hey all,

just posting the regular 'how did you go' thread for the week

hope you hit them well and not offen

cheers
shane

Shaneo
7th February 2008, 03:52 PM
i'll start off
i have 2 round to enter from the last 2 days.

wednesday 6th

played at eastwood gc, my old club
playing off 2

greens - 15/18
fairways - 10/14
bogeys - 3
birdies - 5

shot a 2 under 70, nett 68 to win the comp on a count back.

thursday 7th

played ay eastwood again
playing off 1 today (woohoo)

greens - 14/18
fairways - 8/14, yuck!!
bogeys - 2
doubles - 2
birdies - 6

had a solid 37 pionts, pissed off at the fact i was 3 under with 3 to play, i guess thats golf :smt102

Toolish
7th February 2008, 04:08 PM
Nice rounds there mate, guessing the doubles came from missed FW's.

What are your putt/GIR stats like?

Shaneo
7th February 2008, 04:57 PM
the doubles came from hitting into the trees and not getting my bloody ball back, lost 2 in the trees. 2 bad swings, deserved it

wednesday putts per GIR - 15 greens hit, average 1.6 = 24putts

thursday was 14 greens hit, average 1.5 = 21putts

jimandr
7th February 2008, 07:51 PM
Normally we aren't envious of Victorian weather, but right now... wish I was there.

We might get a game in Sydney on the weekend, but it will be a wet one if we do, and I understand the Brissy boys are in the same ark.

Eag's
7th February 2008, 07:55 PM
Some very impresive scoring there Shaneo, keep it up mate :smt023

jaybam
9th February 2008, 11:45 AM
HAd a great day today. Still really wet under foot from all the rain this week and bunkers were gur also the fouth hole was shortened from a par 5 to a par 4 so the course par was 70 today. I managed 42 points and an even par 70 so was really happy. Only down side to this is it looks like i will now have to give Jarro another shot on our match play.
Stats were not great but a hot putter saved my ass
8 of 14 fairways
9 of 18 greens in reg
27 putts

Courty
9th February 2008, 04:58 PM
Today was another 4BBB stableford. My partner & I scored 40 pts. I started off really well, striking the ball better than I have in a long time. A few silly putts rounded off the 9 to finish +4 to the card, but I was still happy with the way I was going. A long break & increasingly heavy rain saw me lose some rhythm and I just couldn't hold it together on the back 9 to finish +7 (including 2 doubles) for a total of +11 (83 gross). Stats to follow later...

shazza_rs
9th February 2008, 05:22 PM
Nudgee South - Stableford 9/2/08
--------------------------------
41 Points (23-18 )
81 Gross
29 Putts
10/13 Fairways
4/18 GIR ( I wasn't actually going for 2 though)

Played really well on the front nine, +2 gross, then started the back nine with two 1 pointers. Cracked the shites at myself and then had a birdie for 4 points on the 14 to get it back square. Pretty happy with how i kept myself in it for the back nine because it was extremely slow. Pete actually teed off 30 mins after me and finished before me. :(

Hcp drop 13.6 - 12.1 WOOHOO!!

PS... I'm now in the ladies zone 1 pennant team....

Courty
9th February 2008, 05:26 PM
Nice work Shaz.

PeteyD
9th February 2008, 05:30 PM
Nice shooting Shazza. Have fun in Pennants.

Jarro
9th February 2008, 05:35 PM
Nice shootin Shazzanator !!!

What time were you out there ? I thought i saw you on the 16th green as i drove past about 3pm :-s

Rusty
9th February 2008, 05:46 PM
nice goin' shazza. it was only a matter of time.

jaybam
9th February 2008, 05:50 PM
Congrats shazza always feels good when you have a great round. Benn a while till today that i have had that feeling as well. :)

AndyP
9th February 2008, 05:51 PM
You're on a roll, Shaz. Keep the improvement going. Not far to single figures now. ;)

----------

I had a hit at pitch 'n putt with the lad. My normal 1 over. Pitches were good, putts never drop. **** I hate those greens.

