PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 28th April 2008

Shaneo
27th April 2008, 09:48 PM
hello for another week guys and girls
i haven't got any rounds under the belt this weekend but we had pennant yesterday.

Played at Victoria G.C.
playing at number 7 (woohoo) not bad playing off 1 and at number 7
played against Waverley G.C today

where do i start????? :-k
f/ways - 7/12
greens - 12/16
birdies - 2
bogeys - 1
up/downs - 3/4
sand saves - 1/1
putts - 27 after 16, greens where lightning downhill and flat, very slow uphill
well first hole 240 meter par 4. easy 3 wood, landed 4 foot short finished about 15 feet and in the fringe. made 4, not happy
fom there though didnt give the guy a chance.
made 2 great up and downs at the next 2 holes to stay square, after that is when i got going.
won the 4th with par, 7th with par, 10th par, 11th with par, lost the 14th after having a par and then halved the 16th for the win 3 & 2.
he won 1 hole all day.

I was 1 under after the 16 with 2 par 5's to finish i didn't play so i'm hoping that i would have had 1, maybe 2 birdies on the last 2 holes.

team won 5 to 2 :smt038

Very Good day, very happy with the way i played, hit the ball as solid as i have all year maybe something to do with the new irons, first round and they have proved to be a great upgrade, money well spent :smt023

P.S - sorry about the long post, i'm just excited :smt038

Flowergirl
27th April 2008, 09:53 PM
You deserve to be excited!!! Well played:smt038

AndyP
27th April 2008, 10:42 PM
Nice win, but how do you know what you are going to score tomorrow? Today's the 27th.

BrisVegas
28th April 2008, 08:03 AM
well played Señor Zorro!

Stoney
28th April 2008, 11:52 AM
Well done mate nice win, it's always good for the team when the anchor man has a solid win to start the day. :)

playing at number 7 (woohoo) not bad playing off 1 and at number 7

It appears that all pennants sides are getting a bit like that these days, I know some of the Div 1 clubs in Brissie have 11 scratch or 1 markers, hard to get a start if you are an average Joe. :(

I played in a side in Toowoomba in the late 90's that had 7 scratch or better players :shock: We won the flag a couple of times :)

mikezone13
28th April 2008, 01:35 PM
And here's my pennant team with a 7 marker as first reserve and big group of 4-5 markers, and we went unbeaten and made the semi's of our division.

Our 7 marker can amke quite a few birdies and pars, just throws in the odd double/triple now and then.

Shaneo
1st May 2008, 06:24 AM
played yesterday at Southern.
Cored Greens, no fun at all for us lower handicapers but for the 15-27 handicaps, they love it.
i was the best placed single figure handicapp with Square (comp was par)

f/ways - 8/14
green - 11/18
bogeys - 4
birdies - 4
putts - 30

Played ' Par ' and end result was ' Square '
had the greens been in normal condition i believe that i would have been at least 4 - 5 shots better.
played to handicap so no damage done.

Flowergirl
1st May 2008, 06:44 AM
Stableford yesterday and I started with a double, double - hey - that's sounds like the beginning of the witches speech from Macbeth:shock: Well I tell ya - it was toil and trouble all day:smt093

For a change my putting was better and saved me a few times but my chipping was woeful!!!!!!!!!!!!

34 points - .1;)

Last day of pennant today. Playing The National at Mornington Golf Club. Today is a real wintery type day - wet and windy and cold cold cold.............here comes winter.

Coffs_Hacker
1st May 2008, 12:30 PM
Single stableford today for 35pts

Been very frustrating scoring wise lately with ok scoring rnds mixed with lots of 1pts and wipes. 8x1pts today. Would be nice to get this out of my game.
7fir
6gir
36putts

Courty
1st May 2008, 04:34 PM
It seems like every club in Australia cored their greens last week. :roll:

poidda
1st May 2008, 04:53 PM

Yeah and a stupid time to core as well isn't it?!?! Coming into winter and all?

