?? Nothing wrong with the speeder?? :smt023

nothing wrong with a REAL speeder.

Eag's
19th October 2004, 08:40 PM
Last time I played with you Iain you were getting it quite high :smt017
Especially with the driver :?:

Courty
19th October 2004, 08:44 PM
Isn't this thread about handicaps :?:
I'm at an all-time low of 9.6.
One good round shy of single figures. :shock:

Iain
19th October 2004, 08:44 PM
Last time I played with you Iain you were getting it quite high :smt017
Especially with the driver :?:
Really?? When was that.... :?: Doesn't sound like me..... :oops:

Eag's
19th October 2004, 08:56 PM
The Holden scramble at Nudgee, you know the day I was splitting the fairways all day :^o :smt016

McMw
19th October 2004, 09:36 PM
my hcp's gone up... woo hoo... :D

Onewood
19th October 2004, 09:41 PM
my hcp's gone up... woo hoo... :D

So you're finally back out to 5 you hack :D

McMw
19th October 2004, 09:54 PM
where did I mention I was a 4???

I'm playing like a 10capper, thank you very much!!! :lol:

Flowergirl
21st October 2004, 06:44 AM

Go Courty, go!!!!! I'm rooting for you mate :wink:
I too need one good round to get me to the teens. You can root for me if you like :wink:

Jarro
21st October 2004, 06:48 PM
I too need one good round to get me to the teens. You can root for me if you like :wink:

:shock:

.. trust me to read this after i've had a few beers :smt016 :smt079

Ducky
21st October 2004, 07:52 PM
Well I am getting pretty keen to have a crack at getting my handicap within the next few weeks.

If it's anything over 8, I will not be a happy golfer.

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Courty
21st October 2004, 09:02 PM

There seems to be a lot of rooting going on around here. :shock: :wink:

Flowergirl
22nd October 2004, 08:10 AM
Well I am getting pretty keen to have a crack at getting my handicap within the next few weeks.

:?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

So Ducky - have you ever had a handicap?? Are you a newish player or on the comeback trail?

Fishman Dan
22nd October 2004, 08:32 AM

What do you normally finish 18 holes with?

I rated myself about 16-18 before i started playing 'proper' golf, and was shocked when i was dished out a 26 handicap. But it's a fair jump from social hacking to having to obey the rules :? :lol:

BrisVegas
22nd October 2004, 11:52 AM

Awesome Mike. Good luck with that last 0.2 !! 8) 8)

Ducky
22nd October 2004, 02:46 PM
So Ducky - have you ever had a handicap?? Are you a newish player or on the comeback trail?
Yeah, I had a handicap as a junior golfer. I played to a 14-16 handicap consistantly, but that was around 4-5 years ago. I haven't shot a round over 81 in the last few months since I have been commiting time to it, so I am playing consistantly to around an 8 handicap, but I could settle for 10 if it came to that. I basically just want to get the figure and start working it down.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

McMw
22nd October 2004, 03:30 PM
is that score(s) of 81 in social round or have you played/shot one of those in a comp round???

I know it may sound like a small deal - but it does make a difference!!! :wink:

Ducky
22nd October 2004, 03:50 PM
Nah, I know what you mean, but they've all been social rounds. I still treat them as seriously as I can, but it's more just a practice session for me to try and bring everything together as I would in tournament conditions. Anyways, time will soon tell!

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Flowergirl
23rd October 2004, 08:09 AM
Best of luck then Ducky. :wink:
Oh I would be rapt if I could say that I haven't hit over 81. But I don't think that day will come. Maybe once I might shoot a flukey round - but that will be it. I'll be happy when i consistantly shoot in the high 80's. Currently 89 - 92 is my norm.

Choppa
25th October 2004, 03:08 PM
Well I have finally got my handicap adjusted. It only took me 3 months to chase up, but the thought of being ostracised at the ozgolf champs for having an incorrect handicap spurred me on. :oops:

Now off 16.6, down from 19.6. :D

I am actually starting to feel like a real golfer now. 8)

AndyP
25th October 2004, 03:18 PM

Woooohooooooooo!!! \:D/

...and I'm happy for you and your handicap improvement too, Choppa. :razz:

markTHEblake
25th October 2004, 05:35 PM
I reckon your fudging your handicap. Even the biggest burglars dont have 20 x .1's in a row.

BrisVegas
25th October 2004, 05:44 PM

I am actually starting to feel like a real golfer now. 8)

I still aint playing you for money... :roll:

BrisVegas
25th October 2004, 05:53 PM
Ok this is SERIOUSLY sad !
Went for the detailed look at Golflink and 1/2/03 at Wolston park is the last time I played inside my handicap.

I was giving you a run for your money mate.... I went from 4.3 (15/11/2002) thru to 6.5 (19/09/2004) in 0.1 increments! That's 22 months for 2.2 shots! :shock: :oops:

Then I went and lost the plot with 38 points at City the other week... doh! :roll:

AndyP
23rd November 2004, 12:01 PM
Hooray! My Northlakes round has finally gone into Golflink.

Reduction from 13.5 to 13.2, the second time I have played off for 14 for only one round before reducing the handicap.

Now, where am I going to find that extra 0.8 reduction? :-k

wavemaker
23rd November 2004, 01:00 PM
eeehaa, got mine the other day, 27, there is only 1 way to go from there!

AndyP
23rd November 2004, 01:16 PM
eeehaa, got mine the other day, 27, there is only 1 way to go from there!
Chuck up you golflink link in your signature, wavey, so we can follow your progress. 8)

wavemaker
23rd November 2004, 01:24 PM
please help this luddite! how t f do you do that.

AndyP
23rd November 2004, 01:40 PM
please help this luddite! how t f do you do that.
Had a feeling this question might follow. Should have supplied you with the info straight off.

Enter the following code, replacing the 4s with your own 10 digit golflink number, into your signature (via profile):

[url=http://www.golflink.com.au/HandicapHistory.aspx?golflink_no=4444444444]Wavema ker's Golflink[/url]
You should be able to copy and paste it.

wavemaker
23rd November 2004, 01:44 PM
thanks andyp, i will have to find out what my golflink no is first.

Jarro
23rd November 2004, 02:28 PM
just went to look at your Golflink page wavemaker .... and this came up :

Invalid GOLF Link Number
The GOLF Link number you have provided is not valid, please enter a valid GOLF Link number and try again.

whats the story :?

wavemaker
23rd November 2004, 02:29 PM
i cant believe i did that without a walkthru. well there it is for all the world to see. however it doesn't show just how bad it really is!!!!!

wavemaker
23rd November 2004, 02:31 PM
just read your post jarro, it did take me a coupla goes. its really hard typing 10 numbers in to a computer when you are old! :D

Jarro
23rd November 2004, 02:33 PM
its really hard typing 10 numbers in to a computer when you are old! :D

i hear ya brother :wink:

AndyP
23rd November 2004, 02:34 PM
Good work, wavey. Now we just need to show you where the shift key is for capitalisation. :razz:

wavemaker
23rd November 2004, 02:48 PM
then i would be able to do things like OLD. why do names come up in bold sometimes?

AndyP
23rd November 2004, 03:07 PM
then i would be able to do things like OLD. why do names come up in bold sometimes?
Because we use

[b]
before the text, and

[/b]
after it.

Or you could use the B button in the reply area on selected text .

Keza_G
23rd November 2004, 03:15 PM
Hey guys & Gals...
Well Jan 2004 I was on 14.... my goal was single figures by June, Made to 9 in March..... have been floating around there and am now on 8.3 exactly.

I wanna get to 5 or less by June next year.....

Give myself plenty of time and lots of chances...

cheers

Keza

wavemaker
23rd November 2004, 03:31 PM
congrats on that Keza-G

damoocow
23rd November 2004, 09:21 PM
Hooray! My Northlakes round has finally gone into Golflink.

great news - for you !
I am still waiting not only for Northlakes to go in but also Keperra on Oct 17 - tired of chasing it all up !

damoocow

AndyP
14th August 2006, 09:02 PM
I know you guys love it when I drag up old threads.....

