PDA

View Full Version : Baseball World Series

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 11:05 AM
St.Louis Cardinals Vs Boston Red Sox.

anyone else going to be watching this :?: I can't wait ... love me baseball :smt023

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 11:38 AM
Baseball is for people who are too scared to play cricket....

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 12:14 PM
Baseball is for people who are too scared to play cricket....

ever played "Grade" baseball Blakey :?: It's no place for the faint-hearted.

I've played both and think i'm more scared of a really fast pitcher than a quick bowler ..... i mean, if a pitcher wants to hit you.. he will.

Iain
23rd October 2004, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I'll be watching. Still can't believe the yankees got beaten :x after being 3-0 up in the ALCS...... They were some great games though, long ones too, after going a few extra innings.

But yes I will be watching.... :wink:

Ducky
23rd October 2004, 01:03 PM
http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~bencummings/images/owned-baseball.jpg

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I'll be watching. Still can't believe the yankees got beaten :x after being 3-0 up in the ALCS...... They were some great games though, long ones too, after going a few extra innings.

But yes I will be watching.... :wink:

I can't believe the yankees got beaten either :smt017

i think they were up 4-0 in the 4th game as well ... shoulda finished the RedSox off in that situation.

AndyP
23rd October 2004, 04:11 PM
Don't follow the baseball at all. I don't think it is a very watchable sport. It's not really that entertaining as a computer game either.

Went to one Brisbane Bandits game years ago. There is a reason I only went to one. :smt015

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 04:24 PM
Don't follow the baseball at all. I don't think it is a very watchable sport. It's not really that entertaining as a computer game either.

Went to one Brisbane Bandits game years ago. There is a reason I only went to one. :smt015

it certainly helps to have played the game ... it's really a great game once you know what the hell is going on :roll: :lol:

Eag's
23rd October 2004, 04:51 PM
Played it in high school, but sucked big time at it :oops:
Quite a scary game if you come up against a pitcher who can smoke them past you or at you :shock:

Bruce
25th October 2004, 10:15 AM
I watched game one after coming home from the range and made it to about the 7th inning before I had to give it away.

It is just so ****ing slow!

These guys make the Indian cricket team under Ganguly look fast. How can it take more than 10 minutes to go through an innings of less than 20 pitches?

Jarro
28th October 2004, 02:30 PM
truly awesome result :!: :shock:

Sox were gawwwwwn at 3-0 down in the series, then 4runs down in the 4th game.

I'd love to be in Boston right now... even Blakey might get lucky :roll:

P.S. won a cool $150 on the result too \:D/

Jarro
28th October 2004, 03:59 PM
I'd love to be in Boston right now... even Blakey might get lucky :roll:

You said Boston right...not San Francisco. :roll: :smt058

have we crossed the line here :smt017