PDA

View Full Version : This week's CA Championship on Ten HD

gaetan
20th March 2008, 01:09 PM
For those of us who still refuse to pay Foxtel for channels we don't want when all we want is the golf, you have to love TenHD for showing the WGC events on free to air this year.
This week the CA Championship is on Fri - Mon each morning. Yee haa!

goughy
20th March 2008, 01:11 PM
Southern cross ten pull your finger out and show this!!! You're happy to show some of the yankie drama's, so how about the rest!!!!!

Jarro
20th March 2008, 04:26 PM
Golf in HD is a wonderful viewing experience :)

Rusty
20th March 2008, 06:52 PM
nice find gaetan.

in Bris - Fr to Sun 5-9 & Mon 6-10am.

goughy
20th March 2008, 06:54 PM
I hate you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (spedifically those with hd tv in capitol cities, I like the rest of ya's)

Oh, and take my comment with a large grain of salt!

goughy
20th March 2008, 06:55 PM
I was so infuriated that I couldn't even type properly!!!!!! Or spell for that matter!!!

gaetan
20th March 2008, 11:46 PM
Only posting cause I see your online goughy!... gotta got to get some sleep, only 6 hours till my live coverage of the CA Championship.
By the way, I'll attend to the posts on the welcome board tomorrow - I do have a members' special unlock code you guys can use.

gaetan
20th March 2008, 11:47 PM
ha! i was so excited I couldn't type properly. (substitute you're for your) ha ha .

moree golfer
21st March 2008, 09:11 AM
I am very frustrated as where I am staying this weekend on the Central Coast can't seem to pick up Ten HD although I have a HD set top box to take home to Moree so I don't have any issues with catching WGC events in the future.

Scottt
21st March 2008, 09:21 AM
what a load of shit. you get foxtel for the golf and now have to buy a new friggen TV to see some of the best tournies. Does it ever end?!

goughy
21st March 2008, 09:25 AM
I am very frustrated as where I am staying this weekend on the Central Coast can't seem to pick up Ten HD although I have a HD set top box to take home to Moree so I don't have any issues with catching WGC events in the future.

It's not that simple! It appears that those events are only going to be shown on capital city hd, not the regionals. The regionals are owned by a different company and not really up and going yet. In toowoomba, we get the test signal most of the time, although shows like house, burn notice etc are shown on the hd signal. But in general it's believed us regional areas won't have full 10hd until the middle of the year.

Sux to be us eh!

gaetan
21st March 2008, 10:07 AM
I didn't know that...it does suck. Another thing I didn't know was that you can't tape hd on video or standard hdd recorders. They're bringing out hdd recorders that can receive an hd signal so there's another thing to have to buy.

Scottt
21st March 2008, 10:22 AM
foxtel, new tv, hdd recorder... I'm starting to think it might just be cheaper and easier to just fly to the states and watch the ***ker live :D

goughy
21st March 2008, 12:20 PM
I didn't know that...it does suck. Another thing I didn't know was that you can't tape hd on video or standard hdd recorders. They're bringing out hdd recorders that can receive an hd signal so there's another thing to have to buy.

You can get some of the lg tv's that have a hdd built in, get a htpc, or buy one of the dual tuner hd pvr's that'll do the job. About 1k for the pvr's.

You can thank the government that decided on having 2 standards rather than just one, meaning rather than just making hd the standard, they said there would be both sd and hd. And even then there isn't technically a standard. HD can basically be any signal broadcast in 576p and above. Typical govt's!

moree golfer
23rd March 2008, 09:43 PM
I bought a Homecast HD PVR last week for $650. I am still getting my head around it's functions but still no joy with regional Ten HD. In my region Southern Cross is the regional broadcaster and I have a good mind to rant to someone in the SC office on Tuesday. Talk about bad timing when two Aussies are leading the tourney and we can't bloody see it!

AndyP
23rd March 2008, 09:56 PM
I can see it on the Sunshine Coast. But you can still pick up Brisbane Ten HD here.

goughy
23rd March 2008, 11:55 PM
Apparently with the right antenna you can get the bris hd channels in toowoomba too.

moree golfer
25th March 2008, 07:47 AM
Who has the free to air TV rights to the Majors this year? I'd better get my shit organised if I want to be able to catch the Masters.

gaetan
25th March 2008, 08:04 AM
Channel 10 has the Masters and the US Open, that much I know. Also, 10 has confirmed that the Masters will not be shown only on HD so you will still see it on standard tv.

goughy
25th March 2008, 08:36 AM
Thank you know who!!

3oneday
25th March 2008, 08:48 AM
Can anyone link the Leaderboard for the tourny ? I've been to www.worldgolfchampionships.com and it's like looking for a needle in a haystack :evil:

Nice win to Ogilvy in the end ! 8)

gaetan
25th March 2008, 08:58 AM
Try the pga tour website. Here's the link to the final board.

http://www.worldgolfchampionships.com/leaderboards/current/r473/

Eag's
25th March 2008, 09:02 AM
Great to see another Aussie have a win, well done Ogilvy :smt038:smt038

goughy
25th March 2008, 09:22 AM
3 aussies top 10 and 4 top 15.

moree golfer
25th March 2008, 09:47 AM
Thank you know who!!
Is that you we should be thanking??

goughy