PDA

View Full Version : Ar$e about - oh well

Mark_W
15th February 2008, 09:55 PM
I've already posted in the equipment Forum and have already been given some good advice from some posters here.

Even though it's a bit ar$e about I thought I should still post a welcome post.

Me... mug who played his first game since the age of 16 the other day - I'm 43 now so you might say I'm a bit rusty :-s

Anyway - really enjoyed it and have a lesson booked for this Monday and in the market for a good (and cheap ) set of L plate clubs.

Found this forum and am reading as much as I can to learn what I can.

AndyP
15th February 2008, 10:07 PM
Found this forum and am reading as much as I can to learn what I can.
All should be taken with a grain of salt, of course. :wink:

Courty
16th February 2008, 12:21 AM
Welcome Mark. Whereabouts do you live/ play?

Mark_W
16th February 2008, 07:40 AM
Courty - live in Port Macquarie. Will probably join Wauchope where my brother inlaw is a member and will there and Port mostly I guess.

jimandr
21st February 2008, 10:47 PM
Welcome, Mark.

It's a pity you took your time in joining. If you had've joined on the 12th or 13th, I would've told you that I was spending the week from 14 to 21 Feb on holidays in Port Macquarie, and we could've discussed golfing matters in person.

I returned to Sydney today. I played at Wauchope while I was there. It was a bit wet, and I have to say I wasn't overly impressed, but at least you can always get on. Port Macquarie was very busy each day I looked, so I didn't play there.

Anyway, keep your eyes open. PMQ is a great holiday destination, and I'm sure other Ozgolfers will visit in due course.

Fishman Dan
24th February 2008, 08:05 PM
Courty - live in Port Macquarie. Will probably join Wauchope where my brother inlaw is a member and will there and Port mostly I guess.

Hey Mark - how is Emerald Downs coming along? Have they built the second 9?

Mark_W
29th February 2008, 01:30 PM
FD - yes the 2nd 9 @Emerald Downs was finished about 12 months ago or so I think..... I played it the other day.

No point what its like though - number 1 it was only me 2nd game in god knows how long - and number 2 I spent all my time in the rough :)

Mark_W
29th February 2008, 01:33 PM
Jim - probably a good thing we didnt meet up - my golf is... well my golf really shouldnt be called golf lol...

Played Wauchope on Wednesday - still very wet.

Pro out there seems very nice / helpful though which for a mug like me is a plus

mikezone13
29th February 2008, 02:42 PM
I played Emerald Downs a couple years back, and it wasn't too bad.. Port Macquarie though is definitely a great little track.. greens like glass when we were there

Fishman Dan
29th February 2008, 03:29 PM
I played the back 9 of Port Maq and thought it was great, and played the 9 holes of Emmy Downs about 3 years ago which had some nice holes. The up'n'back few holes I believe were going to be split up once the newer holes were in play.