Julie
2nd May 2008, 07:27 AM
I won the Ladies Monthly Medal yesterday.:D
I had 69 net, my putter was a really good girl yesterday.:D

Grunt
2nd May 2008, 11:38 AM

Think here in Sydney it was done in March/April. No more till around September/November, i think.

Shaneo
3rd May 2008, 12:52 PM
played southern
monthly medal on cored greens, disgrace.

f/ways - 12/14
greens - 13/18
bogeys - 6
birdies - 3
putts - 33

75 for nett 73.
cored greens aren't any fun, though i know they have to be done.
again this round i could easily been 6 shots better if the greens were of normal condition.
can't wait til they get back to normal speed.
hitting the ball really well though, driving it long and strong and at least giving myself chances to have a good score.

BrisVegas
3rd May 2008, 02:41 PM
nice shooting yet again shaneo. Out of curiosity, what are your yardages for 3 wood & 3 iron? I've got the same 3 wood and love mine. In fact I loved it so much I bought the 18deg as well to plug the gap before the irons.

Shaneo
3rd May 2008, 04:42 PM
nice shooting yet again shaneo. Out of curiosity, what are your yardages for 3 wood & 3 iron? I've got the same 3 wood and love mine. In fact I loved it so much I bought the 18deg as well to plug the gap before the irons.

well i can generally get 250m out of my 3 wood and 200-210m with the 3 iron.
it's rare that i'm stuck inbetween distances for those 2 clubs
if i'm 230 out it just depends on what shot i need/want to hit.
most of the time i'm have a crack but if i'm playing smart i'll lay up

jimandr
3rd May 2008, 04:51 PM
Monthly medal today, with pins in very difficult positions. I always seemed to find myself above the hole when I hit the greens, and in impossible chipping spots when I missed them. So, 84 nett 75 wasn't good, but could've been worse.

Fairways = 9 of 14
Greens in reg = 9 of 18
Putts = 38, 1 birdie, 4 3putts
Up&Down = 1 of 4 (a 30ft putt)
Sand Saves = 0 of 1

Courty
3rd May 2008, 05:12 PM
Monthly Medal here also. I seem to have used up all my good form last week. I had a terrible ball-striking day and never looked like scoring. I didn't hit a green in reg until the 12th hole. :roll:
True to form though, I solved my ball-striking issues on the last hole of the day. :smt108 :smt013

shazza_rs
3rd May 2008, 05:54 PM
Played Nudgee South - Single Stab
----------------------------------
Had 33 points
couple of fairways
couple of greens
couple of putts
shit out of the sand
okay for up and downs

Had 19 then 14. Really faded on the back. Couldn't get into it. I was the lowest marker in the group by 15 shots. Hard to keep focussed when there is such a wait between shots.

jaybam
3rd May 2008, 06:00 PM
Played monthly medal today and was a slow crappy day also waiting on EVERY shot gets bloody annoying. No excuse for bad golf though which is exactly what i played. 83 for a net 77.
6 fairways
7 greens
lots of putts
and oh who really cares lol
always next week :)

BrisWesty
3rd May 2008, 07:03 PM
3rd round of club champs + monthly medal.

Worst round for the year. 92/79. Negatives - 5 bad holes comprising 15 over. Positives - 13 other holes comprising 7 over.

5 fairways, 5 GIR, 34 putts.

Keeps me out of the seeded draw for the final 8 tomorrow!

haysey
3rd May 2008, 07:12 PM
Monthly medal at Cairns today.

90 nett 79

Was 7 over through 15 holes then destroyed some good work with a smooth sextuple, double, double finish:smt013

Eag's
4th May 2008, 02:37 PM
Played Single Stab at Nudgee today.
40 points (3 wipes)
7 Greens
7 Fairways
29 Putts
2 Birdies
9 Pars
4 Bogeys
3 Doubles

Grunt
4th May 2008, 02:56 PM
3 Wipes and still 40 points, guess that is sort of well played Eag's with a couple of blemishes.

