PDA

View Full Version : McLeod Golf Club - Inside Word!

golfnugget76
9th April 2008, 05:13 PM
I see that many of you guys are playing in the McLeod Cup on Saturday. So am I - I am a member there!

You will notice a couple of changes since you played there last year. I wanted to give you the 'heads up' on the internal OOB down the left hand side of the 4th fairway (slight dog leg left). The club is trying to protect itself against law suits and has hence changed the dynamics of this hole :evil: . To aviod the water on the right, my advice is hit a 3 wood!

Play well - the course is very green after recent rain. I hope they speed the greens up for saturday! Hopefully another ozgolfer can walk away with the trophy! It won't be me! Enjoy!:D

AndyP
9th April 2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks nugg. Rusty and I played there a few weeks ago and noticed it. It really has stuffed up the hole.

What time are you playing?

golfnugget76
9th April 2008, 06:15 PM
7:30 off the 10th tee.

AndyP
9th April 2008, 06:16 PM
I'm sure there will be several of us around then, so come and say hello before or after.

Moe Norman
9th April 2008, 06:31 PM
I see that many of you guys are playing in the McLeod Cup on Saturday. So am I - I am a member there!

You will notice a couple of changes since you played there last year. I wanted to give you the 'heads up' on the internal OOB down the left hand side of the 4th fairway (slight dog leg left). The club is trying to protect itself against law suits and has hence changed the dynamics of this hole :evil: . To aviod the water on the right, my advice is hit a 3 wood!

Play well - the course is very green after recent rain. I hope they speed the greens up for saturday! Hopefully another ozgolfer can walk away with the trophy! It won't be me! Enjoy!:D

So you're a woman then?

goughy
9th April 2008, 06:42 PM
Not another one of those chick/dude?? threads!

markTHEblake
9th April 2008, 06:58 PM
I wanted to give you the 'heads up' on the internal OOB down the left hand side of the 4th fairway (slight dog leg left).

is that the hole with the huge screen on the LHS of tee.

There always was OB to the left i thought, as there are houses there. Or do you mean its just a bit closer in?

AndyP
9th April 2008, 07:13 PM
is that the hole with the huge screen on the LHS of tee.

There always was OB to the left i thought, as there are houses there. Or do you mean its just a bit closer in?
Yep, the OOB line is now the treeline. :mad:

golfnugget76
9th April 2008, 07:25 PM
Alright! I'm an associate member, but don't hold that against me! It's local!

golfnugget76
9th April 2008, 07:26 PM
OOB really cuts in to the tree line and rough. It would really p!ss you off if you weren't aware of it.

Jarro
9th April 2008, 07:40 PM
Seems a bit silly doesn't it ?

Surely the fence-line would have been adequate ?

Moe Norman
9th April 2008, 08:00 PM
Alright! I'm an associate member, but don't hold that against me! It's local!
I believe they're called 'fellows' :smt038

goughy
9th April 2008, 08:01 PM
Is that like 'Well see here, mine fine fellow!'?

AndyP
9th April 2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/andyp/McLeod4.jpg

It's ridiculous. The best line for the hole is to hug the left side or put some draw on it. Who's going to be keen to do this now with OOB stakes there?

Those houses are well back in my opinion. Obviously the screen and trees weren't a big enough buffer for the residents. :roll:

markTHEblake
9th April 2008, 08:14 PM
dunno how anyone could hug that left side AP, too many branches and screen in the way.

Regardless I cant imagine its possible to hit those houses in the first place - only a pull hook could go that far left and the trees would stop it.

Bloody insurance companies.

Moe Norman
9th April 2008, 08:22 PM
remove the front right bunker to the green and it becomes a nice strategic play.

golfnugget76
9th April 2008, 08:38 PM
Will do!

golfnugget76
9th April 2008, 08:39 PM
Your right! You know more about than i do!

golfnugget76
9th April 2008, 08:42 PM
The OOB on the left stops about 230m from the tee. Another option is to draw a driver around the corner - if your long enough you can be in the trees but still in play.

PeteyD
10th April 2008, 07:18 AM
Is that the hole with a lookout thing cos it goes over a hill?

AndyP
10th April 2008, 07:22 AM
That's the one, Petey.

Being downhill, I guess a 230m drive to get past the OOB markers isn't too much of a stretch.
Last time I pulled the T-shot and hit the trees and it popped out in bounds.

golfnugget76
10th April 2008, 11:00 AM
that's the one!