PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation for Ozgolf Champ?

Trung
19th October 2004, 03:04 PM
Sorry guys, been away for one week and there are so many new threads and posts to read plus ton of emails.

Can someone find where the original thread for Ozchamp accommodation? :oops:

Who is in and who is out?

Sat: Trung, Jono, ????????
Sun: Trung, Jono, ????????

AndyP
19th October 2004, 03:18 PM
Don't think there was a separate thread, it was a few pages back in the Champs thread.

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono
Maybe: Jarro, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, Eag's, AndyP

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

If Terry's is no longer a maybe, then neither is mine, as he is my lift. Vegas is in the same boat.

My preference is to stay down there the night before though, if it is $40 each or less.

Trung
19th October 2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks AP.

Jono
19th October 2004, 06:34 PM
Both Trung and I are flying Jetstar. $79 return was too good to refuse.

Until we have a good idea of the numbers, we can't book the accomodation yet. So come on guys and decide! :lol: I suppose worst comes to worst, we can crash G69's place whilst he's away ... :twisted:

Jarro
19th October 2004, 06:56 PM
don't think i'm going to be staying the saturday night guys. I'm working until 7pm and doubt that i'd be in any state to drive down there straight from work.

I'll be up before dawn to head down. I'll meet you all at the course 8)

terryand
19th October 2004, 07:21 PM
don't think i'm going to be staying the saturday night guys. I'm working until 7pm and doubt that i'd be in any state to drive down there straight from work.

BIG WUSS [-X

Get your butt down there and have a drink with us :smt030

Terry.

Iain
19th October 2004, 07:23 PM
I'll stay the night for sure.... :wink:

So put me in ink...

Jarro
19th October 2004, 07:26 PM

BIG WUSS [-X

Terry.

i'll try mate, but after a 13 hour day on the Saturday... i'll probably last for about 2 drinks before i pass out :roll: :lol:

AndyP
19th October 2004, 07:53 PM

Trung, Jono, I'll take that as a yes from Tez, which means a yes from me, and a yes from Vegas (please confirm).

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP
Maybe: Jarro, Eag's,

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

That's two rooms on the Sat nite, and one on the Sun if the rooms can accommodate three. 8)

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 08:04 PM
yeah, I'm in for a room share on Sat night. It'll have ot be cheap though :oops:

AndyP - did you mention that Terry's lift wasn't available?? I'm up the creek without a ride down there.... :shock: Tez ?

Jarro
19th October 2004, 08:06 PM
Geez you guys .. talk about putting the pressure on Tezza :roll:

AndyP
19th October 2004, 08:06 PM
AndyP - did you mention that Terry's lift wasn't available?? I'm up the creek without a ride down there.... :shock: Tez ?

Chill. :cool:
He hasn't changed his mind as far as I know. I just couldn't confirm our stay unless he did.
We'll still be able to listen to his Jessica Simpson CDs on the way down. :wink:

Iain
19th October 2004, 08:11 PM

Chill. :cool:
He hasn't changed his mind as far as I know. I just couldn't confirm our stay unless he did.
We'll still be able to listen to his Jessica Simpson CDs on the way down. :wink:
If one of you guy's want a lift, I will be driving down by myself so one of you doesn't have to sit in the back of Tezza's car.... :lol:

Choppa
19th October 2004, 08:25 PM
Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa
Maybe: Jarro, Eag's,

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

I have only just come to the realisation that an early morning drive would not be pretty.

I know I am a bit late but if there is a spare spot I would like to join this motley crew. :smt029 :smt030 :smt028 :smt084 :smt078

What do you reckon AP? :smt059

AndyP
19th October 2004, 08:29 PM
Who me? :?

As long as we aren't sharing a room, it all good. 8) :lol:

Choppa
19th October 2004, 08:35 PM
Who me? :?

As long as we aren't sharing a room, it all good. 8) :lol:

I thought you were organising this AP. Guess not. :?

Anyone want to share with a smokin', snorin', fartin', sleep walkin' alcho? :lol: :lol: Only jokin', honestly. I don't smoke. :lol:

AndyP
19th October 2004, 08:44 PM
I thought you were organising this AP. Guess not. :?

The NSW lads are forced to book accom, so I figure they may as well do ours as well. :wink:

The links to the motels provided previously (Champs thread), could accommodate four, so you may be in luck.

