PDA

View Full Version : Men and alcohol

suliman
14th April 2008, 01:57 PM
***NOTE: THIS POST HAS BEEN APPROVED BY OZGOLF FORUM ADMINISTRATION***

Greetings all,

I am a Masters student in Clinical Psychology and am seeking male participants to take part in an online research study. My research is looking at men's attitudes towards masculinity and their alcohol consumption patterns.

If you are interested in participating and are male and aged 18 or over, please access the research questionnaire below where you will be asked to anonymously record your responses to questions/statements about your attitudes towards the male role in Australian society today and various aspects of your drinking behaviour. It should only take 10-15 mins to finish the survey.

A lot of the men who have already participated have let me know that participation was helpful in seeing where they were at with their drinking (something we don't think about or like to think about), and what they thought about how a man should/shouldn't act today. So in other words most guys have got something out of it.

If you have any questions or want to give me feedback, you can contact me by PM or via email, or respond on the board and I'll get back to you. Just to confirm, I have sought and gained permission of the Administrators (some of whom have already participated) before putting up this post, so it is in no way dodgy or spam.

The link to the survey is:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=5Gn5PUzzETjICba5_2bcXblQ_3d_3d

Thanks in advance for your interest.

AndyP
14th April 2008, 02:02 PM
***NOTE: THIS POST HAS BEEN APPROVED BY OZGOLF FORUM ADMINISTRATION***Confirmed.

I tried to be honest with my answers, but I have just had a recent readjustment in thinking for alcohol consumption, so it was hard for some questions to answer what I have just started doing when I was doing something else not long ago.

3oneday
14th April 2008, 02:56 PM
You have a drinking problem AP ?

Grunt
14th April 2008, 02:59 PM
Did it just now while having a beer.

Jarro
14th April 2008, 03:02 PM
I might take the test when i sober up

;)

Bruce
14th April 2008, 03:07 PM
Some of the questions were rather loaded.

eg. I'm pissed off *anyone* beats me - let alone a woman.

AndyP
14th April 2008, 03:11 PM
You have a drinking problem AP ?It's all relative to what you would consider a problem. A GP will tell you that five standard drinks is considered binge drinking.

I was drinking more (in amount and frequency) than I thought I should be.

Scottt
14th April 2008, 03:54 PM
bit of a waste of time. The researcher clearly has an end he wishes to meet.

BrisWesty
14th April 2008, 04:00 PM
Might have just been me but it seemed more like an attitude towards homosexuality survey than an alcohol survey (not that there's anything wrong with that harrumph, harrumph). ;-).

kev
14th April 2008, 04:03 PM
<snip> participants should be aware that although stringent security measures such as data encryption are being put in place </snip>

Data encryption where? On the stored results? As it's not during transmission...

<snip> If you are willing to participate please read the following consent forms </snip>

No consent forms following (or perhaps I missed something)

Please indicate your approximate personal income per annum including all sources.

Need an option for those not wishing to divulge.

AndyP
14th April 2008, 04:19 PM
Might have just been me but it seemed more like an attitude towards homosexuality survey than an alcohol survey (not that there's anything wrong with that harrumph, harrumph). ;-).It's masculinity and alcohol, not just booze.

I think the questions get repetitive, but that's always the case with these surveys so the results are accurate for each topic.

jaybam
14th April 2008, 04:23 PM
I couldnt answer some of the questions as there was no relevant answers for a recovering alcoholic :( Did find a lot of homosexual questions though ???

poidda
14th April 2008, 04:34 PM
I got bored and quit. There wasn't an option for "Stupid Question" which I required plenty of times.

Flowergirl
14th April 2008, 05:19 PM
I tried to take the test but didn't want to know me cos I was a female.
Then I looked at the quiz and was glad that I was female.:shock:

suliman
14th April 2008, 07:40 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone for their participation and feedback so far. I've had a really great response from the members and I appreciate you giving some of your time to fill out the questionnaire where self knowledge is probably the only payoff. Some of the feedback you have provided has been very helpful. Where you ask a question on the board or a response to your comments is warranted, I've sent you a PM rather than post on the board. Thanks again and cheers.

markTHEblake
14th April 2008, 08:15 PM
thanks for letting us in on your survey, let us know the results.
(maybe you could have tried to segment the ozgolfers seperately, as there are a few poofs here)