PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine Coast 6-14 Nov

amanda
19th October 2004, 08:54 AM
Hey everyone,

We are coming north for a week of rest & relaxation. Anyone fancy a game some time between Sat 6 Nov and Sun 14th? Our flight gets in to Maroochydore at 11am and I think we depart at about lunchtime.

Someone mentioned Bribie Island (g69) as a nice place to play. Any other suggestions? We don't mind driving south towards Brisbane as we will have a car.

andylo
19th October 2004, 09:09 AM
Hi Mandy,

Welcome :)

I am looking into Ebay to see if I can have a game with you and your honey in Brookwater. (Kee you are in do you??)

AndyP
19th October 2004, 09:16 AM
amanda, I can base myself on the Coast for one of those weekends, if you'd like.

Would you feel like playing on the Saturday 6th, after getting in at lunchtime.
Nambour has open comps on the Saturdays, but the tee times would probably only run to 1p.
Let me know if you want to play at Nambour at all (certainly not the greatest course on the coast), otherwise we can try elsewhere.

I am playing Bribie this weekend, so I would be lukewarm about making another trip down there a couple of weeks after (about an hours drive).

Plenty of options though. Caboolture, Beerwah, Horton Park......

ATM, we have a OZgolf game organised for Jimboomba on Sunday 14th, which you won't be able to make, but I don't mind giving it up to make a trip back to the Coast to meet a Sydney member, if this is a better weekend for you. :)

Shavey hasn't given us a date for the November Round at Northlakes (just north of Bris) yet, so that might fit in nicely for you too. :cool:

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 09:21 AM
ATM, we have a OZgolf game organised for Jimboomba on Sunday 14th, which you won't be able to make, but I don't mind giving it up to make a trip back to the Coast to meet a Sydney member, if this is a better weekend for you. :)

The game at Hills (Jimboomba) is planned for the Saturday open comp, not Sunday.

Must plays at the Sunshine Coast.... Pelican Waters and Hyatt Coolum.

amanda
19th October 2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys - how long is the drive from Caloundra to Brissie?

The game at Jimboomba sounds good - where is this course? Someone might need to give me directions! I'll pencil us in on that post.

AndyP
19th October 2004, 09:32 AM
The game at Hills (Jimboomba) is planned for the Saturday open comp, not Sunday.

Even better, although it is probably too big a drive for Amanda.

Must plays at the Sunshine Coast.... Pelican Waters and Hyatt Coolum.
I think I might follow A-Lo onto ebay to see if Pelican is available. BTW, it's now called Club Pelican. :roll:
I think you can only get on Hyatt on Thursdays, unless you are staying there.

amanda
19th October 2004, 09:41 AM
Wow - I didn't realise Jimboomba was so far away - so that will rule us out unfortunately - we didn't want to do too much driving.

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 09:46 AM
Wow - I didn't realise Jimboomba was so far away - so that will rule us out unfortunately - we didn't want to do too much driving.

:lol: :lol: I was just about to tell you how far it is (about 2 hours)...

amanda
19th October 2004, 09:47 AM
What should I expect to pay at Club Pelican? The "other" site allows you to buy vouchers for $75pp (meant to be a saving of $20) including cart.

andylo
19th October 2004, 09:51 AM
Probably $50-60 per p.p. if we get lucky on ebay :)

AndyP
19th October 2004, 10:03 AM
What should I expect to pay at Club Pelican? The "other" site allows you to buy vouchers for $75pp (meant to be a saving of $20) including cart.
It appears that Club Pelican tee times are no longer listed on ebay. I am surprised that their normal rate is $95pp, as they now charge for driving range balls, which they didn't under Troon management.
$75pp used to be the normal rate.

I am sure you could get a midweek round cheaper. They probably have specials listed in the local paper or something.

amanda
19th October 2004, 10:07 AM
Thanks AndyP - I'll call them about their midweek rate. We don't have to play anywhere flash - as long as I can meet some Qld Ozgolfers I'm happy.

I know Sat 13th is out - but how does Sun 7th sound? We might be able to make the last tee time at Nambour on Saturday - where is it?

AndyP
19th October 2004, 10:15 AM
I know Sat 13th is out - but how does Sun 7th sound? We might be able to make the last tee time at Nambour on Saturday - where is it?

Nambour is not that far from the Maroochydore Airport actually. But probably about 20-30 min from Caloundra.

As mentioned before, I would drop the other bozos in a second, if Saturday 13th was a better day for you. :wink:
I'll just need to let the missus and outlaws know what weekend we are going back.

amanda
19th October 2004, 10:18 AM

Nambour is not that far from the Maroochydore Airport actually. But probably about 20-30 min from Caloundra.

As mentioned before, I would drop the other bozos in a second, if Saturday 13th was a better day for you. :wink:
I'll just need to let the missus and outlaws know what weekend we are going back.
Thanks Andy - let me check with Brad tonight.

BrisVegas
19th October 2004, 10:22 AM

On behalf of the other bozos.... we don't need ya. bugger off. :wink:

Iain
19th October 2004, 10:49 AM

On behalf of the other bozos.... we don't need ya. bugger off. :wink:
Yeah stuff ya..... :| [-( :smt021

markTHEblake
19th October 2004, 11:45 AM
I am not going to go all the way to the sunshine coast for a lousy game of golf with you bozo's. However two games of golf is another story (what the eck make it 3 days in a row)

Though i am only interested in playing at golf 'clubs', ie not the resorts.

If any of you other bozo's need assistance with some accomadation I may be able to rustle something up - thougt it might be a little rough.

amanda
19th October 2004, 11:59 AM
Blakey - we have a sofa bed in our apartment that you can use on Sat night/Sunday.

We wouldn't mind a game Sunday either - what courses do you suggest?

AndyP
19th October 2004, 12:52 PM
We wouldn't mind a game Sunday either - what courses do you suggest?
Do you want to host at Horton Park on Sunday, Blakey? They usually have an open comp then.

Onewood
19th October 2004, 09:55 PM
hey I'm happy to postpone the Hills game for awhile (we can play there anytime) and play up north 8) we do owe our northen (travelling) members a game up that way, seems practical to do it whilst we have big hitting visitor in our area :D

markTHEblake
19th October 2004, 11:56 PM
Onewood - the Hills game is the week after. Cant you handle two weeks in a row playing golf?

Andyp - Horton park sounds fine. Also the Monday club play on different courses as well so thats worth considering too. I will make some calls.

Whitey On a sunday take your pick, they are all OK. Horton Park is the pick of the bunch but i wouldnt mind a crack at Caloundra, Bribie or Mt Coolum.

Dunno about sharing your accomadation though. You two should be having fun not worrying about the red wine soaked bum on the sofa snoring his head off.

Onewood
20th October 2004, 07:15 AM
Get the Horton park game organised then :wink:

AndyP
20th October 2004, 07:27 AM
Get the Horton park game organised then :wink:
Are you going to play at Nambour on the Saturday, Kev?

Onewood
20th October 2004, 07:34 AM
Sorry AP I will just do the sunday day trip.......gotta keep a few brownie points for my Sydney venture :D

markTHEblake
20th October 2004, 09:44 AM
Ok Kev, I have started new threads for the Sunday and Monday.

amanda
20th October 2004, 09:47 AM
Wow - 3 rounds of golf in 3 days - I'm not sure if we can handle that much golf!

markTHEblake
20th October 2004, 10:26 AM
What else are you going to do?

If your bored could take you on a tour and show you where i crashed my malvern star, all the bushes i have slept under, the creek i passed out in the night before winning the junior champs, and several other highlights not mentionable in a public place.

amanda
20th October 2004, 10:31 AM
What else are you going to do?

We thought we'd check out Australia Zoo, the big Go-Kart track, do some of the walks around the Glass House Mountains, and relax of course! I also want to check out the Eumundi markets on Wednesday but I'm not sure if Brad will be interested.

markTHEblake
20th October 2004, 10:42 AM
We thought we'd check out Australia Zoo,

An Ozgolf day is the same experience as going to a Zoo.

the big Go-Kart track,

Drive really fast on your golf cart

do some of the walks around the Glass House Mountains,

Playing at Headland and Nambour will be enough mountain walking for you.

and relax of course!

Golf is supposed to be relaxing

I also want to check out the Eumundi markets on Wednesday

Hmm, Wednesday is comp day.

but I'm not sure if Brad will be interested.

he probably would rather be playing golf.

AndyP
20th October 2004, 12:01 PM
amanda, do you need someone to crash tackle blakey for you?

amanda
20th October 2004, 12:28 PM
Don't worry - I can handle it :wink: Martial arts training comes in handy sometimes :D

AndyP
20th October 2004, 12:37 PM
Don't worry - I can handle it :wink: Martial arts training comes in handy sometimes :D
You won't need it to take on Blakey. He's pretty puny.