PDA

View Full Version : worst oz comedian ?

damoocow
26th October 2004, 09:40 PM
Well I would have had money on Wil Anderson [ I mean how funny can you be when you read your jokes from an autocue?] - but walking past the telly just now and seeing Rove Mcanus and his opening 'joke' I really have to change my mind - to my mind the material these guys are using is the sort of stuff that would appeal to Grannies - lame and without any real merit [much like the panel really] - ah the panel - a parody of the highest order - I wonder if they realise how satirical it really is - but then again satire should be funny , and with a message , which it obviously is lacking on both counts - if there are any worse than these 2 out there I haven't noticed them yet.
damoocow

Bruce
26th October 2004, 09:53 PM
I dislike Wil for a different reason. I hate him because he is an outright c**t. I have never met a more dislikable person.

You are also probably thinking about a small demographic, that being "Comedians with a national TV show." If you had sat through the number of open mike nights or try out afternoons at the Espy that I have, you would be able to think of hundreds of less funny people.

Gabriel R_o s s_ i is up there for me. (I put the spaces in his name as he is a notorious auto-googler). He hasn't written a new joke in about 5 years. He still rates the highlight of his act a parody of Tubthumping. Wasn't that 1996 or something?

Rove is actually quite a nice guy but he is leaning heavily on some writers who may need a freshen up.

goughy
26th October 2004, 10:01 PM
Big fan of Rove. Big fan of the Panel.

OK guys, give me your worst shots!!

damoocow
26th October 2004, 10:09 PM
I assume you are also a big fan of New Idea and other popular and inoffensive womens magazines ?
damoocow

Fishman Dan
26th October 2004, 10:19 PM
I don't mind Wil Anderson, his work with Adam Spencer on JJJ in the morning is gold. Adam's on-air scrabble match vs Andrew Gee - the Australian Idol host this morning was brilliant. Andrew Gee is probably Australia's 2nd greatest Scrabble player behind Derryn Hinch (fact - that's life).

markTHEblake
26th October 2004, 10:24 PM
I think it would be a tossup between Golfer69 and Jarro.

Ducky
27th October 2004, 02:52 AM
LOL

I don't mind Rove.

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
27th October 2004, 04:19 AM
i can't stand that George Smilovic :x

.. saw some footage of him on telly and he was downright embarrasing.

AndyP
27th October 2004, 08:19 AM
I've seen Rove in a live performance and he was the funniest by a long shot over Corinne and Pete.

I guess it's not the same on TV when you have to tone it down, and appeal to the mainstream.

The guys on the Panel were better before they got their big heads. Loved the Late Show though.

Fishman Dan
27th October 2004, 08:23 AM
I can't stand Peter Berner, quasi-comedian and now try-hard breakfast show radio host for a commercial station (2day in Sydney?).

Occasionally the wife slips the clock-radio to that crew - there are about 6 of them in the studio, you have no freakin' idea who is talking?! Needless to say it gets me out of bed because i have to go and eat broken glass to get over it.

Rove - There's plenty funnier. His pre-written stuff on his show and his work at the ARIA's was terrible. Good interview technique though.

Comedy Inc. - truly terrible TV

damoocow
27th October 2004, 10:10 AM
Speaking of The Late Show - was talking to a guy last week who had just bought on ebay all the original episodes of the show [40 I think] - that some guy had transferred from video to dvd - highly illegal I'd reckon - it cost him $200 which I guess is good or bad value depending on your point of view. I really miss 'Graham and tha Colonel'
damoocow

AndyP
27th October 2004, 10:15 AM
Speaking of The Late Show - was talking to a guy last week who had just bought on ebay all the original episodes of the show [40 I think] - that some guy had transferred from video to dvd - highly illegal I'd reckon - it cost him $200 which I guess is good or bad value depending on your point of view. I really miss 'Graham and tha Colonel'

My brother-in-law has most or all of them on tape. Hmmm, maybe I could transfer them to DVD. :-k I could sell them at $180. :wink:

macleod
27th October 2004, 10:30 AM
i'll make a copy of 'the breakfast tapes' if you wnat damo.

it's a CD collection of all the late show guys radio work pre-late show. lots of graham and the colonel, excellent stuff.

hey, id pay $200 for all the episodes on dvd no worries at all. some of the best sketches didn't make it to the best bits... that mate want to copy the dvd and make some money back? ;)

having all the "sh!t scareds" in one place would be handy...

