PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite grip?

Jono
25th March 2008, 09:49 PM
What's your favourite grip at the moment? I'm loving the Star wrap grips that Mikezone introduced me to. Soft on the hands but great tackiness, even in the wet. And it's got that great traditional look to it too.

Jarro
25th March 2008, 09:53 PM
Golf Pride Tour Velvet

goughy
25th March 2008, 09:53 PM
Ping i3 white dot, or similar. Not cord.

Grunt
25th March 2008, 09:55 PM
The squirrel Grip ;)

TS
25th March 2008, 10:17 PM
I put on a Lamkin Dual Density Torsion on my putter, and I quite like the feel.

Thinking of putting Lamkin Dual Density Torsion in my wood and iron as well.

BrisVegas
25th March 2008, 10:19 PM
Golf Pride Tour Velvet. Do they make other types?

3oneday
25th March 2008, 10:40 PM
Golf Pride Tour Velvet

Golf Pride Tour Velvet. Do they make other types?
what he's said ;)

Shaneo
26th March 2008, 06:37 AM
I put on a Lamkin Dual Density Torsion on my putter, and I quite like the feel.

Thinking of putting Lamkin Dual Density Torsion in my wood and iron as well.

i've got the dual density on all my clubs, they're great especially in the wet.
heaps of grip for all conditions

v205
26th March 2008, 07:15 AM
Been using Golf Pride Tour Wrap full cord since ages ago and loved them. However, I'm starting to develope the liking for GP Tour Velvet full cord.

BrisVegas, where can we get some cheap in Aus?

BrisVegas
26th March 2008, 09:07 AM
BrisVegas, where can we get some cheap in Aus?

Mate, I'm probably not the right person to ask as I don't buy them that often. I've bought them off Thommo, (been given a couple by) perci, golfworks in the gabba, ben from isg. I think you can usually find them for around $5 each in golf stores.

mikezone13
26th March 2008, 09:51 AM
As jono said, the wrap grips by Star Grips are the most comfortable and tacky grip I ever used.

Not to mention the quality control on the roundness of the grips is second to none. They also last a lifetime, I have played over 80 rounds with mine and they still appear brand new.

Toolish
26th March 2008, 10:27 AM
Vardon..... :)

I can't play with non-cord grips, just don't feel secure. Although the multi's may get a go shortly. Currently Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord.

Chris32
26th March 2008, 10:37 AM
Lamkin chords, great all round grips

moree golfer
26th March 2008, 11:05 AM
I have tried a lot of grips and don't have the same grips on all my clubs (probably should). GP Tour Velvet are my favourite although they seem to get shiny quicker than others such as the Lamkin Dual Density Torsion or Stargrips. I don't know why corded grips are so much better, certainly they cost more but I haven't seen any benefit for me.

SupaSubi
26th March 2008, 12:31 PM
Lamkin chords, great all round grips

thats what i have on all my clubs. they even come in funky red.

just
26th March 2008, 07:06 PM
Golf Pride V-55 Cords

PeteyD
27th March 2008, 12:09 PM
GP Decade Multis. And the 3M Greptiles are good too.

TS
27th March 2008, 12:17 PM
Pete. If you like the 3M Greptiles, the Lamkin Dual Density Torsion is even better.

Yossarian
12th February 2012, 07:02 PM
The golf pride DD2 that is on the Adams Pro Golds has to be one of the worst grips I've ever used. So slippy.

simmsy
12th February 2012, 07:14 PM
Grip Masters from Gamola Golf. that cheap for leather grips is just too good against anything else on the market.

Choppa1
12th February 2012, 07:20 PM
I agree - Grip Masters are the bomb!

nadg63
12th February 2012, 07:21 PM
Either Pure or Sharpro, depending on which set of irons I chuck in my bag!

virge666
12th February 2012, 08:51 PM
Pure grips

Hate gripmaster with a passion

meh
12th February 2012, 09:00 PM
Pure grips

Hate gripmaster with a passion

To use? Or are you speaking as a clubmaker?

Croydo
12th February 2012, 09:01 PM
Really happy with my gripmaster grips, I use to swear by tour velvets prior to them.

Croydo
12th February 2012, 09:03 PM
To use? Or are you speaking as a clubmaker? that would as a clubmaker, he was screaming blue murder when I got some in for my woods, hybrids, and wedges.

KristianJ
12th February 2012, 09:32 PM
I have Lamkin Tour Elite Plus grips on my Tour Preferred irons. Never heard of them before I had them fitted, but they feel a bit more like Tour Velvets than the Crosslines do, and feel somewhat tacky. Only $5 fitted a grip as well when I had them done, and I'm very happy with them.

