PDA

View Full Version : Jimandr's new set of sticks.

Jono
25th April 2008, 05:29 PM
Come on .... Fess up Jim. What are they?

You are quietly becoming a Ho, mate. ;)

jimandr
25th April 2008, 06:06 PM
Considering I'd had my Maxfli A10's for almost 7 years, I'm not accepting 'ho status on the basis of this change.

However, I now own Adams A3 Idea irons/hybrids. The reason why I describe them as iron/hybrids is that the lowest number iron is number 6. 19, 22 and 25 degree A3 Boxer hybrids form part of the set.

I was tempted not to accept the sand wedge and negotiate something else from Golf Mart, as the PW is 45, and the SW is 55. But as I was getting a "free" bag, a "free" lesson and a discounted Adams Ovation 3 Wood, I didn't push the guy any further. I'm not really a believer in the merits of name brand wedges anyway.

However, it did mean I needed a gap wedge, so I bought a cheapish ($99) Ben Hogan Riviera 52 degree GW.

If I was a believer in the clubs determining the quality of the play on the course, I'd be selling them, because I'm playing awful.

But if I were a reviewer who made my review on the basis of striking on the practice range, I'd describe them as great clubs. I hit them really well when I've got a repetitive swing groove going, but I'm struggling on the course.

Enough information?

CobraSS
25th April 2008, 06:16 PM
Ho

Grunt
25th April 2008, 06:17 PM
Welcome to Team Adams, Jim.

BrisVegas
25th April 2008, 07:19 PM
if you were a ho, theyd be up for sale already...

PeteyD
25th April 2008, 09:42 PM
So what is replacing these?