PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got good quality pullouts?

davidp
22nd October 2004, 10:26 PM
I'm looking for a good quality pullout driver pullout shaft to use.

I don't want anything that has been hit too much. Looking for an untipped stiff flex shaft. An Aldila NV65 would be nice. :) I need to get ithe finished driver into the 255 - 260 CPM range.

This is why I ho, so I can buy stuff when I need it...

Shameless cross - promotional coming up -

There's a $5 Titleist Bulls-Eye putter when you buy the Integra - Purple Ice combo that I have listed. Please buy it, so I can buy a shaft...

I'm gonna need all the help I can get at North Lakes. Or maybe, all the excuses I can get. ("Oh, this driver is a brand new combo. That's why I can't hit within 30 metres of the fairway")

Thanks,

David

Jarro
26th October 2004, 03:52 PM
davidp,

.. i have access to a Fuji Speeder 757 stiff shaft if it's any good to you :wink:

davidp
26th October 2004, 03:59 PM
Thanks jarro, I wasn't looking to spend that much.

However, since new Speeders sell for around the $500 mark, that's a very good buy for someone.

I got my hands on a SK Fiber Lite Rev II for a very good price (for my Alpha head coming in). I'm still on the hunt for a .350 tip pullout for my as yet unconfirmed 580XD head.

Cheers,

David

Jarro
26th October 2004, 04:05 PM
Thanks jarro, I wasn't looking to spend that much.

However, since new Speeders sell for around the $500 mark, that's a very good buy for someone.

you can get new speeders for around $300.

this one i have is in the classifieds now for $150

3oneday
26th October 2004, 07:48 PM
I'm still on the hunt for a .350 tip pullout for my as yet unconfirmed 580XD head.
Dave, was scanning through ebay just today and saw a guy who recently sold MAS stiff for $70 :shock: . Funny enough, the buyer was a guy who I sold a R510TP 8.5* to. Hope he wasn't trying to stick it in that, wouldn't that be funny, replacing a speeder with a MAS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry off, on a tangent there :lol: . Suggestion, look for .335 tips, you will get a better shaft with a better launch and if Ben can't fit a shim to get it to fit properly I'm sure he could find someone who could.

Pete

davidp
26th October 2004, 09:12 PM
Pete,

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Shims are easy to fit and pretty cheap $2- or something close to that.

I can't believe a MAS shaft, POS that it is, sold for $70. The quality of the shaft that I end up putting in will depend on whether I decide to keep it long term.

I'm a component guy currently playing Golfsmith driver, Snake Eyes 3W, Dynacraft irons, Hoffman SW, Golfsmith LW, Golfsmith putter. To put a TM driver in that bag might be inviting bad karma and the rest of the bag may protest in the only way they know how. :evil: