PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast Swing - Horton Park Sunday 7th November

markTHEblake
20th October 2004, 10:54 AM
http://www.hortonpark-golfclub.com
Horton Park GC, Maroochydore. Popular choice for ozgolfers.
Greens were renovated early October, so should be like glass again.

http://www.hortonpark-golfclub.com/aerial2.jpg

Ok guys, Sunday 7th, two choices.

Option A
can play social at about 6.30am amongst other social groups.
Green Fee dunno.
can book now.

Option B
In comp from 10am. Comp and a cheaper Fee will be $43 inclusive. Can do cheaper for 16+ players.
Time sheet out 1 week before. Comp type to be advised.

The usual drill, list your name and handicap and whether you want Option A or B.

Marktheblake (5) B

AndyP
20th October 2004, 11:04 AM
43 bucks for a Horton Park comp!!!! :shock:

I'm in (Half Reciprical Rates).

Leaning towards Option B, as it is later in the day (more recovery time from arvo round day before), but not fussy.

BTW link didn't work.

Choppa
20th October 2004, 11:05 AM
Edited

Sounds like a good plan MTB.

Marktheblake (5) B
Choppa (20) B
AP (?) B?

AndyP
20th October 2004, 11:08 AM
Marktheblake (5) B
Choppa (20) B
AndyP (14) B

amanda
20th October 2004, 12:36 PM
Marktheblake (5) B
Choppa (20) B
AndyP (14) B
Amanda (21) B
Brad (20) B

CobraSS
20th October 2004, 01:26 PM
MarktheBlake (5) B
Choppa (20) B
AndyP (14) B
Amanda (21) B
Brad (20) B
CobraSS(10)B

Davemason
21st October 2004, 05:30 PM
MarktheBlake (5) B
Choppa (20) B
AndyP (14) B
Amanda (21) B
Brad (20) B
CobraSS(10)B
davemason(22)B

markTHEblake
25th October 2004, 11:53 PM
Where is Onewoods name - he is the one who suggested we play here??

Onewood
26th October 2004, 06:49 AM
Where is Onewoods name - he is the one who suggested we play here??

That was before the North Lakes game was born :wink: :D

amanda
1st November 2004, 11:43 AM
Blakey - do we have a start time for this game yet?

markTHEblake
1st November 2004, 07:22 PM
12.13 pm and 12.20pm
Its a 4BBB stableford and a Single Medley Stableford. (if i heard it right).

Directions can get very complicated or simple, The golf course is almost in the CBD so just follow the signs to "Maroochydore", and its a fraction south of Sunshine Plaza. The traffic lights exit from the main road is about a 100 metres west and opposite KFC and Hungry Jacks

The last 300 metres into the clubhouse is winding around a bit, but its all well signed

can Choppa and Cobrass tell me their real names?
And could everyone PM me their mobile phone numbers.

We need one more player?

http://img79.exs.cx/img79/797/hortonpark.jpg

Map notes, if coming off the Sunshine Motorway south you will exit when it goes uphill (the only hill on the motorway) travel up Sugar Rd, and Maud St to the east of the GC.

Trung
1st November 2004, 07:40 PM

:P :twisted:

Jarro
1st November 2004, 09:57 PM

bad idea Blakey .... real bad idea :roll: :lol:

markTHEblake
1st November 2004, 10:08 PM
Do you really think i would bother getting up at 3.30am to do something that childish?
I only do childish things during business hours.

Choppa
1st November 2004, 10:15 PM

hehe :lol: :lol:

AndyP
2nd November 2004, 12:18 AM
12.13 pm and 12.20pm
Its a 4BBB stableford and a Single Medley Stableford. (if i heard it right).
I hope it's a little overcast for one of these rounds on the weekend. :o

Blakey, how can it be 4BBB and single stableford? Haven't you heard that they can't be done in conjunction? :roll:

markTHEblake
2nd November 2004, 10:10 AM
I am not going to have this conversation. I could have heard it wrong, cos i was excited chatting to the lady on the phone about other stuff (known to family for 20 odd years).

might have been a 4BBB mixed and Single for the wallflowers, but the word Medley was definitely thrown in there somewhere.

Choppa
2nd November 2004, 10:21 AM
As long as I get to hit golf balls I am happy with whatever we play :)

AndyP
2nd November 2004, 11:44 AM
As long as I get to hit golf balls I am happy with whatever we play :)
Why don't you make a weekend of it, Chops, and come to Nambour on the Saturday? 8)

I reckon there is only 4 greens at Nambour that you could possibly 4-putt on. :P

Choppa
2nd November 2004, 01:17 PM
[quote=Choppa]As long as I get to hit golf balls I am happy with whatever we play :)
Why don't you make a weekend of it, Chops, and come to Nambour on the Saturday? 8)

hmmmm.... marriage v's golf :?:

I reckon there is only 4 greens at Nambour that you could possibly 4-putt on. :P

I reckon I could find a way to 4 putt more of them :x :x

Davemason
2nd November 2004, 05:44 PM
Sorry guys :oops: . Can't make it this weekend due to work it was either this weekend or the next and I don't want to miss out on North Lakes. :?

amanda
2nd November 2004, 06:29 PM
Updated list:

MarktheBlake (5) B
Choppa (20) B
AndyP (14) B
Amanda (21) B
Brad (20) B
CobraSS(10)B

AndyP
7th November 2004, 11:07 PM
Round 2 of the Sunshine Coast Swing has been completed, and it was another wet one.

