PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast Swing - Caboolture Monday 8th November 9.15a

markTHEblake
20th October 2004, 10:07 AM
Headland GC - Buderim, Monday 8th November. 9.47am
www.headlandgolfclub.com.au

http://www.headlandgolfclub.com.au/database/site/pics/l1_jpg.jpg

after the hills of Nambour you will be glad you played Horton Park in between these two courses.

The Competition is the "Monday Club" who plays different sunshine coast courses each week, and therefore the green fee is always concessional.

Time is between 11.00 and 12.30
Time sheet out now, plenty of spots.
Inclusive fee is $20.

The usual drill, add name and handicap to the list, i will book a time when some interest is shown.

MarktheBlake (5)

amanda
20th October 2004, 11:38 AM
MarktheBlake (5)
Amanda (21)
Brad (20)

AndyP
20th October 2004, 12:19 PM
Don't know about this one. :?
I usually have other sport commitments in the evening in Brisbane, plus I would need to ask for leave.
Need to consult missus on this one. :smt079

MarktheBlake (5)
Amanda (21)
Brad (20)
AndyP (14)

markTHEblake
25th October 2004, 11:10 PM
Bit of trouble getting your 3rd day in a row leave pass AndyP?
I told my good lady about that tonight (note: 'told' not 'ask'), and no problems at all. Should heal by next weekend.

I will book this on the timesheet tomorrow.

AndyP
26th October 2004, 06:07 AM
:smt016

MarktheBlake (5)
Amanda (21)
Brad (20)
AndyP (14)

Had to organise getting the night off tennis as well.

I'll put my name down even though I haven't asked for leave yet. Shouldn't be a problem though.
(I would put my brother's name down as well, but I don't want to break up our foursome)

markTHEblake
26th October 2004, 11:17 AM
Sorry, about this, but I just had this sudden fear that the Monday Club is a male only group. Rang up and checked and it certainly is - so we as a group cannot play in this competition.

Given i have already suffered damage as a result of taking 3 days for golf, might as well not give it up - shall we look at any other options?

There is always Headland earlier in the AM, or any other like Tewantin, Caloundra, Beerwah, Caboolture, Bribie, Mt Coolum, or quaint 9 holers like Cooroy, Noosa Valley.

AndyP
26th October 2004, 11:24 AM
There is always Headland earlier in the AM, or any other like Tewantin, Caloundra, Beerwah, Caboolture, Bribie, Mt Coolum, or quaint 9 holers like Cooroy, Noosa Valley.
I'll let amanda choose, but I will say that Bribie is an hours drive away.

amanda
26th October 2004, 01:26 PM
I'll let amanda choose, but I will say that Bribie is an hours drive away.
I have no idea guys - just pick somewhere that isn't going to be overly difficult but has enough grass on the fairways.

AndyP
26th October 2004, 01:46 PM
Fine.
I nominate Caboolture.

I enjoyed the course earlier this year, and wouldn't mind having another hit there (without a killer of a hangover).

It may also tempt a couple of the Brisbane guys to play, because it is closer.

I get the feeling they have a really good green fee deal on the Mondays too. :?

amanda
26th October 2004, 01:56 PM
AndyP - Caboolture may be too far for us to go - I didn't realise it was in Brisbane! Let me have a look at the others on that list....

AndyP
26th October 2004, 02:09 PM
AndyP - Caboolture may be too far for us to go - I didn't realise it was in Brisbane! Let me have a look at the others on that list....
It's not Brisbane, it is closer than Northlakes.
But choose whichever you want, I'm hosting Saturday, Blakey on Sunday, Monday it is your turn. ;)

amanda
26th October 2004, 02:10 PM
Ok - my vote is for Mt Coolum - mainly on looks - those mountains look like a spectacular backdrop.

AndyP
26th October 2004, 02:13 PM
Ok - my vote is for Mt Coolum - mainly on looks - those mountains look like a spectacular backdrop.
Just don't play too slow there or you will get abused like my wife did. :x

As close as you are going to get to the Hyatt, without paying the big fees.

Where were you looking at the courses? You weren't using links from the "other" forum were you? [-X :mrgreen:

amanda
26th October 2004, 02:21 PM
AndyP - I am definitely NOT a slow golfer :) I used the Sunshine Coast Tourism's website to look at the names Blakey suggested as well as Google searches.

markTHEblake
26th October 2004, 07:17 PM
Mt Coolum it is then. ummm I am flat out tomorrow, can you make the call Andy?

Not too early, my humble host is a red wine sponge and mornings will be a bit blurry.

AndyP
26th October 2004, 07:22 PM
Mt Coolum it is then. ummm I am flat out tomorrow, can you make the call Andy?

Not too early, my humble host is a red wine sponge and mornings will be a bit blurry.
I don't know what your "too early" is?
Give me a ball-park time.
Same for you amanda.

markTHEblake
26th October 2004, 07:37 PM
not before 8am. mid morning is preferred so i can get through brisbane before the traffic jams start.

amanda
26th October 2004, 07:48 PM
Mid morning is fine with me too Andy - thanks for doing the booking.

AndyP
27th October 2004, 08:34 AM
Monday is Veterans Day at Mt Coolum, so we wouldn't be able to get on until the afternoon.

Next pick, Mandy?

amanda
27th October 2004, 01:45 PM
Any chance of getting on at Headland around the 9-10am mark?

My next choice after that would be Caloundra (mainly coz it's close!)

If not - then Caboolture it will have to be

AndyP
27th October 2004, 02:26 PM
Any chance of getting on at Headland around the 9-10am mark?

Booked a tee-time for 9:47am at Headland.
There is a tee-time available just before it, if we require it.

amanda
27th October 2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks AndyP! :D

Will you be staying up on the Sunshine Coast or driving from Brissie each day?

AndyP
27th October 2004, 03:39 PM
Will you be staying up on the Sunshine Coast or driving from Brissie each day?
Driving each day would be madness.

I will be staying at the outlaws in Mooloolaba (pretty close to Headland course actually). That's how I can get away with playing three days of golf in a row, with the missus.

AndyP
4th November 2004, 01:18 PM
I have just been told that Headland have cored their greens this week. Front nine on Monday/Tuesday, and the back nine today.

I suggest we go somewhere else to enhance our golfing experience.

In fact, I'll make an executive decision and ring Caloundra.

AndyP
4th November 2004, 01:51 PM
Caloundra GC is closed on Monday until 11am. Why? They are coring their greens. :roll:

So we either stay at Headland or go to Beerwah or Caboolture maybe. :?
What are your thoughts, Amanda?

amanda
4th November 2004, 03:29 PM
Hi Andy - you pick - I don't mind.

CobraSS
4th November 2004, 03:53 PM
Caloundra GC is closed on Monday until 11am. Why? They are coring their greens. :roll:

So we either stay at Headland or go to Beerwah or Caboolture maybe. :?
What are your thoughts, Amanda?

Or go to Woodford, you'll be glad you did. 8)

CobraSS
4th November 2004, 03:56 PM
woodford ph num 54961004

AndyP
4th November 2004, 04:03 PM
woodford ph num 54961004
There was already concerns about the distance to drive to Caboolture. :?

Will you be hosting us?

CobraSS
4th November 2004, 04:05 PM
:roll:

hosting, no sadly I have too work. :(

AndyP
4th November 2004, 04:15 PM
:roll:

hosting, no sadly I have too work. :(
Bah, that's what leave or sickies are for.

I am seriously considering Woodford though. :-k

AndyP
4th November 2004, 04:50 PM
I have called Woodford, Beerwah and Caboolture.

Beerwah is out, as they have a Veterans comp.
At Caboolture or Woodford, we can turn up whenever we want. But you will have to ring if you want to book a cart.
I can pick you up if you want, Mandy, if you would like to try either of these courses.
Blakey, your thoughts?

Jarro
4th November 2004, 05:08 PM
if you're playing Caboolture or Woodford monday, let me know.. i'll more than likely be able to make an early morning tee time :wink:

amanda
4th November 2004, 06:15 PM
I used whereis.com.au to check driving distances and times for Woodford and Caboolture and they came out at 1.5 and 1.25 hours respectively - does this sound accurate?

Brad will be doing all the driving and we found in NZ that driving more than 45 minutes and then playing golf was too tiring. We don't mind playing Headland with cored greens - is the green fee the same?

Is there no-where else around the Sunshine Coast? Or are they all expensive resort courses?

Jono
4th November 2004, 06:27 PM
Amanda,

I haven't played Caboulture, but I've had the pleasure of playing Woodforde in the pro-am. Very nice course. I'd certainly play there again if I had the chance. As to the driving, you and Brad can take turns ... :wink: :lol:

Hmmm ... cored greens ... :smt078

markTHEblake
4th November 2004, 08:38 PM
MW - those drive distance times are always way over exagerrated. But 1+ hours from where?

from Caloundra, the trip to caboolture cant be any more than 20 mins. Woodford from memory is a fair hike as you gotta go south and then back up again.

Andy doesnt worry me where i play, as i am coming from Noosa back to GC so every course is on the way.

Did you try Mt Coolum (i think you did), or what about Tewantin. There is also Bribie, Noosa Valley and Cooroy - the latter 2 you will be impressed with the serenity of the place. After that there is only the resorts left.

Good choice to cancel headland, those greens are bad enough in the first place. (might pay to check if Horton has just cored theres?)

amanda
4th November 2004, 08:51 PM
Blakey - I put in "Golden Beach" as the origin and "Caboolture Golf Course" as the destination - Golden Beach looks to be only 5-10 min south of Caloundra proper.

Anyways - let's just go Caboolture (unless they are also being cored).

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 09:31 AM
Stop Press: Need to make the mondays game early like 9.00AM absolute latest. I gotta be back home by by 3.30pm to pick up the kids from school. Its about a 2 hr trip from maroochydore.

Not too early though, between 8-9 is good for me if Ok wit the rest of you lot.

Jarro
5th November 2004, 09:40 AM
have you decided where you'll be playing yet :?:

if it's Caboolture, and it;s 9am or just after, and if you want me to .....

.. i'll play :lol:

AndyP
5th November 2004, 09:43 AM
Amanda, I have looked at getting on Headland, Beerwah, Caloundra, and Mt Coolum, and they either have cored greens or Veterans comp. And we will have already played Horton and Nambour. The only other courses around are the resorts or the courses that Blakey has suggested.

I've told you not to trust that whereis time. [-X
Using the RACQ travel planner (which is more accurate than whereis, but still conservative)
From Golden Beach:
Caboolture 45 min
Woodford (via Peachester) 59 min
Tewantin 60 min
Cooroy 51 min
Bribie Is 70 min

I have already called Caboolture and Woodford, Caboolture haven't cored their greens for some time, and Woodford did theirs a month ago. Both have told me that we can turn up whenever we want.
As much as I would like to play Woodford again, Caboolture is the closest, so let's play there.
It's also bloody cheap. $12 unlimited golf on Mondays. :shock:

Caboolture GC
08:30a (changed mid writing this post due to Blakey's post)
$12
Amanda
Brad
AndyP
Blakey

Jarro?

Jarro
5th November 2004, 09:53 AM
sorry guys, didn't realise you only had 4 playing.

i'll give it a miss.

AndyP
5th November 2004, 10:36 AM
Caboolture GC
09:15a (confirmed with both Blakey and Jarro)
$12
Amanda
Brad
AndyP
Blakey
Jarro

Eags? (PM Sent)
Jared? (my mate - email sent)
Shane? (my brother - left voicemail)

Jarro
5th November 2004, 11:40 AM
thanks for that.

loking forward to meeting Amanda and Brad .... and playing Caboolture again.. it's a great little course 8)

amanda
5th November 2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks Andy! Is Caboolture flat?

AndyP
5th November 2004, 01:02 PM
loking forward to meeting Amanda and Brad 8)
They'll be sick of Blakey and I by that stage, and looking forward to a 4 day break from us. :wink:

.... and playing Caboolture again.. it's a great little course
Memories from my round there earlier this year:
Doglegs
Hangover
18th
And being on the course the same day that Onewood got a hole in one there (although it wasn't in a comp).

Caboolture GC
09:15a
$12
Amanda
Brad
Blakey
Jarro
AndyP
Shane (AndyP's bro)

Eags? (PM Sent)

Jarro
5th November 2004, 01:09 PM
can't wait :D

what will the groups be :wink:

AndyP
5th November 2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks Andy! Is Caboolture flat?
Mandy, I asked the pro if the course was hilly. He said it depends who you ask, but 3 or 4 holes have a steep walk.

Flatter than Nambour, Hillier than Horton Park.

what will the groups be
Jarro, I'm not the author of this thread. Why the hell am I organising everything? :cry: :wink:
Heck, I don't think the groups are sorted for Sunday yet.

Not sure, I guess you should have the opportunity to have a hit with Amanda & Brad. And I will play in the same group as Shane. If that means we cop Blakey as well, then so be it. :razz:
We can work it out on the day though.

markTHEblake
5th November 2004, 03:12 PM
Caboolture is mildly undulating, to call it hilly you would have to be drunk.

Jarro
5th November 2004, 03:15 PM
the back 9 is a lot more hilly than the front.

18 would have to be classed as hilly wouldn't it :wink:

AndyP
5th November 2004, 03:15 PM
Blakey, can you change the thread title to reflect the current state of play.

CobraSS
5th November 2004, 03:28 PM
from Caloundra, the trip to caboolture cant be any more than 20 mins. Woodford from memory is a fair hike as you gotta go south and then back up again.

Woodford is 23kms from Caboolture or 15 minutes, and is straight along the Dag H'wy from Caboolture.

AndyP
5th November 2004, 03:37 PM
Woodford is 23kms from Caboolture or 15 minutes, and is straight along the Dag H'wy from Caboolture.
Cobra, I would have come via Peachester anyway, so it would have been a little less.

Don't get shitty with us, I'll play there another time. :razz:
Why don't you organise another day there. 8) I definitely want to have another hit there, it's been a couple of years.

Jarro
5th November 2004, 03:41 PM
i'd be keen for another hit at Woodford too :wink:

Eag's
5th November 2004, 09:08 PM
Sorry guys, can't make this one have to be at work by 2pm :( so unless I rent out an F-18 for the day, it's not looking likely.

AndyP
7th November 2004, 10:10 PM
This round is currently in limbo, due to the shite weather.

I will be ringing the club in the morning, to see if the course is fine to play.
I will also be checking the weather site, to see if any storms are on their way in.
If it is raining, it is more than likely that we won't be playing.

All participants will be contacted in the morning. :cool:

Jarro
8th November 2004, 12:45 AM
if i remember correctly , Cabolture becomes a real mud-pit even with the slightest bit of rain :(

hopefully we won't see too much more tonight..although it's raining as i type this :roll:

Jarro
8th November 2004, 02:00 PM
thanks for the day guys .. great to see NO RAIN today 8)

had a 79 (+8) pretty happy with that, was spanking the new driver quite nicely :D

AndyP
8th November 2004, 04:55 PM
It is a relief to have played a round this weekend that was dry. :D
Unfortunately, my gear hadn't dried from the day before. (Three days of golf with wet shoes is not good for the feet :( )

Once again, Blakey is looking after all the scores for Player of the Year 2005, but I can tell you that Jarro took the prize for today, taking advantage of some weary golfers.

Actually Jarro was playing pretty solidly today, and never seemed to get into too much trouble. I also saw some good shots from the group behind the two of us.

I shot an 88 (3 over h/cap), which wasn't too bad, considering a rusty start and feet dragging at the end.
Although I did have one really disappointing shot that was only just offline that cost me three shots overall. :x
Other than that my ball striking has been pretty good recently. :)

Big thank you to Blakey, Brad and Amanda for a great weekend of golf, regardless of the weather. 8)

markTHEblake
8th November 2004, 10:04 PM
Scores for the day. We all marked our own cards.....hmmmm.

40 Jarro
33 AndyP
32 MarktheBlake
23 Amanda
22 Brad

We started out as a group of 5. After 2 holes we were almost a hole behind, and the group behind us was catching up. So we sent Jarro and Andy forward as a twosome to catch up and then we would join up together again later. Wasnt long before they ended up being 3 holes behind.

By the time we reached the 15th we rejoined as a 5, but while Andy and Jarro were putting , Brad, Amanda and I played out the 16th before they finished.

Highlight of the day was Mandy's animation after every stroke, Yippee, Yay, Oh No, the occasional friggen-eck, and a solitary cartwheel.

Brad despite his score had his best ever comeback after a barry crocker front 9. So Andyp's 17pts remains safe.

The final results of the Ozgolf Sunshine Coast Swing and the holder of the holy Red Shiraz, is :

ANDYP. - what a marathon effort.
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping44.gif

103 AndyP
87 MarktheBlake
76 Amanda
76 Brad

AndyP
9th November 2004, 09:17 AM
The final results of the Ozgolf Sunshine Coast Swing and the holder of the holy Red Shiraz, is :

ANDYP. - what a marathon effort.
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/jumping/jumping44.gif

103 AndyP
87 MarktheBlake
76 Amanda
76 Brad
:smt109
I'm pretty happy with only +5 over three rounds in those conditions.
Just hope I can keep that form for Northlakes. 8-[

amanda
15th November 2004, 08:30 AM
Highlight of the day was Mandy's animation after every stroke, Yippee, Yay, Oh No, the occasional friggen-eck, and a solitary cartwheel.

What can I say - I'm a highly emotional golfer! The 2 days of rainy golf put a dampner on things - but I'm glad we had 1 sunny day. I have some pics I will post tonight.

amanda
16th November 2004, 08:48 PM
OK - here I go with some pics from the 18th at Caboolture - par 3.

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/8295/CabooltureBlakey.jpg http://img24.exs.cx/img24/2176/CabooltureBrad.jpg
Blakey's birdie attempt / Brad's birdie attempt

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/7769/CabooltureMandy.jpg http://img24.exs.cx/img24/9592/CabooltureMandy2.jpg
Mandy's par attempt / Par celebration dance

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/729/CabooltureJarro.jpg http://img122.exs.cx/img122/9915/CabooltureAndyP.jpg
Jarro's birdie (I don't know how I mucked up this shot!) / AndyP wishing his birdie putt had gone in

AndyP
16th November 2004, 08:55 PM
OK - here I go with some pics from the 18th at Caboolture - par 3.
AndyP wishing his birdie putt had gone in
Doesn't matter, the two putt was enough to beat Blakey by a stroke. :wink:

BrisVegas
16th November 2004, 08:57 PM
Doesn't matter, the two putt was enough to beat Blakey by a stroke. :wink:

Crikey blakey! What's going on? Next thing golfer96 will be trash talking you. :shock:

Onewood
16th November 2004, 10:31 PM
Great dance amanda 8) but you didn't mark the green like Phil Mickleson did :lol: :lol:

Congrats to the camera man awesome shots :P

markTHEblake
16th November 2004, 11:13 PM
Mandy, that picture of yours is a classic, looks like a cross between a Kiwi Hakka and your walking across a paddock and tring to miss the cow dung.

Great picture of Jarro, got his best side.

AndyP, It gives me great pleasure to have other golfers beat me at the moment.