PDA

View Full Version : Callaway Hyper X

Scottt
14th April 2008, 07:34 PM
Holy mother of god.

I hit it at Powergolf today against a Burner and Sasquatch and it was longer and straighter than both (for me).

Just amazing feel, could still work it a bit but long and straight all day.

Consistantly 225-235 with dispersion of 10-15m either way for the most part.

I'm going to head back and hit it against my Nike Forged Ti 350 later in the week, but at this stage I don't need much more convincing that it's worth the $320 price tag!

chrisal
14th April 2008, 10:52 PM
I have an X460 which was the predecessor and it's a log stick for sure. Sits really nice and stable behind the ball, a real point and shoot no nonsence driver - the only thing lacking was a bit of feel on on-centre hits but that seems to be the same on all 460 cc drivers that I've tried. Get fit with the right shaft and loft and you're in business...

TS
14th April 2008, 11:01 PM
Scott.

Jono got a Hyper X, I had couple of hit with it on sat. I find the Sumo a bit straighter and a bit longer for me.

Be careful with the simulator at Powergolf. Bought couple of drivers base on the reading of that sim in the past. But the result is not as good out on the course.

gazgolf1
15th April 2008, 04:38 AM
Had one of these but liked the launch angle I get from my G10 more,nice bat though,big sweetspot.

Scottt
15th April 2008, 07:39 AM
Scott.

Jono got a Hyper X, I had couple of hit with it on sat. I find the Sumo a bit straighter and a bit longer for me.

Be careful with the simulator at Powergolf. Bought couple of drivers base on the reading of that sim in the past. But the result is not as good out on the course.

I thought that might be the case so I enquired about taking the demo out to the course for a hit. They said that would be fine.

So I'll go back and try all the shaft combos and take whatever feels best out for a hit on the course.