Played Bexley GC this morning

32 points
85 Gross
68 Nett Par 64

4/10 Fairways
1/18 GIR
32 putts - 1 3 putt, 5 1 putts
5/17 Up & Downs

Was another day where I thought the score did not really indicate the play. Missed about 8 putts too, could have been way better.

TS
16th April 2008, 04:00 PM
Grant. You & Jono should get together and spend some quality time on the putting green.

jaybam
16th April 2008, 04:01 PM
Took the new irons out for a test drive today. First time out i scratched around for a 6 over 77. 1 over handicap with 35 points. Not bad really but think they will be much better after i pick them up on friday from reshafting. Also having Driver reshafted as well so looking for good improvement. Anyway heres the stats.

13 of 14 fairways
11 of 18 greens
34 putts.

Would have been nice to sink a few more today but pretty happy with the ball striking. I posted in the wrong thread lol so put it in here in the right one :)

Grunt
16th April 2008, 04:17 PM
Grant. You & Jono should get together and spend some quality time on the putting green.

You reckon he would gain something from seeing my putting style.

3oneday
16th April 2008, 05:52 PM
Or you'd both fall about laughing ?

:lol:

Flowergirl
17th April 2008, 05:51 AM
Played par yesterday in our comp. Boy - golf in Autumn in Victoria doesn't get much beter. Perfect golf weather.:D

Square on front nine - +1 on the back. Nothing brilliant but no disasters either. So so close to a hole in 1. The girls in the front group said it just clipped the edge of the hole. It was a mis hit though. How may times do you hear people getting a hole in one on a mis hit.:shock:

Putting was better after putting in two practise sessions this week. I am not a great putter and I practise it the least. Stupid eh?
Pennant at Devil Bend today. Fingers crossed.:mrgreen:

kev
17th April 2008, 08:55 AM
Nice round FG. :smt038 Good luck for today.

Toolish
17th April 2008, 09:21 AM
Putting was better after putting in two practise sessions this week. I am not a great putter and I practise it the least. Stupid eh?
Pennant at Devil Bend today. Fingers crossed.:mrgreen:

People tend to practice our strengths, makes us feel good!

Good luck at pennant.

Flowergirl
17th April 2008, 02:16 PM
Oh my God. Played pennant today - was going along nicely when a migrain hit me like a ton of bricks:shock: Everything had jagged lights flashing and I though I was going to pass out - it was scary. Then I felt like crap - thought I was going to be sick and my head felt like it was going to burst. I kept playing - badly - cos I'm stubborn - then by about the 13th I stated feeling a bit better. I was 5 down with 5 to play and I thought - well I got nothing to lose and played the best golf I have ever played - won the next 5 holes - a birdie and four pars to square the match. Better still the team won - and needed my square to avoid a draw.
So in future I'm just going to play golf like I'm 5 down with 5 to play.;)
Woo hoo.
Going to bed now cos I'm feeling so tired but just wanted to tell you boys cos on the 18th tee I stood there and thought - gee - the boys will be proud of me if I can pull of the draw here. So thanks boys.:smt038

TS
17th April 2008, 02:18 PM
FG. That is a fantastic effect, well done.

Eag's
17th April 2008, 02:19 PM
Oh my God. Played pennant today - was going along nicely when a migrain hit me like a ton of bricks:shock: Everything had jagged lights flashing and I though I was going to pass out - it was scary. Then I felt like crap - thought I was going to be sick and my head felt like it was going to burst. I kept playing - badly - cos I'm stubborn - then by about the 13th I stated feeling a bit better. I was 5 down with 5 to play and I thought - well I got nothing to lose and played the best golf I have ever played - won the next 5 holes - a birdie and four pars to square the match. Better still the team won - and needed my square to avoid a draw.
So in future I'm just going to play golf like I'm 5 down with 5 to play.;)
Woo hoo.
Going to bed now cos I'm feeling so tired but just wanted to tell you boys cos on the 18th tee I stood there and thought - gee - the boys will be proud of me if I can pull of the draw here. So thanks boys.:smt038

Fantastic comback FG :smt038:smt023

Jarro
17th April 2008, 02:21 PM
Great effort Reenie ... truly inspirational :smt038:smt023=D>

jaybam
17th April 2008, 02:24 PM
Great golf and good to see you stuck with it and played it out. Well worth it in the end for victory :)

PeteyD
Almost as good as the Teddy Bears against port last week ;)

AndyP
Wow! That's some comeback. New banner? ;)

Jarro
17th April 2008, 02:25 PM
Wow! That's some comeback. New banner? ;)

Absolutely :smt038

Grunt
17th April 2008, 02:32 PM
Great Comeback.

Shaneo
17th April 2008, 06:12 PM
played at eastwood golf club today

f/ways - 9/14
greens - 14/18
putts - 29 putts
bogeys - 3
birdies - 4

39 points playing off 2, just gone out but hopefully will come back to 1 after that effort.
played pretty good only hit driver 3 times and i'm happy with that coz hitting 3 wood gives me better chances to hit greens and make birdies.

kev
17th April 2008, 07:00 PM
Excellent Reenie - well done on that comeback :smt038 :smt038

Shaneo - nice score, but mate - the driver's there for a reason ;)

Bruce
17th April 2008, 07:05 PM
Played at the fabulous Commonwealth today in Member/Guest today and teamed up with Jack.

4BBB Par and we made a pretty good pair at +10 which should have us in the mix.

I think Jack shot better than par so I'm pleased I was able to get on the card as often as I did. Sunk some really good putts today - I will start having delusions of mediocrity soon.

Flowergirl
17th April 2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I really appreciate it.:mrgreen:
Boy this migraine has really knocked me about though. Still feel pretty crappy.:shock:

Webster
17th April 2008, 09:12 PM
Bruce, glad you enjoyed the day.

+10 should have either won or come second, have a look in tomorrows papers to see. We could have easily shot a few better but no complaints.

4 under par for me today for a nice 68. Best score for quite a while.

Jack.

Sasquatch
17th April 2008, 09:12 PM
I played at Ocean Shores today for the first time. $45 for 18 holes, cart & lunch. Fantastic course with the fastest greens I've ever played on. Loved it!

Flowergirl
17th April 2008, 09:17 PM
Bruce, glad you enjoyed the day.

+10 should have either won or come second, have a look in tomorrows papers to see. We could have easily shot a few better but no complaints.

4 under par for me today for a nice 68. Best score for quite a while.

Jack.

That's pretty good scoring there Jack. Well played:smt038

Grunt
17th April 2008, 09:28 PM
That's pretty good scoring there Jack. Well played:smt038

Pretty good!! that's ****ing excellent.:smt038 Great golf to all who played today. My only wish is that one day I actually play well for 18 holes.:roll:

Flowergirl
17th April 2008, 09:30 PM
I'm not going to praise him too much Grant. Jack might think that I actually like him or something:shock:

Webster
18th April 2008, 06:47 AM
I'm not going to praise him too much Grant. Jack might think that I actually like him or something:shock:

No chance of that.

+12 won the afternoon golf Bruce, I think we finished second.

Bruce
18th April 2008, 07:02 AM
I don't know many blokes who walk in thinking that was the best they could have shot. We definitely had a couple of chances to at least match that. I was pretty happy with my game after not swinging a club since Easter Sunday.

Playing my part while my partner shoots the lights out is also pleasing.

Looking forward to playing again tomorrow!

BrisVegas
18th April 2008, 07:10 AM
well done jack & bruce. oh and Reenie, comeback of the century! great stuff.

Toolish
18th April 2008, 07:36 AM
Good golf all round.

FG, way to tough it out, 1 under for the last 5 is an awesome finish.

Shaneo, 3 wood all day hey...whatever works, I might consider that if I had a 3 wood I could trust!

Jack, 68, heading for another most improved title I guess!

Bruce, nice supporting hand!

Shaneo
18th April 2008, 08:10 AM
Shaneo - nice score, but mate - the driver's there for a reason ;)

i know what you're sayin kev, i haven't had my driver for the last week as i was getting it re-shafted.
gone from a reg to x-stiff, it goes so much further and so much straighter, can't believe it.
don't worry it will be used quite a lot this weekend.

