PDA

View Full Version : Accenture Matchplay only on Ten HD

hunter
19th February 2008, 08:04 AM
Was just going through the TV guide to see when the Accenture Matchplay starts on Fox Sports. Much to my annoyance I have now realised that it won’t be shown at all on Fox Sports. It is only going to be shown on thr new Ten HD channel. This channel is only available in the capital cities which dosn’t help anyone like me in a regional centre. It gets worse though as I understand that Ten HD has the exclusive rights to a number of other golf tournamants some of which include the Tournamant Players Championship. Not Happy.

goughy
19th February 2008, 08:19 AM
Is this the same tenHD channel which shows on my regional TV guide? Or is there a second one in the capital cities? My mate gets ten HD up here.

hunter
19th February 2008, 08:27 AM
I believe its the stand alone channel only currently available only in capital cities. http://ten.com.au/ten/tv_hd.html

goughy
19th February 2008, 08:31 AM
My region guide shows all that. I've been bitching about journeyman being on tenhd up here but not on sd! Can't wait for my tv to arrive!!!

Jarro
19th February 2008, 08:40 AM
I'll tape it for you hunter ;)

TS
19th February 2008, 10:05 AM
When is it on?

Jarro
19th February 2008, 10:10 AM
Thursday i think

Rusty
19th February 2008, 11:36 AM
got me stuffed why they don't show it atleast on sd as well.

Fishman Dan
19th February 2008, 05:01 PM
Get with the program!!

I'm going to enjoy it ;)

Jarro
19th February 2008, 06:41 PM
Me too :)

Webster
19th February 2008, 06:49 PM
Yay!

markTHEblake
19th February 2008, 07:42 PM
about friggin time the FTA channels started taking advantage of the ability to broadcast multiple programming.

goughy
19th February 2008, 07:44 PM
Had a look and it's on friday morning at 6am on our regional

goughy
19th February 2008, 08:13 PM
about friggin time the FTA channels started taking advantage of the ability to broadcast multiple programming.

It's not even that! The buggers are putting different programing on sd and hd, when like the abc they can have multiple of each. Why not have two or 3 sd and hd channels mirroring each?

Boonie
20th February 2008, 10:20 PM
Sorry to ask a stupid question here, but this stuff goes over my head.

I am in a capital city, I have foxtel digital, I have a normal TV with no fancy free to air channels that I'm aware of (no in built tuners or HD).

Can I watch this golf? If so where? If not - sh1t

Moe Norman
20th February 2008, 11:00 PM
no you can't.

sell 10 putters and buy yourself a new TV mate!

Fishman Dan
21st February 2008, 05:57 AM
With Formula 1 (admittedly who gives a crap), US Open and Masters golf, and the footy - you should get onto HD TV in some fashion Boonie!

Jarro
21st February 2008, 08:55 AM
Tiger's struggling early on ...... JB Holmes is playing really well against him.

Golf in HD format is ****in' brilliant too 8):smt038

Grunt
21st February 2008, 08:58 AM
Is it delayed on ten. The website shows they have played 10 holes. Woods that is.

Edit make that 12.

Jarro
21st February 2008, 09:02 AM
Pretty sure it's live grunt.

Tiger teed off at 12:05 local time, which was 6:05am our (my) time.

Grunt
21st February 2008, 09:10 AM
Just wondering, not many Aussies have done any good.

Fishman Dan
21st February 2008, 09:19 AM
I saw Tiger tee off (OB) at 6am Sydney time - so Jarro, you might be on an hour delay?

Boonie
21st February 2008, 09:30 AM
no you can't.

sell 10 putters and buy yourself a new TV mate!

Fair point Thommo - you sound like my wife;). Just about to do a massive offload of my spare gear on ebay actually. My wife has had an account up and running for a while and has some good feedback racked up.

Problem is, I'm going to get 15 people telling me 15 different things on what TV to get - and I won't understand any of them. I get so unbelievably lost in technospeak, it drives me insane and makes me not go to the effort.

kpac
21st February 2008, 09:44 AM
definitely wasn't live - fair bit behind actually. But HD was nice - wow they get the courses in amazing shape over there!!! I dunno whether its a great course or not but they must put some work into getting it up to that sort of standard.

3oneday
21st February 2008, 09:48 AM
Ok, more info required... what do I need for HD TV ?

kpac
21st February 2008, 09:48 AM
Just wondering, not many Aussies have done any good.

aussies went pretty well i thought....

except allenby - but he's a drip anyway.

markTHEblake
21st February 2008, 10:15 AM
Ok, more info required... what do I need for HD TV ?

a HDTV would work really well.

Eag's
21st February 2008, 10:21 AM
So if you don't have a HDTV then you don't get to see the golf???
That is ****ed :smt013

3oneday
21st February 2008, 10:33 AM
a HDTV would work really well.so you can't have the box thingo like with digital ?

moree golfer
21st February 2008, 10:39 AM
My limited understanding is that if you have a set top box or HDD with HDMI then you can supposedly get HD channels. That is my current project at present, investigating which HDD unit to buy so I can record golf etc at watch when I am not required to bathe/change/look after our 6 week old girl.

jaybam
21st February 2008, 10:39 AM
GEt a hd set top box or tv with in built hd tuner then you can watch. Ogilvy also got beaten :( The other aussies have done well

markTHEblake
21st February 2008, 10:55 AM
so you can't have the box thingo like with digital ?

a lot of the TV's now have a built in tuner, so that would be the simplest way.

I am not sure if a HD signal from a box thingo will play on an old SD tv.

kpac
21st February 2008, 11:12 AM

hmmm. i thought it would have - just in SD though...
i'm watching TenHD in SD through HTPC and a set-top reciever i've got in the computer.
If i connect it to true HD screen i get HD (i think)

Iain
21st February 2008, 11:15 AM

It will....

moree golfer
21st February 2008, 11:19 AM
hmmm. i thought it would have - just in SD though...
i'm watching TenHD in SD through HTPC and a set-top reciever i've got in the computer.
If i connect it to true HD screen i get HD (i think)

Excuse my ignorance but what is a HTPC?

kpac
21st February 2008, 11:35 AM
i've got a PC hooked upto my TV - i recieve HD channels through the receiver in the PC.
HTPC is home theatre PC.

markTHEblake
21st February 2008, 11:46 AM
hmmm. i thought it would have - just in SD though..

3oneday might still have an analogue tv :-)

Rusty
21st February 2008, 12:49 PM
Stenson's heeled 3w on 18 was a bit of a surprise! still closed out Allenby's come back tho.

Tiger's comes back after 4 down to JB Holmes - what a come back!

Jarro
21st February 2008, 12:51 PM
Not much JB could've done about it either, he was playing pretty good on his own.

Iain
21st February 2008, 01:00 PM
3oneday might still have an analogue tv :-)

What would that matter??

pt73
21st February 2008, 01:01 PM
Pictures were awesome but the commentary was a bit bland. It sounded like the guy that usually covers the ad breaks from the US feed when it's shown on Fox.

PT

markTHEblake
21st February 2008, 01:22 PM
What would that matter??

I recall that prior to Digital Tv, the sellers would recommend the TV's that are digital ready, over the ones that were not, thus implying that there are some TV's that wont work with digital set top boxes.

Sydney Hacker
21st February 2008, 02:37 PM
Sorry to sound like a complete dunderhead... but I have an old tv (about 10 yrs old) in the family room, which is my tv.The wife is not allowed to touch it, unless I have dropped the remote out of reach and I need the channel changed urgently.

If I buy a high definition box and wack it on this tv, should I be able to view the telecasts of the golf etc ? Not overly fussed that the quality won't be the best, I just want to be able to sit out there with my esky watching sport.

