PDA

View Full Version : Hogan Apex Edge/FTX etc

Chris32
22nd February 2008, 01:06 PM
Seeing if anyone has a set of Hogan's knocking about.

Apex Edge or FTX, preferably Reg. shafts

Cheers

PeteyD
22nd February 2008, 02:09 PM
DC might have one - send him a PM

perci
22nd February 2008, 03:12 PM
I saw a set of Apex Plus 2-pitch with 5.5 Rifles in fair nick at Cash Converters the other day for $240.

Jarro
22nd February 2008, 03:15 PM
I saw a set of Apex Plus 2-pitch with 5.5 Rifles in fair nick at Cash Converters the other day for $240.

Which cash converters ?

PeteyD
22nd February 2008, 03:16 PM
Who looks at golf clubs in Pawnbrokers?

andylo
22nd February 2008, 04:10 PM
I do.... quite often too.

pt73
22nd February 2008, 04:14 PM
Me, I got a tight a$$ mate a Cobra 5 wood in great condition for $20, mind you some of their prices have also been way off.

PT

jimandr
22nd February 2008, 07:28 PM
Who looks at golf clubs in Pawnbrokers?

I used to, partly because I used to be in charge of the CityRail Lost Property Auction, and most of the buyers of stuff are the Second Hand Dealers. So I would have a look at their markup from what they picked up their goods for, and what price they put on it in the shop.

Nowadays, with the internet and in particular ebay, the second hand dealers usually know what stuff is worth, so it is hard to find real bargains in golf clubs or anything else for that matter.

Sometimes you see clubs that might possibly be collectors items (hickory shafts and the like) at throwaway prices, but the newish golf equipment is usually priced accordingly.

There is more chance of a genuine bargain at the Salvo's or St Vinnies, but my local ones don't get golf stuff very often.

PeteyD
24th February 2008, 07:41 PM
Yea that was what I thought. Anything half decent is overpriced, particularly after using lowball central here.