Flowergirl
18th April 2008, 08:59 AM
No chance of that.

+12 won the afternoon golf Bruce, I think we finished second.

Jack - you and I both know that the sexual tension between us is killing us both. Time to fess up.;)

68 is awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

PeteyD
18th April 2008, 09:36 AM
but one off what you'd like Reenie?

Nice shooting all around.

Bruce
18th April 2008, 09:49 AM
68 is a very old joke.

You go down on me and I'll owe you one.

PeteyD
18th April 2008, 09:56 AM
Indeed.

Stoney
18th April 2008, 11:04 AM
Played Friday Comp at Wynnum this morning - Single v Par

Hit some good shots but left quite a few out there, the game is coming along.

Par Round 70 for +3
9 of 18 Greens
6 of 13 Fairways
28 Putts

BrisVegas
18th April 2008, 12:07 PM
stoney - don't you go to work any more ?

Stoney
18th April 2008, 01:15 PM
stoney - don't you go to work any more ?

I don't stop working, I just find time, in work hours to play golf.

Bruce
19th April 2008, 01:43 PM
2 rounds in 3 days :)

Ranfurlie this morning on a perfect autumn day. Turned with 19 points without really doing anything special but then leaked oil all the way home to finish with 32.

The grind of 400m par 4 all running up or down the property did get to me after the 5th or 6th one.

goughy
19th April 2008, 01:51 PM
Played at the fabulous Commonwealth today in Member/Guest today and teamed up with Jack.

Did he wear the hat???

Bruce
19th April 2008, 02:26 PM
No. I would think the hat is mounted on a pedestal in a prominent position within the pool room.

Shaneo
19th April 2008, 03:42 PM
played southern today

f/ways - 12/14
greens - 12/18
putts - 28
bogeys - 3
doubles - 1
birdies - 3

stroke
74 for a nett 73
played crap for 3 holes and paid for it. 4 over for the 3 holes
short game in great shape though, haven't been getting up and down like this for as long as i can remember, very happy.

sms316
19th April 2008, 03:53 PM
1 over around Yowani, which is in shocking condition by the way and the green staff should all be sacked, in a cold windy Canberra special for 36 points.

Played the par 5s 3 over ffs!

jimandr
19th April 2008, 04:59 PM
33 points today in a slightly better than recent times ball striking performance.

Fairways = 6 of 14
Greens in Reg = 5 of 18
Putts = 31, 3 3putts, zero birdies
Up & Down = 5 of 9, incl a chip in
Sand Saves = 1 of 3

Webster
19th April 2008, 05:02 PM
2 rounds in 3 days :)

The grind of 400m par 4 all running up or down the property did get to me after the 5th or 6th one.

Not a fan then Bruce? Is that why you tried to hit me on the 14th?

The hat is in the pool room. It won't be worn. I would hate for the sun to fade Scarfies inscription on the visor.

damoocow
19th April 2008, 05:50 PM
Had 44 points today [with one wipe] at Keperra GC to be top score on the West Course.........23 points front and 21 back...........which was 44/43 for an 87 off the stick - my lowest score at Keperra........just played solid golf - no real big disasters and made conscious effort to play only shots that had a real chance of success - last 3 holes played in 1 over for 9 points....that 25 hcap can finally start to be dismantled........don't know how it works but hoping to lose about 3 shots ?

Jarro
19th April 2008, 05:53 PM
Nice work Moo

Iain
19th April 2008, 05:57 PM
Well done Damo. Lost 2 shots, not quite the 3, but keep playing like that and you'll be in the teens soon.

I played on Wednesday with a couple of guys from work at Bribie. Started ok with 17 points on the front, then just went to water with 8 on the back....

I just can't hit a fairway.... :?