AndyP
27th October 2004, 10:34 AM
i'll make a copy of 'the breakfast tapes' if you wnat damo.

it's a CD collection of all the late show guys radio work pre-late show. lots of graham and the colonel, excellent stuff.

I have the D-Generation "Satanic Sketches" (?) on tape, which is also radio work from the late show and fast forward guys before their TV shows.

macleod
27th October 2004, 10:38 AM
the sacred splayde of damocles....classic stuff.

wans't enough fart jokes listed on the sketches contents list :)

damoocow
27th October 2004, 10:45 AM
Thank you Testiclees 1 and 2 [AP and Macca] - if you are keen to make a copy I'll have one - thanks - do not really know this guy well enough to ask a favour - I will put him on my Xmas card list - he'll be the first one on it ever!
damoocow

AndyP
27th October 2004, 10:49 AM
the sacred splayde of damocles....classic stuff.
"So, have you got to third base with her yet?"
"No, we were too busy having sex"
:lol:

Bruce
27th October 2004, 02:11 PM
My favourite Late Show sketches were "Wayne and Terry's World of XXXXXX"

"Those charges were never proven!"
"50 bucks!"
"You're a very attractive woman Jane, but the words that are coming out of your mouth..."

If you're looking for DVDs then why not try EAGLE AND EVANS. Available now from all good DVD retailers. Featuring sketches written by and appearances by .. Bruce :D

damoocow
27th October 2004, 10:19 PM
Forgot about Eagle and Evans - that show was a shocker - so bad they make Merrick and Rosso look good and they are REAL BAD.
damoocow

markTHEblake
28th October 2004, 12:21 AM
The old Paul Hogan show is out now on DVD. I don't know if it was just coz i was young at the time but I thought he was hiarious back then.

Your not alone. I got the video they released about 6 years ago, but the DVD is at least twice as long. Havent seen it in any DVD hire shops so I can run off a copy yet....

Every now and again i break out the video and the kids really love him. Particularily the Pushbike clip, but they dont appreciate strops magical hangover cure as well as I do.

AndyP
28th October 2004, 09:08 AM
Forgot about Eagle and Evans - that show was a shocker - so bad they make Merrick and Rosso look good and they are REAL BAD.
Who?
What channel were they on and how long ago?

damoocow
28th October 2004, 02:49 PM
Pretty sure Eagle and Evans were/ was on ABC this year - made 8 episodes apparently - I thought it was very unfunny,
damoocow

AndyP
28th October 2004, 03:02 PM
Wasn't there a couple of other short-lived comedies that were on Channel 7 this year?
Amos and Andy?
Some other Comedy Inc type crap as well?

shavey
9th November 2004, 11:57 PM
The Late Show was classic.. old school...

Funny without the egos..

I must get the DVD soon.. has like 4 hours of footage or something..

So many classic moments.. and just the general out-of-character bits..

Priceless...

gazgolf1
10th November 2004, 05:51 AM
Any of the fools on Skithouse are very unfunny. :?

davidp
10th November 2004, 07:51 AM
Give me heavy satire any day...

FrontLine
The Games
Any skits by John Clarke and Bryan Dawes

Fishman Dan
10th November 2004, 08:42 AM
Have we mentioned Merrick and Rosso yet? If so, they deserve another, they are not funny. Get it lads? NOT FUNNY.

As for that TV show - Merrick and Rosso, Unfunny. :roll:

damoocow
10th November 2004, 01:31 PM
Agreed Fishfinger !! - Merrick and Rosso are the worst of the worst - my god they are terrible .
damoocow