PDA

View Full Version : Hello

BrettM
23rd April 2008, 03:47 PM
Just found this sub forum and thought I should introduce myself.

Living in Port Douglas and am the Superintendent at the Sea Temple Golf and Country Club since December of last year. Haven't played much of late (only 1 time in 4 months) with new course works.

Anyway, enjoy the site. If you are around the Sea Temple be sure to say hi.

Jarro
23rd April 2008, 03:49 PM
Howdy Brett

Toolish
23rd April 2008, 04:01 PM
Brett...I stayed at Sea Temple in October while on honeymoon...unfortunately only 10 holes were open as the other 8 greens were having the grass variety changed. If I head back up that way would definately look to play there again.

Dazza
23rd April 2008, 04:10 PM
Welcome Brett!

Courty
23rd April 2008, 04:12 PM
Hi Brett,

I'm a member at Cairns GC and have played Sea Temple quite a few times, the last of which was in January. We'll have to organise a round sometime.

Iain
23rd April 2008, 04:15 PM
G'day Brett.

just
23rd April 2008, 04:23 PM
Hi Brett!

BrettM
23rd April 2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Toolish: The new greens have come up great, rolling 10-11 at the moment. The owner is very happy and we intend to replace the remainder (another 10) in one hit this October. If you are back, leave it until early next year.

Courty: A round sounds good at some stage. I haven't played Cairns since my junior days, even spent my work experience in the shop there with Brett Wilson. I read another post of yours at some stage where you mentioned Jon Smoko. If you see him again give him my best. I've spent a bit of time playing (and drinking) with Jon during the junior days when we played on the rep team.

Brett.

Julie
23rd April 2008, 05:00 PM
Hi Brett,
I'm in PD as well, and I'm a member at Mossman.
So how cheap can you get a fellow ozgolfer a game.:D:lol::D

Eag's
23rd April 2008, 05:39 PM
Welcome Brett

jaybam
23rd April 2008, 05:45 PM
Welcome to Ozgolf. :)

Courty
23rd April 2008, 05:55 PM
Courty: A round sounds good at some stage. I haven't played Cairns since my junior days, even spent my work experience in the shop there with Brett Wilson. I read another post of yours at some stage where you mentioned Jon Smoko. If you see him again give him my best. I've spent a bit of time playing (and drinking) with Jon during the junior days when we played on the rep team.

How long ago were you in the Pro Shop? I may have even met you before.

I haven't seen Jon since his sister Susie's wedding to Milan. Last I heard he had won the Club Champs at Medway in Melbourne and was considering a move back to Brisbane.

BrettM
23rd April 2008, 08:17 PM
Hi Brett,
I'm in PD as well, and I'm a member at Mossman.
So how cheap can you get a fellow ozgolfer a game.:D:lol::D

Hi Julie,

Let me know when you are out at Sea Temple so we can meet. If you also live in PD (I'm in Solander) we should go for a game some time. Who knows, I've probably seen you at the Club. I have the membership forms from Mossman but haven't handed them in yet. Last time I played there I shot +5 for 27 holes and won the Mossman Open in '93 or '94 (can't remember).

Brett.

AndyP
23rd April 2008, 08:57 PM
Welcome to the forum, Brett. It's nice to see a member join who works in the game too.

Julie
24th April 2008, 05:46 AM
Brett I have only had a few games at the Links/Seatemple (I still call it the links).
I know young Ben who works as a greenkeeper there, I play golf with his mum sometimes.
I had a few lessons with Gary there as well.
Hurry up and get your membership for Mossman in, as Greg (pro shop) will be hanging out to see if he can beat another 5 handicapper.

mike
27th April 2008, 05:19 PM
Hi Brett. Yeah Jon Smolko is a great golfer and a top bloke. He comes back up this way a few times a year. Did you play junior golf with Mick Benjak as well?

That makes 4 FNQ Ozgolfers. We should organise an Ozgolf day. Me and you can hit off the blue markers and Julie and Courty can hit off the reds.

gazgolf1
27th April 2008, 05:34 PM
Welcome Brett. :)

Courty
27th April 2008, 08:32 PM
Me and you can hit off the blue markers and Julie and Courty can hit off the reds.

:smt013

BrettM
28th April 2008, 03:04 PM
Coming into the prime time of the year. I think we should all try and get together somewhere during the winter. Best to start another thread I guess.

I guess then I'll find out what ticks Courty off about teeing off the reds :mrgreen:

Courty
28th April 2008, 03:33 PM
I guess then I'll find out what ticks Courty off about teeing off the reds :mrgreen:

Nothing really, but I'll only be 30m past Mike. :twisted: