PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Test in Nagpur

Fishman Dan
26th October 2004, 04:33 PM
As quick as I am to douse any of Martyn's achievements, he's currently putting the Indian's - and particularly Kumble - to the sword. Every time i flick back to the CricInfo scorecard we've progressed another 20 runs.

Be in trouble if we lose another wicket now, but with Martyn play so well and getting support from Lehmann, fingers crossed we could post a competitive score here.

Apparently Ganguly had a blue with the curator, for creating a pitch that might favour the Aussie quicks... time will tell.

3 for 167 and still counting..

McMw
26th October 2004, 04:35 PM
3/168 is quite fragile...
let's just hope it's no worse than 5for at the end of day's play...

Marto just brought up his halfton... :D
and yes....quit bagging the WA players.... :evil:

Jarro
26th October 2004, 05:06 PM
3 for 200 at the moment.

Boof and Marto are doing it pretty easy so far, slowly taking the Indian attack apart.

man i wouldn't want to be the curator that prepared that pitch .... he'll be hanged for sure :shock: Green grass on an Indian wicket.... unheard of :roll:

Fishman Dan
26th October 2004, 05:39 PM
4/230-somthing.

Looks like Boof succumbed to a hammy. 237 in the 53rd over isn't bad going though!

AndyP
26th October 2004, 05:42 PM
I forgot the cricket was on. #-o

I'll have to tune in for the third session.

Iain
26th October 2004, 06:22 PM
I forgot the cricket was on. #-o

I'll have to tune in for the third session.
Good work Dippy..... :roll: :roll: :shock: :smt020 :smt018 :smt009 :smt011 :smt021

Fishman Dan
26th October 2004, 06:26 PM
Good work Dippy..... :roll: :roll: :shock: :smt020 :smt018 :smt009 :smt011 :smt021
Is this flagrant smiley abuse? There's a message there somewhere..

Listening to the radio here, Boof has a 'definitive tear' - don't exactly know what that means, but it looks like he'll be making way for Ponting after all.

AndyP
26th October 2004, 07:05 PM
Iain sure does love his emoticons.

Martyn just got his century. He is in super form at the moment.
But has he dropped any catches lately? :wink:

Fishman Dan
26th October 2004, 07:10 PM
Sensational 1st day really. They haven't overly struggled, and they're 4/304 with about 20 overs to go in the day.

The Indian's possibly don't want to get a wicket, that would only bring Gilchrist to the crease.. :P

Jarro
27th October 2004, 03:43 AM
7/362 at the close of play last night. Great day for the Aussies , scoring at a rate of just over 4 runs per over.

Clark is still in and is showing great form, he's 73 n.o, but only has the bowlers left to bat with.

should be another interesting days play today :smt023

Jarro
27th October 2004, 01:56 PM
all out for 398.

poor old Clarke missed out on his 2nd ton of the series, ran out of partners #-o

the wicket looks like theres a bit of life in it, i'll bet the Aussie quicks are licking their chops at the moment =P~

AndyP
27th October 2004, 02:21 PM
poor old Clarke missed out on his 2nd ton of the series, ran out of partners #-o

Poor old Clarke! :shock:
You are kidding aren't you?

He got out and denied McGrath his maiden test half-century. He was travelling along nicely. :x :roll:

McMw
27th October 2004, 05:32 PM
Indians are currently 4 for less than 90... :D
great work by DIZ to get the masterblaster out for 8...

Jarro
27th October 2004, 07:46 PM
the Aussies are getting more out of the wicket than the Indian quicks.. probably because they are superior bowlers i suppose :roll:

.. can't help but think that if Harbharjan was playing it might be a little different :?

McMw
27th October 2004, 10:11 PM
think the curator will be looking for a new job soon!!! :wink:

Jarro
28th October 2004, 03:37 AM

.. if the Aussies win this test, i think the curator will be lucky to survive :shock:

Fishman Dan
28th October 2004, 06:51 AM

.. if the Aussies win this test, i think the curator will be lucky to survive :shock:

It's strange, it's like an Aussie curator making a dry, dusty pitch. From what footage i've seen it's like astro-turf for the 22 yards and then back to a dusty surface at each end behind the stumps.

Still doesn't excuse the pathetic gutless performance from the Indians. We score at 4+ per over for 100 overs, they can't manage 2/over?

Anyone care to have a look at the odds before the commencement of the test? :roll:

AndyP
28th October 2004, 07:46 AM

The curator's job is safe. Both sides know the condition of the pitch before the game, and should select their sides appropriately.

The radio mentioned that the curator has some strong backing anyway.

Fishman Dan
28th October 2004, 08:52 AM
The radio mentioned that the curator has some strong backing anyway.

From a local politician. So when he gets hung from a tree, then they'll come after the curator :lol:

3oneday
28th October 2004, 08:57 AM
Maybe it is about time the Indians realised this is why they can't win away from home ?? nuff said.

Fishman Dan
28th October 2004, 11:40 AM
I've just seen McGrath's figures;

20 overs, 12 maidens, 2 for 18.

:shock:

3oneday
28th October 2004, 01:40 PM
A couple gone already, now 7/174. Will they make the follow-on, then, will we enforce it ??? :lol:

AndyP
28th October 2004, 01:47 PM
A couple gone already, now 7/174. Will they make the follow-on, then, will we enforce it ??? :lol:
Now 8 for.

I think making them follow-on would have been worth considering 30 or so runs ago, as it's not your normal Indian pitch.
May as well buildup a big lead now though.

3oneday
28th October 2004, 02:17 PM
All gone 185

Fishman Dan
28th October 2004, 02:18 PM
Rolled. 185 - the Mullet picked up 5.

Think we'll follow-on? Seems to be a bit there for the pace bowlers, but perhaps the burning memory of the last tour will scare them off.

Jarro
28th October 2004, 02:26 PM
I reckon the guys will bat on. no point putting the curry munchers back in yet... put a few more runs on the board and then send 'em in.

That'll put them under pressure 8)

McMw
28th October 2004, 10:20 PM
katich is an IDIOT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jarro
29th October 2004, 04:05 AM
yeah... Katich had a brain-fart :roll: so did Langer, must be because they had a plan to score quickly and have a bit more time to roll the Indian batsman.

Aussies should win comfortably from here 8)

AndyP
29th October 2004, 07:16 AM
That's the same thing as saying "Katich is a Western Australian". :razz:

There's only two things that can save India, rain or yet another Dravid/Laxman miracle.

Fishman Dan
29th October 2004, 07:46 AM

A bit rough there! He'd probably take 99 any other day of the year :roll:

Sounds like he was completely dominating the bowling, should probably have come down the track and pushed the single - as J-Ro said, 'Brain fart'.

I'm heavily onto the Katich bandwagon - top player, pity he had to wait so long to get into the team (I blame Martyn).

McMw
29th October 2004, 09:06 AM
hmmm.....maybe 4 laughing emoticons wasn't enuff.... :roll: :wink:

McMw
29th October 2004, 02:54 PM
Martyn's ALSO an IDIOT!!! :roll: :wink:

AndyP
29th October 2004, 02:59 PM
See my previous post re this topic. :P

He would have to be disappointed at not getting a double.

Bruce
29th October 2004, 03:25 PM
Three tons thrown away in a single test!!!

Clarke, Katich and now Martyn!!

Hopefully they won't kick themselves too long once they clinch the series.

McMw
29th October 2004, 03:39 PM
See my previous post re this topic. :P

He would have to be disappointed at not getting a double.

ya not wrong....I'm dissapointed/P-oed for him too.. :lol:

raised an interesting point tho...who was the last aussie batsman to get tons in both innings of a test???

for some reason, I can only recall Blewett against the English yonks ago (on debut???)....
but I'm pretty sure someone else did it not too long ago....was it S.Waugh???

McMw
29th October 2004, 04:50 PM
wow......perhaps a test win inside 4 days!!!! :shock:

another out for the master blaster in the singles.... :lol:

AndyP
29th October 2004, 07:24 PM
wow......perhaps a test win inside 4 days!!!! :shock:

Let's hope it's over in four days. It will allow the Aussies to work on their golf games. 8) :wink:

What a great performance!