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 08:51 PM
Anyone want to share with a smokin', snorin', fartin', sleep walkin' alcho? :lol: :lol:

I seem to recall you're a pretty good spewer too.....
:smt030 :smt078

This is gonna be all class. :smt023

terryand
19th October 2004, 08:53 PM
I'm still going down Saturday afternoon, I haven't been told I'm not aloud to yet by the boss :wink:

Come to think of it I should probably tell her about the weekend :-k

Iain if you want to jump in with us I can pick you up on the way....you just have to stand at your nearest exit on the Logan Motorway :smt023 I promise I'll slow down to at least 20 km/h :smt047

Terry.

Iain
19th October 2004, 09:04 PM
I'm still going down Saturday afternoon, I haven't been told I'm not aloud to yet by the boss :wink:

Come to think of it I should probably tell her about the weekend :-k

Iain if you want to jump in with us I can pick you up on the way....you just have to stand at your nearest exit on the Logan Motorway :smt023 I promise I'll slow down to at least 20 km/h :smt047

Terry.
That'll work Tezza, thanks.... :wink: :smt038

Should be an interesting trip down, with Andippy, Vegas, Tezza and Unit.... :lol:

Cause I'm the Unit, I bags the front seat.... 8) :P

Iain

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 09:07 PM
Cause I'm the Unit, I bags the front seat.... 8) :P

Iain

No chance junior. :P Kids in the back (ie. you and Andippy). Old blokes up front. 8)

terryand
19th October 2004, 09:11 PM
Jeez Iain, I think Vegas might have you by a cm or two and a couple of kilo's :?

Terry.

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 09:13 PM
Jeez Iain, I think Vegas might have you by a cm or two and a couple of kilo's :?

Terry.

And 6 years. Respect your elders Iain. :smt004

Iain
19th October 2004, 09:21 PM

Terry.

Gee Vegas, I had you pegged for another 5 on top of that...... :smt044 :smt043 :smt110 :smt082 :smt036

Worth a shot Tez, Nudgee's bigger than me too, but I still got Unit.... :roll:

Iain

terryand
19th October 2004, 09:28 PM

Terry.

Gee Vegas, I had you pegged for another 5 on top of that...... :smt044 :smt043 :smt110 :smt082 :smt036

Worth a shot Tez, Nudgee's bigger than me too, but I still got Unit.... :roll:

Iain

Holy crap...just think if it was Nudgee in with us and not AndyP...WOW.....

Not so sqeezy...

Terry.

AndyP
19th October 2004, 09:28 PM
Hmmmm, that's a very interesting discussion you are having there boys. :-k
But you are forgetting one thing. I will be in the car first. :twisted:

However, by the time we get around to picking you guys up, Terry will be sick of me and will have kicked me into the back anyway.

Iain
19th October 2004, 09:36 PM

However, by the time we get around to picking you guys up, Terry will be sick of me and will have kicked me into the back anyway.
Not even in the car yet Andy, and I'm sick of you..... :P :P :smt005

Just joking Andy...... :wink: Looking forward to it, should be a great weekend. 8)

Eag's
19th October 2004, 09:54 PM
I am a definite for Sat arvo guys so I am up for a few coldies :smt030 :smt023
I am happy to share a room with whoever and cost is not a worry :)

damoocow
19th October 2004, 09:58 PM
my god you lot are a pack of dills - what do the last few posts mean ? -
disregarding the fact that you all are likely and potential axe murderers or even worse, possible pigeon fanciers - I am available to fill a spare spot [not bed ! ] settle down - I know I'm cute and although I have been drinking tonight it doesn't mean you'll get lucky, 'what is this thing called , love ?' - anywho - if you have an odd # for the accom I'll make up the extra person if you like - doesn't matter if I come down on the Sat arvo or Sun morning to me - you can use me to plug the gap if you like [hope that doesn't sound too Benny Hillish !]
damoocow

AndyP
20th October 2004, 06:09 AM
I am happy to share a room with whoever and cost is not a worry :)

Woohoo, Eag's shout. \:D/
The Radisson please. :wink:

BrisVegas
20th October 2004, 08:42 AM

You know he's got a ute don't you Andy??? :wink: Plenty of room under the tonneau... :lol:

BrisVegas
20th October 2004, 08:50 AM

Terry.

Kids... :smt011

Choppa
20th October 2004, 09:09 AM
Have we even solved anything yet :smt102

You 5 big burly blokes are going to be cosy now aren't you :smt057

I will be driving down in my medium size 4wd wagon all by myself. :smt069
I'm sure I could accommodate at least one or two more.

BrisVegas
20th October 2004, 09:25 AM
I will be driving down in my medium size 4wd wagon all by myself. :smt069
I'm sure I could accommodate at least one or two more.

