PDA

View Full Version : Shafts

napoleon dynamite
5th March 2008, 07:48 AM
Gday all

just after some suggestions for driver shafts. i have been recommended to get a stiff UST V2 proforce shaft 2.9 torque, 67g for my burner. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a similar shaft and also where is the best spot in sydney to buy shafts and get them fitted etc. OR does anyone have any on here 2nd hand that you think may suit.

pretty general question i know but i thought i'd throw it out there.

thanks for any help

3oneday
5th March 2008, 08:49 AM
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8945

BrisVegas
5th March 2008, 08:49 AM
I've heard some good things about that shaft and some others who didn't like it. I think courty put that shaft in a Superquad and didn't like it, but i could be wrong. I've got the 76 gram version UST in my driver and like the feel of the slightly heavier weight. I played Grafalloy Blue in my previous few drivers and loved the control it gave. similar specs 2.8 torque, tip stiff, 60 grams or so. Cheap as chips too.

napoleon dynamite
5th March 2008, 09:05 AM
cheers guys. that other thread was when i was looking at shafts for some iron heads.

i'm mainly trying to cut thru the BS of each manufacturers website and find out what is similar and what peoples likes/experiences are as far as driver shafts go similar to the one i have mentioned.

i really like the depth to which people go on this forum describing their experiences with clubs, shafts etc. helps someone like myself out no end.

Rusty
5th March 2008, 10:18 AM
Napoleon have you gone ahead with a launch monitor driver fitting session? some places have a cart with heaps of shafts that can be quickly screwed onto that head. Vic Park here is Bris does, but that's a long way from you. ring around Sydney for a place that does. as Vegas said, some like the Proforce and some don't. best for you to decided after hitting.

Pinglauncher
5th March 2008, 11:23 AM
Napoleon, I am selling a Mitsubishi REAX 64 TP shaft which is new and is a clean pull from an R7 460TP. It is only reg but stiff tip and could be good in a Burner.

napoleon dynamite
5th March 2008, 11:29 AM
When i trialled the burner i did hit in a launch monitor and the guy suggested the proforce shaft after seeing some numbers and watching my swing. we screwed the UST on and i went and took it to the range. loved it. for me i hit it straight and long. i bought a burner from the US with the stock stiff shaft in it and now want to put a new one in.

when the driver arrived from the US i took it to the range and although i was still pretty straight i wasn't as long with the std stiff shaft. does that make sense??

Also when i say i loved it i did but that is without hitting with other ones so thats why i put the question forward as to comparable shafts and peoples experiences with them.

cheers

Captain Nemo
5th March 2008, 12:00 PM
Mate, I had a Burner 9.5* with an Aldila NV 65s, but hit it too high so put a Grafalloy Prolaunch Red stiff in it and it went beautifully. Only problem with the standard Burner is that it is quite closed, turned my draw into a hook!
I have since sold the head but still have the shaft, it's .335 so needed a shim to fit the Burner.

napoleon dynamite
5th March 2008, 12:17 PM
if anything i used to hit with a bit of a slice . prob due to years of cricket. when i demo'd the burner i was consistently pretty straight so the closed face prob helps me alot in that regard. i wouldn't have known if it was closed or not, all i know is that when i hit it it was pretty straight. that'll do me.

the graffalloy red sounds good though, i may be in touch

Rusty
5th March 2008, 04:48 PM
all makes sense Nap. what works for me is the Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue. you'll most likely find that you can put 3-4 heads on the one shaft that works for you, and one of the heads will be the winner. sounds like you've found the head and most likely the shaft.

Courty
5th March 2008, 05:41 PM
I've heard some good things about that shaft and some others who didn't like it. I think courty put that shaft in a Superquad and didn't like it, but i could be wrong.

I put a different model in my driver (V2 High Launch in x-flex) which has quite different characteristics. I do like the performance, but the feel is terrible. The Superquad is actually in the shop getting reshafted as we speak.
I also have a normal V2 s-flex in my 3-wood and it feels quite good.

3oneday
5th March 2008, 07:46 PM
I put a different model in my driver (V2 High Launch in x-flex) which has quite different characteristics. I do like the performance, but the feel is terrible. The Superquad is actually in the shop getting reshafted as we speak.
I also have a normal V2 s-flex in my 3-wood and it feels quite good.V2's are for girls...

;)

napoleon dynamite
6th March 2008, 07:17 AM
thanks everyone, really appreciated. looks like a might end up a chick 3oneday haha.

Courty
6th March 2008, 07:35 AM
He's just jealous because he can't handle one. ;) :p

perci
6th March 2008, 08:15 AM
I've got a Rombax 65,V2 65 and a Prolaunch blue 75 here all .335s but can supply a shim with them.

peter_rs
6th March 2008, 10:40 AM
UST swing fit (http://www.ustgolfshaft.com:80/swingfit/)

Jarro
6th March 2008, 10:56 AM
I've got a Rombax 65,V2 65 and a Prolaunch blue 75 here all .335s but can supply a shim with them.

I forgot about those shafts !!!

virge666
6th March 2008, 11:19 AM
Gday all
pretty general question i know but i thought i'd throw it out there.

thanks for any help

This all depends on your handicap - and how well you hit the ball. What one person likes would be totally different to another.

if you are playing off double figures . . . your hands are going to be behind the ball at impact - so shaft performace means SFA, just go with stiff or regular in something around the 65 gram mark.

After that pick the one you like the feedback from at impact.

If you are a lower marker - then we have to get into torque, flex points and weights...

Enjoy

peter_rs
6th March 2008, 11:37 AM
Not always the case virge but its a start.

3oneday
6th March 2008, 12:12 PM
This all depends on your handicap

Not always the case virge but its a start.

Can't wait til he digs up the ole Blades V Cavs thread then :lol: :lol:

rick3003
6th March 2008, 12:56 PM
Can't wait til he digs up the ole Blades V Cavs thread then :lol: :lol:
Blades V Cavs mmmmmmm

Am I good enough to use MP32'S?????? Should I be using oversized cavs??

Does it really matter ;)

BrisVegas
6th March 2008, 12:59 PM
Blades V Cavs mmmmmmm

Am I good enough to use MP32'S?????? Should I be using oversized cavs??

Does it really matter ;)

yes, dunno, no.

rick3003
6th March 2008, 02:00 PM
yes, dunno, no.
Exactly Dion, whatever makes you happy I say.

Toolish
6th March 2008, 02:19 PM
No...you aren't good enough...so sell them to me cheap and go buy some shovels :) ;)

rick3003
6th March 2008, 02:25 PM
No...you aren't good enough...so sell them to me cheap and go buy some shovels :) ;)
they might be for sale soon........ going to give some R7tp's a little more time

3oneday
6th March 2008, 02:25 PM
pfft

rick3003
6th March 2008, 02:29 PM
maybe i should buy some toppies with some girly reg flex dyanlites

3oneday
6th March 2008, 02:31 PM
You know you wanna ;)

Jarro
6th March 2008, 02:34 PM
maybe i should buy some toppies with some girly reg flex dyanlites

Sounds cool to me :mrgreen:

PeteyD
6th March 2008, 02:37 PM
That have been nomad treated?

3oneday
6th March 2008, 02:43 PM
No, they have graphite shafts I believe ;)