3oneday
21st February 2008, 02:52 PM
Nicely said ;)

Eag's
21st February 2008, 02:56 PM
Looks like it is time to update the T.V. :roll:

Jarro
21st February 2008, 02:59 PM
Do it Eagsy, you wont regret it :smt023

goughy
21st February 2008, 09:48 PM
OK, maybe I won't be able to watch it yet after all!!! My regional online tv guide says that it's simulcast for most of the day with the extra shows as you have in brissie. But so far I'm watching pics of tigers etc on it, with the exception of that damian leith kids thing at 8pm. Will have to look in the morning to see if I get the golf.

I'll be peeved if I'm not gonna get any of the IPL. Ten is spose to broadcast every match on HD I believe!

goughy
21st February 2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry Hunter, I was wrong and you were right!

I spoke to my mate tonight who watches 10HD up here. He told me tonight that his 10HD is the Brisbane VHF signal - he gets it from his position in toowoomba, I don't.

Ten's website says that they don't own the regional stations themselves, and that they expect them to have HD on by the middle of next year!

Jarro
22nd February 2008, 10:59 AM
Nice win to Appleby (over Mickleson)

Adam Scott has to be the worst putter on the PGA Tour, he missed some putts that Moe could've made lefthanded :roll:

Good to see Pamps win his match too ... he's due to play Vijay tomorrow, should be a ripper :)

kpac
22nd February 2008, 11:15 AM
Nice win to Allenby (over Mickleson)

Stuart?

Jarro
22nd February 2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks ging, my bad :(

kpac
22nd February 2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks ging, my bad :(
no worries baldie,

nice win all same! scotty had a shocker, couldn't close the door.

benstone
22nd February 2008, 01:37 PM
Go here http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=6522&part=sports and watch it through Windows Media Player. The commentary is in Korean, but at least you get to watch it. I had a quick look this morning and it was pretty good, even when zoomed up to full screen.

Rusty
22nd February 2008, 06:52 PM
gees Stenson's making tough work of it, after being up a few, having to go to the 25th hole today to beat Immelman

Jarro
23rd February 2008, 05:38 PM
Badds.com played pretty well, pushing Tiger to extra holes.

Pamps also played well but was beaten by VJ ..... i believe he played really well but you wouldn't know by the coverage he got :roll:

shazza_rs
23rd February 2008, 05:41 PM
I am finding the coverage pretty bloody awful to be honest.

They only show all of tigers match and only a few shots here and there of the other matches....... i'm sick of only watching tiger.... :(

Fishman Dan
23rd February 2008, 06:56 PM
I am finding the coverage pretty bloody awful to be honest.

They only show all of tigers match and only a few shots here and there of the other matches....... i'm sick of only watching tiger.... :(

That's the PGA Tour coverage full-stop. And if Tiger isn't playing, it's Mickelson... or any other American in the Top 10. It's terrible coverage.

But did anyone else see when Tiger nailed the spectator on the head? Saw it in full 1080p. Saw the poor bastard hit the ground like a sack of spuds in full HD!

Jarro
23rd February 2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah i saw that too , OUCH !!! How good is that vision from the airship 8)

Anyway, Tiger deserves lots of coverage because he's #1 in the world ... BUT... they could at least show tee-shots and iron-shots from a lot more of the field ! I reckon i saw Pamps hit probably 2 shots all day ... plus a couple of putts.

That's pretty crap coverage.

senecio
24th February 2008, 09:53 AM
Is anyone else starting to get the sh!ts with that Sony Bravia add!!

It must be the only add thats ever been recorded in HD or something.

Jarro
24th February 2008, 01:40 PM
Is anyone else starting to get the sh!ts with that Sony Bravia add!!

It must be the only add thats ever been recorded in HD or something.

Between the Sony and the Flight Centre adds, i'm ready to throw a beer at the telly next time they come on :mad:

Works though, i can't get that Rolling Stones song out've my head now :lol:

Rusty
25th February 2008, 12:36 PM
bit of an anti-climax to the championship. i thought Cabrera was running pretty hot. expected him to go further. i didn't catch any of his match with Cink tho.

i kept thinking that Bravia add was about rabbits and the Easter bunny for some weird reason. mmm, yes... must buy some chocolate.