Eag's
19th April 2008, 05:58 PM
Great stuff Damo :smt038:smt023

damoocow
19th April 2008, 06:00 PM
thanks guys - yeah just checked and only lost 2 - but we are on the downward spiral hopefully

jaybam
19th April 2008, 06:09 PM
Wtg Damoocow great shooting. I played today at carbrook in what can only be described as miserable conditions windy, wet and windy again but i was hitting the little white ball around so was fun. Cant give any stats of real imortance as it was a foursome 27 hole comp. Played with a guy id never met before which was always good. We came in .75 over our handicap so not too bad but i wanted more, so played the single stableford comp afterwards. Only thing was i wasnt allowed to participate in the comp because i had allready seen the course. Wasnt too bad and really enjoyed my new clubs they feel so much better. Managed 35 points so was happy. Look forward to playing in fine conditions and seeing what i can shoot. :) Must say though after 45 holes of golf i think im going to bed. Night :)

Grunt
19th April 2008, 06:12 PM
Good play Damoo

damoocow
19th April 2008, 06:16 PM
45 holes JB !! - did you walk them all ? - big effort either way in today's weather....

jaybam
19th April 2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah mate walked the lot. I dont belive that you should use carts on honour board events unless you got a medical certificate although there was a lot of people using carts i still prefer to walk :)

PeteyD
19th April 2008, 06:44 PM
Great shooting Moo. You are a nutcase JB ;)

Eag's
19th April 2008, 06:47 PM
45 Holes!!! Holy shit Batman, my feet hurt just reading that :shock: :smt108

BrisVegas
19th April 2008, 06:48 PM
well played moo. nice to see you start the long overdue hcap plunge.

dc68
19th April 2008, 10:14 PM
Shot 71/66 today to win the monthly chop and the "Dam Cup" which entitles you to ask any member to fill er up until the next medal. I think there was a collective groan when my name was read out as the winner.

Scoot
20th April 2008, 05:10 AM
1 over around Yowani, which is in shocking condition by the way and the green staff should all be sacked, in a cold windy Canberra special for 36 points.

Played the par 5s 3 over ffs!

What was on at Yowani?, why did you play there.

Is it an underwatering issue?

sms316
20th April 2008, 05:28 AM
What was on at Yowani?, why did you play there.

Is it an underwatering issue?

I'm a member there. Just a regular Saturday comp.

Not an underwatering issue, more of a lazy green staff issue. Fairways are too long, so you get the odd flyer lie from the fairway. The whole place just has a general lack of tidyness about it at the moment. If they pulled their collective fingers out for a week, it would be amazing how much better the place could be.

AndyP
20th April 2008, 06:40 AM
Well done, moocow. I hope you can keep the solid golf going to get the handicap under 18.

Courty
20th April 2008, 08:36 AM
For the first time this year I beat my handicap yesterday with 37pts. I played great for 14 holes and had 4 bad ones. I had 20pts with a wipe on the first (back) nine, then was -2 after 4 holes on the front. I then came undone thanks to a bloody rock the size of a tennis ball in the bunker :smt013 which led to a double. I then followed it with another double after attempting to play a partly submerged ball in the edge of a lake. I'm ecstatic that I seem to have turned a corner with my ball-striking, but at the same time I'm frustrated at letting a potentially comp winning score get away.

Tee-shots: 10/14
Greens: 6/18 :?
Putts: 29 (with 2 x 3 putts)

Dazza
20th April 2008, 01:55 PM
Shot 49 today for 9 holes with 16 putts.

Drives were straighter today, still need to work on my short game.

EDIT! Made a few changes on the practice green.... It's game on now!

PeteyD
20th April 2008, 02:11 PM
Nice win DC. Guess you'll be havng the week off work then.

Scottt
20th April 2008, 03:56 PM
Played Bradwell Valley today.

First time I'd ever seen the course. My only prior knowledge was looking at an old NSW Matchplay thread in here with some comments in it.

The course really surprised me. It was in really good nick, greens were true, though not the fastest (they were cored 2 weeks ago). Really enjoyable layout.

The mistake to make is to think all short courses are easy, but it was a decent par 62.

Anyhow, I had 68 (+6) for 41 points. Won the singles ($25 voucher), 18th NTP ($17 voucher) and two balls in the ball comp.

12 greens, 35 putts, 2/6 up and downs.

Should be back to 9.5 now, and I'm playing tomorrow, so could be back to single figures by this time tomorrow.

goughy
20th April 2008, 04:01 PM
Played with shazza and pete today. Still doing my usual by shooting around my hc. 36 points after wiping the first 2 holes.

8 gir, 33 putts, 3 fir. Nothing exciting here!

Shazza and pete were in a 4bbb stroke and had a great score. Shaz lit the course up without looking spectacular but just solid solid solid!!!!! As I said to her, You could shoot 5 shots higher and it could have looked amazing because of all the saving shots. But her game was incredibly solid and consistant. And she left some out there.

I'll let her explain further...

Hope she gets docked something, even in the 4bbb. Stranger things have happened!

And thanks for the drink Dion and Sandra!

shazza_rs
20th April 2008, 04:18 PM
Must be an easy week for golf.... all these good scores.

As goughy said, Pete and i played in the 4BBB Stroke event today at Middle Ridge (Honour Board Event). Pete and i combined for a 61. Par is 72 (mens). We managed to back each other up fairly well today. Neither of us had a bad hole at the same time which was good.

Anyway, I had a 78/66 by myself. My lowest ever score... yay!!!
9/14 Fairways
9/18 Greens
3/9 U&Ds
32 Putts
1xBirdie (chip in)
6xBogeys
11xPars

As goughy said, played pretty consitent tee to green. No sand bunkers either which always helps my score. ;)

Eag's
20th April 2008, 04:44 PM
Great shooting shaz 78 is a top score :smt023
Oh and well done to you as well Pete ;)

Bruce
20th April 2008, 04:45 PM
Nice shootin' Shaz.

kev
20th April 2008, 04:49 PM
Played Rosebud Country Club today.

36 points
36 putts (2 x 1 putt and 2 x 3putts)
7/14 fairways

The 5, 6 and 7 irons were on song for distance, just not for accuracy. First round played with the Feel wedges, and I liked them :) From 100m in, I hit the green every time with them, and they spun the ball nicely. Played 3 bunker shots with the 56 and got it out first time (which is good for me).

jaybam
20th April 2008, 04:53 PM
Great shooting shazza and pete thats a great score. Think i will try and wait out this purple patch your going through shazza before our game but really congrats on the 78 is a bloody fantastic score :)

Jarro
20th April 2008, 04:56 PM
Nice work Shaz

peter_rs
20th April 2008, 05:08 PM
Great shooting shaz 78 is a top score :smt023
Oh and well done to you as well Pete ;)

Thanks eags.

It is not like I played that bad.

91/78
5 fwy
5 GIR
34 putts
2/12 up & down

I counted on the card 5 times and equalled shazza another 6. I had to get a nett bird or eagle to get on. A few times shazza was safe on or just off the green so I pushed bad positions.

I just had a few really bad holes 4x doubles, and hit driver like a .......:smt108

dc68
20th April 2008, 05:14 PM
Nice win DC. Guess you'll be havng the week off work then.

Ta mate, I do have a month to make the most of it though.

goughy
20th April 2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks eags.

It is not like I played that bad.

Especially on the front nine, when shazza was finishing out first and you were scoring the same. 13 times on the card for her could have been less the other way round.

Not detracting from her round! It was just so solid!!!

peter_rs
20th April 2008, 05:44 PM
it was a good round.

goughy
20th April 2008, 05:46 PM
Twas fun! Jasmine had a ball in the cart. I'm still deaf from all the screaming and laughing!!!

And you two were so polite around Jas. I only heard a couple of slipped F words ;)

Scoot
20th April 2008, 07:33 PM
Lost my first game of matchplay (Pennant) today, and lost it well - 5/4. Played terrible.

That makes it 8/1/1 now.

Still, it was a dead rubber and we won anyway... Semi's next week

mikezone13
20th April 2008, 09:09 PM
37 points around Camden Lakeside off the blue tees... hit the ball really well but my short game let me down with two triple bogey wipes from relatively easy bogey positions.

7/14 fairways
10/18 GIRs
33 putts (1x3 putt)
2/9 U&D

2 birds
9 pars
4 bogies
1 double
2 triples :eek: (1 from the middle of the fairway - I hate that)

Highlight of the day was one of my mates in my group nailing his wedge from 90m on the 13th for an eagle 3, he then went on a charge to manage 35pts after a woeful front onine. My other mate won the day with 43pts off a 17 handicap, very very solid golf.

Thankfully the weather held off overall, nice day out and 2 thumbs up to the Lakeside Sausage Cart ;)

Scottt
20th April 2008, 09:40 PM
love the Lakeside Kranskies!

Wierd that Bardwell Valley still hasn't updated Golflink from today... is that odd?

BrisVegas
21st April 2008, 07:19 AM
First round played with the Feel wedges, and I liked them :) From 100m in, I hit the green every time with them, and they spun the ball nicely. Played 3 bunker shots with the 56 and got it out first time (which is good for me).

cool. hope you have a long and happy honeymoon with them. I guess there is something to the Nomad treatment as I noticed those things spun something fierce. Nice compact heads too. Makes my current Cleveland 588's look like table tennis bats!

Flowergirl
21st April 2008, 08:27 AM
Well done moo, Dc, Shaz, Kev, County.......oh and everyone who played so well this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev - I played at the Country Club yesterday too!!!!!!!! Was that you that was hiding in the bushes???? What time did you tee off?

I played stableford yesterday for an honest 37 points. Lost the comp on a countback to a lady off 42 . :shock: Still don't think that anyone should get 3 shots on a hole. I know - sour grapes.:lol:

Dropped back to 16. :smt023

Toolish
21st April 2008, 08:38 AM
I am a bit ashamed to post here amongst all these good scores.

Played the Mildura Open, 36 holes over 2 days.

Saturday
80 (Nett 75)
9 GIR
11/14 FW
32 Putts (2 x 3 putts)
2/7 U/D
1/2 SS

Sunday
84 (Nett 79)
7/14 FW
10 GIR
38 Putts ( 4 x 3 Putts)
2/6 U/D

Game was a discrace for the whole weekend. Driver was all or nothing, either striping it down the middle or missing by 50m! Chipping was shocking, gotta change technique there, hitting it too low with too much spin, more height less spin will be easier to work with. Putting I just could not get the speed all weekend.

Sunday's round was very disappointing. Hit the first 5 FW and greens and was 1 over through 5 due to a 3 putt on the first, but was really happy with how I was hitting it. Then I made a double at the 6th and just mentally lost it.

On the positive side I played with a guy off +1 and saw how it should be done. He was a bit longer than me off the tee, bit his distance control was the big difference, and he chipped a lot better than me for sure!

kev
21st April 2008, 11:48 AM
<snip>
Kev - I played at the Country Club yesterday too!!!!!!!! Was that you that was hiding in the bushes???? What time did you tee off?

I played stableford yesterday for an honest 37 points. Lost the comp on a countback to a lady off 42 . :shock: Still don't think that anyone should get 3 shots on a hole. I know - sour grapes.:lol:

Dropped back to 16. :smt023

Went off at 8am on the West Course. Might have been me in the bushes, and the market garden down the back... :shock:

Well done on the drop in handicap. :smt038

Bruce
21st April 2008, 11:49 AM
There's some green units along the right hand side of the 5th there Toolish. I used to live in one of them.

chappy1970
21st April 2008, 11:51 AM
Stroke 79/89
Out .1

After a great start and some of the best iron play I have had for sometime, a long day in the field due to a mid month stroke round (???????) put pay to a decent score. The round nearly took 5 hours, which is generally unheard of on a Saturday.

Also after turning in some very good putting displays recently I could not buy a putt from 4 ft (missed 6 of them).

There is always next week.

The Diamana I installed in the Sonartec (cheers Rick) worked a treat, which included recovering (from a poor 2 iron off the tee into a gum tree) on the 5th and nailing it gun barrel straight 240 mtrs through the green into the fringe and a 50ft 2 putt for a most unlikely par :).

Just lost it mentally me thinks, a better golfer would have held it together.

Chappy

Toolish
21st April 2008, 12:00 PM
There's some green units along the right hand side of the 5th there Toolish. I used to live in one of them.

Will keep an eye out next time I play there. Know the area though, have put a few balls in yards over that way!

Played with Greg rhodes on Sunday...shot 70 and did it easy.