PDA

View Full Version : Ozgolf 2004 Most Improved golfer - Amanda

markTHEblake
26th October 2004, 12:13 PM
Still feeling a little generous, so have decided to put up another trophy. No idea what to give to the winner - I feel that if they are most improved then they dont need anything, and should be gratefull to all of us for helping them along :-)

No idea how to determine a winner either. Case by Case I guess from a small voting committee. for eg, A golfer who reduces from 5 to 3 is a bigger improvement than another who went from 25 to 20, unless the 5 marker used to play off 3 before.

Nominations required: Post ( or PM if you are shy) your improved handicap starting from your Ozgolf joining date. (if you forget click member list) and your golf link number.

Winner announce at Ozgolf Championships presentation - the gala event of the year.

AndyP
26th October 2004, 01:30 PM
I'm not going to nominate myself for this one, considering my handicap has gone out since joining OZgolf (12.7 to 13.5), although I did lose 3 shots in the three months beforehand. :smt017

My nomination:
amanda 27.9 to 20.9 -> 25.1% reduction
Consistent improvement throughout the year, and taken a few titles home.
Has had to re-assess goals several times.

Honourable mentions (not necessarily honourable people):
Onewood 7.8 to 6.6 -> 15.4%
Courty 11.3 to 9.6 -> 15.0%
Flowergirl 22.8 to 19.7 -> 13.6% (and lots of wins to go with it)

goughy
27th October 2004, 04:57 PM
I think amanda's is impressive. She'd get my vote so far.

I'm doing ok but have just too many brain explosions. Some of those bad games are shocking.

Jono
28th October 2004, 05:33 PM
I think amanda's is impressive. She'd get my vote so far.

I'm doing ok but have just too many brain explosions. Some of those bad games are shocking.

Amanda's improvement IS impressive. But shouldn't the award go to someone coming to the Ozgolf Champs if it's going to be presented on Sunday?

Onewood
28th October 2004, 05:36 PM
I think Amanda can pick up her trohpy at north lakes :wink: :D Bigger crowd to cheer :D

Jarro
28th October 2004, 05:52 PM
I think Amanda can pick up her trohpy at north lakes :wink: :D Bigger crowd to cheer :D

what a great idea 8)

Amanda gets my vote also, great work mini Wei :wink:

AndyP
28th October 2004, 06:46 PM
But shouldn't the award go to someone coming to the Ozgolf Champs if it's going to be presented on Sunday?
That's a bit harsh. :o

I think Amanda can pick up her trohpy at north lakes
She'll be at Nambour first. :P

Jono
28th October 2004, 07:02 PM
But shouldn't the award go to someone coming to the Ozgolf Champs if it's going to be presented on Sunday?
That's a bit harsh. :o

I think Amanda can pick up her trohpy at north lakes
She'll be at Nambour first. :P

No harshness intended ... :oops: Since this is going to be, to some extent, a subjective award anyway (that is meant to encourage the golfer), I was thinking aloud that we should look for a candidate for the award amongst those attending on Sunday. Anylo springs to mind, for his enthusiasm for everything golf.

Anyway, in terms of handicap reduction, I agree that Amanda is probably the winner, so no objection from me if the award goes to her.

Should we have some more awards while we are at it? :lol:

a) Ho of the Year Award (contenders: Nudgee, Pete, Andylo)
b) Most number of posts Award (Jarro hands down)
c) Last minute withdrawl award or Piker Award (contenders: Fishy, G69)

amanda
29th October 2004, 07:24 AM
Hey Jono - I know you didn't mean to be harsh :)

I hope I don't make an utter idiot of myself at Nambour or North Lakes now 8)

macleod
29th October 2004, 08:29 AM
another vote for amanda,

award to be presented at northlakes for maximum player exposure and gatorade soaking methinks....

AndyP
29th October 2004, 08:51 AM
It's Blakey's award so he will have the final say on the winner and where it will be presented.

macleod
29th October 2004, 08:53 AM
as long as she gets it it's doesn't worry me at all about venue :)

but it will make for a much better mexican wave at northlakes or easier to carry into one of the ponds there....

andylo
29th October 2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks Jono. I feel so warm with your support :D

I would put my vote to Mandy too. She has proven record from the pass year that we all can see she shaved her handicap by a big margin. Although I did shaved my stroke in a round from 120s to recent new low 95 in the pass 11 months but to me it's more like turning from a hacker toward a more likely golfer so to me it's not a real improvement.