Thanks for the offer, and if I lived on your side of town, that would be great. But Tez, Andy and me are all Westies, so it makes sense to car pool. Eag's might be looking for a ride though...

Hope the Sydney boys are keeping track of all this, they're booking the hotel after all !! :? :wink:

AndyP
20th October 2004, 09:36 AM
You 5 big burly blokes are going to be cosy now aren't you :smt057

Just because Iain has a split personality doesn't mean we have 5. There's still only four of us in the ute.

Jono
21st October 2004, 11:36 PM
Time to get organised, boys. Since nobody is stepping up for the job, I'll go ahead and book at the following place.

http://www.wotif.com/City-Lights-Motel.html

Unless there are strong objections, I'll go with the City Lights Motel. It seems to have most creature comforts we need.

At last count, we had

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa, Eag's
Maybe: Jarro

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

Now, it says the maximum occupancy in the Deluxe room is 4, but then goes on to say that the bed configuration is 1 Double and 1 Single beds, or 1 Queen and 1 Single. How you can fit 4 blokes into those bed configurations is beyond me. (I just had the mental image of Briz, Tezza, and AndyP sleeping on a Queen size bed ... ain't pretty ... :lol: )

If we have 8 people for Saturday night, then it will be $75 + $20 = $95 for 4 people. So that works out about $24 each (2 rooms for 8 people). If we have 9 people (when Jarro decides), then we'll make it 3 rooms. $75 + $10 = $85 for 3 people. So that's approx $28.50 each.

Let me know ASAP if this suits, and I'll make the bookings.

Jarro
22nd October 2004, 04:20 AM
Jono,

.. go ahead and book for 8 people mate, i doubt whether i'll be able to get there Saturday night.

AndyP
22nd October 2004, 06:32 AM
Suits me, Jono. Thanks.

Iain
22nd October 2004, 06:37 AM
Looks good to me Jono..... :wink:

Execute u-turn immediately before south tweed tavern...

Looks like we may not have far to stumble either..... :lol:

Iain

Jono
22nd October 2004, 06:38 AM
I am going to make the bookings tonight around 7pm. As it stands, it looks like 2 rooms for Sat, and 1 room for Sun.

If anyone else is interested, please reply to this thread before 7pm tonight.

BrisVegas
22nd October 2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks for stepping up and booking all this Jono. There might be one more for the champs and hotel (brooky17 - Jayson). He is very keen, but has to sort out staff today so that he can get away. I'll chase him up and post here again before the day is out.

Saturday Night
Maybe: Jarro, brooky17

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

Choppa
22nd October 2004, 08:45 AM
Looks good.

Thanks Jono :smt023

AndyP
22nd October 2004, 09:02 AM
From memory, damoocow was staying if there was a spare spot in one of the rooms.

Saturday Night
Maybe: Jarro, brooky17, damoocow

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

markTHEblake
22nd October 2004, 10:49 AM
Yo blokes should check out the accomadation at the golf course motel. they have package rates for golf and room, beakfast and dinner.
Once you add all that up together it might work out better for ya's

http://www.cooltweedgolf.com.au/cooltweedgolfclub.htm

click golf, then stay play.

BrisVegas
22nd October 2004, 11:12 AM
OK, Jayson has confirmed he's a definite starter for the golf and the hotel, wherever that may be!

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa, Eag's, brooky17,
Maybe: Jarro, damoocow

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono[/quote]

damoocow
22nd October 2004, 05:29 PM
OK sounds good Jono - count me in for Sat night - wherever it may be [cheap!]

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa, Eag's, brooky17, damoocow
Maybe: Jarro,

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono[/quote]

damoocow

nudgee
22nd October 2004, 06:59 PM
and count me in as well for wherever it may be!!

J

Jarro
22nd October 2004, 08:03 PM
sounds like it could be more fun the night before than at the actual golf :roll:

save a spot for me on the floor somewhere boys ... i'll try and get down there for a few ales with ya's 8)

Jono
22nd October 2004, 08:35 PM
Booking has been made.

Address of motel:

35 Old Pacific Highway
Tweed Heads South
NSW 2486

Directions:

We are located approx 1km from central Tweed CBD on the old pacific highway.
Coming from the north take tweed heads (kennedy drive) exit from gold coast highway, turn left into kennedy drive cross under boyd's bay bridge & proceed south for approx 2km. Execute u-turn immediately before south tweed tavern to enter from opposite side of highway.
Coming from the south, follow tweed heads south signs past Tweed City shopping centre, south tweed bowls club and enter 200 metres past hotel on left.

3 rooms booked under Jono, Tezza, and Trung.

Cost. Approx $25 per person.

terryand
22nd October 2004, 08:48 PM
What time are we thinking of getting there?

Are we going to the motel first then to dinner(if at E/lL) or to E/L then down to the motel.

Also not forgeting we have to pick up our southern cousins from the airport.

Thoughts people.

Terry.

BrisVegas
22nd October 2004, 09:11 PM
What time are we thinking of getting there?

Are we going to the motel first then to dinner(if at E/lL) or to E/L then down to the motel.

I think blakey said Emmy Lakes was 20 mins north of Coolangatta, so makes sense to go there first for dinner and drinks etc. I wouldn't mind belting a few pills on the range, as it will be 2 weeks since my last hit by then.. (I doubt I'll be drinking, if you need a designated driver from EL to the hotel.)

As far as when we leave....?? You're the bus driver Tez, so you name the time and I'll be waiting at the curb! 8) :D

damoocow
22nd October 2004, 10:29 PM
I would prefer NOT to be checking in at the motel at 1030pm, half cut and worrying if 42 balls will be enough for the following day - although Emmy sounds good i would really prefer to sink a few closer to where we are staying so I do not have the driving hassle [and I don't mean on the 1st tee] I was thinking of going down mid arvo perhaps, hit a few range balls - eat something , get shitfaced , vomit, abuse fellow competitors, vomit again, have a nightcap, eat vomit for supper and sleep in own urine - sounds like the plan for me [ bugger forgot to leave room for noisy masturbation !]
damoocow

markTHEblake
22nd October 2004, 11:53 PM
35 Old Pacific Highway

Be carefull boys, lots of nice establishments in this street, lit up with bright red lights so there easier to find.

Hope nobody walks into the wrong room.

davidp
22nd October 2004, 11:59 PM
35 Old Pacific Highway

Be carefull boys, lots of nice establishments in this street, lit up with bright red lights so there easier to find.

Hope nobody walks into the wrong room.

mTb, leave my mother out of it!! :evil:

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 08:39 AM
I would prefer NOT to be checking in at the motel at 1030pm, half cut and worrying if 42 balls will be enough for the following day - although Emmy sounds good i would really prefer to sink a few closer to where we are staying so I do not have the driving hassle [and I don't mean on the 1st tee] I was thinking of going down mid arvo perhaps, hit a few range balls - eat something , get shitfaced , vomit, abuse fellow competitors, vomit again, have a nightcap, eat vomit for supper and sleep in own urine - sounds like the plan for me [ bugger forgot to leave room for noisy masturbation !]
damoocow

this is beginning to sound like an NIB outing Damo :roll:

Blakey, care to tell us which of these fine red-light motels have the best service :wink:

I'm sure you've stayed in one before haven't you.

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 11:55 AM
No Jarro, sorry to dissapoint you. Its just well known because of the publicity the new brothel laws generated. Besides there are others much closer to home (3 mins drive)

FWIW a freind of mums got a job in a brothel as a receptionist. She said the girls were all hideous and on drugs.

Besides why pay for something thats free that i dont want anyway?

AndyP
23rd October 2004, 04:33 PM
Booking has been made.

Thanks for that Jono. :smt023

Nice to see a couple of the lads lob there name in at the last minute. :roll:

Tezza, hope you took note of the directions. I'll be in the back seat, so someone else will need to be your navigator. =;

Choppa
23rd October 2004, 04:46 PM
Sounds to me like the logistics of the night before is going to more complex than the Game itself.:?

AP, I think you might need to get a committee together. :smt038

I wouldn't mind heading down late afternoon and getting settled before dinner.

AndyP
23rd October 2004, 05:19 PM
AP, I think you might need to get a committee together. :smt038

Taken care of. Rang the motel and hired a VCR player for the night.

Jarro, can you bring some of your video collection? :smt061 :smt079 :smt056 :smt077

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 05:28 PM
Jarro, can you bring some of your video collection? :smt061 :smt079 :smt056 :smt077

No

Onewood
23rd October 2004, 05:31 PM

No

Thats the answer I like :D Short, sweet and to the point :wink:

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 07:28 PM
Jarro, you said you were going to bring some of your movies as prizes?

Bring the home movie of yours, when your Girlfreind gets a puncture, that one is a riot.

Jarro
23rd October 2004, 07:35 PM
Bring the home movie of yours, when your Girlfreind gets a puncture, that one is a riot.

OK .. will do.

I made sure i fixed the puncture before i sent her back to you Blakey, thanks again for the loan of her :wink:

.. and before you offer, NO ... i don't want to borrow your boy blow up doll.

markTHEblake
23rd October 2004, 07:59 PM
Nice backhand return..... :oops:

macleod
25th October 2004, 12:28 PM
so what was the final count for those 100% coming down on satday night now?

BrisVegas
25th October 2004, 07:07 PM
From what I can tell (with last minute inclusions)....

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa, Eag's, brooky17, damoocow, jarro, nudgee

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

12 for Saturday.
2 for Sunday.

Jono
25th October 2004, 08:49 PM
OK. I rang the motel today and spoke to Kerry. She said we can check in late and that she'll leave the doors to the rooms open with the keys inside.

Bed arrangements:

Each room will have 1 single bed, 1 queen size bed, and 1 air filled mattress. 4 people to each room for Sat night.

We'll toss for the single beds ... :lol:

BrisVegas
25th October 2004, 08:56 PM
Each room will have 1 single bed, 1 queen size bed, and 1 air filled mattress. 4 people to each room for Sat night.

Oh my... :shock: :lol: Please, let's not use the word "toss" anymore when there are 4 grown men sharing each one of these rooms.... :wink:

I bags a room with choppa and brooky17. I know both of them are happily married and won't be up to any mischief during the night....

Jono
25th October 2004, 09:06 PM

Oh my... :shock: :lol: Please, let's not use the word "toss" anymore when there are 4 grown men sharing each one of these rooms.... :wink:

I bags a room with choppa and brooky17. I know both of them are happily married and won't be up to any mischief during the night....

You CRACK me up, Vegas ... :lol: Or shouldn't I use the word "crack" either? :wink:

Choppa
25th October 2004, 10:15 PM

WHAT :!: :!: :!:
I am going away for the weekend so I CAN get up to mischief. :twisted:
You and me in the double bed Vages :smt056

markTHEblake
25th October 2004, 11:22 PM
Thats it,I am not going to play golf with either of you again. :roll:

BrisVegas
25th October 2004, 11:37 PM
WHAT :!: :!: :!:
I am going away for the weekend so I CAN get up to mischief. :twisted:
You and me in the double bed Vages :smt056

I'm lost for words.... :smt011 :smt087 :smt009 :smt078

Not sure you wanna wake up next to me mate, seriously.... :oops: :smt031

Jarro
26th October 2004, 04:28 AM
who's the lucky girl gets to share the double bed with Tezza :lol:

thanks again for arranging the accom. Jono 8)

.. now where will you guys be around 9pm Saturday night :?: At Emmy Lakes G.C. .... or some other seedy,low-life joint :?

I'll be trying to get down there after work so let us know roughly where i can start looking for you all.

Jono
26th October 2004, 05:43 AM
If everyone is agreeable, should we agree to meet at Emy Lakes?

Trung and I arrive at the airport around 6:30pm. If Eags picks us up, we should be able to get to EL by 7pm. Bit of dinner, few drinks, maybe have a chip and a putt ... We can leave around 10-10:30pm and drive down to the motel.

Once we check in (say 11pm), those who want to can head out again to the local pubs/clubs/etc, and those who want to get an early night can stay at the motel.

Eag's
26th October 2004, 06:11 AM
If everyone is agreeable, should we agree to meet at Emy Lakes?

Trung and I arrive at the airport around 6:30pm. If Eags picks us up, we should be able to get to EL by 7pm. Bit of dinner, few drinks, maybe have a chip and a putt ... We can leave around 10-10:30pm and drive down to the motel.

Once we check in (say 11pm), those who want to can head out again to the local pubs/clubs/etc, and those who want to get an early night can stay at the motel.

No worries Jono, I will be there on time :wink:

AndyP
26th October 2004, 07:03 AM
11pm is a late night for me these days. :oops:

BrisVegas
26th October 2004, 11:02 AM
11pm is a late night for me these days. :oops:

Not wrong there mate! It's probably a more sensible idea to go somewhere within walking distance of the hotel, so those that don't wanna have a big night can simply walk back and go to bed. :idea:

AndyP
26th October 2004, 11:10 AM
It's probably a more sensible idea to go somewhere within walking distance of the hotel, so those that don't wanna have a big night can simply walk back and go to bed. :idea:
Agreed, my preference is for somewhere closer to base.

Jono
26th October 2004, 12:03 PM
It's probably a more sensible idea to go somewhere within walking distance of the hotel, so those that don't wanna have a big night can simply walk back and go to bed. :idea:
Agreed, my preference is for somewhere closer to base.

I'm easy. Do you know anywhere in particular around that area? Or should be check in early and see what's around?

What about meet at the motel around 7pm?

AndyP
26th October 2004, 12:19 PM
I believe that the car pool I am in will be checking in around 5 to 5:30p.

I haven't been to the Gold Coast very often, so I have no idea what would be in the local area for drinks and a meal.

Maybe exchanging of phone numbers is the way to go.

BrisVegas
26th October 2004, 12:31 PM
I believe that the car pool I am in will be checking in around 5 to 5:30p.

Yeah, I think the Terry and choppa car pools are heading out at 3pm or so. We could still pop in to Emmy Lakes to hit a bucket of pills on the way, or find somewhere further south. I'm always keen to go to a driving range. 8)
I have no idea what pubs/restaurants are around, so hopefully blakey or golfer69 will be able to recommend something. :? If we have a place sorted, then Jono, Eags and Trung can meet us there.... Oh, I suppose we could tell jarro as well.... :wink:

damoocow
26th October 2004, 12:33 PM
I'm with AP - I would rather just hang out locally - do not want to stuff around driving back and forth from other places [Emmy]
damoocow

drunken
26th October 2004, 03:43 PM
I hear that there's talk of another room being booked???

I've worked a few days this week so I'll be in for Saturday night if you're getting another room. :D

Eag's
26th October 2004, 04:52 PM
Yep I like the idea of heading somewhere close to save any dramas.
I would love to have a bash at a range as well if there is time :?:

terryand
26th October 2004, 05:54 PM
I think 3 to a room will be a more comfortable arrangement and if the numbers are odd and left with a 2.Nudgee and are willing to pay the extra for that room.

I don't know about you guys ut you can't put a price on a good night sleep :smt015

Terry.

AndyP
26th October 2004, 06:40 PM
I don't think there is an issue with getting an extra room, Tez. If you haven't already booked it, then do so. :smt045

Jono
26th October 2004, 08:26 PM
Just rang the motel to find out that Terry has already booked another room. It's going to be the same rate as the Wotif rate. ie. $75 per room for 2 people and $10 per extra person on top of that. So, if three people stay in a room, that will be about $30 per person.

So far, we have 12 people. If both Drunken and Jarro turn up, that will be 13. I need to let the motel manager know by Friday if there are going to be more than 12.

As someone already suggested, we should exchange mobile numbers. Can everyone sharing accomodation on Saturday PM me their mobile numbers and I'll PM the consolidated list to everyone. That way, no one will get lost ... :wink:

Man, I am looking forward to this weekend. My golf is pretty ordinary, but it should be fun. I hear Nudgee is just striping it at the moment. Thought of Nudgee hitting it straight ... scary ... :shock: :lol: We may as well play for second place. :roll:

damoocow
26th October 2004, 08:33 PM
don't have a mobile Jono - hang on no mobile , no ozgolf shirt, no real golf game to speak of - mmmm........perhaps I am just an imposter,
damoocow

Jono
26th October 2004, 08:36 PM
OK. We seem to have 13 for Sat night.

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa, Eag's, brooky17, damoocow, jarro, nudgee, drunken

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

We have 4 rooms, so one room will have 4 people. OR we can go for ANOTHER room.

damoocow
26th October 2004, 08:40 PM
With so many of us staying down at the Tweed - it would seem the best idea to me would be to stay pretty local [walking / staggering distance ] from the motel - I'm sure we can find plenty to drink around there [oh and there probably is food somewhere nearby for those who like solids].
damoocow

terryand
26th October 2004, 09:42 PM
OK. We seem to have 13 for Sat night.

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa, Eag's, brooky17, damoocow, jarro, nudgee, drunken

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

We have 4 rooms, so one room will have 4 people. OR we can go for ANOTHER room.

I guess it all boils down to,if there are 4 guys that want to share one room or 4 guys that are willing to pay the extra to have two, 2's and then three, 3's.

If it is the later, Nudgee and I will be willing to pay the extra...so if there is another 2 willing, I don't see why not.

Terry.

damoocow
26th October 2004, 09:49 PM
I would prefer to have a proper bed [rather than sleeping on the floor] - so whatever that means in terms of room arrangements I will take .
damoocow

AndyP
27th October 2004, 08:44 AM
Book a 5th room.

drunken
27th October 2004, 09:14 AM
Yep 5th room sounds good to me...I mean I'm sure we can all afford the extra $7..... :roll:

macleod
27th October 2004, 09:56 AM
if you're going the 5th room then count me in for satday night.

