PDA

View Full Version : Titleist 755's

Chris32
21st April 2008, 09:46 AM
Picked up a set of billybaub last week and had a hit on the weekend

Sensational!

It was my first hit for a month due to a wrist injury

I can't believe how forgiving these clubs are! They are allot more forgiving than my Nike Pro Combo OS's I had, and they had a clubhead that was much bigger.

Anyone looking for a decent set of irons with a smaller head and a decent amount of forgivness and feeback, try and have a hit of them, I was really surprised.

So I now have two sets of irons, my 690.cb's and my 755's, both of which are staying for good

BrisVegas
21st April 2008, 10:20 AM
cool. what shafts did you get in them. I demo'd them and loved the shape of the 755's, but couldn't keep the ballflight down with the lightweight stock shafts. I reckon with DG S300's or rifles they'd be a good stick.

Chris32
21st April 2008, 10:34 AM
DG SL R300's. Ballflight is good with them, I haven't played regular shafts for ages but I have been looking for a set since having a hit of my mates MP-30's with R300's in them.

I think having a shaft in my irons where I can swing a little easier will help me a little, as my tempo lately has been poor.

Scottt
21st April 2008, 10:53 AM
I trialled these last yhar when I was looking for new irons. Had extended hits with the 755s, Ping S58s and TM RtTPs.

The S58s were the best feel, but they weren't forgiving. 755s were pretty nice also, but I found the toe (where my off centre hits generally occur) was dead.

For the combo of feel, forgiveness and workability, I couldn't go past the R7s.

Jarro
21st April 2008, 03:09 PM
DG SL R300's. Ballflight is good with them, I haven't played regular shafts for ages but I have been looking for a set since having a hit of my mates MP-30's with R300's in them.

I think having a shaft in my irons where I can swing a little easier will help me a little, as my tempo lately has been poor.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, for the same reason ;)

I'd appreciate it if you could let us know how you get on with this experiment Chris.

Captain Nemo
21st April 2008, 03:18 PM
Chris, interesting to hear, Ive picked up a set with Nippon 970's soft-reg at a great price this flex is way too soft for me.
Iam looking to reshaft with dg superlite's or nippon N.S. PRO 950GH WF - Weight Flow Irons.

Chris32
21st April 2008, 03:57 PM
I'll let you know how they go guys. They are off tomorrow to get the lofts and lies adjusted to my specs, then out to the range for a good workout

After hitting maybe 100 balls last night leads me to believe that the reg shafts will work really well.

I alternated between my 755's, with my 690.cb with PX 5.5's and a spare 690.cb I have with a S300 shaft, all the same spec in terms of loft and lie, and the results from the R300's were encouraging.

Went a bit higher than the PX and S300, what I liked though was I could swing with a nice smooth tempo and get better accuracy with the R300. They felt like butter also!

Distance was similar, it was hard to tell though because the ground is so hard the ball bounces an extra 30m!

Shaneo
21st April 2008, 04:08 PM
the 755's are a nice stick and i was looking at them a while back but i'm glad i didn't buy them coz i now have the new Titleist Z.M forged, get them a couple of days ago.
absolutely the best looking and feeling irons i've hit :smt060
glad they're in my bag :D

Chris32
21st April 2008, 05:14 PM
Yeah I saw them today but they had no demo clubs to try.

Hit the Z blend I think its called, I like my 755's better :)

The AP1's look a bit odd, pretty chunky

billybaub
23rd April 2008, 08:02 AM
good to see you like the sticks. I still have the original tri spec steels that came in them. Terrible shaft compared to the super lite. How do you find those x dry spongy grips on them?

Chris32
23rd April 2008, 09:13 AM
They are OK, I've always played cords so they feel very differant.

I had them off the other day as I had to put some shaft extenders in to get them to my fitted length. I was tempted to throw some new grips on but thought I'd give them a try

So far they are alright, they absorb allot of vibration which helps coming off a wrist injury. Dunno how they will play in the wet

Speaking of grips, a mate of mine is after 10 golf pride your wraps, can you get them at a good price through you work?