PDA

View Full Version : New Face

SuspectInOz
11th March 2008, 03:39 PM
Ok, just found you guys (and gals), via the Inside Social Golf article. I've been residing online in ISG for awhile, don't jump all over me just yet, I'm just using all possible avenues to discuss and read about golf and golf related things. And ISG is not that bad.

It looks like you got a good thing going here and I'm looking forward to seeing what makes things tick in OzGolf.

I live in the Illawarra region and I'm a member of Kiama Golf Club, used to play a lot of golf in Ireland, but since moving here have let it drop off. But since last Sept I've got back on the horse, and on my way to being a Pro (I've got a good imagination LOL)

Anyway, hope to contribute some to the forum and maybe even see some people out on the actual fairways.

Stay well

Grunt
11th March 2008, 03:42 PM
Welcome Suspect

Nice to have another NSWelsman here. Might be able to tempt a few of us down there for a hit one day, maybe.

AndyP
11th March 2008, 03:47 PM
Hi SIO. It's good to see someone else come on board from the article. I mustn't have come across as too big of a dickhead. :mrgreen:

PeteyD
11th March 2008, 03:51 PM
You'll soon fix that impression AP. Welcome.

Eag's
11th March 2008, 03:51 PM
Hi SIO. It's good to see someone else come on board from the article. I mustn't have come across as too big of a dickhead. :mrgreen:

Give him time mate he will soon learn otherwise :razz: ;)
Oh and welcome SIO :smt023

3oneday
11th March 2008, 03:55 PM
Stay wellis that like enjoy !!!

Welcome :)

Jarro
11th March 2008, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the madhouse :p

Who said we don't like ISG anyway ?

;)

SuspectInOz
11th March 2008, 04:08 PM
is that like enjoy !!!

Welcome :)

I guess so :lol:

Thanks for all the welcomes

Courty
11th March 2008, 05:46 PM
Hi Sus,

Welcome aboard. 8)

jaybam
11th March 2008, 05:55 PM
welcome to ozgolf. Good Luck :)

just
11th March 2008, 06:07 PM
Kiama,
How ****en nice is it down that neck of the woods.
I make the occasional trip to Mollymook and love the drive down that way.
And best of all its close to Dapto for the dogs.
Welcome SIO!

Iain
11th March 2008, 06:22 PM
Welcome SIO, enjoy the stay!!

mikezone13
11th March 2008, 06:39 PM
Welcome, agree a trip down the coast would be a great idea, especially to play some of the tracks down that way with a "local" ;)

Which of the tracks around the 'Gong have you played and which do you rate?

SuspectInOz
12th March 2008, 09:14 AM
Welcome, agree a trip down the coast would be a great idea, especially to play some of the tracks down that way with a "local" ;)

Which of the tracks around the 'Gong have you played and which do you rate?

Maybe someday a South Coast OZGolf trip could be added to the calender. As for courses I've played down here, unfortunately not too many as yet. My home course of Kiama (which I love and hate in equal measure) short course but make sure you hit straight, Kembla Grange (easyish front 9, tough back 9), Jamberoo (great course, hard and enjoyable), Calderwood (great setting by the escarpement, course is not hard though), Vincentia (ages ago and don't really remember it)

On the list to play is Mollymook, Wollongong and Port Kembla.

Scottt
12th March 2008, 02:05 PM
Port kembla would be the #1 in the Illawarra, while Wollongong is still being done?

Kiama is a lovely course, my grandparents are members there, so I play with them there every so often. Tight and penal if you hit it in the wrong places, and generally quite lush.

SIO: ever driven the 10th green? I have once, but I was still on for three, if you get what I mean!

SuspectInOz
12th March 2008, 02:35 PM
SIO: ever driven the 10th green? I have once, but I was still on for three, if you get what I mean!

Not yet, all that water gets in the way :lol:

mikezone13
12th March 2008, 03:12 PM
How do you rate Shell Harbour/Shell Links or whatever it's called?

SuspectInOz
12th March 2008, 03:35 PM
How do you rate Shell Harbour/Shell Links or whatever it's called?

another one yet to play, I have heard reports that it can be tough and when the wind blows just forget about it. But then again they are calling it a links and playing the wind is just what it's about.

Grunt
12th March 2008, 03:44 PM
Have played it in a rediculous wind and it was tough.

Scottt
12th March 2008, 03:48 PM
What's the quality like at Shell Links? I noticed Golf Mart was giving away a game with any $100 purchase a while back and I figured it must have been struggling a bit...

Grunt
12th March 2008, 04:12 PM
If it handled the rain ok Scottt, I reckon it would be worth another look. I know that they have rebuilt alot of the bunkers.

mikezone13
12th March 2008, 08:18 PM
Tough tough greens when I played there, I hit the ball really really well, but the 44 or 45 putts let me down, I still broke 90, by one shot.

It wasn't just me on the greens, my mate had 41 putts as well.