PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Hosel depth of a 510TP head

moree golfer
7th March 2008, 04:03 PM
As there are so many proud owners of 510TP's on this forum I am putting a call out to those who might have an inkling as to the depth within the hosel of this particular club. Why you may ask? I resorted to cutting the current shaft off with a hacksaw and am drilling out the old shaft in order to prep it for a used Speeder 757 to install in it's place. Trouble is I have got 2 3/8" deep and the drill doesn't want to go any further but it seems a little shallow. How does one know how deep to go as I am worried about drilling right through into the hollow head?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

perci
7th March 2008, 04:07 PM
Should be around an inch and a quarter.

Jarro
7th March 2008, 04:13 PM
Nice avatar Perc ;)

moree golfer
7th March 2008, 04:16 PM
Thanks perci. I just looked at my ruler and realised that I must be reading my depth gauge wrong as 2 3/8" on my ruler looks a lot deeper than my depth gauge measured. Any tips on getting the inside bottom of the hosel flat, the drill bit doesn't get it out?

perci
7th March 2008, 04:21 PM
Be careful there is a little plastic plug in the bottom of the hosel and you dont want to push it through into the head.

Grunt
7th March 2008, 06:03 PM
get a nice rattle if you do knock the plug out.

moree golfer
7th March 2008, 09:55 PM
I checked the depth when i got home and it is less than 1 inch at present so I expect I will need to drill some more although the drill bit doesn't seem to want to go any further.

perci
7th March 2008, 10:17 PM
Nice avatar Perc ;)

Thanks mate!

markTHEblake
7th March 2008, 11:59 PM
Perci has never been so good lookin

3oneday
8th March 2008, 05:58 AM
Don't they sell heat guns in Moree ???

:lol:

moree golfer
11th March 2008, 09:29 AM
Don't they sell heat guns in Moree ???

:lol:
I think I will have to buy one! the butane torch might be hotter but is a bugger to use. The butane torch I bought runs out of gas pretty quickly and I don't think the heat is sufficient.

3oneday
11th March 2008, 09:49 AM
$40 for one that goes 300° or 500°, maybe cheaper.

virge666
11th March 2008, 01:26 PM
I think I will have to buy one! the butane torch might be hotter but is a bugger to use. The butane torch I bought runs out of gas pretty quickly and I don't think the heat is sufficient.

Butane is more than sufficient - just keep it moving around.

You can also use one of those big blue ones with the nozzle on top . . . can't remember what is in them - but I use that in the workshop all day.

For a flat edge grab another drill and grind it flat on the top. Perfect for cleaning hosles.

You can also grab a 9mm pistol bore cleaner for $5 somewhere. In fact Horsley Park gun shop has them for $2 in the bin out front - grab a few and get them to post them to you.

Enjoy