But thanks Jono, really really thank you. :D

markTHEblake
29th October 2004, 06:21 PM
The reason the OZgolf champs is the anniversary date for this is because its going to happen every year about this time.

If we have it as at 31/12/2004, then nobody will be present for the acceptance speech.

terryand
29th October 2004, 07:06 PM
The reason the OZgolf champs is the anniversary date for this is because its going to happen every year about this time.

If we have it as at 31/12/2004, then nobody will be present for the acceptance speech.

So does that mean G69 is never going to play :-k :smt102

Terry.

markTHEblake
30th October 2004, 06:29 PM
Although I did shaved my stroke in a round from 120s to recent new low 95 in the pass 11 months but to me it's more like turning from a hacker toward a more likely golfer so to me it's not a real improvement.

Andylo, thats a might improvement but i originally said we would look at handicap improvements..... My guess is that your odds on favourite for next year after you get your first handicap.

amanda
31st October 2004, 04:07 PM
Although I did shaved my stroke in a round from 120s to recent new low 95 in the pass 11 months but to me it's more like turning from a hacker toward a more likely golfer so to me it's not a real improvement.

Andylo, thats a might improvement but i originally said we would look at handicap improvements..... My guess is that your odds on favourite for next year after you get your first handicap.
We'll have to get Andylo into playing comps - there's only 2 games played on his golflink record :shock: But I know that he & Kee get out to play every weekend :wink:

markTHEblake
31st October 2004, 07:50 PM
The Most Improved OZGolfer for 2004 is [drum roll].........

will be announced at the Northlakes Golf day as the contenders for this award are all playing.

Jarro
31st October 2004, 08:26 PM
The Most Improved OZGolfer for 2004 is [drum roll].........

will be announced at the Northlakes Golf day as the contenders for this award are all playing.

.. can you at least tell us who the contenders are :?:

markTHEblake
31st October 2004, 09:05 PM
mate, can we keep the suspense going for another two weeks?
(that should give you enough time to read the other message in this thread.)

amanda
1st November 2004, 10:21 AM
Hmmm - I better start playing well again when I get to sunny Qld!

Jarro
1st November 2004, 10:44 AM
Hmmm - I better start playing well again when I get to sunny Qld!

don't be worried Amanda, i'm playing.. so you'll look good :oops: :wink:

AndyP
14th November 2004, 02:20 PM
I awarded the Most Improved Player of the Year prize yesterday at Northlakes, on behalf of Blakey.

For those of you who weren't there, the winner was amanda. =D> A worthy winner, I am sure you will all agree.
Not only did she reduce her handicap significantly, she set herself goals and reached them.

Well done, Mandy, hope you continue to improve in 2005.

Onewood
14th November 2004, 04:31 PM
http://img109.exs.cx/img109/3241/OzgolfmostImproved2004Amanda.jpg

Congrats on a great year Amanda =D>

Jono
14th November 2004, 06:31 PM
Well done, Amanda. Keep it up and you'll have to give me a few shots next time we play ... :wink:

gazgolf1
14th November 2004, 07:31 PM
Amanda is a worthy winner. =D>

Eags and I were marvelling at her swing all day....great fundamentals and great rhythm,you can tell she puts in a lot of time at the range.
She probably performed the best out of our foursome around the greens too with some nice short irons finishing very close.

You go girl. :smt023

AndyP
14th November 2004, 08:53 PM
Eags and I were marvelling at her swing all day....great fundamentals and great rhythm,you can tell she puts in a lot of time at the range.
She probably performed the best out of our foursome around the greens too with some nice short irons finishing very close.
I'm glad that Amanda finally got some conditions that suited her game, during her holiday.

When you aren't a long hitter, those wet conditions would really make it tough going.

Unless she was saving her best for the big stage.

Fishman Dan
14th November 2004, 10:03 PM
You've had a great year Amanda, you're the envy of all us strugglers. :oops:

But did Courty atleast rate a worthy mention? He's busted into A-grade, beyond his own expectations (not ours though ;)), and last month took off with the Monthly Medal. That's sensational stuff mate.

Onewood
14th November 2004, 10:18 PM
You've had a great year Amanda, you're the envy of all us strugglers. :oops:

But did Courty atleast rate a worthy mention? He's busted into A-grade, beyond his own expectations (not ours though ;)), and last month took off with the Monthly Medal. That's sensational stuff mate.

I think Courty missed out on last year by one month :cry: Monthly medal and single figures all come after the champ's, so he is well on the way to being most improved for 2005 :D

AndyP
14th November 2004, 10:20 PM
Courty did very well.
However, I think he might have won his Monthly Medal about 6 days too late. The period looked at was upto Oct 31, I believe.

Maybe he's a chance for next year.

Jarro
15th November 2004, 04:48 AM
I don't wanna take anything away from Amanda's outstanding year, but i think the big fella from up north would've got my vote as the biggest improver this year 8)

He's been on fire lately :shock:

amanda
15th November 2004, 08:03 AM
Thanks guys! AndyP was right - I struggled playing in the rain for 2 days straight - no roll on the fairways :( I'm glad things came good on Saturday - I was trying to keep up with the big hitters in my group :D

My target for 2005 is to break into the teens - I'm always ambitious!

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 08:15 AM
...However, I think he might have won his Monthly Medal about 6 days too late. The period looked at was upto Oct 31, I believe.

Maybe i missed all of this, but last i remembered there are 2 more months to go in the year? :smt017 Or have we become affiliated with the PGA Tour calender?

I'd like to think that if i have a corker in the Ocean Shores BM on December 31, 2004, that would have counted as a 2004 result. Obviously the key word here being "If" (as well as "2004" ;))

AndyP
15th November 2004, 08:16 AM
Amanda gets my vote also, great work mini Wei :wink:

I don't wanna take anything away from Amanda's outstanding year, but i think the big fella from up north would've got my vote as the biggest improver this year

Do any of your other personalities want to vote as well? :roll:

Fishman Dan
15th November 2004, 08:17 AM
Surely you have to be careful calling people 'Mini Wie' :shock:

AndyP
15th November 2004, 08:19 AM
Maybe i missed all of this, but last i remembered there are 2 more months to go in the year? :smt017 Or have we become affiliated with the PGA Tour calender?

It's all about coinciding with the Championships, so there is the best chance of there being a presentation to the winner. The same with the Player of the Year award.

Perhaps next years should be called the 2004/5 Most Improved Player. :smt102

Trung
15th November 2004, 08:22 AM
Congrats Amanda =D>

Best Wishes for 2005 8)

amanda
15th November 2004, 08:40 AM
Surely you have to be careful calling people 'Mini Wie' :shock:
Hey Fishy - I think Andylo started it - but I don't mind - as long as they have the spelling correct :wink:

andylo
15th November 2004, 08:46 AM
:lol:

BrisVegas
15th November 2004, 08:49 AM
Well done Amanda! :D You're kicking butt! Good luck and hope your improvement continues.

Flowergirl
15th November 2004, 06:37 PM
Just want to add my congratulations to you Amanda. You've done so well this year - keep it up!!!
I think you and I are going to battle it out who can get to the "teens" first. Great to see "the chicks" rule!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Jarro
15th November 2004, 07:50 PM

.. no thanks... we're all way to busy sticking pins in our AndyP doll :twisted: :smt075

Choppa
15th November 2004, 10:58 PM

.. no thanks... we're all way to busy sticking pins in our AndyP doll :twisted: :smt075

oh oh, where do I get one of them :)

AndyP
15th November 2004, 11:35 PM
This jealousy over my current no. 1 position on the money list is quite sickening guys.
Can't you just be happy that a fellow OZgolfer has found a bit of form?

Jarro
16th November 2004, 03:35 AM
This jealousy over my current no. 1 position on the money list is quite sickening guys.
Can't you just be happy that a fellow OZgolfer has found a bit of form?

It's only early days yet Iain....er, .. i mean AndyP :wink:

remember, once you've hit the top position.. it's all downhill from there.

Iain
16th November 2004, 07:07 AM
Do you want me to bring a stepladder so you have a chance to reach the top shorty?? :P

AndyP
16th November 2004, 09:20 AM
Do you want me to bring a stepladder so you have a chance to reach the top shorty?? :P
:lol:

I'm not claiming the title, just enjoying the view from the top while I'm there.

Flowergirl
16th November 2004, 11:39 AM
[quote=AndyP]

Oh yes......an AndyP doll....... :smt049 :smt110 :smt055 Is it a blow-up variety?????
( sorry guys - that was real smutty - but I couldn't resist!! - guess who's bored today!)

AndyP
16th November 2004, 11:47 AM
Oh yes......an AndyP doll....... :smt049 :smt110 :smt055 Is it a blow-up variety?????
If there is enough requests, I'll see if I can get some made up. I believe Jarro has some contacts in that industry.

McMw
16th November 2004, 10:53 PM
Congratulations Amanda... :D