Thanks to Choppa and CobraSS for turning up. It's a shame that you were wearing your best skirts and high heels to golf, and couldn't afford to get them wet. :razz:
Actually, that's an insult to Amanda, as she braved the conditions. :?

Teed off in the rain (after procrastinating for a while over the weather), but got a few dry holes in, before the rain set in. Play was suspended (for the second day in a row), after our tee shots on the 9th, due to lightning.
We didn't get back out there until after 4, and must have finished somewhere around 6:30. And yes, we were playing in the dark. :shock:

By the time we finished the 18th, the clubhouse had already shutdown for the night, so we left our cards, and the NTP markers at the pro shop door. :o

No idea what sort of score would have won the day, in fact, who knows how many cards were actually handed in.

I had a respectable 30 points for the day.
I won't report on the other scores (mainly because I can't remember them), but I will say that the prize for the weekend has already been conceded. :wink:

Thanks to Blakey, Mandy and Brad for the day. I hope this nasty weather isn't ruining the Sydney-siders holiday.

Although I think the course is a bit on the expensive side, I was very impressed with what they have done to the place over the last few years, and will have to get back there when it is a little drier.

Highlight of the day for me was watching Mandy birdie the first hole (par 3). You go, girlfriend!

goughy
7th November 2004, 11:27 PM
That's a great start amanda. That 1st hole is no pushover.

Choppa
8th November 2004, 02:12 PM
Come on Andy, out with the truth.

I desperately wanted to play, but when Andrew bailed you four guys had your group and you sent me home :cry:

CobraSS
8th November 2004, 02:18 PM
Round 2 of the Sunshine Coast Swing has been completed, and it was another wet one.

Thanks to Choppa and CobraSS for turning up. It's a shame that you were wearing your best skirts and high heels to golf, and couldn't afford to get them wet. :razz:
Actually, that's an insult to Amanda, as she braved the conditions. :?

Teed off in the rain (after procrastinating for a while over the weather), but got a few dry holes in, before the rain set in. Play was suspended (for the second day in a row), after our tee shots on the 9th, due to lightning.
We didn't get back out there until after 4, and must have finished somewhere around 6:30. And yes, we were playing in the dark. :shock:

By the time we finished the 18th, the clubhouse had already shutdown for the night, so we left our cards, and the NTP markers at the pro shop door. :o

No idea what sort of score would have won the day, in fact, who knows how many cards were actually handed in.

I had a respectable 30 points for the day.
I won't report on the other scores (mainly because I can't remember them), but I will say that the prize for the weekend has already been conceded. :wink:

Thanks to Blakey, Mandy and Brad for the day. I hope this nasty weather isn't ruining the Sydney-siders holiday.

Although I think the course is a bit on the expensive side, I was very impressed with what they have done to the place over the last few years, and will have to get back there when it is a little drier.

Highlight of the day for me was watching Mandy birdie the first hole (par 3). You go, girlfriend!

I enjoy playing golf as such, and I am prepared to get wet whilst playing, but to deliberatly choose to play and pay $40 plus for the privlige when it is teeming down with rain, I am sorry is just crazy stuff :smt017

But as long as you guys and girl had fun :shock: thats all that matters. =;

AndyP
8th November 2004, 05:34 PM
I desperately wanted to play, but when Andrew bailed you four guys had your group and you sent me home :cry:
That's right. I was worried that if you had yet another four-putt, it might put me off my own putting. :razz:

A group of five would have been fine, as long as we do the right thing on the 1st and 10th tees. :wink:
It's not like there was anyone else on the course. :roll:

You should have played. The viewing on the TV during suspended play was enthralling. A doco called "Bloodsuckers" about creatures that don't mind a bit of the red stuff. :smt045
Brad seemed particularly mesmerised by it.

Cobra, doesn't Woodford have reciprical rights at Horton?

markTHEblake
8th November 2004, 11:12 PM
It actually stopped raining by the time we got to the first green.
From memory it only rained heavily on 3 holes all up, apart from that hardly used the brolly at all.

The scores after correct weight has been called are;
30 Andyp
27 Amanda
26 Marktheblake
25 Brad

Ironic that Mandy had her best score of the week in the worst conditions.

amanda
15th November 2004, 09:35 AM
The birdie on the 1st hole was amazing - I was hooting and hollering - I'm sure people in the pro shop heard me :oops:

I'm very thankful for my $4.50 RockBottomGolf shoes now - they are waterproof and stayed dry through 2 games in sloshy conditions. I felt bad for AndyP who had to endure wet shoes for the last 2 days. Didn't stop him from playing well though :)

I really enjoyed the course at HP - and the greens were as quick as NL - even with rain :shock:

I also enjoyed the bloodsuckers doco on in the clubhouse and it was good to see Blakey as the local hero - seems he knew everyone.