PDA

View Full Version : Courty comes to Melbourne

Courty
25th February 2008, 06:42 PM
Now that my leave is approved, it's official. The Mrs & I are heading to Melbourne for a weeks holiday. I'm bringing the sticks down with me so I'll be looking for a game or two. A trip to Mornington is a definite possibility. The itinerary hasn't been nutted out yet, but we'll be there from 21-28th of March, so if you're available for a game between these dates reply in this thread.

Edit: I've just been talking to Bruce about a game at Mornington somewhere on the long weekend (venue to be determined). Anyone else interested?

Bruce
25th February 2008, 06:50 PM
Saturday, Sunday or Monday for the Mornington trip should suit me.

I'll even give you a lift down.

So many choices down there - but there will be plenty of traffic so we will probably need to book soonish.

swanny
25th February 2008, 06:53 PM
Wed 26th Sanctuary Lakes $40 for the round if your interested

andigold
25th February 2008, 08:40 PM
Saturday, Sunday or Monday for the Mornington trip should suit me.

I'll even give you a lift down.

So many choices down there - but there will be plenty of traffic so we will probably need to book soonish.

Portsea is great if you like old world charm, and you should get on for an afternoon tee time. National Old & Moonah are the 2 best courses down there but you won't get on over Easter unless you can rustle up a couple of members. Moonah Links Legends is the pick of the modern courses, much more polished than the Dunes and way more fun than St Andrews Beach & the Open course. I wouldn't mind playing if there's spots available.

kev
25th February 2008, 08:49 PM
If you're playing on Sunday or Monday, I'll be in :)

Moe Norman
25th February 2008, 09:54 PM
Courty - play Portsea if its possible.

Probably not going to last much longer and is a fantastic course.

Flowergirl
25th February 2008, 10:57 PM
That's Easter - right? Then I'm free Sunday or Monday. Saturdya morning wuld be a bit hard for me but anything after 1 pm is ok.
Johnny Boy will probably play too.
Now - where do you want to play? Just remember that it will be BUSY everwhere.
Where are you staying?
You are both VERY welcome to stay with us. :mrgreen:

AndyP
26th February 2008, 07:41 AM
Stay at FG's all week and play two different golf courses every day.

swanny
26th February 2008, 07:52 AM
I would be ok for the sat or sunday.

Courty
26th February 2008, 05:30 PM
At this stage I'm thinking Mornington (possibly Moonah Links Legends course) on Sunday and somewhere in Melbourne during the week (either Spring Valley or Sanctuary Lakes).

Bruce
27th February 2008, 05:26 PM
For those that are planning - Moonah is $90.

swanny
27th February 2008, 09:54 PM
ok Courty If you want sanctuary lakes we can have two others join us for the day.

Courty
27th February 2008, 10:42 PM
Sorry mate. I haven't committed to any other rounds yet as we're sorting out our itinerary. I'll make a decision as soon as I can.

swanny
28th February 2008, 01:13 AM
Court,

sorry didnt mean to sound pushy was just letting you know that we could get a foursome at the club if others want to join us if it works into the itinery.

swanny
28th February 2008, 05:48 AM
Folks,

As stated earlier in this thread Im keen to play Moonah on the Sunday so i will start a new thread in the first tee forum for that day and we will see who wants to play. i Will auto nominate those who have indicated there desire to play and pm them to confirm. Bruce i will contact the course this week if you like to see how soon we will need to Book.

andigold
28th February 2008, 09:46 PM
Sorry mate. I haven't committed to any other rounds yet as we're sorting out our itinerary. I'll make a decision as soon as I can.

Let us know when you've worked out your itinerary Courty and if you want a hit at Spring Valley we'll see what we can work out.

Courty
28th February 2008, 09:48 PM
Let us know when you've worked out your itinerary Courty and if you want a hit at Spring Valley we'll see what we can work out.

What days are you available? Apart from the Sunday round at Mornington, any other golf will have to be on a weekday.

andigold
28th February 2008, 09:59 PM
What days are you available? Apart from the Sunday round at Mornington, any other golf will have to be on a weekday.

Wednesday & Thursday mornings are out but I can do any other time with a weeks notice.

andigold
28th February 2008, 10:26 PM
Just had a look at the club website Courty and the course is closed for 4 days from the Tuesday after Easter to host the 2008 Australian Boys Amateur Championship. So unless you can play on Easter Monday we won't be having a game at Spring Valley. Sorry.

Courty
28th February 2008, 10:29 PM
Just had a look at the club website Courty and the course is closed for 4 days from the Tuesday after Easter to host the 2008 Australian Boys Amateur Championship. So unless you can play on Easter Monday we won't be having a game at Spring Valley. Sorry.

Bugger. I was just typing up a post to have a game there. Would you be interested in joining me & swanny at Sanctuary Lakes one day then?

Courty
3rd March 2008, 05:52 PM
Wed 26th Sanctuary Lakes $40 for the round if your interested

This offer still open?

swanny
3rd March 2008, 10:12 PM
Certainly is buddy no problems with that at all.

Anyone else want to join us.

Courty
3rd March 2008, 10:15 PM
Let's book it in. You wanna start a new thread, or shall I?

swanny
3rd March 2008, 10:17 PM
You can if you like mate then i will book it in