PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Made TP balls

Webster
3rd April 2008, 03:38 PM
Anyone use them? What are they like? One of the golf shops down here has them discounted at $49 a box for both the Red and Black. Any real difference between the red and black?

kpac
3rd April 2008, 03:44 PM
very different i hope because the red ones are bloody solid! the blacks are reportedly alright.... wouldn't get the reds though!

Webster
3rd April 2008, 03:47 PM
The bloke in the shop reckons the only difference between the red and black is that the red are lower trajectory.

moree golfer
3rd April 2008, 03:48 PM
Is that $9 per dozen?? If that's the case would you send me a couple of boxes of Black? I presume that is per sleeve of 3.

I have used the black version quite a bit and find it similar to a V1 in feel off the tee, maybe a touch firmer with a wedge. I quite like it.

Webster
3rd April 2008, 03:49 PM
Sorry, $49 a dozen.

Jarro
3rd April 2008, 04:43 PM
All depends if you're gonna hit them with a forged iron or a cast iron jack

mikezone13
3rd April 2008, 05:31 PM
I like them myself... although I got my hands on one of the new TP Red LDP balls (that's the reason the old TP's are so cheap now) and it was even mroe duable than the original TP reds and blacks.

I've used both TP Red and Black in the orginal and haven't really found too much of a 'noticeable' difference between them. Neither of them spin as much as a ProV or ProV1x, but they're definitely my second preference for ball behind the Tittys

Courty
3rd April 2008, 05:51 PM
All depends if you're gonna hit them with a forged iron or a cast iron jack

:lol:

Seriously though, I've tried them and wasn't impressed. I think the Blacks were harder than the reds, but don't quote me on that. However that was when they were at ProV1 prices. They'd be one of the better balls in the $40-50 price range.

3oneday
3rd April 2008, 10:02 PM
Reds are the Pro V equivalent and Black is the V1x equivalent, supposedly.

Very different pills if that is the case, nice salesmanship though :)

Flowergirl
4th April 2008, 12:34 PM
I found that the scuff up pretty quickly and turn a dirty colour after one or two rounds. Don't have the spin of the pro V's. I got 4 dox free when I bought my clubs - but I wouldn't use them if I had to buy them.

swanny
5th April 2008, 12:20 AM
Drummond had the reds 2 dozen for $40 a couple of weels ago im using the reds now and there ok

Webster
5th April 2008, 01:09 PM
Drummond had the reds 2 dozen for $40 a couple of weels ago im using the reds now and there ok

You are confusing the normal crap Taylor Made balls with the TP's we are talking about here mate.

I used a TP red this morning and found it pretty good. I will be getting some more.

Boonie
7th April 2008, 02:02 PM
TM have always made crap balls Jack, and the TP's are no exception IMO - bloody awful. Stick with the Bridgy's!

kpac
7th April 2008, 02:18 PM

yeah those things are pinnacles at best!!!