I thought Mitch was on the improve with his first shot, but he lapsed back to his scoop shot after that. At least he hit a ball off every tee today, instead of pulling out the "I'm tired" line or some other excuse.

Grunt
9th February 2008, 05:55 PM
Good work Shazza,
Had a couple of rounds this week myself, nothing good to say about them so did not bother posting. Working on some swing changes, good and bad results from them at the moment. Hopefully will have it all set in muscle memory before next weekend against Amanda in the Matchplay.

Shaneo
9th February 2008, 06:36 PM
well today was my first Ivo Whitton event (victorian amateur circuit)
played at northern golf club
they're 36 hole events so its a big day.

first round
12/14 fairways
14/18 greens
bogeys - 0
birdies - 2
2 under 70 to be equal 3rd after the first round, very happy with that.

second round
10/14 fairways
16/18 greens
bogeys - 5, 3 x 3putts not good
birdies - 5, made some good putts
even par 72, not bad but could have been better, no 3 putts would have been nice.

all in all i think i finished 3rd or 4th for the tournament, results had not been finalised when i left.

very happy with the way i played especially the stats of GIR and FIR.

jaybam
9th February 2008, 06:39 PM
Well done Shaneo looks like it was the weekend for low scores. Hope we can all keep it going. :)

goughy
9th February 2008, 06:42 PM
Shit shazz, you've passed me! Good on ya ;)

Shaneo
9th February 2008, 06:43 PM
hey i saw you did well, nice shootin.
doesn't matter how the course is set up everyone has to play it, you sound like you played it better than anyone else

just
9th February 2008, 07:33 PM
Nice shooting Shaz. Keep dropping those shots!;)8)

Eag's
9th February 2008, 07:37 PM
Nice shooting Jaybam & Shaz :smt038

Flowergirl
9th February 2008, 08:45 PM
Shazza.................you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very proud of you. You'll have to give me some lessons. My game is stagnet at the moment.

And well played Shane. Some impressive score happening this week. Congratulations.:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
9th February 2008, 09:03 PM
great stuff shaz. pete better get used to caddying for you. Have you set him a hcap target to reach before the wedding?

perci
10th February 2008, 08:05 AM
Well done Shaz,another Win and the Trophy account should be looking pretty healthy as well!

shazza_rs
10th February 2008, 12:26 PM
Wow ... i can feel the love.... :):) Thanks guys and gal.

BV> yes pete has a hcp target... i better put off the wedding.

Played averaged today for 32 points (16 - 16).

Putts 35 (couldn't sink anything today)
Fairways 10/14
GIR 4/18 (was only shooting at 9 of them though - still shite)

I didn't feel like i was playing too bad, but have to get used to having to make pars now for the 2 points instead of just playing for a bogey. Putter wasn't on his game today.

Courty
10th February 2008, 03:23 PM
I finally got around to doing my stats from yesterday...

6/14 drives - 5 of those were on the front 9. My long game went off the boil on the back 9.
4/18 approaches - I was very surprised when I saw how low this number was. I was actually quite happy with the way I struck my irons. Many of the misses were withing a metre or two of the putting surface.
5/14 U&D - quite disappointing considering the proximity of many of the misses (as above).
2/2 Sand saves - more luck than good management considering the condition of the bunkers after the monsoonal weather recently.
28 putts - I'm finally feeling like I've turned the corner on my poor putting. Should have been 27 if not for a rushed tap-in. :???:

Bruce
10th February 2008, 05:57 PM
Swanny and I played an Ambrose at Sanctuary Lakes this arvo.

My first time round there and the place has some teeth. A bit of a breeze today which is apparently only about 50% of it's worst. If this is so then this course may cause fatalities. The 9th was straight into it at 370m and we couldn't reach it in 2.

