PDA

View Full Version : Mikezone13 vs Virgal_Tracy St Michaels 20th March 12:08pm

Virgal_Tracy
3rd March 2008, 02:35 PM
After tooing and froing we have settled on St Michaels on thursday March 20th for this first round match. Booking sheet doesn't open til the friday beforehand so can't give a time as yet.

Invite is now open to anyone else who wants to play. This could be a bit special, not because of the combatants but because St mick's now have: New Competition 3rd Thursday of the Month
RED BELLY CHALLENGE
(Play off Blue Tees)
Pin placement will be placed according to
PGA Tournament Conditions. $50 per play

So who's in?

1. Mikezone13 31pts (3&2 matchplay)
2. Jimandr 21pts
2. Virge666 21 pts
4. Virgal Tracy 20pts

Grunt
3rd March 2008, 03:20 PM
I can make it possibly, put me in pencil. Will advise is a week or so. What time are you looking at?

Virgal_Tracy
3rd March 2008, 03:28 PM
Looking at either end of the sheet. I have to appear at work sometime during the day. My initial preference is later in the sheet but will depend on what members have left open.

Grunt
3rd March 2008, 03:37 PM
no worries, will see what is put forward.

jimandr
3rd March 2008, 10:39 PM
As this is the Thursday before Easter, I can probably make this game. I'll wait to see whether you choose the crack of dawn or the crack of midday before committing myself.

burger
5th March 2008, 09:23 AM
yeah, wot Jim said .. . .
and I may have a couple of keen work mates too . . . . .
they are as talented as me so maybe put us three as last group :-O

burger
10th March 2008, 08:37 AM
Back to probably just me, one work mate on duty , the other had his clubs stolen.

Grunt
10th March 2008, 11:43 AM
I can make it possibly, put me in pencil. Will advise is a week or so. What time are you looking at?

I am only available now for an early tee time if thats what you are looking at. Off to Ulladulla for the Easter break Thursday arfternoon.

mikezone13
13th March 2008, 01:58 PM
OK, what's the go, what tee time do we have and who else is joining us?

Virgal_Tracy
13th March 2008, 02:50 PM
Well after your prompting I rang and they reluctantly let me book for next week. Only time available for a group of 4 with space in the proceeding and following group was 12:08pm.

So there it is Red Belly Challenge at St Mick's Thursday 20th March 12:08pm

Who's going to join us. Need the usual - names, clubs, handicaps

1. mikezone13
2. virgal

Looking forward to this as It has been ages since I have played a competitive match, my first rnd loss to Coffs last year.

mikezone13
13th March 2008, 02:59 PM
Reluctantly? What's the go there? They don't want our business? :)

Virgal_Tracy
13th March 2008, 03:08 PM
More interested in keeping the members happy. Doesn't matter we are on and I get the impression, brutally punished by the pin placements.

mikezone13
13th March 2008, 03:10 PM
Snobs...

May I take plenty of big chunky divots (I will replace/fill them sand) and shit all over their poxy pin placements, to the Batcave to retrieve the 9 iron!

Grunt
13th March 2008, 04:22 PM
Sorry guys cant make it, have fun.

jimandr
13th March 2008, 09:21 PM
I can make this. Do I need to ring the club and put my name in, or am I part of the four already?

1. mikezone13
2. virgal
3. jimandr

Jono
13th March 2008, 10:15 PM
1. mikezone13
2. virgal
3. jimandr
4. Jono

I need some practice before the Barnbougle trip. Haven't played a game since the mental trauma at Dunheved. :lol:

Grunt
13th March 2008, 10:41 PM
so much for you not playing again until you can walk 18, or has your fitness improved? St mick's would not be the easiest walk.

TS
13th March 2008, 10:56 PM
so much for you not playing again until you can walk 18, or has your fitness improved? St mick's would not be the easiest walk.

I heard Jono been running 5k before work every morning. Game in St Mick will just be walk in the park.

Andrew
14th March 2008, 07:41 AM
Game in St Mick will just be walk in the park.

Yes, that’s the sad part about St Mick’s. It should be a walk on the Links.

Well, that’s my little architectural comment. I’ll leave you guys to it now.

Virgal_Tracy
14th March 2008, 07:44 AM
I can make this. Do I need to ring the club and put my name in, or am I part of the four already?

1. mikezone13
2. virgal
3. jimandr
4. jono

I'll do the ringing although I already had you down as a tentative mainly because I already knew your full name, club and h'cap.

burger
14th March 2008, 01:03 PM
found out i have been seconded for a four day workshop next week. man that sux!
have fun guys.

stu

Jono
18th March 2008, 05:49 PM
Guys, my appologies, but I'll have to pull out of this one. I had good chance of getting an RDO on Thursday but with a sudden influx of patients over the last 5 days, there is no chance I can get Thursday off. :(

Vince, do you want me to give the proshop a call?

virge666
18th March 2008, 07:52 PM
I could up for that !!!

Pencil me in for Thursday

mikezone13
18th March 2008, 08:39 PM
See you there, hopefully ;)

Virgal_Tracy
19th March 2008, 07:56 AM
I could up for that !!!

Pencil me in for Thursday

Need details - Name, club, h'cap

Sorry to hear John. Bloody work always gets in the way.

Scottt
19th March 2008, 12:32 PM
Still any spots available?

mikezone13
19th March 2008, 01:28 PM
Still any spots available?

PM Virgal, he's doing all the organising.

jimandr
19th March 2008, 07:10 PM
I just hope you don't give my spot away.

I haven't played St Michaels for years, and I've never played the full course. Each time I've been there, a green (or four) has been out of play due to remodelling or grass disease.

I'll aim to arrive about 11.30.

Grunt
19th March 2008, 07:12 PM
Have a good day all.
Might just be a nice day to play St Mick's

mikezone13
19th March 2008, 07:31 PM
See you there jim... as I don't know virgal_tracy from a bar of soap, I'll be the one with a white titleist hat, red shirt and a Kiwi headcover on my driver!!! ;)

virge666
19th March 2008, 09:22 PM
Black and Gold UST bag and a Sumo driver.

on the putting green swearing . . . can't miss me.

:)

Virgal_Tracy
20th March 2008, 07:45 AM
Black and burnt orange Mizuno carry bag, black Greg norman hat and TM R5 headcover. Laughing at every miss because if I don't I'll cry.

Unfortunately couldn't get Scott on with it being a full field today so possibly a slow round.

Jarro
20th March 2008, 03:33 PM
Wonder how this match is going ?

mikezone13
20th March 2008, 07:03 PM

All finished jarro :)

Virgal_Tracy
20th March 2008, 08:29 PM
Congrats to Mike on a good win. (would've posted earlier but had to get the kids fed, showered and to bed).

Mike 2 up after 2 with par, birdie. I came back to get 2 of the next 3 with nothing spectacular. It kept going this way with Mike 1up at the turn.

I won the 10th, Mike 11 & 12 then a half me 14, a half and then Mike 15 & 16 to win the match. Not pretty golf allround but a lot of fun.

With both of us not having seen the course before, it was difficult with the blind tee shots. I was getting into trouble with a high cut into the 3 club wind. MIke played more solid and deserved the win.

mikezone13
20th March 2008, 08:46 PM
Was a fun game, as vince said the match went up and down up and down.

The course was set up tough with the blue tees in places even Steve Irwin wouldn't go, seeing it for the first time made the tee shots daunting and this was reflected in the scores.

Overall I was happy with my 31pts as our fourball showed it was tough going, when we left only 4 or 5 groups were left ont he course and 38pts was leading with only 2 people breaking the magical 36pt barrier.

Thanks for the game Vince, Jim and Anthony (ditch that putter dude), a most enjoyable end to the week and start of the long weekend!

jimandr
20th March 2008, 09:49 PM

Assuming this was posted at 4.33pm daylight savings time, it was very optimistic thinking we'd be finished after a 12.08 teeoff. We started on time and finished about 5.20.

The first six holes were very slow, but the rest was all our fault due to the number of provisional shots we hit, and a fair bit of searching for drives, mostly unsuccessfully. I'd hate to play there on a windy medal day. It would take 7 hours.

It was a typical Sydney sea-breeze day, but as Mike said, the blue tees make the course really tough in any type of breeze.

I blame Virge for my lost ball on 16. On yet another blind drive I hit it along his suggested line. He didn't take into consideration that I'm a short hitter, and into the teeth of the wind a 170m carry was beyond me (we think. Maybe a poisoned rabbit took the ball from the fairway).

I enjoyed my day, but played awful. I'm not sure I'd rush back for another blue tee challenge. The course might be too hard for me, particularly in my current form.

virge666
21st March 2008, 10:21 AM
I enjoyed my day, but played awful. I'm not sure I'd rush back for another blue tee challenge. The course might be too hard for me, particularly in my current form.

Don't feel bad mate - that was a VERY hard day. The pins were in easy places, but all of use were hitting Hybrids and 3 woods to greens all day.

To anyone else reading - imaging playing golf where we did not use Irons at all... it was either woods or wedges. ALL DAY. Every Par 3 was a wood. 2 of them were drivers.

I reckon you all played not too bad considering every shot was a full one.

Enjoy

AndyP
21st March 2008, 11:31 AM
I enjoyed my day, but played awful. I'm not sure I'd rush back for another blue tee challenge. The course might be too hard for me, particularly in my current form.I played it for the first time when I was down there last year, but avoided the nasty blue markers. It was very enjoyable, and my score was good too. Give it another crack, from the next set of markers.

Well done on the win, mz.

Grunt
23rd March 2008, 01:56 PM
What was the final result?
3 & 2?
Just updating the Results/Draw.

mikezone13
23rd March 2008, 08:46 PM
What was the final result?
3 & 2?
Just updating the Results/Draw.

Yep! See first post ;)