PDA

View Full Version : Couple more things.

davidp
23rd October 2004, 02:38 PM
I'm still thinning out my collection. :shock: Sorry about the multiple listing.

Anyone looking for new grips?
I've got 8 new Golf Pride Velvet Cord grips. Mens standard size.

**SOLD***

*Also, a mint condition Snake Eyes Quick Strike I 14* utility head.

***SOLD***

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 06:22 PM
is this it?
http://www.golfsmith.com/cm/images/se3900.jpg

I will take it for $25 as long as its never been used like you said. Dont worry about postage i will pick it up at the next golf day you turn up to, which is when? If that is the northlakes game give it to Shavey.

davidp
23rd October 2004, 06:27 PM
Yes, that's it.

It has been used, but is in mint condition. I bought the head used, but never shafted it. If you look closely you can tell it has been hit by a couple of ball marks on the face. Crown perfect, sole one or two slight rub marks.

If you want photos, it will have to wait until Monday. The head is at work. (My alternate storage room) :D

davidp
23rd October 2004, 06:53 PM
And, I'll gladly refund your money if you're not happy with it.

Yes, I'll be there at North Lakes for Shavey's day.

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 06:58 PM
Ok its a deal, its not as if I am not going to put any marks on the face either.

davidp
23rd October 2004, 07:09 PM
How do you usually do the money side of things? Bank acct? Or do you want to just give Shavey the money?

Will he spend it on booze & women? :lol:

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 08:01 PM
Will he spend it on booze & women? :lol:

.. what else is there :roll:

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 09:12 PM
Buggar giving the money to Shavey, that means i would have to see his ugly dial twice in a week.

The common method amongst this lot is seller hands over the goods, and buyer pays you when he can be bothered- usually within 12 months.

However in your case i will make an exception. Internet banking sounds fine, but just wait a while, I often sneak up to Brisbane on a day trip, and I will have to go there to get it shafted anyway. Or I have prepaid courier vouchers.

How far are you from Archerfield?

davidp
23rd October 2004, 10:13 PM
Did you want me to drop it into Garry & Ross's place for you?

I live about 10 minutes from Golf Club Innovations and will be around that way sometime this week at the local Australia Post Business Centre to mail off a couple of eBay sales.

I'll be getting Garry & Ross to do some work for me soon too. I'm on the hunt for a 580XD head, hence all the selling.

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 11:05 PM
Sounds perfect, drop it off to GCI and just let them know I will be in contact soon. Tell me your Bank details and I will drop some money in there. I will probably go see them Friday.

davidp
24th October 2004, 06:38 AM
pm sent..

Jarro
24th October 2004, 07:36 AM
so you'll be trying out a new club at the Champs Blakey :wink:

markTHEblake
24th October 2004, 11:24 AM
Probably not. I just carry a 3w for show, never use them.

Jarro
24th October 2004, 03:14 PM

I find it hard to believe that you, of all people, would carry a club that you don't use.

It's just not logical Spock,.... i mean, Blakey :roll:

AndyP
24th October 2004, 03:51 PM
Yoink!

Anyone looking for new grips?
I've got 8 new Golf Pride Velvet Cord grips. Mens standard size.

$35 OBO + postage ($5?) or for the Brissie crew, come and pick them up. If you work in Brisbane CBD, I can drop them to your work.

After today's sweaty effort, I need these on the Prizms. PM on it's way.

markTHEblake
24th October 2004, 04:55 PM

I find it hard to believe that you, of all people, would carry a club that you don't use.

I'm flabbergasted - I do beleive you actually made a compliment? and to me as well?? Ok so that deserves a credible response.

I dont use a Fairway wood for a few reasons,
1. If I cant reach the par 5 in 2, then I see no point hitting a wood. It was hard enough hitting the fairway the first time.
2. I can hit my driver better off the deck than any 3w.
3. most 3w's go along the ground. I dont know why they make them that way.
4. I can hit my 2i as far as my 3w and a lot more reliably.

But i still carried one (trying different ones) in hope that one day i will find the knack of using it. But after 20 years of futility i think i will give up, unless anyone can find me a Status Mk V 3w, which is the last Fw wood i could use.

Its being a plan of mine to get a 1iron for a while, but after after seeing whatsis face use a strong hybrid to win the Open, and having a hit of Shavey's ladies 20deg, i was keen on a 14 degree club. So damn easy to hit. Just never got around to organising it and David's sale made it easy. There is not too many 14's out there, if any apart from the Snake Eyes. Though I really would have preferred a 13.

I really think this club will make a difference to my game. That might be the key - I only have to 'think' it will.

BrisVegas
25th October 2004, 07:07 AM
nice pickup blakey! Good looking club that SnakeEyes thingy. Hope it works well for you. :)