3oneday
4th May 2008, 02:57 PM
40 points and 3 wipes !!! **** ! what could have been !!!

Well played Rich !

Jarro
4th May 2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah Eagsy putted the lights out today .... well played mate.

I however, was crap !!

32 points....

....dunno about the stats.

Oh, and i learned a couple of new rude words from Shazza too :shock:

Eag's
4th May 2008, 04:06 PM
40 points and 3 wipes !!! **** ! what could have been !!!

Well played Rich !

Yeah mate but still happy with the result, I scored a few lucky bounces as well ;) I was quite happy with my game tee to green just a few bad bunker shots cost me.

Flowergirl
4th May 2008, 04:39 PM
Played pennant last Thursday in horrible conditions. Cold and wet and windy. The team finished square - and I finished square. One of those games I should have won. We finished up 4th and I had 2 wins, 2 losses and 3 squares which proves I was fighting in the correct weight division!!

9 hole comp today. Started with a triple, birdie, par, par and eneded 1 under my handicap. My driving was good and the short game a bit better. At least it wasn't wet.:mrgreen:

Flowergirl
4th May 2008, 04:41 PM
I won the Ladies Monthly Medal yesterday.:D
I had 69 net, my putter was a really good girl yesterday.:D

Well done julie- Monthly Medal woo hoo.:smt038 What were your scores???

sms316
4th May 2008, 04:58 PM
Even par at Yowani today. 3 birdies, 3 bogeys. A funny sort of day. Timing was out, rhythm was off. But just got it around.

Kind of like jumping your sister really - got the job done, but not really proud of it.

BrisWesty
4th May 2008, 08:03 PM
Last round of club champs - 90/77 - a case of what might have been. Parred the first 4 holes to go 4 under handicap. The sextuple bogey, triple bogey and two double bogeys on the second nine didn't help!

I think I'll have a couple of weeks off!

peter_rs
4th May 2008, 09:55 PM
thanks to eags, jarro and shazza for the game.

eags putted the best I have seen, and was mentally Strong (The way I was dicking around, first time in five rounds driver has been in the bag). Sorry about the Shank Jarro and water Shazza :)

I was just playing up, trying to free things up for my club matchplay tomorrow, sorry if I put you off.

how was the arvo off eags? It was good to have a beer with you after.

29pts 8 wipes ;) and I did nothing right. I do have a nice bruise some how :(

markTHEblake
4th May 2008, 11:35 PM
Last round of club champs - 90/77 - a case of what might have been. !

obviously you need a warm up 18 before you play.

Julie
5th May 2008, 06:51 AM
I think I'm going through a purple patch.:D
I have just brought 3 brand new clubs (Adams Tight Lies, driver, 3wood &5wood). I tried them out on the driving range Saturday afternoon and I wasn't really impressed with them.
I took them out with me yesterday, and they were absolutely fantastic, I just love them.:D
I scored 38 points, but I was beaten on a countback. Oh well, there goes my handicap again.:D
I can't wait to get out there again this afternoon with my new clubs.:D

sms316
5th May 2008, 08:33 AM
If you get any more excited with those new clubs Julie, Russell might end up in the spare room!

Julie
5th May 2008, 10:16 AM
If you get any more excited with those new clubs Julie, Russell might end up in the spare room!

SMS, they would have to win me the Club Champs, to even think of doing that to Russell.:lol::lol::lol:
Or maybe a few more wins.:twisted::D:D

mikezone13
5th May 2008, 05:17 PM
27pts on Sunday with 40 putts... tried new irons and a new putter.. irons worked, putter didn't - fairly simple really.

6/13 fairways
8/18 GIR's
1 hitler ;)
2 penalties (1 when I airmailed a par 5 for 2)

Was just out for a hit and to try the RAC MB's out, felt nice.

Grunt
5th May 2008, 05:20 PM
Hitler? What is that?

Toolish
5th May 2008, 05:50 PM
Hitler? What is that?

2 shots in a bunker

Grunt
5th May 2008, 06:39 PM
Oh ok, you learn something everyday.