Also love the Tour Wrap 2Gs on my wedges.

Yossarian
12th February 2012, 09:34 PM
The gamola real cow grips are the tits.

Again those DD2 things are so shit. So so shit. I almost killed a bloke at the range because of them.

dave1
13th February 2012, 01:48 AM
I use gripmasters kangarooI got these bout 2 years ago.($130 for 8 grips on uk ebay) Only my irons and gap wedge are doneWill get one for my driver soon - when I have some spair coinBest wet weather grip I have used.

IanO
13th February 2012, 12:14 PM
I love my gripmaster grips from Gamola golf

virge666
13th February 2012, 12:51 PM
that would as a clubmaker, he was screaming blue murder when I got some in for my woods, hybrids, and wedges.

Yep and they just feel too thick... the sewing on the back doesn't do much for me either.

That . . . and the problem that leather rots.

Also hate the Golf Pride DD grips... they go shiny and slippery inside 6 months.

dave1
13th February 2012, 08:04 PM
Leather doesnt rot if looked after.

Also use dubbin. I also use magic scrubber (from bunning) its a like a kitchen scrubber but its actually a very very fine sandpaper.Takes dirt off things but not leather itself.

Then dry with chamois then dubbin.

They must be well cared for.

dhills2
13th February 2012, 08:33 PM

Also use dubbin. I also use magic scrubber (from bunning) its a like a kitchen scrubber but its actually a very very fine sandpaper.Takes dirt off things but not leather itself.

WAY too much effort for this lazy bastard. Pure Grips are holding up well but I might give the soft pure grips a go next or perhaps even the Star wraps. I've started playing without a glove now so tackiness in the wet is a priority!

Croydo
13th February 2012, 08:40 PM
Nothing I've used comes close to be as tacky as gripmasters especially in the wet. I wipe mine over with a damp cloth when I get home from golf, it takes all of about 5 minutes.

virge666
13th February 2012, 09:03 PM
Screw that for a joke, my clubs get washed when it rains. My grips get hit with a hose every month or so...

Chamois, dubbin, brushing... You are kidding!

mudrat
13th February 2012, 09:07 PM
That would be way too much effort for me. I am rapt with my pure grips.

Choppa1
14th February 2012, 12:04 AM

I don't think you're meant to use dubbin on Grip Master grips - just wipe down with a warm, wet cloth/rag.

Puji
14th February 2012, 12:29 AM
i have a pure grip on the mizuno MP600 I got off here.

loved it the first time i used it. it rained on the weekend. somewhat of a slight drizzle. it got slimy and slippery real quick.

these grips are shit.

still like my Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2Gs

dave1
14th February 2012, 02:34 AM
Screw that for a joke, my clubs get washed when it rains. My grips get hit with a hose every month or so... Chamois, dubbin, brushing... You are kidding! In the garage - with a beer in handI actually find it relaxingTakes 20 minutes tops.I do that once a month Buff my irons sometimes also

dave1
14th February 2012, 02:36 AM
I don't think you're meant to use dubbin on Grip Master grips - just wipe down with a warm, wet cloth/rag. Leather is leather.Only use a very small amount. My gripmasters are 3 years old and going strong

idgolfguy
14th February 2012, 02:37 AM
Wet a towel before the round and wipe each grip as I use them. Gripmasters.

MegaWatty
14th February 2012, 02:53 AM
Wet a towel before the round and wipe each grip as I use them. Gripmasters. This is the best post here.

Outcast
15th February 2012, 11:37 PM
Gripmasters are the biz; had one on a putter for three years in FNQ no rot!! Got em on all my clubs a few months back, tacky as even in tropical down pour. Let them dry naturally if they get soaked, wipe clean with damp towel dead f...n easy

rexgrunt40
18th February 2012, 03:31 PM
iomic jumbos on my woods and irons and iomic putter grip for the flat stick

MAZA68
18th February 2012, 04:03 PM
Taking a liking to the new mutil compound..............red and black.

Lagerlover
18th February 2012, 06:02 PM

And stepping on people's golf balls.

dave1
19th February 2012, 01:14 AM

these are good but they shred my hands if I practice for say and hour and half

MAZA68
19th February 2012, 02:41 PM
these are good but they shred my hands if I practice for say and hour and half

I don't practice, so no issues there.

MAZA68
19th February 2012, 02:43 PM
And stepping on people's golf balls.

I though it was pretty good of me to pull up alongside it.

Lagerlover
19th February 2012, 02:52 PM
I though it was pretty good of me to pull up alongside it.

IT WAS BRIGHT YELLOW..... still don't know how you got the cart into the marsh lands in the first place??