PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Leon Treadwell Memorial Golf Day, Friday 3rd April

Pages : [1] 2

goughy
9th March 2008, 08:32 PM
2009 day is on! Same details as last year.

Wow, I have to check my email more often. Thanks for the heads up AP. This is a 4 a side ambrose open to those with and without hc's. 4 person teams with various prizes usual to these charity events.

Gonna try and attach the entry form.

11.30am shotgun start.

Rob said I can't make it small enough for an attachment. So anyway, if anyone is interested let me know and I'll forward the email on with the entry form.

markTHEblake
9th March 2008, 09:24 PM
Interested, send me.

goughy
9th March 2008, 09:29 PM
Got my group pretty much organised, 'Damian Black and the Music Trust' to kick butt on the day.

AndyP
9th March 2008, 10:40 PM
:(
I don't think it would be wise of me to ask the missus if I can take the day off work and play golf on our wedding anniversary, because it could make it my last.

If only this was another weekend, as we'll have a few missing in Tasmania too. Bummer!

markTHEblake
9th March 2008, 11:23 PM
I don't think it would be wise of me to ask the missus if I can take the day off work and play golf on our wedding anniversary, because it could make it my last.

Dont tell her. How hard can it be, golf doesnt take as long as work, just make sure you dont get sunburned, she would never know.

AndyP
9th March 2008, 11:54 PM
Not that easy in a single car family.

Iain
10th March 2008, 12:01 AM
I'll pick you up!! I'm keen for this, I've got that day off....

markTHEblake
10th March 2008, 12:21 AM
I'll pick you up!! I'm keen for this, I've got that day off....

You can pick us all up cant you?

BrisVegas
10th March 2008, 09:02 AM
If only this was another weekend, as we'll have a few missing in Tasmania too. Bummer!

Yes, I would gladly have taken a day off work for this. I've already given my apologies to Leah.

Jarro
10th March 2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah i'd like to make this too but can't due to work :(

I will pop in to say hello to Leon on Easter Monday though

Eag's
11th March 2008, 03:13 PM
Bummer, I will be down at Tassie with the boys :(

shazza_rs
11th March 2008, 05:39 PM
Bummer, I will be down at Tassie with the boys :(

ah hmm!!

Pete and i are also bummed to miss this.

jaybam
11th March 2008, 05:59 PM
Pardon my ignorance but can you tell me who Leon Treadwell was?? Also where is this game played could very well be another day off

Jarro
11th March 2008, 06:03 PM
Pardon my ignorance but can you tell me who Leon Treadwell was?? Also where is this game played could very well be another day off

Leon Treadwell (Jaster) was co-founder of OzGolf with Goughy.

He was a gun golfer (lefty) and a champion bloke as well.

Do a search for Jaster JB and read up on the great man :smt023

Eag's
11th March 2008, 06:11 PM
What they said ^^^^

jaybam
11th March 2008, 06:16 PM
Thank you for that Jarro.

goughy
11th March 2008, 06:40 PM
Was my best mate and had an unnatural ability with a golf club. Kills me he's not here but he was taken by cancer a little over a year ago.

I so wanted to do something like this myself, but my organisational skills and the year I've had I'd have had no chance. The owner of the Gladstone hotel up here was a friend of Leon's (Leah told me) and has got this going. I am stoked to see it running!

AndyP
11th March 2008, 07:34 PM
He's also the guy in the bucket hat in our memorial banner.
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/images/Banners/Tribute%20to%20Drunken%20&%20Jaster%20Banner.jpg

jaybam
11th March 2008, 08:05 PM
I had always wondered about that but didnt really think it was appropriate to ask but now have done some searching and reading up on the late Leon and Duncan. Seems like ozgolf has had its fair share of tradgedy.

goughy
12th March 2008, 07:47 PM
My group is booked and check sent!

1. Goughy (Machine to the band ;) )
2. Saxman
3. Flanno (wife of saxman and hot chicky babe for the group)
4. Big D

markTHEblake
12th March 2008, 11:29 PM
1. Goughy (Machine to the band )
2. Saxman
4. Big D

5. Blake

Surely we can make an effort for this? Seems easy for a whole bunch to fly to sydney for a day but something in our backyard is too hard. We need to have an official Ozgolf group playing, after all we are a part of Jasters life. I am in if we can get an Ozgolf four. I'll have to do some cunning organising for this, but why not, its worth it.

AndyP
12th March 2008, 11:40 PM
2. Saxman
4. Big D

5. Blake
6. AndyP (pencil)
7. Iain

Iain already indicated that he was keen. I'd assume if we had a few of us playing, he'd definitely be in.

I've been working on coming. I still have to sort a bit out before I can guarantee anything :?, including getting a day off work after already turning down a corporate golf day with the works.

Iain, if I play, I'll take you up on that offer of a lift thanks.

goughy
13th March 2008, 08:09 AM
I might be able to come up with a 4th for ya's. My BIL might play, although he'd rather be in my group but I can't do it. If you put an entry in anyway with a dummy same on it I'm sure something could be sorted out by the 4th.

I don't know how fast this will fill up, but entries close on the 1st.

AndyP
13th March 2008, 11:15 AM
jaybam indicated interest. I'd rather not put a dummy name in when you have to pay up front.

Iain
13th March 2008, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I'm in. I've got that day off. So no problems.

AndyP
16th March 2008, 08:44 PM
2. Saxman
4. Big D

5. Blake
6. AndyP
7. Iain
8. Someone please?

Come on, someone must want to come up and play this. We just need to complete the four, and we'll send our entry form in. (Can we send it in with 3 anyway?)

goughy, if we don't get a response here soon, can you ask your BIL? He has played with Iain and I before, so he can decide if it's worthwhile experiencing that again or not.

goughy
16th March 2008, 08:49 PM
I'll ask him tomorrow regardless; might send you guys the money anyway 'cause I want you guys to get up here somehow. Only a week to get the entry in!

I could ask Big D. He was prostituting a mate at his work who had that day off and was a hot golfer. He might like the game too.

jaybam
16th March 2008, 08:50 PM
Wheres it at and what time?? And how much am i looking at. Supposed to be doing ikea with the wife at some stage of that day and not sure on my chances of weasling out of it but is worth a try?

goughy
16th March 2008, 08:53 PM
Tell her it's for a good cause (not cause you wanna play golf). It's up at toowoomba and tee's off at 11.30am shotgun, so pretty much forget about your day. It's andyp's wedding anniversary so you could always say you're not being as bad as him! ;)

You know you wanna. Might even be able to get a lift up here with the guys. Carpooling is the way to go for the distance games.

It's $30 and 4 man ambrose. The head of the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation has all the carts booked for that day, so I'm hoping we all get 'em.

AndyP
16th March 2008, 08:54 PM
11:30a Shotgun start at Toowoomba City Golf Club (PITA time if you ask me). It's 4 man ambrose and the cost is $30 per person. And entries close on April 1, despite goughy saying one week.
Of course, we do like to be organised here at OZgolf.

AndyP
16th March 2008, 08:55 PM
Wait a sec, jaybam, you're going to Ikea next Thursday and April 4? Or is the standard unavailable line you pull out? ;)

jaybam
16th March 2008, 08:56 PM
Will work on her tonight and let you know tomorrow but not holding my breath. Will give it a go though im sure theres something nice for her to do in toowoomba :)

jaybam
16th March 2008, 08:57 PM
sorry my bad i thought it was this thursday
i have an rdo my bad i didnt even look at the dates. Will see if i can get the day off work when i go in tommorrow
if i can do that count me in :) as before will let you know if i can get day off

goughy
16th March 2008, 09:00 PM
The cob and co museum would probably be open, and there's alway the local watering hole (council pool will be full, as long as that water main up the street is still leaking!)

AndyP
17th March 2008, 09:17 PM
sorry my bad i thought it was this thursday
i have an rdo my bad i didnt even look at the dates. Will see if i can get the day off work when i go in tommorrow
if i can do that count me in :) as before will let you know if i can get day off
*bump*

goughy
17th March 2008, 09:18 PM
My BIL won't be able to ply.

jaybam
17th March 2008, 09:27 PM
Put in the RDO request and will have an answer tomorrow. Got holidays the following week so not holding my breath. :(

markTHEblake
18th March 2008, 12:36 AM
gee, we really need to have a proper Ozgolf team for this to fly the flag.

are we pooling with Iain? is he taking his own car or one of the work vehicles?

goughy
18th March 2008, 07:52 AM
It takes 4 hours for the train to get here from brisbane.

If jb can't make it, I will chuck ya's the extra 30 to get the nomination in and it gives time to find a 4th. If not, I might have to play in two groups!!

Iain
18th March 2008, 10:58 AM
gee, we really need to have a proper Ozgolf team for this to fly the flag.

are we pooling with Iain? is he taking his own car or one of the work vehicles?

Good on ya Blake, they don't give work cars to drivers.... :roll:

I might be able to fit 3 people in, but 4 is no chance, it's only a 3 after all....

AndyP
18th March 2008, 11:38 AM
Good on ya Blake, they don't give work cars to drivers.... :roll:

I might be able to fit 3 people in, but 4 is no chance, it's only a 3 after all....
Looks like I'll be able to take a work car instead, Iain. So if you can get to my place, we'll go from there, or I can pick you up if you're really want.

Iain
18th March 2008, 11:40 AM
Looks like I'll be able to take a work car instead, Iain. So if you can get to my place, we'll go from there, or I can pick you up if you're really want.

Sweet, that'll be no problems getting to yours.

AndyP
18th March 2008, 12:30 PM
Are you taking jaybam's pencilled spot with a pencil? Is that ethical?

poidda
18th March 2008, 01:01 PM
I thought jaybams lead had broken and was struggling to find a sharpener.
But I'm happy to give the lad first refusal on the spot.

Carpooling would be easier with a couple from the goldie though!

AndyP
18th March 2008, 02:40 PM
You haven't been accepted yet. What would you be bringing to the team? Will the bunt be useful around City GC?

dc68
18th March 2008, 03:02 PM
I have some very nice logo golf balls from The Cut. Although the black permanant marker has been used to add in a letter.

I have seen these. Top Texta job on them too.

poidda
18th March 2008, 03:40 PM
I have seen these. Top Texta job on them too.

I'd forgoten how hard pinnacal balls are.

shazza_rs
18th March 2008, 05:25 PM
Oh and they aint seen water in a while at City so the fairways will be a bunt haven...tons of run..and fun...

What makes you think they haven't had rain.... they've had plenty in the last couple of months, much the same as brisbane.

jaybam
18th March 2008, 05:32 PM
Mate i have no chance of getting day off so 69 can take the spot.

Jarro
18th March 2008, 05:49 PM
Take some pics from the day please folks ... i'm sure we could make a new banner out of some of them

goughy
18th March 2008, 06:16 PM
City GC has nothing to do with booking this. You send the entry form to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation. They just have the course booked and all the buggies booked for the arvo.

markTHEblake
18th March 2008, 08:09 PM
Good on ya Blake, they don't give work cars to drivers.... :roll:I might be able to fit 3 people in, but 4 is no chance, it's only a 3 after all....

I thought those things you drive carry at least 60 ?

Iain
19th March 2008, 11:36 AM
You organise some track and overhead to be laid to the course, and I'll see what I can do about getting a train.....

AndyP
19th March 2008, 12:33 PM
City GC has nothing to do with booking this. You send the entry form to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation. They just have the course booked and all the buggies booked for the arvo.goughy, did you send a cheque? I don't use cheques, and I don't know if the others do.
The form says you can enter via fax, but how are you meant to pay then?

Here's the form, for one of us to fill in and send.

goughy
19th March 2008, 04:35 PM
I just sent the form to them with a cheque. Maybe give them a call.

goughy
19th March 2008, 04:51 PM
You can fax off the entry form and then ring them and pay by credit card they said. Ph 46166187.

They have a max of 33 groups, have 19 confirmed with another 6 on the way, so get in there :)

goughy
19th March 2008, 05:00 PM
Would anyone like to put in a donation to go to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation oncology unit in the name of ozgolf? If so put a donation through before the 4th april and it will be included. I'll kick it off with 50bucks.

Jarro
19th March 2008, 05:18 PM
Ok, i'm now pretty keen to play in this.

Where's the list of interested parties ?

goughy
19th March 2008, 05:23 PM
I think you'd need to start another group. AP, Iain, MTB adn g69 in one, and me and my band in another.

AndyP
19th March 2008, 05:47 PM
You can fax off the entry form and then ring them and pay by credit card they said. Ph 46166187.

They have a max of 33 groups, have 19 confirmed with another 6 on the way, so get in there :)
Any chance you could do this, 69 or mTb? I don't have access to a fax until Tuesday. Happy to transfer money across to your account now, or pay you back on the day.

Jarro
19th March 2008, 06:37 PM
I think you'd need to start another group. AP, Iain, MTB adn g69 in one, and me and my band in another.

Ok, no wuckers.

Anyone else wanna start another group ?

If not i'll just give it a miss.

markTHEblake
20th March 2008, 12:38 AM
Any chance you could do this, 69 or mTb? I don't have access to a fax until Tuesday. Happy to transfer money across to your account now, or pay you back on the day.

g69 is probably too busy taking photos of himself. I'll organise this.

AndyP
20th March 2008, 12:52 AM
Thank you. Let me know what I need to do.

Iain
20th March 2008, 10:18 AM
^^ What he said....

markTHEblake
29th March 2008, 04:17 PM
Have submitted entry form for Team Ozgolf

1. Golfer69 (captain)
2. Iain
3. Andyp
4. blake

No brown socks
Does everyone have an Ozgolf shirt or Hat?

Goughy what do you have left over - as we really should be kitted out in Ozgolf, considering we are representing what Jaster started. (and you, but it aint your day :-) )

markTHEblake
29th March 2008, 11:30 PM
checked the bank account, alright, which one of you bastards havent paid yet.

AndyP
29th March 2008, 11:33 PM
Surely you could figure that out since you asked us to put our names in the reference.

markTHEblake
29th March 2008, 11:41 PM
well i only got 3 payments so ..... wait never mind.

G69, as captain, you are responsible for the grog, the food, the carts and ultimately the behaviour of the members of your team.

AndyP
2nd April 2008, 09:52 AM
goughy told me yesterday that we won't as they pretty much all went to the sponsors, except for a few of them, which have apparently been allocated to the first groups to register.

Fingers crossed that we don't have to start on the 15th, 16th or something like that. I had a shotgun start for a pro-am there a few years ago that started on the 11th, so I had to do the 10th hole walk twice.

goughy
2nd April 2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, was told there were only a few carts left after the sponsors! I may get one in my group which I won't be surrendering! I may need it. Been home an awful lot this week; actually last 3 or 4 weeks.

markTHEblake
2nd April 2008, 08:02 PM
I faxed entry form on the weekend and gave them written authorisation to charge my credit card, but they havent tried to do that yet.

I'll try to remember to call them tomorrow.

goughy
3rd April 2008, 09:36 AM
Gonna be a fun day tomorrow! After 3 weeks of bronchitis and 3 courses of antibiotics I now have influenza! At least I'll be on the forum for today. I'm really really hoping we get one of those carts!

I used to love sick days, but now I'm boss they suck!

AndyP
3rd April 2008, 09:45 AM
Can you check that our name is on the sheet or whatever, goughy? That way I don't have to work out whether to believe Blake or not.

goughy
3rd April 2008, 09:56 AM
It's got nothing to do with the club! When I rang them about it at first they didn't really know what was happening as such. Just that all the carts were booked and something was on that afternoon.

It's all organised through the TMBA Hospital Foundation. I'll give them a call!

goughy
3rd April 2008, 10:02 AM
They're checking on it now and will be calling me back.

goughy
3rd April 2008, 10:03 AM
Don't know what the story is with the payment, but you guys are definitely down to play tomorrow!

goughy
3rd April 2008, 11:07 AM
13th isn't much more of a walk than the 11th at least.

And don't take my cart or I'll shoot ya, or puke on your shoes, whichever comes first!

Who did you speak to, Cordiner?

markTHEblake
3rd April 2008, 11:25 AM
Gee Goughy, didnt ya trust me to ring up meself..... :-)

Our team is on the timesheet, they were just slack about getting my money.

We are hitting off on 13B, which is really good as we dont have to rush to get there :lol:

G69, as you are captain, you can ferry us out there in the pulsar, right?

goughy
3rd April 2008, 11:25 AM
I'm guessing the 2nd is going to par 4 further up the hill in that vacant space, the 7th is going longer par 4. But what could they do to the 15th? It's a good short tough 3.

I think I know the guy you're talking about? Dark hair?

AndyP
3rd April 2008, 11:26 AM
g69, maybe I can get a photo of you and Blake getting cozy together in the cart, so you can replace your signature.

Iain
3rd April 2008, 05:23 PM
Maybe I should draw them so as it's a fair choice....

And that way you'll definitely get Blake!!!

Jarro
3rd April 2008, 05:30 PM
Maybe I should draw them so as it's a fair choice....

And that way you'll definitely get Blake!!!

..and you can get Andeepee :smt060

markTHEblake
3rd April 2008, 07:33 PM
You can fight over the cart between the 3 of ya's, and make sure you keep up.

now i cant help thinking i was supposed to bring something to toowoomba for someone?

I know i am finally gunna get my shorts back from Jarro.

goughy
3rd April 2008, 08:34 PM
When I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago they said that my group had the last cart. You better not have taken that one g-man, or I won't be responsible for my actions!

A grown man crying is just not a pretty sight ;)

Iain
3rd April 2008, 08:42 PM
When I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago they said that my group had the last cart. You better not have taken that one g-man, or I won't be responsible for my actions!

A grown man crying is just not a pretty sight ;)

Man up Ladybug....

Iain
3rd April 2008, 08:42 PM
..and you can get Andeepee :smt060

But I've already got the whole trip out there with him... :lol:

AndyP
3rd April 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm just putting a nice mixed tape together for the trip. ;)

goughy
3rd April 2008, 08:52 PM
How much Flock of Seagulls can one man take!

goughy
4th April 2008, 08:03 AM
So, this morning Jasmine takes a look at me and says, 'what's that rash all over your face daddy?'.

So I check it out and my face, neck and some of my chest are covered in little red spots!

Great! Will be trying to get to a doctor early this morning, and I don't know if I'll be playing golf now...

AndyP
4th April 2008, 08:44 AM
Either way, you can stay the hell away from me.

Hope it's nothing too bad.

goughy
4th April 2008, 08:55 AM
Most likely chicken pox. I've never had it and it's going around Kyans kindy atm.

Don't know yet if I'm gonna be there of not. Can't live with myself if I don't!

Grunt
4th April 2008, 09:11 AM
Bummer Goughy, am glad I got it as a kid as it went thru Tayla's childcare a few times when she was there.

Iain
4th April 2008, 09:11 AM
I've never had it either....

So stay away from me too!!!

goughy
4th April 2008, 09:19 AM
No kisses?

Iain
4th April 2008, 09:29 AM
Sorry, not drinking rum....

AndyP
4th April 2008, 09:53 AM
Another here who hasn't had it, but since having the kids I've been vaccinated, which isn't guaranteed of stopping it.

AndyP
4th April 2008, 09:16 PM
That was a great day!

And to top it off the OZgolf.net team won the prize, a blender each, for best gross with a 58 (12 under) [we would have been 3rd in nett too with 53 3/8]. We also (with Blakey's shot) picked up the pin prize, 12 James Squire beer glasses, for the 15th hole.

Over $5000 raised for a good cause too.

I just walked in the door at home, and still have a bit of driving to do, so will post more on the day later.

goughy
4th April 2008, 09:21 PM
So, thanks for coming up guys. So stoked that the Ozgolf guys picked up the best gross score for the day, 12 under par! Must have been blitzing it!

Had a ball, which if you see the pic g69 took of me will have you wondering why I was even there. Feeling great atm!

And to the Golfer69, who showed the highest of ozgolf spirit and surrendered his cart to me today. I would never have made it around without it! I owe you big, and you know it :)

It was a good day which I believe will be an annual event. No date for next year is set, but I'll keep on them so we have plenty of warning. And ozgolf will be sponsoring some prizes next year. That's a given!

goughy
4th April 2008, 10:16 PM
Oh, and AP. Remember that question you asked me as you were walking back down the 10th hole at the end? The one where you used the bad british accent? Well I can answer in the affirmative! :(

Iain
4th April 2008, 10:32 PM
Too much info Goughy..... :smt078

Thanks for the day everyone, was fun. Winning best gross was a surprise, thats for sure. But I guess we made enough putts!!

Courty
4th April 2008, 11:29 PM
Yay for OZgolf! :D

goughy
5th April 2008, 10:37 AM
Spotty's not feeling crash hot this morning and is damn itchy! Might not have been a great idea playing...

AndyP
5th April 2008, 10:45 AM
Our putting was where the birdies came from. We only got to the third putter twice in our first 10 holes. There were a few snakes that dropped in that lot too. Plenty of effective approaches too. ;)

Only twice did all four of us stuff up off the tee and we got away with par both times.

Like 69, I was stuffed and my legs were killing me by the end of the day. I spent four hours or more in the car on top of the golf round, but it was worth it. :D

Iain
5th April 2008, 11:02 AM
Spotty's not feeling crash hot this morning and is damn itchy! Might not have been a great idea playing...

Can imagine you aren't feeling too well!!

goughy
5th April 2008, 02:17 PM
Where's that photo anyway? Got 'em inside my mouth and on my tongue too! Little bastards... :(

Iain
5th April 2008, 02:26 PM
Nasty....

Iain
5th April 2008, 02:43 PM
Here are some photo's from yesterday, I didn't take too many though. Here's the link to the Album; Leon's Golf Day (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay)

http://lh6.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bsunKhisI/AAAAAAAAAL8/kYHuDrALbyM/s144/009.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185592306494966466)
Lot's of leg movement in this swing....
http://lh3.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bsu3KhitI/AAAAAAAAAME/7rCzYbkooJY/s144/013.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185592310789933778)
Maybe AP could borrow some of G69's leg movement!!
http://lh6.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_buCnKhiuI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/rS9Y2OJNG9I/s144/014.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185593749603977954)
Blakey was swinging well yesterday, picked up the NTP on 15
http://lh4.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bv-HKhizI/AAAAAAAAAM8/vOkSzv-btXY/s144/019.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185595871317822258)
The Ozgolf group in front of Leon's Banner
http://lh3.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bqa3KhioI/AAAAAAAAALY/kUY_u4MLed0/s144/005.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185589768169294466)
No idea what 69 is on about?!?!
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185592297905031842%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22htt p://lh4.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bsuHKhiqI/AAAAAAAAALs/68KLX0VIAi0/s144/007.JPG.jpg%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3Ehttp://lh4.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bsuHKhiqI/AAAAAAAAALs/68KLX0VIAi0/s144/007.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185592297905031842)
Should we frame this?? Blake and 69 together!!

Iain
5th April 2008, 02:48 PM
Here are a couple photo's that Leah sent through. They are also in the Album linked above.

http://lh6.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bv-nKhi0I/AAAAAAAAANE/75bxd6ubclY/s144/IMG_1635.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185595879907756866)
Leah in front of Jaster's Banner on the putting green
http://lh3.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bv_3Khi3I/AAAAAAAAANc/gXOK3-lukUo/s144/IMG_1648.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185595901382593394)
The Ozgolf group waiting on the 10th, as taken from the Clubhouse
http://lh3.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bw03Khi4I/AAAAAAAAANs/mtsPal6HpPY/s144/IMG_1655.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185596811915660162)
In the Clubhouse waiting for the presentations
http://lh5.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bv_XKhi2I/AAAAAAAAANU/caBkXe_nOtc/s144/022.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185595892792658786)
The Ozgolf crew with Leah, Brooke and Emily.

markTHEblake
6th April 2008, 12:05 AM
What a great day that was. I realise that Leon had a lot of friends, family, schoolmates, golf club mates playing as well as us, but because he was one of the founders of this website it just felt so right that we as Ozgolf played so well on the day, and we were not that far off getting the major prize - two shots.

Truly that was one of the best team efforts i have ever had the priviledge of being a part of.

The Unit hit some massive drives including a monster on our first (13th) as a guess easily over 300m.

Andyp made some spectacular putts, including 4 in row from the 18th to the 3rd (?) two of them had huge breaks on them, and were what you would describe as "pray for 2 putts"

Dick provided most of the entertainment, as a matter of a fact he was pretty good at nominating where his shots would end up, and also scrambled a couple of 10 footers as the last putter.

I nominated myself to putt first as i had been putting terrible for a while, and duly holed snakes on our 1st and 4th holes. But that was the end of me, cos i started thinking i was a good putter again.

We didnt use very many of Dicks or Andy's tee shots - maybe 2, but they contributed a lot by putting plenty of good ones into play, which made it much easier for Unit and I to be a bit agressive I reckon there was only 2 holes that we were longer than 100 out - and one of those was only 120 so thats where our strength was I reckon. The only putts we missed were short 10-15 footers so we were probably a bit stiff not to get more.

I only had 3 shanks, but they were on the driving range. Not sure if i should speak for the others.:lol:

Jarro
6th April 2008, 06:22 AM
Nice work gents, you've done OzGolf proud :smt023

Oh, and can somebody send Dick an OzGolf shirt :roll:

markTHEblake
6th April 2008, 06:37 AM
BTW how come the first bloke to leave the golf club didnt let his team mates know about the nice policeman taking photos at the bottom of the mountain?

He got a great shot of me, but i was sitting exactly on the limit, the car passing me on the right hand side was the one they wanted, but i would have blocked their view of the rego plate. I hope they are clever enough to work out the difference when more than one car in the photo.

Iain
6th April 2008, 12:07 PM
We were behind a truck that decided to pass another truck at 15km/h.... So not really a problem for us....

markTHEblake
6th April 2008, 04:45 PM
you gotta have rocks in your head to go over the limit around there. every time i have driven anywhere near toowoomba i have seen coppers. worst place i have seen for speed cameras i reckon

goughy
6th March 2009, 05:06 PM
OK guys, this is on again. Friday 3rd April, shotgun ambrose starting at 11:30am. I was sick as a dog last year but still made it around (thanks to G69's kind donation of his cart :)). Some of ya's have a title to defend!!

Jarro
6th March 2009, 05:13 PM
yeah i just got an email from Leah.

Count me in.

BrisVegas
6th March 2009, 05:14 PM
I'm in, pending leave passes from work & home.

Jarro
6th March 2009, 05:20 PM
1. jarro
2. BrisVegas

we could get a couple of teams in this surely ?

goughy
6th March 2009, 05:24 PM
I'll be with the same group as last year by the looks of it. They're keen to play again!

And surely you guys need to defend last year!

shazza_rs
6th March 2009, 05:28 PM
Pete and I are up in T-Ba that weekend so we will probably play. Will let you know soonish :)

goughy
6th March 2009, 05:38 PM
Probably easiest to organise a 4 and then print and fax off the entry form.

markTHEblake
6th March 2009, 06:14 PM
Do we keep the same champion team to defend ?

Thats a given isnt it!
Defending Champs,
Golfer69
Iain
Markb
Andyp

I am in.

Grunt
6th March 2009, 06:20 PM
Possible entry just have to work out transport to and from Brisbane. I would need to check fights in and out on the Friday. How late would someone leave Bne to make it up there in the morning and How late would a return to Brisbane from T-Ba be on the Friday night?

AndyP
6th March 2009, 08:37 PM
Why wouldn't you start a new thread for this? :?

goughy
6th March 2009, 09:58 PM
Too lazy! Was much quicker to do a search for the old thread, make a post, then go back and edit the first post, and then edit the first post again to change the title.

Much simpler than starting a new thread!! Do you want a new thread? I could start a new thread? I'll start a new thread! Do we all want a new thread?

jaybam
6th March 2009, 10:19 PM
A bit too much coffee tonight hey Goughy??

goughy
6th March 2009, 10:46 PM
Don't drink the stuff, not at all not an ounce!

Eag's
6th March 2009, 11:57 PM
I am a definate for this one, I will be coming off a Graveyard shift that morning so may need a lift, otherwise I could end up driving of a cliff :smt015 ;)

1. jarro
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's

Jarro
7th March 2009, 07:28 AM
I am a definate for this one, I will be coming off a Graveyard shift that morning so may need a lift, otherwise I could end up driving of a cliff :smt015 ;)

1. jarro
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's

No problems mate, plenty of room in the ute 8-)

Grunt
7th March 2009, 09:18 AM
How long a drive is it from Brisbane to Toowoomba?

goughy
7th March 2009, 09:25 AM
From airport I'd guess 2 hours?

Grunt
7th March 2009, 09:27 AM
Ok so I would be looking at making sure I am in BNE by 8:30-9 at the latest. And about 7-8pm at the earliest for return.

Jarro
7th March 2009, 09:39 AM
I'd come and pick you up Grunt, but i only have the Hi-Lux ute .... only room for two bums in the cab at one time :roll:

Grunt
7th March 2009, 09:45 AM
I will just have to see what the funds are like in the next few weeks. Hopefully it will work out ok. Flights out of bne yesterday were pretty full, I bumped a few staff out of business class upgrade as I was on duty travel. Might look at what Sat morning flights are like too.

Eag's
7th March 2009, 10:31 AM
No problems mate, plenty of room in the ute 8-)

Cheers Mark :smt023

Iain
7th March 2009, 01:14 PM
I'm in...

markTHEblake
7th March 2009, 06:43 PM
1. jarro
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Blake
5. Iain

peter_rs
8th March 2009, 07:34 PM
1. jarro
2. BrisVegas
3. Eag's
4. Blake
5. Iain
6. Peter_rs
7. Shazza_rs

I think Eag's may have to join team nudgee for the day :)

markTHEblake
8th March 2009, 08:17 PM
So who gets to Sub for Andyp in the Dream Team?

Iain
8th March 2009, 08:31 PM
So who gets to Sub for Andyp in the Dream Team?