14 in 5 rooms, 3 per plus one of 2?

room for one more at the inn then i guess....

i'll have room for one golfer then in my car for the trip down so if anyone was sans transport that sorts it out as well.

damoocow
27th October 2004, 10:14 AM
extra room sounds like a good idea - will give some of you lard arses a chance to spread out - hee hee hee ! - oops did I think that or type it - bugger ... now I will be in the poo.
damoocow

drunken
27th October 2004, 10:26 AM
now I will be in the poo

yeah well there's a rumour he's split with Paris already... So are you trying to tell us something???? :smt078

macleod
27th October 2004, 10:36 AM
ok then...can i stay at your house richard? you live down the coast don't you?

can you cook me breakfast too? i'll have.....

"ask and ye shall receive" :D

macleod
27th October 2004, 10:50 AM
woohoo! im going to disneyland!
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/\:D/ \:D/

markTHEblake
27th October 2004, 09:04 PM
I'd be surprised if she didn't run you down .

more likely thats what will happen to you when you get back pissed from the races.

macleod
28th October 2004, 10:46 AM
so 5th room confirmed yet?

is there a final list for the roomies?

terryand
28th October 2004, 06:09 PM
The fifth room has been booked.

They had a large family room cancellation so we got that and seeing as I rang and are one of the larger guys going, I got my name on this one.

The guy also said that the South Tweed bowls club is 5 minutes walk away with a great Bistro and all the trimmings.

Terry.

Jono
28th October 2004, 06:28 PM

They had a large family room cancellation so we got that and seeing as I rang and are one of the larger guys going, I got my name on this one.

You're not so big, Shrek ... :wink: :lol:

Man, that motel will be full of Ozgolfers Saturday night!

We should aim to leave the motel by 5:30am (Qld time). Whoever manages to wake up can wake up the whole motel ... :wink:

AndyP
28th October 2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks Terry.
I didn't want to put a booking under a third name, and didn't want to forage around for the phone number.

Might be easier if Iain and I stay in the same room as you, if we are all travelling together. :idea:

Iain
28th October 2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks Terry.
I didn't want to put a booking under a third name, and didn't want to forage around for the phone number.

Might be easier if Iain and I stay in the same room as you, if we are all travelling together. :idea:
Sounds like a plan to me Andy, if it's ok with Tez. 8) :wink:

Iain

terryand
28th October 2004, 09:29 PM
Looks like Nudgee is riding with us now with the musical chairs happening in the cars :smt017

Nudgee and I where going to share a room if the numbers left an odd two, and leave the door open for Jarro if he makes it down....Sorry guys :smt102

Terry.

Eag's
29th October 2004, 02:37 AM

The guy also said that the South Tweed bowls club is 5 minutes walk away with a great Bistro and all the trimmings.

Terry.

Now this sounds like the plan to me Tez :smt023
A 5 minute stumble back to the motel is better than trying to work out designated drivers. :D

damoocow
29th October 2004, 08:18 AM
sounds like a great plan to me also.
damoocow

macleod
29th October 2004, 08:44 AM
ok, so im in for saturday night but not part of the large guy conspiracy, done! ;)

AndyP
29th October 2004, 08:51 AM
Bowls club sounds good, it is has the required "facilities".

Did they mention how close the South Tweed Tavern was?
whereis.com couldn't find the street that it was on, so I couldn't figure out whether is was walkable.

I guess Iain and I will plonk ourselves in another room, with a possible third person.
Drunken you are travelling up by yourself, are you interested?

damoocow
29th October 2004, 09:09 AM
Ok please bear with me on this - we tee off Sun morn at 615 Bris time - we have lunch and then tee off again about 1ish Brisbane time - am I going OK so far ? - cost is $75 for golf plus a possible extra $10 for prizes - hey I am on a roll now ! Accom will cost max $30-$35 , we are possibly eating and drinking close to the motel which is called .........................called .................c'mon help me out here ...the motel is called ?????
damoocow

macleod
29th October 2004, 09:17 AM
ok, so im in for saturday night but not part of the large guy conspiracy, done! ;)

Sorry Mac...but I just looked up "wobble-bottom" in the dictionary and there was a picture of you there. :smt102
hey! :D

fat dullard perhaps but....

i have a svelte ass and you know it. if im like my dad i will edn up with no bum at 65...he has an indent there, it just wasted away....

