PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Olympic Stealth's??

Mark_W
18th February 2008, 11:07 AM
As background I played my first game of golf for 27 odd years the other dayt and enjoyed it.

Decided to get some lessons - the first of which was this morning. I chatted to the pro giving the lesson afterwards asking him about clubs. I am only in the market for an inexpensive set (ie cheap) as money is tight. At the same time I don't want to be buying rubbish as they I will want them to last for a while.

Anyway - long story short he has a complete set of Olympic Stealth clubs he has just traded. They look fairly new and in reasonable condition. He says they would be suitable for me although he didn't do any measuring etc bar look at my stance with one of the clubs.

I have never heard of the brand and a google on the net didn't show anything either.

He wants $230 including bag for the set.

Anyone have any opinion?

Thanks in advance.

AndyP
18th February 2008, 11:14 AM
I've never heard of them, but there's plenty of brands like that in the golf shops.

andylo
18th February 2008, 11:47 AM
MW if you are in Brisbane I can intro you to someone sell quality component WITH all the measurements in around $350.

A properly fitted club will benefit an average hacker a lot more than a better player.

Mark_W
18th February 2008, 02:09 PM
andylo - I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately I am in Port Macquarie NSW. I did find out the Olympic Stealth are sold at Amart All Sport - $399 incl a $49 buggy.

I think I'll keep looking on eBay and the Pro shop here for a decent brand name.

Cheers.

mikezone13
18th February 2008, 04:19 PM
andylo - I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately I am in Port Macquarie NSW. I did find out the Olympic Stealth are sold at Amart All Sport - $399 incl a $49 buggy.

I think I'll keep looking on eBay and the Pro shop here for a decent brand name.

Cheers.

Can get some bargains on ebay at the moment... I just picked up 2 sets of Macgregor M685's for mates at under $300 per set landed brand new in Aus.

They're so nice and shiny I just about want some myself.