Is Andy definitely out? :?

AndyP
8th March 2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah, am I? What did I do wrong last year? I thought I sank some great putts. Stuff ya, Blakey.

Iain
8th March 2009, 08:50 PM
You sank some awesome putts!!

markTHEblake
8th March 2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah, am I? What did I do wrong last year? I thought I sank some great putts. Stuff ya, Blakey.

Read back a few lines, i already said that the same team should be together again. But you hadnt nominated yet?

Lets face it, who else could putt as good as you did.

AndyP
8th March 2009, 09:11 PM
I was thinking about it. I can't really not play, but it's a tough time at the moment. Lucky it's for a good cause, so I'll make it happen.

Team One
1. Blake
2. Iain
3. g69 pencil
4. AndyP

5. jarro
6. BrisVegas
7. Eag's
8. Peter_rs
9. Shazza_rs

goughy
8th March 2009, 09:32 PM
I'm just checking my team from last year, but I think they all want to play again.

Baz
8th March 2009, 10:06 PM
Love to play, count me in

shazza_rs
8th March 2009, 10:11 PM
Team One
1. Blake
2. Iain
3. g69 pencil
4. AndyP

Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

Team 3
9. Brisvegas
10. Baz

Jarro
9th March 2009, 07:56 AM
Go Team Nudgee !!!!

:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
9th March 2009, 09:22 AM
how come i keep getting shunted down the list? :evil:

From this:-

1. jarro
2. BrisVegas

we could get a couple of teams in this surely ?

To this:-

Team One
1. Blake
2. Iain
3. g69 pencil
4. AndyP

Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

Team 3
9. Brisvegas
10. Baz

Iain
9th March 2009, 09:28 AM
You're not a Nudgee member??

markTHEblake
9th March 2009, 10:08 AM
how come i keep getting shunted down the list? :evil:

yeah, you have been hard done by. Surely many more are going to put their hand up for this?

dc68
9th March 2009, 12:07 PM
Team One
1. Blake
2. Iain
3. g69 pencil
4. AndyP

Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

Team 3
9. Brisvegas
10. Baz
11. Dc (pencil)

This will be 2 days after my redundancy is finalised so may be a chance.
All depends how quickly I can organise a new set of wheels or if I am able to bludge a lift.

BrisWesty
9th March 2009, 11:27 PM
Would love to be there but will be in Tassie instead.

Jarro
12th March 2009, 08:16 AM
A question for you guys that played in this last year ....

.. can you pay your entry fee upon arrival ? Or do you have to pay in advance ?

AndyP
12th March 2009, 08:31 AM
We payed in advance last year.

Jarro
12th March 2009, 08:55 AM
Ok thanks

Grunt
12th March 2009, 10:49 AM
Did it fill up last year?
Not sure if/when i will be able to say yes to this yet. Hopefully I can sort it all out.

sms316
12th March 2009, 11:00 AM
Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

Pete and Shaz had better play well. :razz:

shazza_rs
12th March 2009, 11:50 AM
I'm no chance :)

BrisVegas
12th March 2009, 12:19 PM
Team 3
9. Brisvegas
10. Baz
11. Dc (pencil)

This will be 2 days after my redundancy is finalised so may be a chance.
All depends how quickly I can organise a new set of wheels or if I am able to bludge a lift.

Is Team 3 gonna happen? I need to know soon to put a leave app in for work.

As for bumming a lift - dc, I can't help you there as our car will be in getting some panel damage fixed. :roll: I'll be looking to scab a ride from someone hopefully...

dc68
12th March 2009, 12:47 PM
IF I can get there I will definately play.

BrisVegas
12th March 2009, 01:33 PM
AndyP - can I call in that favour for a lift to Toowoomba??

dc68
12th March 2009, 01:57 PM
Bugger.... I am going to rule myself out now. I have Finn that weekend.

AndyP
12th March 2009, 03:05 PM
AndyP - can I call in that favour for a lift to Toowoomba??I'll see if the missus minds not having the car for the day.

BrisVegas
12th March 2009, 03:14 PM
I'll see if the missus minds not having the car for the day.

oh ok, how were you planning on getting there otherwise?

I can drive my old car, but it's pretty rough (as you would well know). The smell is gone now at least! :smt037

AndyP
12th March 2009, 05:15 PM
I haven't planned anything while away from home. I'll work it out this weekend and let you know.

markTHEblake
12th March 2009, 07:12 PM
Bv ifi its out of the way for others to pick you up. I could give you a lift, but likely i am not coming back until saturday.

peter_rs
13th March 2009, 11:42 AM
Anyone booked team nudgee?

peter_rs
13th March 2009, 01:52 PM
Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

ALL Booked and paid....

If it wasn't a Ambrose we could have played matchplay eags ;)

Jarro
13th March 2009, 05:28 PM
Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

ALL Booked and paid....

Thanks Mr and Mrs Ralph :mrgreen:

Eag's
13th March 2009, 05:58 PM
Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

ALL Booked and paid....

If it wasn't a Ambrose we could have played matchplay eags ;)

Cheers for that :smt023

BrisVegas
16th March 2009, 03:07 PM
I'm out.

goughy
16th March 2009, 06:27 PM
I checked today, 'cause I faxed my entry in too, and they said we could just pay on the day. So if you wanna fax an entry in you can and then fix it up on the day.

Grunt
16th March 2009, 09:01 PM
What time would I expect to get back to Brisbane Airport after playing? All is starting to fall into place for a smash and grab visit to QLD. I gather I have to get there by 8-8:30 to drive up to T'Ba and am just trying to work out the flight home.

PeteyD
16th March 2009, 09:18 PM
Pretty late.

Jarro
17th March 2009, 10:15 AM
Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

Are we all going to wear our OzGolf shirts ?

Might be a good idea 8)

Eag's
17th March 2009, 04:42 PM
Are we all going to wear our OzGolf shirts ?

Might be a good idea 8)

Yep sounds like a plan mate :smt023

AndyP
17th March 2009, 05:16 PM
We did the OZgolf shirt thing last year too, except 69er let the team down.

That was a great day!

And to top it off the OZgolf.net team won the prize, a blender each, for best gross with a 58 (12 under) [we would have been 3rd in nett too with 53 3/8]. We also (with Blakey's shot) picked up the pin prize, 12 James Squire beer glasses, for the 15th hole.

Over $5000 raised for a good cause too.
Holy shit! I had forgotten how good our score was. I'm starting an "I broke 60" thread right now.

http://lh5.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/R_bv_XKhi2I/AAAAAAAAANU/caBkXe_nOtc/s144/022.JPG.jpg (http://picasaweb.google.com.au/iain.schwartz/LeonSGolfDay/photo#5185595892792658786)
The Ozgolf crew with Leah, Brooke and Emily.There are more photos linked from clicking on the photo.

Iain
17th March 2009, 07:24 PM
Yes indeed, was a great day last year.....

So, G69, you in or what?

markTHEblake
17th March 2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks for postin the pics, it means i can make sure i dont wear the same clothes again as last year :oops:

We did the OZgolf shirt thing last year too, except 69er let the team down.

Is he gunna let us down this year or what, playing or not?

We can call in DC68 as a replacement, should be adequate enough. Needs to spend half the day on the phone and the other half looking for the shanked shots.

As a second thought, as opposed to keeping the same teams, we could do something completely different? Set up the two teams strategically (or more) so that one is playing for the gross and the other for the net? Or perhaps that is taking a fun day too seriously.

Jarro
18th March 2009, 06:33 PM
As a second thought, as opposed to keeping the same teams, we could do something completely different? Set up the two teams strategically (or more) so that one is playing for the gross and the other for the net? Or perhaps that is taking a fun day too seriously.

I wanna have fun Blakey ... no pressure please :roll:

Also, if it's OK with Eags, i'd like to go and pay my respects to Leon afterwards.

Would somebody be able to show me where i need to go to do that ?

Eag's
18th March 2009, 06:39 PM
I wanna have fun Blakey ... no pressure please :roll:

Also, if it's OK with Eags, i'd like to go and pay my respects to Leon afterwards.

Would somebody be able to show me where i need to go to do that ?

No worries Mark I would like to do the same.

goughy
18th March 2009, 07:46 PM
I'll take ya's!

Jarro
18th March 2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks G-man :)

peter_rs
19th March 2009, 09:01 AM
Thats booked in...

I have a best friend and two grand parents within about 20ms of Leon

Grunt
20th March 2009, 11:09 AM
Sorry Guys I am now out. :(

I have just got a mini promotion and am now working Tuesday's - Friday dayshifts starting next week. I was all set too.

Have a great day all.

markTHEblake
23rd March 2009, 09:14 PM
Team One
1. Blake
2. Iain
3. g69 pencil
4. AndyP

Team Nudgee
5. jarro
6. Eag's
7. Peter_rs
8. Shazza_rs

Team 3
10. Baz
11. Dc (pencil)

Golfer69. getting close for you to make the call? its only 11 days away.

Iain
23rd March 2009, 09:17 PM
Have we entered yet?

markTHEblake
23rd March 2009, 09:25 PM
No, Goughy, can you email me the application form please?

dc68
23rd March 2009, 10:25 PM
Once again I am out......Have been for about 3 weeks.

peter_rs
24th March 2009, 08:59 AM
MTB post 131

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2022&d=1236319595

AndyP
27th March 2009, 02:02 PM
Blakey, do you need any details for the form?

markTHEblake
27th March 2009, 06:53 PM
Yeah - a 4th name.

AndyP
27th March 2009, 11:58 PM
I. P. Freely

goughy
28th March 2009, 08:07 AM
My team is after a 4th now too, one of mine pulled out!

Grunt
28th March 2009, 08:09 AM
Would have loved to play Goughy, bloody work gets in the way. I will be actually in Brisbane on the day too. I am doing interviews at Brisbane airport.

BrisVegas
30th March 2009, 08:41 AM
if baz doesn't respond, I can possibly fill his/golfer69's spot. Need to know today though if possible, so I can put a leave app in for work.

markTHEblake
30th March 2009, 07:39 PM
Yes we do need a 4th! sorry for late response.

BrisVegas
30th March 2009, 08:28 PM
Yes we do need a 4th! sorry for late response.

does that mean i'm in as golfer69's sub? :?

markTHEblake
30th March 2009, 08:43 PM
I am filling out the form now, is Brisvegas one word or two?

BrisVegas
30th March 2009, 08:56 PM
two

markTHEblake
30th March 2009, 08:58 PM
Ok you are in, no response from G69 or Baz. I hope you are a good cover for him though?

am faxing the form now. we pay on the Day.

BrisVegas
30th March 2009, 09:04 PM
ok, cool.

Iain
30th March 2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks Blake....

Iain
30th March 2009, 10:05 PM
Sweet...

markTHEblake
31st March 2009, 12:38 AM
I am kinda trying to get a lift to Toowoomba - dont need a lift back, staying out there, the missus is coming that night or next day as well, seems a waste to have 2 cars.

But it doesn't seem like there is any option, i could catch a train up there somewhere?

BrisVegas
31st March 2009, 08:47 AM
I haven't worked out how I'm getting there yet. My wife needs the good car for the kids seats. Not sure if my old shitbox will get up the range any more. It's a last resort I guess.

I can get to Goodna Macca's for a pickup if someone would be so generous as to collect me..... Happy to chip in for fuel/food etc.

Iain
31st March 2009, 08:56 AM
As long as you (or Andy) don't mind being squashed into the back Dion, I should be able to pick you up.

BrisVegas
31st March 2009, 09:10 AM
thanks Iain. Let me know what time & where and I'll be there.

Ned
31st March 2009, 10:10 AM
As long as you (or Andy) don't mind being squashed into the back Dion, I should be able to pick you up.

Roof rack ?

goughy
31st March 2009, 06:45 PM
Got a free spot in my team if anyone else wants to come up!

markTHEblake
31st March 2009, 06:49 PM
Goughy, do you have a phone number that I can call to confirm the entry form was received? There isnt one on the entry form.

Oh, and are we going to have a bet with those Nudgee Clowns?

Jarro
31st March 2009, 08:43 PM
Goughy, do you have a phone number that I can call to confirm the entry form was received? There isnt one on the entry form.

Oh, and are we going to have a bet with those Nudgee Clowns?

Sounds good :)

I'll put money on Shazza being able to knock you down with a single punch Blakey :smt038

goughy
31st March 2009, 08:56 PM
You'd have to ring the Toowoomba Base Hospital and ask to be put through to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation which are running this!

markTHEblake
31st March 2009, 11:36 PM
I'll put money on Shazza being able to knock you down with a single punch Blakey :smt038

Thats not saying much, I'd be scared of fighting Pee Wee Herman.

markTHEblake
1st April 2009, 02:34 PM
I have confirmed all 3 teams entries into the event with the organisers and arranged the tee allocations so we are all within sledging distance of Jarro.

1st: Goughy's mob
18A: Nudgee mob
18B: Ozgolf champions

I can pay for all of ya's in one hit, just give me $50 each in cash on the day.

AndyP
1st April 2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks Blakey.

I get the feeling I'll putt nowhere near as well as I did last year.

goughy
1st April 2009, 03:03 PM
I'm liking my teams tee allocation!

Iain
1st April 2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks Blakey.

BrisVegas
1st April 2009, 03:35 PM
My team is after a 4th now too, one of mine pulled out!

do you still need a 4th goughy?

I could ask my Japanese homestay (Seishi) if you wanted a REALLY good 17hcap golfer to make up the numbers....

goughy
1st April 2009, 03:52 PM
Still missing one. We're pretty much trying our last resort today. I'll let you know.

BrisVegas
1st April 2009, 03:59 PM
text me tonight if you want me to ask Seishi.

markTHEblake
1st April 2009, 07:20 PM
I'm liking my teams tee allocation!

The 17th is free, I was very tempted to move you there.

goughy
1st April 2009, 07:21 PM
text me tonight if you want me to ask Seishi.

Thanks Vegas, I rang the team and one is bringing his son to play now. Thanks anyway!

shazza_rs
1st April 2009, 10:11 PM
Blakey... the nudgee group is all paid up.

Jarro
2nd April 2009, 05:46 AM
Looks like it's going to be crappy weather tomorrow too :(

goughy
2nd April 2009, 08:09 AM
I play one game in 6 months and I'm gonna get wet! Welcome to golf :)

BrisVegas
2nd April 2009, 08:16 AM
you should play more goughy.

markTHEblake
2nd April 2009, 09:12 AM
So its all Goughys fault!

AndyP
2nd April 2009, 10:19 AM
Golf is bad enough as it is, without having to put up with rain.

Eag's
2nd April 2009, 12:01 PM
The forecast for Toowoomba is looking bleak :(

Iain
2nd April 2009, 12:02 PM
Crap....

AndyP
2nd April 2009, 12:28 PM
Maybe I should head down to Rebel Sport and see what they have in the way of golf shoes. :roll:

BrisVegas
2nd April 2009, 01:03 PM
Maybe I should head down to Rebel Sport and see what they have in the way of golf shoes. :roll:

what size are you andy? I've got a few pairs lying around...

AndyP
2nd April 2009, 01:59 PM
Anything in a brown, or a beige, or a fawn ?That's so 2007.

what size are you andy? I've got a few pairs lying around...US, Europe or Oz? I could stuff this up.
Oz - 9-9.5
US - 10-10.5
Europe - 43-44

I was just going to wear my old runners, since I don't want my new ones wet with a race on the weekend.

BrisVegas
2nd April 2009, 02:02 PM
I've got a couple of pairs (black & white/brown) of Dryjoy PROs in oz 10.5 / us 11.5 but if you wear an extra pair of socks they will get you out of trouble if you want. I can bring em along and see what you think. You and Iain are picking me up somewhere yeah?

Iain
2nd April 2009, 02:03 PM
I've got a pair of size 13's you could borrow?!!

Dion, you only have a stand bag right?? Pick you up about 9:30 at Goodna Macca's?

BrisVegas
2nd April 2009, 02:06 PM
9:30 - goodna maccas. sounds good, thanks.

yes, just a lightweight standbag.

AndyP
2nd April 2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks Dion. I usually have some spare socks in the bag, so I'll double check tonight. I've only been caught out by the rain a couple of times.
I should probably put shoe shopping higher on my priority list since I have a few games over the next few weeks.

markTHEblake
2nd April 2009, 03:28 PM
The weather in toowoomba is looking a lot more attractive than down here.
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/qld/darling-downs/toowoomba

andyp. i might have a pair of golf shoes that are too big for me, by about 1 size. i have always been meaning to offload them. i'll check tonight

Eag's
2nd April 2009, 04:06 PM
Hopefully Goughy will give us an update on the weather scene localy?

goughy
2nd April 2009, 07:35 PM
Wouldn't say it was hammering today, but it was that shitty sideways stuff and windy. But it could blow over comfortably! We'll have to see in the morning.

Grunt
2nd April 2009, 07:41 PM
Have a great day all, wish I could have made it up there.
Weird part is I will actually be flying up and back on the flights I had planned on taking as I am up in Brisbane conducting Job interviews tomorrow.

Iain
3rd April 2009, 07:18 AM
How the weather??

Jarro
3rd April 2009, 07:19 AM
Looks pretty clear on the BOM radar ?

Pete and Shaz ventured up the mountain last night, i'm awaiting an SMS from then to tell me the pitch conditions

AndyP
3rd April 2009, 07:55 AM
The radar has the 'Woom looking drier than us, and the prediction is slightly better.

goughy
3rd April 2009, 08:00 AM
It's that misty, foggy sort of weather that seems to break into a sunny day by about 9am. But what would I know.

Tried ringing the club just to be sure but no one there yet!

peter_rs
3rd April 2009, 09:05 AM
The club said the course is in play. No mist and the fog is lifting from the west.

Bruce
3rd April 2009, 09:08 AM
All the best for everyone today.

Jarro
3rd April 2009, 09:11 AM
Should be a good day, i'm looking forward to it :)

Eag's
3rd April 2009, 09:13 AM
Yep all ready to go when you are Mark 8-)