65 off the bat as a 4 which had us equal second in the gross and winner by about 2 on the nett. A really good team effort with some good guys for a top Sunday out.

The sledging for next weeks Bruce v Swanny matchplay started on the first hole today. Based on today I've got him covered off the tee but his putter could run hot. Bring it on!

Grunt
10th February 2008, 06:01 PM
Nice win Bruce & Swanny.

Toolish
10th February 2008, 06:34 PM
Played today for a solid 31 points. (82 off the stick)

9/14 Fairways
12/18 GIR
0/4 U/D
0/1 SS
36 Putts
2 x 3 putts

Hit the ball really well but shot game let me down badly....40-100m wedges were ok without being great and the stuff right around the green was shocking. No way I should have shot 10 over with the way I was hitting it...oh well...more practise required.

jaybam
10th February 2008, 06:37 PM
After my game yesterday that i posted in here i am now done to a handicap low of 4.9 but will be 5 even after todays rubbish at gailes :)

BrisVegas
10th February 2008, 07:58 PM
Played Gailes today off pretty generous white tees. 80 (42 & 38 ) gross for 37 points. (par 73). Hit a few wild pull-hooks & shanks early on as I was a bit out of synch, but played the last 12 holes 1 over to salvage a score.

8 fairways
8 GIR
28 putts (2 chip-ins from the fringe)

jaybam
10th February 2008, 08:06 PM
Also at gailes but stats arent as impressive.

12 fairways for a huge
8 greens in reg but wait heres the best stat
37 putts 10 more than yesterday
and that added up to a huge 30 points
yay for me (hacker)

Eag's
10th February 2008, 08:25 PM
Gails today 31 pts, my short game deserted me bigtime today :roll:
My wedge play was terrible once again (lesson time for me)
No wipes but heaps of 1 & 2 pointers.
6 Greens
6 Fairways
37 putts :oops:

PeteyD
10th February 2008, 08:25 PM
Playe dGailes as well with the boys. Ran out of puff at about 12 and it showed.

goughy
10th February 2008, 08:27 PM

Welcome to my game!

PeteyD
10th February 2008, 08:32 PM
I blame lack of sleep and too much work around the house yesterday, not an attempt to emulate the Goughster ;)

AndyP
10th February 2008, 08:32 PM
It wasn't pretty to watch either.

PeteyD
10th February 2008, 08:39 PM
Indeed. Unfortunately.

kev
10th February 2008, 10:24 PM
Waterford Valley off the Blues.

Thanks to Jono's ex driver, I hit 10 fairways :smt038 - normally lucky to get 3!
44 putts :( and every time I 3 putted (8 times) I lost the hole (playing stableford and matchplay)
94 off the stick
36 points
Lost matchplay 3 & 2.

Love the driver. Of the 4 fairways missed, only 1 was hooked onto the next fairway, the other 3 I was less than 7m off. Normally I play 1 to 2 fairways over to the right :oops:. Won longest drive on the 11th and nearest the pin on the 200m 13th.

mikezone13
11th February 2008, 07:29 AM
1st round of President's Trophy matchplay in the pissing down rain on Saturday, 5&4 loss... no more to say (halving a hole with a triple bogey 8 definitely the highlight of the round.. not).

BrisVegas
11th February 2008, 01:50 PM
CCR at Gailes yesterday was 3 under par. Having the bunkers as GUR must have helped some folks!

jimandr
11th February 2008, 09:41 PM

Thanks to Jono's ex driver, I hit 10 fairways :smt038 - normally lucky to get 3!
44 putts :( and every time I 3 putted (8 times) I lost the hole (playing stableford and matchplay)
94 off the stick
36 points
Lost matchplay 3 & 2.

Love the driver. Of the 4 fairways missed, only 1 was hooked onto the next fairway, the other 3 I was less than 7m off. Normally I play 1 to 2 fairways over to the right :oops:. Won longest drive on the 11th and nearest the pin on the 200m 13th.

Can I be the first to say "drive for show, putt for dough". Sorry Kev. I know exactly how frustrating it is to do what you've just done.

However, I think this shows the Jono curse is more powerful than ever. I thought the curse only applied to any putter Jono ever touched, but it seems any putter that lives in the same bag as a Jono club is also cursed.

kev
12th February 2008, 07:56 AM
Can I be the first to say "drive for show, putt for dough". Sorry Kev. I know exactly how frustrating it is to do what you've just done.

However, I think this shows the Jono curse is more powerful than ever. I thought the curse only applied to any putter Jono ever touched, but it seems any putter that lives in the same bag as a Jono club is also cursed.

How come no-one told me about the curse???? :-s

Do you think if I kept the driver in a separate bag away from my other clubs I'll be alright? Or are they already tainted? :-k

3oneday
12th February 2008, 08:17 AM
You need to get a witch doctor in now mate.... I believe it's called an exorcism ???

:lol:

PeteyD
12th February 2008, 08:28 AM
Burn them and scatter the ashes into Bass Strait.

Shaneo
13th February 2008, 06:48 AM

94 off the stick
36 points
Lost matchplay 3 & 2.

what did you think of waterford valley kev?

AndyP
13th February 2008, 03:48 PM
10/02/2008, Gailes GC, Stableford & OZgolf Matchplay

I'm a bit slow with the upload of my stats this week.

9/15 effective tee-shots.
4/18 effective approaches.
1/9 up and down successes. :(
34 putts.
------------
1 birdie.
5 pars.
10 bogeys.
2 others.

Score 42-44-86 stab 18-14-32 (Par 37-36-73 CCR 70)

I played an okay round, but I was pretty disappointed with the number of greens missed. I thought I had sorted out some of the iron inaccuracy at the range, but once the game was on I must have lapsed.

I didn't think my short game was too bad, despite the poor up and down success rate. From the greenside rough I was hitting some pretty nice lob chips that were online most of the time. The problem was that they just wouldn't stop and would leave a decent putt back. Of those putts, I'd usually expect a couple of that sort of length to drop during a round and although I was hitting them where I wanted to, I just couldn't get them to drop. I think I was reading too much break in them, and hitting them a little hard.

Next round: 9/3, Wynnum Cup. Surely I'll play golf before then, but maybe not.

kev
13th February 2008, 10:00 PM
what did you think of waterford valley kev?

I like it. If you want to take it on with driver at every hole, you can, but you had better be accurate. The rough at the moment isn't too penal as they only seem to be watering tee to green and ignoring the bits between the fairways - the ground there is really hard and cracked.

If the wind gets up though you had better watch out as it is very open.

Greens are consistent, a bit faster than I'm used to, but true.

Pleasant course to walk as there is not much undulation.

The only problem is there is a lot of walking between green and tee.

Jono
14th February 2008, 01:08 PM
Kev,

I'm glad you like the driver. 8)

Don't listen to these clowns. Nothing wrong with my putter or my putting stroke. The ball just doesn't want to go in the hole. :lol:

Grunt
14th February 2008, 03:23 PM
Had a hit at Ashlar this morning, was a tough day. Ashlar had not been cut since last week and it was long. Was Tiger tee day as well, with no run on the fairways it was even tougher. I think I got 3 feet of run on my best drive. New swing worked ok, faltered to the old swing as I tired. I know the score was poor but I really think I am not that far from putting it all together

96 Gross
80 Nett
27 points
4 Pars
4 wipes
35 putts
7 Fairways
3 GIR

Back out to 17 again:?

PeteyD
14th February 2008, 03:33 PM
Grunt you knob. This thread is soooooooooooooooooo last week.

TS
14th February 2008, 03:34 PM
Grunt. That is good management, get the handicap out to 17 for Sunday's big match.

Courty
14th February 2008, 04:36 PM
Grunt you knob. This thread is soooooooooooooooooo last week.

:lol: