PDA

View Full Version : Bag setup of Legends....?

andylo
20th October 2004, 03:46 PM
I know it sounds silly, just wonder if anyone know what kind of bag setup once used by the legends? Like Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Bobby Jones.....

3oneday
20th October 2004, 04:05 PM
Oh, them :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: one of them had a 1 iron :lol: 8)

terryand
20th October 2004, 05:09 PM
And Mashie Niblick,among others.

Terry.

Jarro
20th October 2004, 05:22 PM
sorry Andylo, i have no idea what the "Greats" used in their bags :?

.. be sure to ask Blakey though, he likes living in the past.

Deano
20th October 2004, 08:51 PM
Guys

Just read recently a great book on Ben Hogan......

Driver - 9.5 degree(swing weight 2.5)
4 Wood
Irons 2 - pw(46deg)pw2(52deg)sw(56deg) - all irons swingweight D1.
Sandwedge D4.

Freq - 269cpm or 7.2(Precision scale)
Iron shafts Apex 5

Hope that helps

Dean

Iain
22nd October 2004, 07:29 AM
Oh, them :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: one of them had a 1 iron :lol: 8)

Pete,

If you're referring to the famous shot at merion....it was actually a 2 iron. 8)
Remember it well do you Rich!!!! :P

Iain
22nd October 2004, 07:40 AM
I was there Iain.
Hoges turned to me in the gallery and asked if he should hit an east 16* Mashie rescue that he had just picked up on Ebay, or hit a harder 2 iron. I told him to smask the f**k out of the 2 iron and hope for the best....the rest is history.
After the famous shot a reporter turned to me, knowing i was a good mate of Hoges and asked what club he had hit. Just for a lark I told him it was a 1 iron, and that is where that myth began.
And to think, people tell you nothing is ever learned on Ozgolf. 8)

:P :smt044 :smt120 :smt103 :smt104 :smt030

Choppa
22nd October 2004, 07:58 AM
I was there Iain.
Hoges turned to me in the gallery and asked if he should hit an east 16* Mashie rescue that he had just picked up on Ebay, or hit a harder 2 iron. I told him to smask the f**k out of the 2 iron and hope for the best....the rest is history.
After the famous shot a reporter turned to me, knowing i was a good mate of Hoges and asked what club he had hit. Just for a lark I told him it was a 1 iron, and that is where that myth began.

That's amazing...... :smt046

terryand
22nd October 2004, 08:01 AM
I was there Iain.

GET THE F@RK OUTTA HERE

andylo
22nd October 2004, 08:04 AM

but :lol:

Fishman Dan
22nd October 2004, 08:21 AM
But what kind of bag did he have? Ogio?

Ducky
22nd October 2004, 02:56 PM
I was there Iain.
:smt038

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).