19th October 2004, 09:27 PM
Anyone braved the weather yet?? :lol:

Onewood
19th October 2004, 09:32 PM
Anyone braved the weather yet?? :lol:

Tomorrow :wink: another round at Robina woods before the final on sunday :D

Iain
20th October 2004, 01:36 PM
Played at Redland Bay this morning, single stableford, had 19 points on the front, and 17 on the back for an even par 36points. Started poorly with a couple of doubles, 5 points from the first 4 holes, recovered well to then go 3, 2, 3, 3, 3. :wink: On the back started ok with a 2, 3 start, but then had a wipe, 3, wipe, 1, 4 (chip in bird on par 3), 2, 2.... :roll:

So I left plenty out there, a few poor drives cost me the shots mainly, but I've got just over a week to try and straighten it out before the champs..... :wink:

And will most likely be off 16 unless I got a comp hitout on Saturday or Sunday?? :oops:

Andrew
20th October 2004, 09:55 PM
Played at Bankstown GC today. 31 points - drove poorly. Had a bogey on all 4 par 5's.

Interesting. Bankstown is your typical Sydney group 1 course - Kikuyu fairways, plenty of trees, small well bunkered greens. All 3 of my playing partners were over 70 years of age (Hcp 19, 23, 26). Although they struggled to get the ball in the air on full shots, they could all play little lob wedge shots, a shot very much required at Bankstown.

Horses for courses.

amanda
21st October 2004, 07:48 AM
Andrew - how was the course holding up after all of this rain? And did you think some of the fairways were especially wide? I saw the 1st hole and thought "there is no way I can't miss the fairway"!

Flowergirl
21st October 2004, 07:48 AM
Single stableford yesterday. 18 on the front and 18 on the back. Fairway shots were good, even lobbed two very nice shots but chipped and putted poorly. Should have been and could have been - well - same old story. CCR was 39 so even though i played to my handicap I still went out .1 - cruel!!! The winner had a huge 46 points ( off 35 - now she's off 29 - that'll teach her!!)
Playing in the Rosebud Police Annual Charity Golf Day today - it is such a fun day!!. The sun is shining - no wind - and about 26 - perfect. :lol:

Flowergirl
22nd October 2004, 08:13 AM
Lost on a countback :cry: 35 points :cry:

senecio
23rd October 2004, 03:17 PM
Woo hoo,

The first time I've broken my handicap (10) since returning to the game 6 months ago :D .

1 over front (1 bird, 1 double and 7 pars)
7 over back (there are few holes on the back nine that have me by the goolies at the moment)

38 stabbleford points (with a wash on the last hole :( ), and that was on cored and top dressed greens. 2-ball ambrose tomorrow at Redland Bay. Lets see if I can keep up the good ball striking.

Ryan

AndyP
23rd October 2004, 03:44 PM
Well done, Ryan. Don't peak too early though. ;)

I played 4BBB Stab (not 2BBB :roll:) at Nambour. Partnered with a stranger (remember, a stranger is just a friend you haven't met) who played off 23.

Didn't get my name on the card until the 8th. He was playing well, I was pretty ordinary.

Got my first par of the day on the 14th, and followed that one with another 3.

We finished with 45pts. Best score when I left was 49.
I think I would have been about 5 over my handicap. (Drives strayed again :()

drunken
23rd October 2004, 03:56 PM
Round 1 of the club champs, 94-20=74 (2 over).
Started on the back nine with a 50 (13 over), front nine had 44 (9 over).

Hit 5 pars & missed two easy birdie chances. One quadruple & two triples killed any chance of a good round. Driving, irons & putting were all good, but my chipping left alot to be desired. Hope it improves for tomorrow.

Expect to about 7-8 off the leader at the end of today.

Onewood
23rd October 2004, 04:45 PM
88/7/81 thats it 8) No more needs to be said :D

3oneday
23rd October 2004, 06:54 PM
59 :shock: :shock: :shock: , but my mate shot 58.

3rd of the champs were postponed as 4 holes were out of play due to flooding. Played a 14 hole comp :P , shot 3 over, non event really, just a fine tune for the 3rd round hopefully next week.

Coming 4th in the scratch, no realistic chance unless the bloke who is 4 under scratch :shock: doesn't play. Coming 3rd in the nett, 2 off the pace.

Pete

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 06:57 PM
Tomorrow :wink: another round at Robina woods before the final on sunday :D

WOT - didnt even drop in to say hello? :(

McMw
23rd October 2004, 09:21 PM
Played in a small comp this afternoon - boy, it was a stinking hot arvo!!! :roll:
9 pars, 8 bogeys, 1 birdie, 2 Down...

Guess it's okay for cored/recovering greens...but 2 3putts leaves a sour taste in the mouth... :roll:

Jean played BAD, but finished 4UP...so she might take home the pool... :roll:

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 09:34 PM
Just got back from the Club, hit a few buckets of balls, not a exactly round of golf but as its the first time to swing a club in 6 weeks it deserves a mention.

