PDA

View Full Version : The battle of the Ginge! Peter_rs vs Kpac - 16/03/08 - Nudgee South

shazza_rs
12th March 2008, 01:37 PM
Okay so the battle of the ginge is well upon us! I thought they were a dying breed. :mrgreen:

Let the sledge begin!!

AndyP
12th March 2008, 01:41 PM
From us or between them. It's hard to pass up an opportunity to sledge a ginge.

shazza_rs
12th March 2008, 01:43 PM
Tell me about it, i fight the urge every day! ;)

poidda
12th March 2008, 01:44 PM
Sheesh, the pair of you are very harsh.

Ginger kids (http://www.gingerkids.org/) are people too you know!

AndyP
12th March 2008, 02:02 PM
Last comp round at Nudgee South:
peter_rs: Gross 78
kpac: Gross 81

No shots given for this one?

peter_rs
12th March 2008, 03:53 PM
Had kpac covered a month ago... with 3 shots ;)

It will be interesting to see how they set the course up..... How is that driver going kpac? I want to see you drive 2.

I wonder whats in my bag this week.

If it comes down to the last two holes I'm in big trouble. Nudgee took it to the last in 07 and I nearly hit the club house with my tee shot :(

maybe I should play the south instead of the north on sat so I get a bad round out and not backing up after a pb on my last trip around. :)

dc68
12th March 2008, 03:59 PM
Go the Fanta Pants

Bruce
12th March 2008, 04:27 PM
Go Kent!!

He spoons better than Pete.

kpac
12th March 2008, 05:27 PM
Up against it i'd have first thought - coming off the back of two ambrose events where the blaze away method has taken it's toll on my accuracy. And Pete sprouting pretty good form.

But
His handicap has came down as-well so i recon i'm a good thing, for the below reasons;

I've played in the last week,
I like to win.

jaybam
12th March 2008, 05:28 PM
Competitive much???? :)

kpac
12th March 2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah he's in trouble.

Jarro
12th March 2008, 05:42 PM
Might suit RS better actually ... he can spray the driver 3 fairways wide there and still have a clear shot to the green ;)

jaybam
12th March 2008, 05:57 PM
Maybe we should play there then jarro with my driving accuracy of late might have a chance :)

peter_rs
12th March 2008, 06:08 PM
Might suit RS better actually ... he can spray the driver 3 fairways wide there and still have a clear shot to the green ;)

only 3 don't be kind.:lol:

Kpac what drink do you like.

BrisVegas
12th March 2008, 06:12 PM
South Course is far too open. kpac - you should have chosen a tighter track.

markTHEblake
12th March 2008, 06:21 PM
Reverse Psychology - never fails.

jaybam
12th March 2008, 06:22 PM
Cant help but notice the "im cured" and smiley face down the bottom vegas would that be in regards to your dreaded shanks??? If so congratsand hope the evil little bastards stay gone :)

BrisVegas
12th March 2008, 06:23 PM
Cant help but notice the "im cured" and smiley face down the bottom vegas would that be in regards to your dreaded shanks??? If so congratsand hope the evil little bastards stay gone :)
yeah i've given up golf... can't shank if i don't play. :lol:

jaybam
12th March 2008, 06:29 PM
Wow what a fix can it get any easier than that??

kpac
12th March 2008, 06:34 PM
South Course is far too open. kpac - you should have chosen a tighter track.

8-) wind me out bookie i'll take the odds....

AndyP
12th March 2008, 07:18 PM
kpac hasn't won an OZgolf matchplay match yet. Loser!

just
12th March 2008, 08:32 PM
Kpac's gorrrn. Should've found somewhere with lots of trees Kent.

peter_rs
13th March 2008, 09:10 AM
So where is G69 with the form and odds?

kpac
13th March 2008, 09:59 AM
with matchplay events on my behalf reading
Wins = 0
Loses = 1
Draws = 2
i recon at $2 i'm a bit short - but the draw is juicy odds!

Where are the exotics tho 69? I want to get a bit of value.
Kpac by KO before 15...... What sort of value am i getting there?

shazza_rs
13th March 2008, 10:02 AM
so basically what you are saying kpac is that you can't close out a match and when you get close to it you lose????

My money's on pete ;)

markTHEblake
13th March 2008, 10:12 AM
The great thing about this match is that half the ginger tossers are eliminated after round 1. :razz:

Regardless I am backing the gold coast kid. They breed em tougher down here.

poidda
13th March 2008, 10:33 AM
Can I get $10 bucks on kpac being the closest to the colour of the setting sun? :)

kpac
13th March 2008, 10:50 AM
Can I get $10 bucks on kpac being the closest to the colour of the setting sun? :)

:smt060 bit romantic

kpac
13th March 2008, 10:52 AM
so basically what you are saying kpac is that you can't close out a match and when you get close to it you lose????

Thats right, tried the close approach last yeah - wasn't my bag - i'll stick to closing them out early this year

AndyP
13th March 2008, 02:44 PM
It helps if you don't get off to 3 down or 4 down starts.

kpac
13th March 2008, 02:55 PM
It helps if you don't get off to 3 down or 4 down starts.

you still here?

AndyP
13th March 2008, 02:57 PM
We're in the same group. Get used to it.

kpac
13th March 2008, 03:01 PM
you are bringing the driver along this time tho aren't you rs?

peter_rs
13th March 2008, 04:47 PM
I will tell you on the second hole. I have picked up something nasty from Vegas and its not pretty with the short stuff so it may be wise to avoid short irons :(

On the other hand if I hit driver I could be that far of line :)

How is the Exotic going?

kpac
13th March 2008, 04:57 PM
How is the Exotic going?

good enough..... not really a necessary club around that course - may've been playing 69'r too much realised the wisdom in the bunt. Driver may not be needed. :shock:

Jarro
13th March 2008, 05:45 PM
You'll need driver for 17 for sure :)

peter_rs
13th March 2008, 06:00 PM
kpac have you played the south of the Back... there are some long holes that are always into wind.

BrisVegas
13th March 2008, 08:03 PM
I have picked up something nasty from Vegas and its not pretty

(I'm leaving the obvious innuendo alone for a change! :o)

Glad to be rid of the shanks. Good luck with them. I managed to keep my scores under the tonne in the couple of months I had them.

Eag's
14th March 2008, 08:16 AM

Glad to be rid of the shanks. Good luck with them. I managed to keep my scores under the tonne in the couple of months I had them.

Well done Dion, the old hilary swanks can really start to destroy your confidence over time. I wonder who will be the next poor bastard on Oz golf to get the curse :smt108

poidda
14th March 2008, 08:28 AM

Rid of the shanks?? When did this happen? I sense a whole lot of positive thinking going on here. :)

Well done Dion, the old hilary swanks can really start to destroy your confidence over time. I wonder who will be the next poor bastard on Oz golf to get the curse :smt108

Eags, what are you doing mentioning shanks only a couple of weeks before mammoth battle at Barny?!? I would hate for them to get back in your head. Actually, have you ever completely recovered, or do you slip one in every now and then! :)

Eag's
14th March 2008, 08:39 AM
Rid of the shanks?? When did this happen? I sense a whole lot of positive thinking going on here. :)

Eags, what are you doing mentioning shanks only a couple of weeks before mammoth battle at Barny?!? I would hate for them to get back in your head. Actually, have you ever completely recovered, or do you slip one in every now and then! :)

Mate, I haven't even looked like having one for the last 20 rounds, sounds to me like you are a bit worried :lol:

markTHEblake
14th March 2008, 08:57 AM
I wonder who will be the next poor bastard on Oz golf to get the curse :smt108

Not me, though I have lots of them when I practice, not unusual to shank the first 3 or 4.

The only shank i can remember on a golf course was at least 15 years ago lol:

Jarro
14th March 2008, 11:24 AM
If the last time you had one was 15 years ago Blakey, then you're more than overdue

Jarro
16th March 2008, 04:57 PM
Somebody going to give us a wrapup of this match or what ?

AndyP
16th March 2008, 05:05 PM
I'll wait for one of the players to report first.

peter_rs
16th March 2008, 05:30 PM
Ok Jarro kpac must still be on the road.

The ginger assassin lives another day. He has become a bunter very sad.

I couldn't start any better birdie, birdie. Missed a short putt on 4 for par to go 2 up. In stupid moment kicked my putter..... in the process bending the shaft. Walking done the next shazza convinced me it was not bent.... but I was not a believer and started missing all kinds of putts and lost track of the match. kpac wins the next 4 (with a couple of ties). I went out in 19 pts with 13 putts in 5 holes, 2 down at the turn. kpac out in 22.

kpac wins the next two with pars. I decided to trust the putter in whatever state it was and win I click my swing into gear and win the next 2. Then the first mayor swing fault, I blocked it straight right when I was aiming for a draw into the wind.... result water & kpac win. The last draw I stirred kpac about bunting and he went with driver on the short 15... he smoked it. kpac was about 40m short on line with the green, my drive is pin high right of the bunkers. kpac 3 putts to my 2.

2 down on 16 tee. I pull the tee shot and short side myself kpac hits the green. my ball sits on the down slope of back side of the bunker. I cann't hold the green with my next and chip back on and tap in for a 4. kpac closes the door with a 2 putt.

Sad to lose the match but happy to lose shooting under my hcp and didn't throw it away completely.

Welcome to 12 or 13 kpac.

AndyP
16th March 2008, 05:43 PM
The ginger assassin lives another day. He has become a bunter very sad.Too much time spent with that 69er prick, if you ask me.

3oneday
16th March 2008, 05:50 PM
In stupid moment kicked my putter..... in the process bending the shaft.

Sad to lose the match but happy to lose shooting under my hcp and didn't throw it away completely.what did you putt with ?

;)

TS
16th March 2008, 07:02 PM
If you kick the putter and bent the shaft, you are not allow to use that putter during the match anymore.

shazza_rs
16th March 2008, 07:05 PM
TS and 3oneday... if you bothered to read the whole post.... i convinced him that it wasn't bent.... which it wasn't.... it was all in his head.

Moe Norman
16th March 2008, 07:08 PM
^what he said^

TS
16th March 2008, 07:11 PM
TS and 3oneday... if you bothered to read the whole post.... i convinced him that it wasn't bent.... which it wasn't.... it was all in his head.

Shaz. What you think doesn't matter. If Pete think the putter is bent, he can't use it.

shazza_rs
16th March 2008, 07:12 PM
it was in pete's head, cuz he placed it against the pole of the tee marker(sign) and it was square.

He just convinced himself that it was bent.

PeteyD
16th March 2008, 07:16 PM
So you can't use the putter if you bend the shaft in a deliberate attack on it ?

Grunt
16th March 2008, 07:20 PM
Nope Pete.

shazza_rs
16th March 2008, 07:20 PM
you can't use any club if the playing characteristics of the club change during the round either deliberate or accidentally.

PeteyD
16th March 2008, 07:24 PM
but you are allowed to repair a club.

miro
16th March 2008, 07:47 PM
Only if you damage it accidentally which clearly was not the case.

3oneday
16th March 2008, 07:47 PM
TS and 3oneday... if you bothered to read the whole post....i did ;)

shazza_rs
16th March 2008, 07:50 PM
i know 3oneday... you were just being a shit stirrer... :)

3oneday
16th March 2008, 07:53 PM
i know 3oneday... you were just being a shit stirrer... :)
never....

:)

goughy
16th March 2008, 08:29 PM
I reckon the shit-stirring attacks would lessen if you didn't defend pete so much shazz. I actually think people are having a go at you rather than pete. Pete is just the avenue.

shazza_rs
16th March 2008, 08:33 PM
i get attacked either way goughy.... if i defend him i get the 'oh you are just coming to the rescue'... if i don't defend him they just lay it on him even thicker....

It gets a bit tiresome.

markTHEblake
16th March 2008, 08:53 PM
you can't use any club if the playing characteristics of the club change during the round either deliberate or accidentally.

not right Shazza. if club is damaged or changed whilst playing a stroke, you can continue using the club in that round.

If you bend it having a sooky, you cannot.

3oneday
16th March 2008, 09:24 PM
I reckon the shit-stirring attacks would lessen if you didn't defend pete so much shazz.not true ;)

kpac
17th March 2008, 07:03 AM
Well to get back to topic.

It wasn't easy early. Pete carved up 1 & 2 with birdies and par was enough for his win on 4. At that point it was just a case of hanging in, i got lucky on the next missing the water just. Was a close few hole and then i got on a little trot which i needed. At the tee at 12 i was in a good spot but missed a gettable putt. On 13 i over cooked some shot shape into the trees, Pete knocked home 3m par to get another back and all of a sudden the game was back on. Pete's block on the 14th was what i needed to steady the ship. Had a bit of a closing problem on the next - and my sentiments were expressed at the time - "the gate's swinging but i cant kick the "darn thing" closed. Managed to get there at 3&2 with a par.

The "bunt" was relieved it's duties on the next. - it''s hardly a "bunt" should be called low little fade, 69'r can keep his "bunt".

Scored pretty handy in the end aswell - didn't really realise until pete let us know just before the turn - That jibe must have worked because i didn't score aswell on the back.

Cheers to the playing partners - was an enjoyable round - thanks pete - i had to play well under cap to get over the line mate.

Rightio DC let's go.

kpac
17th March 2008, 07:05 AM
just read that pete has already done the match wind-up.
Just as a note i did not modify any of my clubs during the round ;)

3oneday
17th March 2008, 07:44 AM
:lol: :lol:

peter_rs
17th March 2008, 12:51 PM
No but lose the OOB stake you carry in your bag ;)