PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Dunes - Port Stephens

Grunt
9th April 2008, 04:20 PM
After playing it for a 2nd time last weekend I thought I would add it in here to see comments from others that have played it. I like it, but it is really a course of 2 totally different nines, tree lined front nine and water surrounded back nine.

It is already up for changes, The developer lost out to council with the development of some land across the road from the course. Changes planned are 4 more holes across road and 4 holes of the back nine to close. Clubhouse was to be built near the current 1st hole but that has now been built as a community centre. New Clubhouse will be at the new holes on the right hand side of the road as you drive up from Williamtown.

Scottt
9th April 2008, 04:32 PM
sounds like a good way to fvck up a perfectly good course. When a course is integrated with housing, the course almost always ends up being a shit version of what it was/could have been.

Gold Creek is a great example. The houses have ruined the ambiance of the place. The developers of Horizons really ought to be congratulated for keeping the course as the primary concern, with the houses and units encroaching very little on the course.

Are the four holes that will close among the best on the course?

Grunt
9th April 2008, 04:37 PM
Not sure the guy I spoke with did not know which holes were to close. The 18th will become a tough hole to have played midround.