The reason for the layoff apart from apathy, is I have been getting lessons in front of a mirror (without a club), and doing drill work nearly every night - in other words its a complete swing rebuild. My Teacher said I wasnt supposed to hit balls for another week, but with the champs coming up, I needed to get into the action.

Took about 30 balls before i hit one below the equator, which was no surprise. Once I was able to get the right position at the top that I think is correct, I found I was able to generate lots more power and great timing. Things are starting to look up.

Its taking me a long time to realise that all faults are caused by the backswing, becuase once you get into the correct position at the top, there is nothing else you have to do- the rest just happens!

Another thing I recently learned, is that I always thought that Tiger Woods got his 100 degree shoulder turn becuase he is strong and flexible, and that a 64k weakling with a bodgy back, cant even get close to 90 degrees. Well i can turn as much as him now and its a peice of cake - and it feels great.

Courty
23rd October 2004, 10:07 PM
Played in a 4BBB today. My partner and I had 48 pts. Don't know if it will be enough to win though. 4BBB always bring out the burglars 'cos they know the handicapper won't touch them. I finished every hole to keep en eye on my score. I had a 78 off the beater. 1 over the front and got a bit tired on the the back but still played to handicap. Stats are: 5/14 fairways :roll: , 6/18 GIR, 28 putts. Obviously, it is the flat stick which saved my ass today. Although I must say, when I missed greens, I was chipping/ pitching the next shot within 1-putt range. Hole of the day would be driving to the front of the green on the 327m 2nd hole (cut across the dogleg), chipped it to tap-in range for an easy birdie.

Jarro
24th October 2004, 03:46 AM
well played Courty :D

man, you're showing some good form lately 8)

amanda
24th October 2004, 02:50 PM
A very average 32 points in cloudy & showery conditions. We played with a scratch marker - amazing to watch this guy play! He had a bad game and came away with 36 points and even par. Brad won our grudge match on a countback :?

AndyP
24th October 2004, 04:04 PM
Played at Bribie Island today in a social group.

Included 2 quadruple bogeys, 1 triple bogey and 3 consecutive birdies :shock: \:D/ .

Back nine first, 46-42-88 nett 74 (+2).

I am playing some very inconsistent golf. :?

terryand
24th October 2004, 05:50 PM
Andy, that is certainly a mixed bag :smt011

Congrats on the 3 birds though =D>

Terry.

McMw
24th October 2004, 09:57 PM
Played tha Airport Course this arvo, off the tips......shot 81 (9over)
Talk abt off the tips...2 steps back, and you're off the tee box!!! :lol:

talk abt a bad round with the driver (first time the current driver has let me down)...

all in all, 2 balls into the drink, numerous short-mid range putts missed, cored greens and collars, made for a very frustraing day with the short game... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

and to think the last time I played there, I was 10 shots better... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Trung
24th October 2004, 10:20 PM
Sat: 2 down
Sun: Social event. 10 over at Bexley

claydog
26th October 2004, 08:18 AM
Played Capricorn International Resort Course sunday,shot 89 off the bat which included 1 bird 7 pars 4 bogeys 4 doubles 2 triples.Hit only 4 fairways but got 7 greens in reg.Played early in light fog looking into the sun,couldn't see a thing.Should have shot lower as the greens were cored about two weeks ago,was robbed on a couple of putts because of this.Anyway heaps better than the 101 on the champ course the week previously.Cheers, Craig.

Flowergirl
26th October 2004, 08:23 AM
Played Capricorn International Resort Course sunday,shot 89 off the bat which included 1 bird 7 pars 4 bogeys 4 doubles 2 triples.Hit only 4 fairways but got 7 greens in reg.Played early in light fog looking into the sun,couldn't see a thing.Should have shot lower as the greens were cored about two weeks ago,was robbed on a couple of putts because of this.Anyway heaps better than the 101 on the champ course the week previously.Cheers, Craig.

a 12 stroke improvement is great Craig.......next week you gotta shoot a 77!!!!! :wink: Good scoring - what a shame about the two triples - they hurt don't they!!

claydog
27th October 2004, 07:33 AM
I'd love to shoot 77 this weekend,it was a big improvement on last week,although the resort course isn't as hard and is more forgiving than the championship course.A nice clear morning would help too.Cheers,Craig

Andrew
27th October 2004, 01:03 PM
Y'see I'm stupid & I posted in the wrong week.

I've moved it now & I feel better for it.

Courty
27th October 2004, 02:22 PM
14th - chip from over the back of the green to 5 foot & sink putt, 15 th - chip from over the back of the green to 10 foot & sink putt, 16th - chip from over the back of the green to 3 foot & sink putt.

Sounds to me like you need to work out your distances, too. :shock:

Andrew
28th October 2004, 12:00 PM
Actually Courty, the shot at 14 was a miss club, but the other 2 were a 4i & a 3i. Both were struck well & both had to carry bunkers, so I was making sure I wasn't short.

That said, it was only the 2nd time I've played the course in about 12 years. I play between 30 - 40 different courses a year, so I sometimes have the problem of playing the wrong shot to the green. I played my home course only 4 times last year & have played it only 3 times this year.