PDA

View Full Version : F1

leighthebee
15th March 2008, 06:52 PM
Not sure if anyone here follows F1 but.........

Webber's car is sucking again
Hamilton just gets better and better

Grunt
15th March 2008, 07:25 PM
Will be interesting to see how Kimi goes now he is starting towards the back of the field

jaybam
15th March 2008, 07:35 PM
Only reason i am watching is cause the v8's are on :)

ddasey
15th March 2008, 07:47 PM
Only reason i am watching is cause the v8's are on :)

Ditto :)

Choppa
15th March 2008, 07:59 PM
I don't follow the Formula 1 too much, but Webber always seems to drive cars that fail. Is this anything to do with his driving style pushing the cars too hard? Or is he just unlucky?

Grunt
15th March 2008, 08:22 PM
Think it was Brundle that said today that Webber is definitely the unluckiest driver in F1

goughy
15th March 2008, 08:24 PM
I remember hearing when he first got a drive, that he was a very well respected and liked driver. Yet he doesn't seem to finish much. I bet he makes nothing out of it too!

leighthebee
16th March 2008, 07:24 PM
I think Webber is hard on equipment. But he is damn unlucky.

Hamilton certainly the only one making it look easy.

Fishman Dan
16th March 2008, 09:00 PM
It was the chat with Danni Minogue before the start of the race. Nothing good has come from anything she's tapped!

Bruce
16th March 2008, 09:19 PM
7 finishers!!

They gave championship points to a DNF!

leighthebee
17th March 2008, 01:35 AM
past a certain point (90%??) you are classified as a finisher

the first race of the year is pretty brutal on reliability and racecraft.

leighthebee
13th May 2008, 01:27 PM
well a few races in now and Webber seems to be nipping at the heels of the BIG 3.

had to watch out for dogs on the Turkey circuit with one getting taken out by Bruno Senna in the GP2 race beforehand.

great drive by Massa to threepeat poles and wins.

PeteyD
13th May 2008, 01:31 PM
dogs on the circuit? dodgy.

dc68
13th May 2008, 01:37 PM
Don't you mean dogdy?

PeteyD
13th May 2008, 02:34 PM
Kinda Cowdy really

Fishman Dan
13th May 2008, 04:54 PM
F1 is a fantastic spectacle, but it's become boring with cars "caravaning" around the course. If there is a duel it's so hard to pass on any more than a single corner on the track.

The A1 GP series is great to watch, but hard to catch on TV with any consistency.

leighthebee
13th May 2008, 06:52 PM
true but last season and this season have been so tight. hard to pass, but not the dominance since the german has moved on.

i'm really enjoying f1 at the moment

talbo
13th May 2008, 08:01 PM
Next years rule changes to aerodynamics is (supposed to) going to change the ability to overtake. Less downforce and essentially cars that won't disturb the air of a following car should make for interesting racing as cars will be able to follow each other more closely.

Next year they're going back to a full slick tyre also.

virge666
13th May 2008, 08:17 PM
Boys - I love my F1.

But the MotoGp and Superbikes are sensational this year.

4 races and 4 winners - overtaking a plenty and close racing.. The on board camera tighten the sphincter for the full 40 minutes.

Just love it !

ddasey
13th May 2008, 08:21 PM

4 races and 4 winners - overtaking a plenty and close racing.. The on board camera tighten the sphincter for the full 40 minutes.

Just love it !

Couldn't agree more. :smt023

The only problem being no Foxtel so the late nights are killing me.

Would be good to see bayliss win it in his last year.

Iain
13th May 2008, 08:25 PM
Next years rule changes to aerodynamics is (supposed to) going to change the ability to overtake. Less downforce and essentially cars that won't disturb the air of a following car should make for interesting racing as cars will be able to follow each other more closely.

Next year they're going back to a full slick tyre also.

Yeah, they're not going to rely so heavily on aerodynamics next year, should really make for a step up in racing. Should've done it years ago!!

Boys - I love my F1.

Just love it !

Damn straight Virge, I havn't been watching the superbikes so much, but the motogp is awesome, too bad the Ducati's dropped the ball a little bit this year. Hopefully some of the "Bridgestone tracks" coming up will help Stoner get more consistent results.

leighthebee
13th May 2008, 08:26 PM
yeah, but will it change it that much though.

even with the freeze in engines and only 1 tyre supplier, they are still ridiculously late brakers

ddasey
13th May 2008, 08:29 PM
The motogp is awesome to watch at the moment, but really kinda miss this sort of stuff

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6s44KOINBB0

yeah baby

leighthebee
13th May 2008, 08:56 PM
gotta get rid of the tc though in motogp.

virge666
13th May 2008, 10:32 PM
gotta get rid of the tc though in motogp.

Either that or get it for my Fireblade . . .

Who can forget Rossi backing it into corners with no TC . . . getting a woody just thinking about it,