PDA

View Full Version : Indooroopilly G.C.

Jarro
26th October 2004, 05:13 PM
just heard on the news that there are plans afoot to sell part of the golf courses to put up residential properties :shock:

apparantely the club is in a bit of financial trouble and need the cash injection to take a bit of the heat off....

.. Terry, have you heard any news of this :?:

Onewood
26th October 2004, 05:18 PM
44 million win fall :shock: why not :D still going to be 36 holes and only $9,000.00 joining fee :shock: get in now before it goes to $20,000.00 :D

gazgolf1
26th October 2004, 05:19 PM
just heard on the news that there are plans afoot to sell part of the golf courses to put up residential properties :shock:

apparantely the club is in a bit of financial trouble and need the cash injection to take a bit of the heat off....

.. Terry, have you heard any news of this :?:

Why do you think they are selling the land?
Everybody at Indro pays $150 a year and they had Terry fooled into paying sh!tloads more,now he's gone and the clubs in deep phillopousis. :roll:

AndyP
26th October 2004, 05:46 PM
If they are selling some land, is this going to compromise the golf course, such that they have a good 18 holes, and a dinky little par 3/4 type course or do they actually have some spare land?

terryand
26th October 2004, 08:52 PM
I have heard about this but not in detail.

There is around 400 acres out there and a lot of unused pockets around the place.

I believe that they are going to have to change some holes around.

We'll see what happens...

Terry.

Jarro
27th October 2004, 03:24 AM
the plans they showed on last nights news showed townhouses built on the riverbank around the perimeter of the existing courses, so if they do that, they should be able to leave the courses as they are.

Moe Norman
9th November 2005, 11:07 PM
well they don't actually 'own' the land that they're offloading. Thats one of the more unfortuante things about Indooropilly. They own the land that the East course is on and the West course is on Leasehold land owned by council.

Mirvac bought out the lease for the entire West course but agreed not to change the course. The condo's etc will be built where the practice facilities are which is a pretty massive area, though I do believe there is a proposal on the table for them to also use the land were Red 5,6 and most of 7 are. Thats a shame as 5 and 7 are great holes, however there is plenty of room elsehwere to make up these three holes and still have a uality 36 hole establishment.

Jarro
10th November 2005, 05:34 AM
how do you know this Moe ??

are you a member there ?

Moe Norman
10th November 2005, 07:48 PM
used to work in the pro shop there and now i work for a developer and one of my collegaues used to work for mirvac and worked on that deal.

gazgolf1
10th November 2005, 07:56 PM
Course is looking mint at the minute....greens look great. 8)

Jarro
10th November 2005, 07:57 PM
Course is looking mint at the minute....greens look great. 8)

thinking about joining mate :wink:

gazgolf1
10th November 2005, 08:41 PM
yeah right :wink:
been delivering there all week.