PDA

View Full Version : Grunt V Coffs Hacker / Jimandr V Chopper - 6th May -Ashlar GC 11:03am

Grunt
16th April 2008, 07:00 AM
Matches planned to be played the 6th May, with Coffs flying down from Coffs in the morning we are a little limited to where we can have the match.

Ashlar GC 11:03am tee off

GAME ON

Results

Grunt -5
Jimandr -6
Coffs Hacker -8
Chopper -8

Coffs_Hacker
16th April 2008, 08:35 AM
I arrive in syd at 9:30 so a tee off of around 11:00 - 11:30 means i can get to pretty much most of these places grunt - besides I'm playing you so its not like i need to warm up or anything like that :mrgreen:

Tuesday Open Days

Ashlar
Bayview
Camden Valley - Jim's home track
Carnarvon
Castlecove
Hurstville
Marrickville
Mona Vale
Northbridge
Palm Beach
Strathfield
Randwick
Rosnay
Wallacia

++ Doesn't have to be a open day unless you are going for the Most improved award as well. Which will open up a lot more places to play

BrisVegas
16th April 2008, 08:51 AM
NSW GC is close to the airport and visitors can get on there on Tuesdays.

jimandr
16th April 2008, 07:28 PM
Strathfield is a good option if it is a proper open day. I have a feeling it may be Veterans Comp only. Although I almost qualify for that category.

Carnarvon is one of the few courses Coffs has already seen with Ozgolfers, so we should show him something else. Marrickville and Randwick are among the worst courses in Sydney.

Otherwise, I think we should go to Ashlar as long as Chopper and Coffs are happy to travel across most of Sydney.

Grunt
16th April 2008, 07:34 PM
Will look into the option of Strathfield, will send them an email.

Grunt
25th April 2008, 08:48 PM
No response to the email for Strathfield, will ring them on Monday. If not Strathfield hows does everyone feel about Ashlar?

Coffs, do you have transport?

Grunt
26th April 2008, 03:51 PM
Rang Strathfield this afternoon, Open Day is not on Tuesdays, Tuesdays are Ladies days.
How does Ashlar sound for everyone?

jimandr
26th April 2008, 04:47 PM
Ashlar is fine by me, but after thinking about the vagaries of Sydney traffic, Wallacia might be almost as good for our two colleagues travelling from the south-east. The M5 saves a lot of time going in that direction.

Grunt
26th April 2008, 05:39 PM
Wallacia is a walk up start too, might be the clincher. Also get to see some of G69's new work.

Coffs_Hacker
26th April 2008, 11:32 PM
Don't mind either way - easy pleased

Grunt
27th April 2008, 06:18 AM
So Jamie are you keen for Wallacia or Ashlar? Both would be about the same distance for you. Tee off at 11

Coffs_Hacker
29th April 2008, 03:36 PM
Have you guys decided where you want to loose yet ?????

Grunt
29th April 2008, 06:37 PM
Was hoping to have answers to this question today?
I can ring around on Thursday and book a time at either Wallacia or Ashlar.

Grunt
1st May 2008, 09:38 AM
Ok guys decision time

Which course? Ashlar or Wallacia
Wallacia

Grunt
1st May 2008, 09:44 AM
Ok guys Course booked for 4 players.

Ashlar Golf Course - Blacktown
Tee off: 11:03

Wallacia is a walk up start, but need to ring them on Tuesday morning to confirm we are coming so they don't close the comp off, as they normally don't have any comp starters after 9:30am. Would be too easy to forget to ring or have them close the comp off before we start.

Grunt
1st May 2008, 03:45 PM
Coffs,

Ashlar has reciprocals with Coffs Harbour Golf Club.

jimandr
1st May 2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks for organising the game Grant.

See you all, at Ashlar, on Tuesday.

Grunt
3rd May 2008, 03:45 AM
Game Day is approaching with a good mix of handicaps in the matches

Grunt - 17 V Coffs Hacker - 12
5 Shot difference

Jimandr - 9 V Chopper - 24
15 Shot difference

Grunt
5th May 2008, 02:20 PM
Game Day is almost upon us, I can't believe the sledging has been so quiet on here.
Guess you all have the outsiders done and dusted to see jimandr & Coffs hacker through to the next round.

Go the underdog!!!

Jarro
5th May 2008, 02:23 PM
I'm getting excited !!

Is it really only one day away ?

3oneday
5th May 2008, 02:26 PM
Go Jim, Go Coffs.

Jarro
5th May 2008, 02:30 PM
Go Jim, Go Coffs.

exactly ;)

Grunt
5th May 2008, 02:37 PM
LOL very funny Jarro.

Coffs_Hacker
5th May 2008, 10:14 PM
I'm getting excited !!

Of course u r mate - its another possible opportunity for someone to loose worse than you and to take down your banner :smt080

goughy
6th May 2008, 05:39 AM
Who said that banner is going anywhere!!! 9 and 8, handshakes at 10 doesn't rhyme.

3oneday
6th May 2008, 01:11 PM
Hmmm, 11.03... Grant should have lost by now ?

:lol:

Jarro
6th May 2008, 01:23 PM

You bitch :p

I think he'll win actually ... he's been telling me a great round is just around the corner ;)

Grunt
6th May 2008, 04:17 PM

I did win :smt110 2 & 1

You bitch :p

I think he'll win actually ... he's been telling me a great round is just around the corner ;)

Was not today, but I was the best of a bad bunch.

To Craig, Jim & Jamie thanks for the game. Was not much good golf in the par event at Ashlar today. -5 being our best score. Craig & I are going to write a book on chipping, "How to Chip like a an idiot". We both left plenty of shots out there around the greens.

Our match was a up and down struggle all day, I think I lost every hole I got shots on bar one. Coffs got to 1up at the first and there it stayed until I lost another at the 3rd to go 2 down. A couple of good holes and I was back to square by the 6th, won the next two to turn 2 up. 10th was a shot hole for me and I found a way to blow it after being in front of the green for 2 and walked off with a 7 :oops:. Good par on the next (11th) got me back to 2 up. 12 was another good hole with me getting to 3 up. Coffs won 13 to get me back to 2 up, I very nearly holed a 20 footer for half. Squared 14, lost 15 & 16 to go into 17 just 1 up and actually looking like snatching defeat from the jaws of Victory. I sliced the tee shot out onto the adjacent fairway. I then hit my shot of the day to get a 7 iron from around 145 out through the trees to the front of the green, we both ended up on the green with similar length putts (8 feet) from opposite parts of the green.
A funny thing then happened, Jim had putted from the other part of the green. He misread it and proceeded to putt it to next to my marker. He would give me the line for the putt to close out the match. Coffs was calling it a set up ;). Jim missed the putt but gave me a good look. I proceeded to hole the putt and put the pressure on Coffs to hole his putt to take it to the 18th hole. Coffs missed the putt and that was it.

TS
6th May 2008, 04:22 PM
Grant. Well done mate.

Coffs. Better luck next time.

jaybam
6th May 2008, 04:24 PM
yup congrats and well played :)

Jarro
6th May 2008, 04:30 PM
Congrats Grant

Eag's
6th May 2008, 04:37 PM
Nice win Grant

jimandr
6th May 2008, 05:18 PM
I note that Grant didn't steal my thunder by announcing the result of my match.

I live again after beating Chopper 4&3 in a very low quality match.

Chopper lived up to his name by playing poorly, and I wasn't much better.

I was always in front after being two up after 2. My lowlight was hitting a horrible shank on the fifth, but still winning the hole with a classy double bogey 7. That was the standard of golf we were playing.

I did hit a great hybrid from 180m to 6 feet on 15 to close out the match, but naturally missed the putt.

I was more entertained by the Grunt/Coffs epic. i've never seen so many duffed/skulled chip shots (sometimes one of each on some holes) from guys who just needed to get up and down in 3 to win the hole. They squared the 6th in quadruple bogey 8's.

I was also impressed by their sledging, sometimes at each other, but more commonly at themselves. Both guys were tempted to concede holes at various points, only to see the other player mess up their next shot or shots.

Message to Grunt's next opponent: never concede a hole, even if you've hit one out of bounds.

Chopper
6th May 2008, 09:41 PM
Chopper lived up to his name by playing poorly, and I wasn't much better.

Thanks to Jim for the game. I played like a busted **** and if I had a chainsaw in my bag there would not be a single tree left standing out there.:mrgreen: Come to think of it, a few may have sustained structual damage and may fall at any moment.

On a positive note I think I had one par to highlight my day.:lol:

Coffs_Hacker
7th May 2008, 08:03 AM
what can i say - i sucked more than a 2dolla hooker

Congrats grant on being not quite as bad as me :)

Thanks for the game jim, grant and jamie.