I had a nice little handicap reduction on Saturday, but here's a question I asked of some of the guys in the chatroom last night.

I played two rounds on Saturday, the reduction from the morning round, and played over my handicap in the arvo. Shame the CCR was 2 under in the morning too.

Here's how golflink processed it (or better yet, check my link):

12/08/2006 Nambour GC Stroke 68 66 68 90 78 12 22 12.1 12.2 OK
12/08/2006 Beerwah Stableford 72 70 70 78 42 12 08 12.2 11.4 OK

Nambour's round got processed first, so my cap went out before going in. What's the big deal you ask.

I'd like to claim 11.3 as an all-time low handicap since the reduction should be first, but golflink disagrees. 11.4 isn't an all-time low for me, as I reached that in June last year.

So, what's the big deal you still ask. Well, it's not really, but I thought it was an interesting discussion point. Your thoughts?

Toolish
14th August 2006, 09:20 PM
Guessing NAmbour got in the system first, and there is no time code for when the round is played...best bet is to break it again this week and guarentee a new low.

goughy
14th August 2006, 09:47 PM
Just bad luck I guess. Personally, I don't think you could have claimed to have been off a new hc at the nambour game 'cause while you know, and could have proven, what your score was in relation to par at beerway earlier, you have no idea what the ccr was going to be.

You'd have to play the entire day off the same hc, and in the end it just comes down to who updated golflink first.

AndyP
14th August 2006, 10:26 PM
But after the fact, can I tell myself that I reached 11.3 and brag about it? If I didn't play the arvo round, then that's where it would be.

Toolish, I plan on reducing it further, unfortunately I don't have any comp rounds for a while. Hmmm, early September, could be in a form slump by then.....

Grunt
14th August 2006, 10:28 PM
My handicap is the guy on the end of the club!

Jarro
15th August 2006, 12:22 AM
AndyP, you should've known this was gonna happen. The old guy we played with (Dick) told us after the round that Golflink wouldn't be updated 'till Monday ... and you would've already known that Nambour would've done theirs on the day.

3oneday
15th August 2006, 04:03 AM
My handicap is the guys on the end of the club!:confused:

Jarro
15th August 2006, 07:23 AM
maybe he's talking about his Holden Scramble team :-s

Grunt
15th August 2006, 07:37 AM
Nope just me!

Matt 3 Jab
15th August 2006, 07:53 AM
0.1 is nothing, dont stress about it, go out, have 40 points again and get down lower.

AndyP
15th August 2006, 10:45 AM
AndyP, you should've known this was gonna happen.
I definitely already knew that it would appear that way in golflink. Just bringing it up for discussion.

I seem to have these little periods each year, where I knock my handicap down a bit. I started off 17 about 5 years ago, and have slowly been working the cap down. Maybe I'll reach single figures in a couple of years time, which will probably still be before Jarro......

Jarro
15th August 2006, 10:53 AM
Maybe I'll reach single figures in a couple of years time, which will probably still be before Jarro......

so do i take that as being a challenge ??? :twisted:

BrisVegas
15th August 2006, 10:58 AM
I started off 17 about 5 years ago, and have slowly been working the cap down. Maybe I'll reach single figures in a couple of years time, which will probably still be before Jarro......

Andy - your iron play, short game and putting is already up to scratch for a single figure hcap. IMO, and my opinion only, you just need to pick up a little confidence with the driver. You hit plenty of fairways when you use the hybrid/rescues etc. but they don't put you down far enough to give your short game a chance to make you some birdies.

AndyP
15th August 2006, 11:23 AM
so do i take that as being a challenge ??? :twisted: Funny thing is jarro, if you go back a couple of pages in this thead, you'll see a similar thing about you reaching single figures.
I could challenge you, but I'm not really going to work on it, or do anything different to what I am doing now. I hope we both get there soon.

Andy - your iron play, short game and putting is already up to scratch for a single figure hcap. IMO, and my opinion only, you just need to pick up a little confidence with the driver. You hit plenty of fairways when you use the hybrid/rescues etc. but they don't put you down far enough to give your short game a chance to make you some birdies. BV, as of the last couple of months, the driver has been getting plenty of time off the tee, and it's been going pretty well, as has the 3 wood. I have been having more birdie opportunities, and I seem to be getting at least one a round now, which is great.
So I'd say your assessment is right on the money, as is indicated by my recent good form.

Fishman Dan
15th August 2006, 12:40 PM
What is it about this forum that makes people want to challenge one-another to handicap 'goals'?

I'm as good as anyone for a measure-off, but some people tend to take things a little too seriously.

Speirsy11
15th August 2006, 02:31 PM
My handicap is the guy on the end of the club!

That makes 2 of us.........I am currently the worst 3 marker in the world.....I seriously am standing on tees thinking "I wonder what direction this is going to go" It is a disgrace......I had been playing really well, but in the last 2 months, it's been a disaster......I'm hoping the trip to Sydney, away from my POS home course and onto some decent tracks will get me back in order, but right now I'll be lucky to break 90 at Kooindah.......

Oh well, such is life right?

pt73
15th August 2006, 04:32 PM
That makes 3 of us ...... I've gone from 2.2 in early Nov 2005 to 4.7 after last weekends disaster when I went out +2 and came home +10. In 30+ competition rounds I've only equaled (twice) or bettered (twice) my handicap 4 times and the two good rounds I reckon were flukes. Looks like my plan in Nov last year to take lessons so I could cut out the awful shots has backfired somewhat .... :-(

PT

goughy
15th August 2006, 07:32 PM
I've twice gone through periods of hard work and started to see rewards. First time was before I first bought the business, was playing 1 round a week, once at the range, one day putting and one day chipping. Dropped from 16 to 11 toot sweet and had several rounds under 10over. Then the business came along.

Second time was with all the work jaster was doing with me. Again, down to 11 again, but again the business gets in the way. I'm now at the point where my swing feels totally unnatural, and have gone from a manageable slice to fighting the strongest of hooks. Give me a fade any day. My hook is destroying my game. Oh well.

Funny thing is I don't think I am far off. But I don't have the ability to feel the positions I am getting myself into. I tend to flip my hands open on the backswing and then back through at impact, and my swing is now very roundhouse. But to me I just can't feel it. Oh well.

AndyP
15th August 2006, 10:00 PM
Doesn't matter goughy, you're still off 11.

McMw
15th August 2006, 11:02 PM
whilst the 3 and 4 marker whinges about their current state of play, I'm sure they are PLENTY of golfers here who would love the fact to be playing off such a low mark, irrespective of how badly they're hitting it atm... :lol:

I learnt a long time to not complain about how bad I've hitting/scoring during a rough/tough patch, coz at the end of the day, there's always someone who wishes they could have your "game"... :D

goughy
16th August 2006, 05:25 AM
Doesn't matter goughy, you're still off 11.

Easy to stay on 11 when you only put in a few cards a year.

AndyP
16th August 2006, 07:13 AM
You're one of those guys who likes to maintain his handicap at a lower level for your ego, aren't you?

BrisWesty
16th August 2006, 07:25 AM
If I could get out and play more than once a (week to fortnight), I don't think I'd have much problem in getting down to (high) single figures. The swing feels fairly repeatable, and generally don't get too deep into trouble.

I just need to hit more greens in regulation and put the ball closer to the hole when I do hit the green. (Thank you Captain Obvious!)

In the meantime, between juggling family, work, church stuff, Mrs BW's weekend scrapbooking business etc, I'm reasonably happy to be playing off 14.

Courty
16th August 2006, 08:25 AM
Repetition and regular play is the key. Last year I went through a patch of several months where I was able to play twice a week every week. (Wednesday & Saturday comps). During that period, I hit the ball better than I ever had before, dropped to an alltime low handicap of 5. The very first week I returned to playing once a week, I was unable to play as consistently as before, and have struggled to go close to my handicap ever since.

senecio
3rd January 2010, 05:36 AM
Finally found a suitable old thread in which to gloat in.

New handicap = 6.0, lowest ever.

Some interesting reading back through this old thread. Interesting to see where people were back in 2004, what their goals were and where they are now.

AndyP
3rd January 2010, 07:50 PM
This thread must have popped up on a search of mine the other day, senecio. Reading back on this page again, it's funny that I've challenged jarro to single figures with no expectation of getting there, yet I've done it and the other has not.

Well done on the drop to 6.

matty
5th January 2010, 12:22 AM
Started playing golf in April 09' after having about 10 games in 20 years but played a fair bit until I was about 15 years old.

Put the cards in for a handicap in April. The average was 23 but was given a starting handicap of 18. Must of been due to a few 'blow-out' holes.

28.4.09 - 18.0
22.5.09 - 15.0
19.8.09 - 13.2
18.9.09 - 13.5
16.10.09 - 13.7
6.11.09 - 11.8
4.12.09 - 10.1
20.12.09 - 10.3
23.12.09 - 9.7
3.1.10 - 8.3 (Current)

My aim by the end of 09 was 12, and by the end of 2010 was single figures but it all came together.

New goal for this year is to be off 7 by end of the year. It's getting a lot harder now. :D

Recently I have found I have been scoring better but don't feel like I am playing that much better, just doing the smaller things better.

adlo
5th January 2010, 12:25 AM
That is ridiculously impressive matty. Well done.

matty
5th January 2010, 12:37 AM
Ta mate. I put it down to 3 things.
1) The 'swing detective' training aid. The sqaure clubface is half the battle.
2) McClean's '8 step swing' book.
3) Using more of the 8 iron, pitching wedge around the green and getting the up and downs.

.....and a fourth - OBSSESSION :lol:

adlo
5th January 2010, 12:45 AM
Ah, the X factor.

Lucasto23
6th April 2010, 12:06 PM
New PB low exact handicap of 9.9, a great round tomorrow can secure my goal of single firgures for this year :)

Eag's
6th April 2010, 01:17 PM
Well done Lucas.

virge666
6th April 2010, 01:27 PM
Well I am the opposite...

I had a handicap of 3.2. My first round after coming back was all good, and since then it has been awful. I went through GolfLink and saw that I did not shoot higher than 78 for pretty much all 2008 and 2009...

Since I have come back, one round of 5 over and the rest in the high 80's. I just cannot hit the golf course . . . I lost 4 balls on Saturday . . . WTF !

Anyway - enough crying, more practice and less work.

3oneday
6th April 2010, 02:00 PM
If all else fails, buy a new driver.

IanO
6th April 2010, 02:07 PM
If all else fails, buy a new driver.
Where do I find one that gets rid of my fade?

3oneday
6th April 2010, 02:24 PM
Pfft, minor detail, just try them all !

3oneday
6th April 2010, 02:25 PM
Ta mate. I put it down to 3 things.
1) The 'swing detective' training aid. The sqaure clubface is half the battle.
2) McClean's '8 step swing' book.
3) Using more of the 8 iron, pitching wedge around the green and getting the up and downs.

.....and a fourth - OBSSESSION :lol:
Matty, quick review on the FT-IZ please mate ?

sms316
6th April 2010, 02:26 PM
3 days away from losing 2 shots in one go. Been a long time since that has happened to me (14 to 12 when I was 13 years old).

3oneday
6th April 2010, 02:29 PM
Isn't Golflink shut til Saturday ?

sms316
6th April 2010, 02:30 PM
9am Friday. Perhaps it should have been advertised in the Pro Shop.

3oneday
6th April 2010, 02:38 PM
9am Friday. Perhaps it should have been advertised in the Pro Shop.
You could be right, half of us don't see your crap dribble informative yet entertaining waffle. You should spread your wings somewhat.

Ferrins
6th April 2010, 04:05 PM
Well done Bubba.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQYQTFudrqc

Lucasto23
6th April 2010, 06:33 PM
thanks mate, glad my speakers don't work :)