macleod
29th October 2004, 09:19 AM
Ok please bear with me on this - we tee off Sun morn at 615 Bris time - we have lunch and then tee off again about 1ish Brisbane time - am I going OK so far ? - cost is $75 for golf plus a possible extra $10 for prizes - hey I am on a roll now ! Accom will cost max $30-$35 , we are possibly eating and drinking close to the motel which is called .........................called .................c'mon help me out here ...the motel is called ?????
damoocow
The OzGolf DutchOven Arms...

it is City Lights Motel

damoocow
29th October 2004, 09:25 AM
Score ?? - have no idea !! Never been there before - Haven't picked up the clubs for 2 weeks which for me should be a good thing 'familiarity breeds contempt ' and all that - what course do we play first 69 er ?
damoocow

AndyP
29th October 2004, 09:49 AM
And again. :roll:

West Course
Qld time: 0615-0700
NSW time: 0715-0800

River Course
(to be held after a shotgun comp finishes)
Approx
Qld time: 1215-1300
NSW time: 1315-1400

Cost is $75 incl carts (but not incl OZgolf Champ comp fee)
$75 fee can be paid by cash or card.

macleod
29th October 2004, 09:50 AM
best...summary...ever! thanks andy.

i printed that one out.

drunken
29th October 2004, 10:16 AM
Ok then AP. Looks like I'm sharing with yourself and Iain....

damoocow
29th October 2004, 11:40 AM
So Andy - we do not have a very long lunch stopover between course by the look of that - is that right?
damoocow

macleod
29th October 2004, 11:58 AM
carts might make it longer lunch? i can't recall how long the river course took on foot with ye olde Teamfore....

stableford should speed her up too?

i'll bring a cold bucket of kfc if you want damo.....if your group is behind mine i can leave a trail of the lesser parts (read the drumsticks and ribcages) in a hansel n gretel style trail into the woods for snacking on the go.

{hansel....he's so hot right now!}

AndyP
29th October 2004, 11:58 AM
So Andy - we do not have a very long lunch stopover between course by the look of that - is that right?
damoocow
5hr 15min from end of 1st tee time to start of second at a minimum. I would hope the rounds get finished in around 4hr 30min, considering we are using carts.

Some might have longer lunch breaks than others, considering the second round is a seeded draw.

BrisVegas
29th October 2004, 04:22 PM
For those interested in hitting some range balls tomorrow arvo, Terry has found a driving range quite close to the hotel...

Chinderah Golf Range
Chinderah Rd Chinderah NSW 2487
ph: (02) 6674 0420

http://www.whereis.com.au/whereis/mapping/zoomMap.do?mapIndex=2&brandId=1&level=4

I'm thinking about going there for a hit and giggle. Should be there about 4:00-4:30 if we leave at 3. Just a thought. Call me, or see you there. 8)

macleod
29th October 2004, 04:34 PM
sweet, so it's 14 for satday now

Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa, Eag's, brooky17, damoocow, jarro, nudgee, drunken, macleod

Sunday Night
100% Trung, Jono

jarro, are you still coming down mate?

Trung
29th October 2004, 06:12 PM
Saturday Night
100% Trung, Jono, Tezza, Iain, BrisVegas, AndyP, choppa, Eag's, brooky17, damoocow, jarro, nudgee, drunken, macleod

Sunday Night
100% Jono
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jono,

Due to an urgent business issue, I have to leave early and finalise a business deal with a client on Monday morning. I will be leaving Gold Coast on Sunday night at 8.20pm. Work is paying for the trip back. :D
No accomodation is needed for me. Sorry mate.

Eag's
29th October 2004, 06:31 PM
For those interested in hitting some range balls tomorrow arvo, Terry has found a driving range quite close to the hotel...

Chinderah Golf Range
Chinderah Rd Chinderah NSW 2487
ph: (02) 6674 0420

http://www.whereis.com.au/whereis/mapping/zoomMap.do?mapIndex=2&brandId=1&level=4

I'm thinking about going there for a hit and giggle. Should be there about 4:00-4:30 if we leave at 3. Just a thought. Call me, or see you there. 8)

Sounds good to me Vegas :wink:
Shall see you there :)

AndyP
29th October 2004, 08:27 PM
You guys are just obsessed with having a hit beforehand, aren't you?

What's the matter? Are you afraid of those of us who can just step up without any practice? :razz: :roll:

BrisVegas
29th October 2004, 08:33 PM
You guys are just obsessed with having a hit beforehand, aren't you?

What's the matter? Are you afraid of those of us who can just step up without any practice? :razz: :roll:
Not afraid mate, I just LOVE GOLF!!! I've gone to the trouble of getting a leave pass from the missus, so I'm keen to play as much as possible!!! :lol: