PDA

View Full Version : Anybody like a punt?

gazgolf1
23rd October 2004, 11:31 AM
Cox Plate day today and I'm heading down to the TAB for a few wagers.
I used to be right into it...doing the form,watching the videos but only ocassionally bet these days. :roll:
Love having a bet around this time of the year with the Melbourne Cup in a few weeks.
Anybody else?

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 11:41 AM
not me mate [-(

i'm so tight... you couldn't pull a pin outta my arse with a tractor.

3oneday
23rd October 2004, 12:51 PM
Nah, never had a bet in my life :wink: oh, hang on, no, umm

Lashed on David Hayes horse in the Cox, Elegant Fashion, much like me really :lol:

Pete

Eag's
23rd October 2004, 02:29 PM
Yep love to have a bet Gaz :wink:
I get right into it during the Spring & Autumn.
As a matter of fact I am having a few bets as we speak :D

By the way....what do you like in the Plate?
I am on Regal Roller & King's Chapel. Would be good to see the big Queenslander Starcraft get up though.

gazgolf1
23rd October 2004, 03:41 PM
By the way....what do you like in the Plate?
I am on Regal Roller & King's Chapel. Would be good to see the big Queenslander Starcraft get up though.

Mate I reckon Savabeel is a special. :wink: :wink: :wink:

3oneday
23rd October 2004, 03:44 PM
Mate I reckon Savabeel is a special. :wink: :wink: :wink:

funny man..... mine elegantly almost went through the fence, was running on hugely.............

for fourth :P

:lol:

Eag's
23rd October 2004, 03:46 PM
Lol easy to pick after the fact mate :wink:
How good is this horse going to be :shock:
Last time a 3 year old won the Cox Plate was Octagonal.

I was keen about Savabeel all week but changed my mind today :smt089

AndyP
23rd October 2004, 05:07 PM
Don't bet on the horses, but I used to place the occasional wager on the footy.

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 07:26 PM
My old man was an SP bookie, then a legit one, and I even pencilled for him for a while, as well as another couple of bookies in Winton of all places.

But hardly ever had a bet in my life, except for once as a green 20yo I put $200 on dads horse to win at 2/1 on, and it survived a 4 way photo, and 3 protests. Took about 20 mins to call correct weight and seemed like half a century. I am pretty sure I never had a punt since.

drunken
23rd October 2004, 07:36 PM
I have the occasional wager. Make the annual trip to the Ballina Cup (free piss in a tent all day) & to Tablulam Races (once a year track & everyone drinks as much as they can).

My grandfather used to be a trainer & was fairly successful on the Northern Rivers. He's the man I see if I need a tip or two :wink:

gazgolf1
23rd October 2004, 08:09 PM
Gaz,

I finally had a half decent collect today on the runner up in the cocks plate and the winner of the second last...Plastered.
Plastered is now headed for the Derby next week of which I will be attending and no doubt in that condition....got to be the omen bet of my life.

Only two nags can win the Melb Cup...Makaybe Diva on a decent track or Grey Song if it pi$$es down.

Nice work....I had a bit of a win today,well I paid for dinner at the Story Bridge with a bit left over so a good day.
Have to agree about Makybe Diva..its run last week was the best trial for a Melb Cup that I've seen in years. 8)

Eag's
23rd October 2004, 09:02 PM
Sounds like we all had a good day :D
I backed 3 winners and a small trifecta :wink:

I envy you heading down for the Derby g69, :smt090 would be great to get down there one year :)

Fishman Dan
24th October 2004, 10:27 AM
Don't mind a punt.
Went to a pub yesterday for a friends farewell, he inadvertantly picked a venue without large screen TV's to watch the V8's and - get this - NO TAB?!

I hated The Oaks (in Neutral Bay) before, i despise it now.

The Ballina Cup is a great day - Boxing Day. Had a big win in the last race last year, i'll be back there.